Summer In Miami✔

By Mo_thewriter

Widowed and divorced, Amalie Conor Davids is raising her child alone. And trust is hard to get from all the m... More

Copyright and Synopsis
Chapter One.
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Authors Note
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
New Author Mesaage
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Announcement!!!

Chapter Four

131 22 2
By Mo_thewriter

A/N: I basically don't know what to say
I think THANK YOU will do😁
   Here goes nothing..

  Amalie sat with the Babysitter, Rainbow who had started working days ago. She handed Bow like she loves to be called an envelope while she stood starring at her hand.

 "I'm sorry you had to stay late yesterday it's just a bonus for helping and my daughter loves you" Amalie smiled.

"It's nothing.. I needed a job to take care of my mom."

"Is she alright?"

Bow nodded "At times she gets this heart attack and I'm like her only survivor"

Amalie nodded trying to understand. She was the only child of her parents,her dad had died when she was five years. He had been the dad any person would ask for.

Bow thanked her and left. Amalie sat on the kitchen stool with her phone in one hand and spoon in the other. She took out of the ice cream she had scooped into a cup. It was one of her many routines on Saturdays.

"Mom!"

"Hmmn" she said sticking her eyes to her phone. She felt Petra walking close to her

"Mommy!" Petra screamed close to Amalie's ears causing Amalie to drop her phone. Petra took her phone.

"Young lady drop my phone" Petra shook her head and ran off. Amalie ran after her. When she caught her they were both on the floor of the sitting room laughing.

The door bell rang. They stopped and looked at themselves. Amalie looked at herself,she was still in her night dress.

"Go get the door while I change into something else." Petra nodded.

They both stood up, Amalie walked upstairs while Petra walked to the door she made a cross sign placed her hands together then opened the door

  "SURPRISE!"

"Grandma!" Petra said and jumped on Eleanor, Amalie's mother. Eleanor walked inside with Petra hanging on her as she closed the door and walked to the living room Amalie came down.

 "Mom!" Amalie said surprised it wasn't her mom to come all the way from Louisiana to LA. "How? Why?"

Her mom giggled."Keep the questions for later."she dropped Petra,walked to the sofa and sat putting Petra on her leg "I'm just happy to see my favorite girls."

 "It's great seeing you mom" Amalie sat close to them. They(Amalie and Petra) hugged her.

"Alright enough of the smoshies. How's my grand baby doing?"

"Fine. Mom got me a babysitter and she's so fun. And I'm more happy to see you."

"Hmmn."

"Grandma come check out my room..Mum had changed everything since we last called you. I got new dresses and dolls and also pretty shoes."She winked at her grandma.

  Eleanor laughed "Alright! Alright! That would be after I make you proper breakfast for both of you."

    "Come on Mom! I should be the one to cook." Amalie said standing.

  "Of course not. Both of you haven't showered."

"How did you know that?"

"I'm a mother. Go on." They left Eleanor downstairs.

"Mom I'm glad you came."

"Came! I'm spending a month. Your uncle wants to visit Louisiana so I'm heading back April..he bought my tickets, told him I wanted to visit you two for the first time."

"Uncle Klint?" Her mother nodded "Why does he want to visit?"

"Why else, Business of course. He said he wants to start a business in Latagnier."

"Ohh..but you'd still be with us till April a very long time." Eleanor nodded. "I'd miss your cooking so far I've eaten the best home cooked meal."

"Don't worry about me . No pity party. We must make my visit a remarkable one. Let's have fun. I want to see California LA."

"Grandma you should come ride on the dangerous rides .... they're incredible"

"I'm not sure I'm doing that" they laughed.

    Amalie sat on her chair starring at the opened file lying on the table in front of her. She had nothing to do. She had met with people she had to meet and business she had to take care of.

She had just returned from a short meeting with Ella that morning and so far so good there had been good news.

While she sat Nadia knocked on her already opened glass door in."Aren't you a receptionist. You ought to be at you post not only if there's an emergency."

  "First..Yep there's an emergency and Secondly you look beautiful and yeah thirdly, you looking at a boss"

"A boss?"

  "Ohh yeah Ella employed four new receptionist so I've been moved to your floor."

