Mine

By _ilovetoread-

[UNDER EDITING] BASED ON A HAUSA LIFESTYLE. --- "Too bad you're mine and you have no choice but to stick with... More

Author's Note
Mine
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
..
Chapter 40
Author's Note
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Q&A
Q & A
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
..
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Announcement
New story!!
Announcement/2

Chapter 3

10.9K 1.1K 37
By _ilovetoread-

"What the..." Rumaisa said when she saw me.

"What?" I said.

"What the hell are you wearing?!" She shrieked.

I looked at my plain white abaya with light touches of brown on the sleeves paired with a white veil that's not even it's. "it's called an abaya?"

She rolled her eyes. "we are going to a party, a party that the whole of Abuja knows of, and Umar Kashim will be there, it's a party not gidan rasuwa." (mourning house)

God will forgive you..

" 'The whole of Abuja knows of' " I said trying to imitate her annoying voice as I rolled my eyes "you really think highly of your friend, literally no one cares. Nor do I care about what you think about me or my outfit, if you're done blabbering kindly move your feet so I can get this over with."

The stupid girl ignored whatever I told her as her observations moved up to my face "And why is your face natural?! At least put some kohl on, your eyes are bloodshot red!" She eyed me.

I gave her a blank look.

She actually looked nice, she was wearing a red and black gown with a black turban, but I was never going to tell her that.

"Wallahi someone will mistake you for my mai aiki, which I don't mind by the way." she said.

"Wallahi don't provoke me, I can go and wear a huge hijab that will be sweeping the whole of that place, so be happy that I'm wearing an abaya!" I told her.

Her eyes widened. "you wouldn't!"

I narrowed my eyes at her. "dare me."

She quickly shook her head. "no, no, no you are..you are okay, let's go, we are already late."

"Better" I said as I followed her out of the house.

We walked to the car and I entered the passenger's seat, then she entered the car and we drove out of the house.

"Sannu Baba sani." I told the driver. (Hello)

"Sannu, Hameeda, ya kike?" He asked. (How are you?)

"Lafiya kalau, ya Iyali?" I said. (I am good, Hows's the family?)

"Iyali Lafiya, jiya ma-..." (The Family's fine, Yesterday-)

"Baba sani, dan Allah Kayi sauri, we are late!" Rumaisa shrieked. (For the sake of God hurry up.)

She's so rude!

Baba sani didn't say anything afterwards.

I turned to glare at her "Don't speak to him like that again, or else I'll inform Aunty."

"Sorry Baba sani." she murmured.

Baba sani smiled. "ba komai, ai Yaro man kaza." (it's fine, a child is a child.)

Poor guy, he's too nice.

I watched as he took a turn to take us to Jabi, I've never been to Halima's house, and I've never wanted to come.

"Oh my God!" Rumaisa shrieked close to my ear, causing me to flinch and immediately drop my phone on my lap.

"What?!" I barked at her turning to glare at her once again.

I was not in a good mood and this girl isn't helping matters! I'm so upset that I believe even a stroke of a feather on my arm will trigger me.

"Umar Kashim has reached the party! Amanda just posted it on her Snapchat!" She said as she shoved the phone to my face.

I moved the phone backwards to get a better view of the video. "you can't even see his face, people are just crowding him, what does he do?"

Rumaisa frowned as she took her phone away "what do you mean by 'what does he do!"

I sighed. "I mean, how is he famous?"

Well..his dad is rich, he's been famous like sincee, He used to be one of Abuja's boys kigane? but now he has taken over his dad's business, his dad has retired, he's more mature now though...but not that much, considering he still goes to clubs and all that, and no one insults him and gets away with it! He's kind of arrogant, but I still love him!, he's sooooo fine, I can't believe I'm going to meet him, Hali says she'll introduce him to me! I'll be his future wife Insha Allah!" She squealed.

Baba Sani shook his head in amusement and I looked at her in annoyance.

