Summer In Miami✔

By Mo_thewriter

Widowed and divorced, Amalie Conor Davids is raising her child alone. And trust is hard to get from all the m... More

Copyright and Synopsis
Chapter One.
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Authors Note
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
New Author Mesaage
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Announcement!!!

Chapter Three

134 25 3
By Mo_thewriter

"Hello Mrs Davids."  

"I'll prefer if you call me Amalie." She said to the Phone.

"Yes Ma'am. I'm Petra's teacher and it seems to me that Petra is troubled about something."

"What do you mean?"

"She looks distracted by something, she hardly finishes her homework. She had a speech to present to the class but asked for grace. I called because I'm troubled. She is falling behind in class."

"Oh thanks for that. I'd find out what's wrong." Cara knocked her door as soon as she dropped the phone.

"Who's that?"

"Petra's teacher."

"Ohh...that doesn't sound good."

"Yeah I guess"

"So what did the teacher say?"

"Her teacher says Petra's not focused anymore. She hardly finishes her homework."

"Didn't you notice?" Cara came closer.

"Well. She's always home alone when I go on my blind dates."

"Amalie!?"

"What?"

"Couldn't you at least get her a babysitter."

"She seemed fine on her own. I'm sure it's nothing about babysitting."

"Still doesn't matter. When you get back do you visit her room."

"At times."

"I thought you were a better mom than I am."

"You get tired Cara."

"Well I'll get a babysitter."

"Don't trust them." Cara sat down. While Amalie stood to make coffee.

"You'll have to. Or else you deal with it yourself."

"I'll sure do that. Thanks Cara. I have a meeting with Ella soon."

"Alright. I came to get the file"

"What file?"

"The new product launching." Amalie pointed at a drawer opposite Cara.

"Thanks" Cara checked the drawer for the files "Don't forget." Cara said as she left the room.

Amalie thought about what Cara had told her at the office as she drove to the Chinese restaurant Nadia had sent to her .. Another ridiculous date ..She hoped it was something good this time.

Before she walked in she texted Cara about the babysitting.

She wore a red off shoulder dress that stopped above her knee. She opened the door and used her eyes to check for a man sitting alone. There were couples everywhere and few singles.

Her eyes landed on a lanky man with bald head and brown beards. He waved at her but she looked away hoping it wasn't him. She took out her phone and called her date it rang inside the restaurant she looked round and found the same man "oh come on" she said under her breath. She gave him a sarcastic smile and walked to his table.

"I'm Roberto Eddies. You must be Amalie Davids."He smiled.

"Yes that's me." She dragged out her chair and sat.

Before he could say anything the waiter walked towards them.

"Good evening Ma'am, Sir. Want to order?" the waiter said. Amalie glanced at him and gave her the warmest smile she could give at the moment.

"Just give me water."Amalie said. Seriously not wanting to be on the date.

"Water!?... Nonsense No No No. Get her the specials also."

"Okay." The waiter left.

"Hope you're doing fine?..Why request for water?"

"Don't have much of an appetite."

Amalie looked at him. Maybe she could try this with him open up.

"Stress." She simply said

"Oh..What do you do?"He asked as he poured wine into two glasses.

"I work at a beauty company as the advertising manager. That would be Ella Doks." She smiled proud of how far she has come.

"Ohh..What's Ella Doks?"

Shocked,Amalie frowned. "How can't you know Ella Doks.."she tried a lively sentence as she giggled but the man didn't look a little bit amused.

"Well like I said I work at a beauty company. Ella Doks makes Make-up."

"Oh."

Amalie getting annoyed "What do you do?"

"IT!"

"That's nice."

"Oh.Yeah it is"

"Of course"

"What do you do?"

Amalie sighed "I've said that."

"When" Amalie rolled her eyes and drank her red wine.

"Make beauty products. In Ella Doks."

"Oh" Before Amalie could talk,The waiter came with another waiter who pulled a cart where the food was placed.

They served it and left. Rob began to eat like an hungry dog. Amalie just sat and watched him. "What do you do?"

"Are you kidding me" Amalie said under her breath. "Beauty" she said and sighed.

"Ohh. Are you gonna eat that?"

"I'm not sure."

"Can I?" He asked pointing to the plate.

