Mine

By _ilovetoread-

[UNDER EDITING] BASED ON A HAUSA LIFESTYLE. --- "Too bad you're mine and you have no choice but to stick with... More

Author's Note
Mine
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
..
Chapter 40
Author's Note
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Q&A
Q & A
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
..
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Announcement
New story!!
Announcement/2

Chapter 2

12.8K 1.1K 42
By _ilovetoread-

I brought out my books out of my bag, I just want to finish this stupid  chemistry once and for all.

I sat down on my bed ready to open my book when the door swung open.

Her Royal Highness Queen Rumaisa strutted in. "I want your gold shoes, now."

I raised my eyebrow up. "First of all, fix your tone, you want something from ME, second of all don't you have a pair of gold shoes?"

She rolled her eyes, ignoring my first statement "I do, but every one has seen me with them before."

I raised my hands up in the air in bewilderment
"who even looks at your feet to know which shoe you wear??"

She hissed as she walked over to my shoe stand. "umm...people like Umar Kashim!, oh my god! He's so fine!"

Oh God not again. As if the praises in the car wasn't enough.

She picked up the pair of shoes she wanted and she was about to leave the room when I stood up. "Rumaisa!, dont try-.."

She cut me off, sending me a pointed look "Argue with me, I tell Baba."

I sigh loudly in defeat, she knew my weakness.

She smiled as she left the room.

You see what I was saying?? A little devil! Very wicked for an eighteen year old!

I sighed as I leaned back down on my bed.

I opened the book, trying really hard to understand what it meant.

Then the door swung open again.

"Wallahi Rumaisa, leave me alone!" I said still looking at my book.

"Keh, it's me." He said.

I looked up to see Ya Abdul.

The frown didn't leave my face. "what do you want?"

He placed his hand on his heart. "Well..that hurts, aren't you happy to see your older brother."

"Not really, no." I replied.

He chose to ignore what I said and he jumped on the bed, next to me. "what are you doing?"

I sighed, "Chemistry."

He groaned. "Ughh, I hate that subject."

"Me too!" I said.

He looked at the book. "wait, this is actually easy, we did it last year."

Ya Abdul is in 400 level, he's 24, I'm in 300 level, at 2o, and Rumaisa is in 100 level, and she's eighteen.
The three of us attend Nile University.

I glared at him. "you think?"

He shook his head. "no Wallahi, it's actually easy, at first I thought it wasn't too."

"Ok teach me." I told him, pushing the book into his palms.

He took the pen from my hand. "you see, all you have to do is-..."

We had to be cut off again! By the opening of the freaking door!

I was about to start shouting, but when I saw it was Aunty, I kept mute.

And the look on her face got me worried.

I stood up and I walked towards her.  "Aunty, everything okay?"

She slowly nodded "yes, your dad is calling you."

Uh-oh.

It's never a good thing when Baba calls you, it's either he scolds you or tells you something important, and the look on Aunty's face isn't helping.

I nodded as I turned to take my veil and I followed her to baba's living room.

Aunty sat down on the couch adjacent to baba's and I sat down on the carpet close to her.

"Hameeda, before I tell you what I want to tell you, know that after we finish talking you are escorting your sister to that party that she's going to" Baba said.

Oh no!

"Baba, I have an assignment to finish, but Ya Abdul is around?" I suggested.

"Keh, are you arguing with me? I'm sending Abdul on an errand, so you must escort her. Do you understand?" He said.

Rumaisa is a grown adult! She didn't need an escort. And did she really have to go for that party? I wanted to ask that but for the sake of my own well being I decided against it.

I nodded.

"Good" he said "Now, if you remember very well, I had a talk with you 2 months ago."

My eyes widened.

Of course I remember, he told me that I had 4 months to get a guy, if not he's going to get me a guy to get married to.

I never understood why he wanted to marry me off so bad, something along the lines of it not looking good that the eldest daughter is still unmarried. What??? With all due respect, most of the time I believe my father forgets I'm only 20.

In some families that's still too young for marriage, so I don't know why my father is making it seem like I'm in my Forties.

