Soulmates | S.M.

By burritosandnachos

~Alana Sinclair finally has the opportunity to go see her favorite artist, Shawn Mendes, live in concert for... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
~Q&A~
52
53
54
55
56
58
59
60 (final)

35

3K 60 10
By burritosandnachos

Alana's POV

Tiffany, Shawn's stylist, took a measuring tape and measured my waist, torso, and took my height. As she measured quietly, she also wrote down the measurements on a tiny notepad.

"You don't have to be so quiet, you know" She chuckled.

"I'm sorry. I'm just kinda nervous. I've never done this before"

"You're going to do great. Walking down the carpet is always scary the first time but you have nothing to worry about because you are going to look beautiful"

It was currently August which means that the VMAs, the MTV Video Music Awards, were right around the corner and Shawn wanted me to join him on the carpet. I was getting my measurements taken by Tiffany so she could have a dress fitted for me.

Shawn and I decided to coordinate our outfits to match. He was going to wear an emerald green suit and I was going to wear a long, emerald green v-neck dress with spaghetti straps and a split at the leg area.

The award show was in a couple of days and was being held in New York. Shawn and I were going to go on a flight tomorrow to go to New York City from Canada then afterwards, we were going to go to California for Layla's fifth birthday party.

Tiffany made one last mark on her paper. "Alrighty. I think we're all done here"

"Thanks so much, Tiffany. I really appreciate it"

"Of course! Anything for you. You've always been so kind to me which makes me so happy that Shawn is marrying you"

I smiled at her then grabbed my things to get ready to go back home to start packing for the trip.

---------------

"How long are we going to be gone again?" I asked Shawn as I hauled my black suitcase on to the queen sized bed besides Shawn's.

"Two weeks at most" Shawn said loudly from the bathroom. "Majority of the trip is going to be spent in California"

I nodded my head despite the fact that he couldn't see me. I started pulling articles of clothing from the closet and the drawers, placing them into the suitcase. Shawn came out of the bathroom and started putting clothes into his grey suitcase that was already half full.

He pulled out the red "dress" that Elle forced me to bring the first time I went to Toronto. He lifted it up, bringing it closer to my direction. "Can I recommend this piece of clothing for the trip" He smirked.

"Interesting choice. I'm going to have to say no" I pouted.

"What?" He frowned. "Why?"

"We are staying at my parents house. I don't think we want to do anything there"

He made a face of disgust. "Good point"

I chuckled, shaking my head, putting more clothes into my suitcase. Shawn did the same but abruptly stopped before putting a black silk button-up into his suitcase.

"In that case" Shawn put down the shirt. "Maybe we should. You know" He shrugged his shoulders, smirking.

I grinned, scrunching my nose. "Very tempting, love bug. But we're scrunched on time and we need to pack"

"Alright" He frowned once again.

He continued to pack his clothes and I went into the bathroom to pack some toiletries. I bent my knees to reach the white cabinet underneath the sink to grab some travel-sized shampoo and body wash. I put them in a small bag, zipped it up, then stood up to go back to the bedroom but was interrupted from doing so.

At the doorframe, Shawn leaned against one of the sides of the frame, his arms crossed against his chest. I raised an eyebrow. "What is it?"

"Huh?"

"Why are you standing there?"

"I finished packing and I thought I'd watch my beautiful fiancee pack her things. Is there anything wrong with that?"

"Not at all" My heart skipped a beat as it always did when he called me his 'fiancee'. I walked past him, placing the toiletry bag on top of my clothes, then zipped up the suitcase, placing it in the hallway next to Shawn's suitcase.

I strolled back into the room to find Shawn sitting on top of the grey comforter of the bed, his legs crossed like a little kid in elementary school. "So. Are you finished?"

"Yeah" I sat down on the left side of the bed, bringing the comforter up to cover my legs. He lied down next to me, resting his head on my lap. I ran my fingers through his curly brown hair then brought my hands to cup his cheeks. I traced the scar on his right cheek.