"I think." He took the plate and poured in his and began to eat ..the sound that came from his chewing attracted people who sat close to them.

"What do you do?" He asked for the fourth time.

"I said I work at Ella Doks." Her voice rising a bit.

"Oh.." They said nothing throughout ..she watched him eat while she drank her wine . He looked up when he was done eating. The oil from the food was at the corners of his mouth."Lets go. Do you have cash?"

Amalie looked at him "Yep...Why?"

"Cos you gonna pay." Amalie gasped. She stood up opened her purse and dropped the money on the table.

"Bye." She stomped out.

"Hello Ms. Amalie. This is Lorena calling from Valley Green Junior school. I'm Petra's teacher, I called weeks ago about your daughter but I refused to call again thinking things would straighten out. Petra is lagging behind Ma'am. "

"Ohh Lorena..I'll get back to you. I have a meeting right now. A new product launching out and I've got to go."

"Okay but Ms. Ama...." Amalie hung up,took her files and walked to the elevator . She walked into the meeting room which intersected with Ella's office with the help of walls. Amalie walked straight to Ella's office.

"Morning Lizzy. Please is Ella in?"

"Oh yeah. She has a meeting a.."

"Yeah I know. I've got to see her before the meeting begins."

"Alright you may go in."

"Thanks" Amalie walked into the office.

"Amalie what brings you here? You ought to be at the meeting room."

"I Know Ma'am. I was ready for the meeting..."

"Was?"

"Yeah. I'm sure you'll understand. My daughter's teacher has been calling for weeks now about Petra falling in line with her mates ..The pressure of the new product launching and numerous blind dates I have been out on. I've not been able to talk to her. Since today is our final day and everything is kinda settled. Can..."

"Of course you can. But make sure you get it right."

"Yes I sure will. Thanks Ella."

"Don't worry and go make things right with her"

"Petra what's wrong?"

"What do you mean Mom?"

Amalie turned sideways to as she drove to check out her daughter."Your teacher called and said you don't pay attention in class and you don't finish your work." Amalie looked forward turned to the street where their house sat.

"It's just an assumption."

"Of course not. Your teacher won't just call."

Amalie stopped the car in front of the house before she could lock the doors and take her bag, Petra was heading towards the door. Amalie unlocked the door.

Petra walked in and headed to her room. Amalie sighed. Dropped her purse and walked up the stairs. She stopped shortly by Petra's door and knocked. "Petra baby Open up."

A/N: this is how the room looks like

"No mom."

"Why won't you?"

"Your dates don't like me."

"Why would you say something like that?"

"I overheard you tell Aunt Cara and Aunt Nadia that no man wants to date you when you tell them you have a kid." Petra's voice came out with tears.

"Open up!" Petra complied, Amalie walked in and both climbed back on the bed that they rest their backs on the pillows. "If they don't love you it doesn't matter. I do love you and that's all. Right now. I'm gonna stop going for all this dates and spend more time with you"

"No...How would you find my new Daddy?"

"Come on Petra. I've tried. It's time for your new Daddy to search for me." Petra smiled. "I love you Petra and that's all you and I both need."

"I love you too Mom."Amalie hugged her.

"So promise me you won't be a cry baby anymore" Petra giggled "Mommy doesn't even like those hideous dates."

Petra nodded "My mum is soo cool." They giggled.

"I was thinking about a babysitter. I've been working so late. What do you think?"

"As long she isn't mean I'm fine." Amalie chuckled. She got down from the bed.

"Go freshen up I'll go make dinner."

A/N: Hey guys I was waiting for feedbacks that's why it's coming this time. So I've decided to be publishing Two chapters 😁how does that sound.
Anyways do what we do, vote, comment and follow me.
Jah bless😇.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.9K 2.8K 62
Until a year ago, Kacey's life had always been easy. But when it rains, it pours, and he loses what always seemed a given. A year and a half later, h...
354K 4.1K 83
@maxverstappen1 requests to follow you.
500K 10K 86
Maeve Wilson is a 21 year old single mom to her little 4 year old son Atlas. She got Atlas when she was only 17 and only got through it all with the...
257K 7.5K 37
~Sequel to Little Kisses~ I smirked and turned to him running my hands slowly down my body and walked onto his lap again. I wrapped my legs around hi...