"I don't know whether to use the word pathetic or delusional on you..maybe both." I said to her.

She gasped as she looked at me, offended.

"So that's the kind of guy you want to marry?, the one who goes to clubs, probably drinks, arrogant..??" I asked.

She shrugged. "yeah...what's your problem?"

I sighed, not even knowing what to say to her
"Allah ya shirya" (May Allah guide you)

"Ameen." Baba sani whispered.

I smiled a little at my sister's stupidity until the events that happened an hour ago came rushing into my head, a frown immediately painted my face and I felt like crying again.

I can not believe it.

I just hoped and prayed that whatever Ya Abdul wanted to say to him will work.

"Mun zoh, but we can not enter, Sai dai ku fita Anan, chiki ya chika." Baba sani told us ( We have arrived, you have to go out from here, the inside is full.)

I looked at the house and my eyes widened.

This big house is filled with cars? I can't count the cars that are outside, I can't imagine how many are inside then.

I was considering staying in the car with Baba sani...

I'm not exactly the most social person.

"Let's go." Rumaisa said as she went out of the car with a big wrapped gift in her hands.

I walked out of the car and we entered through the busy gate, why on earth is a birthday party looking like a wedding??

At the back of the house, there's a big hall that the party was talking place in.

Immediately we entered the hall, I understood what Rumaisa said about my dressing.

Most of the ladies were dressed in dresses, and the guys mostly button up shirts with trousers.

I could spot two or three girls wearing abayas so I wasn't exactly the odd one out, even if I was, I genuinely won't find it in me to care, I didn't come here to party, I'm here to make sure that my stubborn little sister doesn't get her self in trouble.

Before I could utter another word, I couldn't find the stubborn little sister.

I turned to my right, I turned to my left, No Rumaisa

I groaned out loud, on the verge of stomping my feet, the server passing with the small chops in a tray gave me a side look.

I had one job!

I didn't know if I was upset that she left me all alone here or upset that she disappeared right in front of my eyes when I'm supposed to be watching after her. 

Once again...remind me please why on earth I'm babysitting a grown WOMAN. What is this?? I'm sure even the Rumaisa herself is embarrassed. But Baba will be Baba.

I entered the crowd looking for the little brat, I was getting weird looks from almost everyone I passed.

I was wearing an abaya two sizes bigger than me and two, every girl here is glammed up, and then theres me. At least I have Vaseline on my lips..? That's better than nothing right?

I ignored them as I continued pushing past people to find Rumaisa.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned, ready to throw hands at anyone one who touched me.

My eyes widened when I saw it was it was Rabi'ah.

I quickly hugged her.

She was one of my best friends, in fact my best friend! I was surprised she didn't tell me she was attending this since we spoke some hours back and we literally tell each other everything.

But I was very happy she's here, because I don't get to sit alone and think about my life.

She hugged me back.

Her blue gown went beautifully with her dark skin.

When we pulled away she looked down at my dressing. "girl, why is your abaya looking like it's 5 seconds away from swallowing you up?" She asked.

I quickly shook my head. "let's not talk about that, I was forced to come here, how come I didn't know you were coming here?, you know halima?"

She nodded looking at me in confusion "Haba Hameeda, kin manta? she's Aliyu's sister."
(Cmon Haneeda, you've forgotten?)

Oh..right

Aliyu is Rabi'ah's ex, they lost contact, they don't talk anymore, but her and his sisters still keep in touch...this is basically a story for another day.

"Ohh haka, Halima is Rumaisa's friend." I told her.

"Ohh, you look like you are looking for someone." she said.

"Yes actually, I'm looking for Rumaisa." I told her.

Rabiah rolled her eyes. "let the girl enjoy her friend's party."

I shook my head. "Im not going to go drag her away, I just want to know know where she is, she wasn't meant to leave my sight, you know how Rumaisa is"

Rabiah nodded. "I understand, I'll help you look for her, you go left, I go right."

"Ok, thank you." I told her.