"That's great. So what's the emergency."

  "Oh yeah why did you stop going on this dates and you never spoke to me about this." Nadia frowned.

"Oh that. Of course I stopped."

  "What happened with Roberto? He kept on complaining." Amalie starred at Nadia shocked.

  "Complain!"  Amalie made a 'psst' sound. "I ought to be the one complaining. He's such a douche." Cara came in and both she and Nadia sat.

  "So!?"

"He's ugly first.... his beards are unkept,he kept on saying 'OH'  like most of the time a sentence flew out of his mouth and 'What do you do' like four times and yes he eats like an hungry dog to top it all which was funny was that he made me pay for an expensive meal."

  "Whoa!" Cara and Nadia said.

"What! Did I also say he took my food?" They(Cara and Nadia) began to laugh "Its really not funny. How he worked for Cara I don't know and how it's working for you I can only imagine."

  "Alright I guess your luck is out. No guy you like or prefer."Nadia said "I won't plan any other date."

"That would be cool. Put that on your reminder."

"Sure." She giggled. "I just want the best for you."

"Thanks dear but I'm alright."

"Doesn't mean you should give up in the dating world." Cara said. Amalie rolled her eyes.

  Amalie sat in her room reading a Magazine by tomorrow her mom would be leaving.  She had been freed from tucking Petra to bed today. They had definitely had fun after a long time. She sipped out of her coffee when her mom knocked on her halfly opened door.

  "Mom! Come in" Eleanor walked in and sat on the edge of the bed.

  "Seems like a dream but today is my last night. I see you doing well so I won't start with that." they both chuckled.

"Yes Mom. Start anyhow."Amalie dropped the magazine on the bedside table."I'm listening."

  "Ann did you know why I didn't replace or remarry after your father died." Her mother only called Amalie her second name when she was serious about something.

  "Well you really loved him and you talked about him so much."

   "Yeah. Love was part of it. I respected him. I know he would have wished I had married after he died."Eleanor adjusted."The moment your father and I met I knew he was the one call me cliche but I knew. Well it took time before he asked me to marry him. We got married during summer. Our youthful days were exciting" Eleanor smiled.

"He could handle me..he handled my temper so well and he knew me alot. I didn't want to replace him cause of fear that I would love someone more than I did to him. We wanted kids twelve,five as long as we could take care of all of them. We only had you, don't get me wrong I love you so much........I wanted to teach you everything I could.. When you eloped I was devastated I didn't know you'd do something like that you loved him so much. I never liked Kenth but I let your happiness overshadow that." Eleanor stopped as tears flowed down her eyes.

  "Oh mum not now" Amalie drew closer and hugged her mum.

"When he started beating you and Petra I was angry, Disturbed. Your father never did that. " Eleanor cleaned her eyes and drew back from the hug "All I'm saying is I didn't stop you from what made you happy." She took Amalie's hand into hers "I love you darling. Make the right choice. Some men are scums not all men. Your Dad wasn't. He might have his ups and downs. Your Mr right is out there. Pasts should remain there..don't think cos of Kenth you can't go on with life. Make the best wishes for yourself and what would profit you and Petra." She drew her into another hug.

  "I love you too Momma. Thank you." Amalie said and drew back "let me help you clean your face, you look weird." They giggled.

  " And yours too."

"Well I do frown and you rarely do"

"Alright! Petra is lucky to have you"

" And I'm lucky to have you."

  "Amalie there is bad news!"

A/N: You all are wondering what the bad news is 😂..
  Vote, Comment and follow
Choa choa 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 4.4K 35
"I want to love you but it hurts too much" "If you give me this chance Zara you will never regret it" -------------------- Adonis Martinez, a single...
1M 26.7K 40
Aitana Daniels was at the age of twenty-six. She gave birth to her baby girl Freyah Raven Daniels six years ago at age twenty. Many people call Aitan...
18.5K 550 20
His whole world was flipped upside down in a total 30 seconds. With his daughter's hand he walked away on love. Swore it off completely until her... ...
199K 2.5K 27
a single parent raising a kid whose father doesn't know she exists is very hard. [completed & edited] © luvelyjimin 2017