"Bu-..but Baba, it's not four months ye-..yet." I stammered.

He nodded. "Im aware of that, but you are going to waste everyone's time, so I found you a guy myself, he's reasonable and our business ties will strengthen when there's a relation secured."

Shikenan Hameeda, he's probably going to get you married to an old man!, probably his friend, maybe it's even that his friend Alhaji Yakubu! The one with the pot belly!

I felt sick. The way my stomach turned from his words made be believe I needed a toilet.

He continued. "..and I have already finished talking with his family, everything is settled, we are getting you two married in exactly three weeks."

Innalillahi wa inna ilaihirajiun.

He can't possibly be serious. Can he? This makes no sense.

Don't cry, don't cry.

"Kina jina?" he asked. (are you listening)

"Bu-.." I tried to object but he cut me off.

"Kina. Jina?" He repeated

I remained still, after a few seconds I forced myself ti quickly nod my head, knowing if I leave him to repeat him self the third time I won't like it.

"Toh Tashi ki tafi, rumaisa na jiran ki" he said, then he turned his neck to continue watching the news, acting like he hasn't dropped the biggest bomb on me.
(ok stand up and leave, Rumaisa is waiting for you.)

And to top it all, I still have to escort rumaisa to Halima's birthday.

Yeah, my life is going absolutely great!

I stood up trying so hard not to burst out crying.

I looked at Aunty who was trying so hard not to meet my eyes, I knew she gave an effort to stop Baba, but once Baba makes his mind, it's almost impossible to change it.

I walked into my room to see Ya Abdul on my bed writing on my book.

"Ok look, i finished the first question, let me-.....Hameeda, what's wrong?" Ya Abdul immediately sat up straight when he noticed my face.

My tears betrayed me and they started falling.

He stood up and he walked towards me and he placed his hands on my cheeks "what happened?"

"Ba-..Baba, is getting me mar-..married in two weeks, and it's probably to Alhaji yak-..yakubu" I sniffed "and also..I have to escort Rumaisa to that stupid birthday, to see that...that..that..that stupid Halima and that her stupid famous cousin!"

Ya Abdul wrapped his arms around me, and I placed my head on his shoulder.

"I'll go talk to him, he can't do that." ya Abdul said.

I shook my head "don't talk to him, he may get more upset and bring the date even closer!"

"He won't do that, and why would he want to marry you off against your will?" Ya Abdul said.

"I don't know! Why does he hate me so much, what did I ever do to him?!"

Ya Abdul didn't say his normal line of 'he doesn't hate you, he's just doing what's good for you' because even he is starting to believe that Baba hates me.

"I really-.." ya Abdul began to say.

The door swung open.

I hate my life..

Rumaisa walked in. "Ya Abdul, Baba is calling you, and Hameeda, let's go."

It took every effort in me not to take the night lamp on my bedside table and bang it on her head.

That will literally make Baba marry me off today.

"Ok" he told her, then he kissed my head and he left the room.

"Hurry up, I'll be waiting in the living room." she said as she walked out and she closed the door behind he.

All I want to do is lay down on my bed and cry, but I have to go to some party filled with people like Rumaisa.

Sounds like a pandemic!

-::-:-:-;-:-;-;-:-/-:-

Hello

Here's the second chapter!

How was it?

I don't like her dad. 😕

Oh well.

Enjoy your day!

Vote
Comment
Share

Love, M😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 12.8K 58
Book one in the Dantata Series She joked about getting a husband at the wedding. He was the groom's cousin. They say some love stories start when you...
45.3K 3K 81
"Don't get attracted to what you see, unless you wanna get burnt." He smirked, pinning his gaze on me. "What do you mean?" "Expect nothing from thi...
482K 19.8K 89
"You?" She yells. "You feisty cat, look what have you done? You have teeth or cutters?" "And what the hell did you just do? You scared the hell out...
18.6K 1.6K 34
Dive into the intriguing story of two strangers from northern Nigeria, united in an arranged marriage, with unique love stories and heartbreaks, they...