"Don't mention it." she said as she turned to go the other way.

I took a turn, only for a body to collide into mine, the drink on the person's hand spilling unto my abaya.

And my big head had to wear a white abaya!

If it was on a normal day I'll just forgive the person and go, but I was already frustrated, i looked up throwing the hardest glare I could muster at the person.

The pair of soft brown eyes were already looking down at me.

I looked up at the man for two seconds, waiting for him to apologize, when he kept mute I lost all my patience.

My nostrils flared. "can you not see see where you are going?? or are you walking with so much might that you can't see other people?!, look what you have done?!" I motioned to my abaya that was now stained with red drink.

He looked at my abaya and he looked back at me, not a word left his lips.

My mouth opened in shock, the audacity of this man?!!!

The music lowered, people stopping what they were doing to turn their attention to us.

Well they should be ready for a show because this man is very stupid and he needs to know that.

His silence triggered me more, I snapped my fingers close to his face but he didn't even blink. "You can't apologize?? Are you deaf? Dumb? Both??"

Some people from the crowd gasped.

I turned to flare in their direction, what on earth are they gasping for?? They're acting way too dramatic for my liking. 

I looked away from them, turning to look at the man in front of me only for another guy to catch my attention, I could swear it looked like he mouthed 'run, NOW!'  to me.

My scowl started to fall of my face, what is going on?

Before I could comprehend what on earth is going on someone dragged my arm from behind, I sharply turned, only to see Rabi'ah once again.

"Come on, we have to go." She whispered to me, breathing heavily, it seemed as if she ran.

Before I could tell her anything she started dragging me out of the hall.

I turned to look at the man that was still standing there, still looking at me, I sent him a glare before hissing out loud.

Rabiah waited until we were out of the hall before she released my hand "Hameeda! You have just killed yourself."

I looked down at myself "I'm pretty sure I'm still breathing"

She whacked my arm "this isn't the time for jokes! Why did you do that?"

"Why did I do what?! Confront that statue of a man for bumping into me and spilling his red drink on my abaya?! Did I mention he didn't apologize?? see I'm not usually the one to volunteer myself for the public's entertainment but did you see him?! I couldn't just not say anything! He's so..ugh!"

"I understand but you were rude!" she said

I blinked back at her "are you sure you're ok? HE bumped into ME and spoilt my abaya without an apology, and I am rude?? And what do you mean rude?? He's a man, he can't handle what I said to him?? Eyaa well sorry for him." I said.

Before Rabiah could say another word Rumaisa came rushing out of the building, holding her dress up so she doesn't trip from how fast she's walking.

Who on earth is chasing her??

"We have to leave this place now, I don't need him finding out we're related while I'm still here!" She said.

To be honest I had to give myself credit for how patient I was, waiting for them to explain why on earth they're both so worked up, because it can't be just because I confront or was 'rude' to this random man, who by the way deserved it!, there had to be an explanation because they both weren't nice like that...No offense.

"Hameeda that was Umar, Umar Kashim" Rabi'ah said to me

I blinked back at her "Okayy...and what on earth does that have to do with me??"

-/-/-//-:-//

Damn! 😂😂

I loooveee her attitude!

Please
Vote
Comment
Share.
Love, M☺️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.6K 4.6K 64
[COMPLETED] This is the story of a young lady who found herself being the only child of her parents which seems normal at first, but it comprised of...
17.8K 1.7K 45
FULANI LOVE STORY [ONGOING] Join Aliyu and Maryam as they tried to build the trust in their marriage that was once broken by an unintentional betray...
21.5K 2.5K 55
A coincidental car accident brought two souls meant for each other together at the time they never expected. Zayba Isah Bature, a sister to Hibba Isa...
109K 18.5K 54
Copyrightยฉ 2020. All rights reserved. Completed! ~โ€ขBOOK 2 IN THE ROYAL SERIESโ€ข~ Perhaps it was the fact that despite the inner turmoil she has, some...