"How did you get this again?"

"I tried shaving my face when I was younger. Obviously there was nothing to shave"

I smiled. "It's one of my favorite features about you. It's what makes you, you"

"Oh yeah?" He raised an eyebrow. "What else do you like about me? Appearance wise"

"You can't ask someone that question. It's absolutely impossible to list every single thing"

He grinned then shook his head. "Just give me a condensed list. I wanna know what you think"

"You want to know what I think? Every time I see you, I think 'Dang. I wish I could just tackle him in a huge bear hug' or 'Wow. He's so pretty. What the flip'"

He chuckled at my response. "Then why don't you?"

"Why don't I what?"

"Tackle me"

"I mean, if we're in public, that's pretty uncivilized"

"That's true" He nodded his head in agreement, bringing his right hand to my cheeks and squishing them together. "You still haven't told me what you like"

"Mmm. I love your pink lips anddd. Your hair. The vampire bite moles on your neck. Oh. Can't forget your lazy eye"

"So specific. Quick question. What are your standards of the perfect looking boy"

"You"

"No. Seriously, Alana. I want to know"

"I am serious"

He gave me a disbelieving look as I reached my hand over to the nightstand to grab my phone. He sat up as I opened the phone to call Elle.

After three rings, she answered and I put her on speaker. "Hello?"

"Hi, Elle! I need a favor for a quick sec"

"Sure what's up?"

"I need help proving something"

"Shawn's there?"

"Hey, Elle!" He said.

"Hi! What do you want me to prove?"

Shawn answered. "I want to know what Alana's idea of the perfect guy is"

"You"

My eyes lit up. "I told you!" I smiled, seeing that my point was proven.

"It's true. I would always ask her when she would get a boyfriend and she would say that she'll probably die alone because her standards are too high. I would ask what those standards were and she would simply say 'Shawn Mendes'"

"Wow" Shawn responded.

"Thanks for the help, Elle. I love you!" I spoke to the phone.

"No problem. Love you too!" We then hung up and Shawn stared at me, his eyes sparkling in the setting sun.

"I loveeeee you" Shawn smiled placing his hands on my waist then pressed a kiss on to my forehead.

"I loveeeee you more" I replied, cuddling into the right side of his body, allowing myself to be consumed by a feeling of peacefulness and love.

-----------------------

The New York City skyline stood out beautifully upon the blue, cloudless skies. I rested my forearms on the balcony barrier, letting the soft winds run through my dark brown hair. I continued to stare out at the view, waiting for Shawn to get out of the bathroom so we could start getting ready for the award show.

Tiffany was going to come to our hotel room with our outfits and helps us with the preparations. Soft knocks at the door disturbed my thoughts and I went towards the door to see who was at the door. I looked out of the peephole and saw Tiffany carrying two black garment bags, a cube-like carrying case on the floor next to her.

I unlocked the door, opening it, and letting her in. "I've come bearing award show clothing!" Tiffany cheerfully said as she brought the things to the king sized bed in the middle of the room. She carefully placed the garment bags side by side on the bed, zipping open the one on the left.

She pulled out my emerald green dress, straightening it out before handing it to me. "You are going to look so gorgeous in this! Hurry hurry. Put it on!" She rushed me towards the bathroom as I thanked her.

I knocked on the bathroom door. "Love bug? Can I come in?"

"Yeah! It's open" Shawn's voiced echoed to the door.

I slowly opened the door and quickly slipped inside, closing the door behind me. Shawn was standing in front of the huge mirror, shaving cream in his hand. "Hi honey" Shawn smiled, looking at me through the mirror.

I smiled back at him, bringing the dress to the farthest wall of the bathroom, next to the shower, and hanging my dress on the towel holder that was mounted on the wall. "Hi love"

Shawn put on the shaving cream all over the lower half of his face then turned to face me, his eyes landing on my dress. "Are you changing in here?"

"If that's all right with you?"

"Of course" He continued to spread the shaving cream then brought a razor up to his face.

I took off my hoodie and the shirt that was underneath. Shawn washed the rest of the shaving cream off his face, wiped his face with a towel, then turned to look at me, a smirk forming on his lips.

"What?" I asked him, taking the dress off the hanger.

"You look great already, honey"

I threw the hoodie that I was wearing earlier at him and it landed perfectly on top of his head. "Hey! What was that for?" He asked, taking the hoodie off.

"I didn't want you looking at me with no clothes on" I shrugged, even though I was still wearing underwear.

"I think it's too late for that, don't you think?" Shawn chuckled, bringing his gaze back to the mirror.

I unzipped the green dress, stepping into it and guiding it up my legs and to my waist. Before I could put it all the way on, I took off my bra since the dress had a v-neck that went all the way down to my chest. I pulled the spaghetti straps to my shoulder then walked towards Shawn by the sink.

"Can you help me zip this up, please?" I faced my back to him.

I felt his hands go on my shoulders then to the zipper that was near my lower back, zipping up the dress. Shawn turned me to where I was facing the mirror and I watched as he brought his hands from my waist to my hips, giving them a light squeeze. He then began placing soft kisses on my neck as well as my shoulders.

"Thank you for helping me, handsome" I squeezed his right hand that was still placed on my hips.

"Mhm" He mumbled, resting his chin on my shoulder and looked at the both of us in the mirror. "Absolutely gorgeous" He whispered into my right ear, causing the tiny hairs on my arms to stand up.

I grinned, patting his arm. "I need to go back out to Tiffany as do you"

He pouted. "Alright. I'm going to miss you"

I chuckled softly. "I'm only going to be out in the room"

"Still. I'm going to miss you"

"I'm going to miss you too, love bug" I began walking towards the door when I felt Shawn's large hand lightly grasp my arm and pulled me towards his chest.

"Shawn. I need to go" I jokingly frowned.

"You can't leave me without a kiss" He brought his hands to my cheeks, leaning in to place a soft yet passionate kiss on my lips. I smiled, pulling away, then opened the door of the bathroom and walked back into the bedroom.

I closed the door behind me as I saw multiple people who have arrived in the room. Andrew, sitting by the couch next to Tiffany near the big glass wall that separated the inside and the balcony, Shawn's hairstylist, Anna, and a woman who I was unfamiliar with, both standing near the bed, fixing things.

Everyone looked at me as I walked towards them. Tiffany stood up from the couch, her hands enclosing her mouth. "Alana" She spoke. "It looks so much better than I had expected. You look stunning"

"Thank you" I smiled. I greeted Anna and the unknown woman, who I soon found out to be Julia who was here to do my makeup. 

I sat down on a wooden stool as Anna and Julia did my hair and makeup while Shawn was getting dressed into his emerald green suit. 

After about a half hour or so, everything was finished. I looked at the long, vertical mirror that hung on the wall. My eye makeup was gold to match my heels and I was sporting a nude lip color. My hair was curled into loose, wavy curls. 

I walked back to the girls, giving them all a hug for helping me get ready for my first awards show. I then sat next to Andrew, watching Shawn get ready on the same stool I was just on, Anna, fixing his hair and Julia, applying some concealer to his face for all of the photos.

A little bit more time past and Shawn and I were finally ready to go. Andrew stood up from the couch, clapping his hands, and directed everyone to the Uber that was at the valet downstairs to pick us up. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 560 12
A Shawn Mendes Fanfiction
164K 1.5K 80
If there is Smut or Fluff I will put a warning at the beginning of the chapter. Enjoy!
20.7K 828 46
Finding love in the oddest of places.
102K 3.7K 62
now you are mine. - a shawn mendes and camila cabello fanfiction