Two Fangs Deep

By Eldriel

Revenge. Revenge is the one thing that exists in every story. Sometimes it's as simple as revenge against an... More

Red With A Funny Taste
Original
Quite A Reunion
Downtown Dance
Freshly Turned
Sired Without Question
Let It Stay Buried
Unanswered questions
Fight Me, Elijah
Marcel Gerard
The Baby Of The Past
An Awkward "Good Morning"...
Sly As A Fox
Anger
Oh, Brothers...
Storm Ablaze
The Apprentice
Just a Normal Day?
Long Time No See
The Sons of Mikael
The Smirk
Niklaus Mikaelson
Wolves Part 1/2
Wolves Part 2/2
The Bitch Returns
The Unraveling
One on One
Rebekah Mikaelson
Goner, Part 1/2
Goner, Part 2/2
Hayley
The Plan
The Betrayal
Time to Say Goodbye
Teaching the Fledglings Part 1/2
Teaching the Fledglings Part 2/2
A Gathering
Beyond Time
Ancient Creature
Going Home
Silhouette
Forest Green or Ocean Blue
Epilogue
ยกยกยกIMPOTANT INFO!!!
Another Day

Mikael

739 21 3
By Eldriel

Scarlett's POV

Reuniting with Mikael was exactly what I needed to get my focus back. Jakob went out and brought me some new clothes. Returning to the Mikaelsons mansion covered in blood would probably draw too much attention. The bottom of my new gray cardigan brushed against my hand as I walked down the street. The material felt soft against my skin. I have to give it to Jakob, his style is not that bad. A pair of skinny jeans, a top with "love" written on it, and this cardigan make me appear normal for a change. 

I quite like it but it's not like my usual hunting clothes. 

Man, I miss wearing them. They were so much easier to move in and, honestly, they look super good on me. 

Being... well more like pretending to be normal is very tiring. Why can't I just go back to being the simple, ruthless Scarlett Night? The person I was with Mikael...

Flashback Year: 1212 AD

"Focus, Child!" Mikael barked as he opened the window, letting the sun in. 

It burned me as I was strapped to a chair facing the window. Mikael was teaching me to endure pain, to not let others use torture to crack me in any way. It's been a few years since he turned me and I'm getting better at this whole deadly vampire thing. 

I felt the sun melting my skin, creating huge blisters across my face but I stayed quiet and focused. Distancing myself from the pain was my key to coping. To think about something else, sometimes being able to torture the one that is torturing me. My gaze moved slowly to Mikael after being burned alive for a few minutes, a stone-cold expression on my face. Mikael appeared expressionless as usual but I knew deep down he was proud. 

He had to be... 

"Ah, feels good, does it not?" I smiled sweetly as a piece of skin fell off my face. 

Mikael responded by shutting the window. I instantly felt my skin slowly start to heal. However, I avoided appearing relieved. I didn't want to give him any sign that I had been in great pain.

Mikael started to approach me. I thought he was going to release me but in a quick motion, he slapped me across the face, hard. 

"Never let down your guard. Not even around me, is that clear?!" He growled and let out an angry sigh. 

"Yes, master," I replied. 

Mikael simply huffed in response and walked towards the door. 

"Are you not going to release me?" I asked plainly. 

He didn't even look at me. He simply let out a defeated sigh and walked out the door, not looking back. Taking my lapis lazuli ring with him. 

"Fine, if that is how it is going to be..." I mumbled angrily. 

How could he just leave?! I've done everything he has asked for, how can he just-just leave me here?! It has to be a test...? yes a test! Of course. 

I used the last of my strength to rip the chains off my arms and legs. 

"I guess all that is left to do is wait," I whispered to myself. 

I can't leave as long as it's daylight outside. I took a look around our tiny cottage. I started searching closets and cabinets until I found what I was looking for, some good old-fashioned alcohol. 

I opened the bottle and took a sip. I leaned my back against the wall facing the door and slid down to a sitting position on the floor. 

-----

I woke up to a howl of a wolf. I must have fallen asleep drinking. 

"How reckless of me, right?! what if someone found me and killed me in my sleep," I yelled to no one in particular. 

Mikael keeps preparing me for shit I don't need.  

"I can take care of myself, Mikael!" I slurred. 

Your drunk, Alexandra. 

Get it together! It's finally night-time, time to start the test. 

Searching for Mikael. 

I stumbled out the front door and ran into the woods.

-----

After searching for a while... and becoming sober, I decided to enter the closest town where a familiar scent caught my attention. 

Got you...

The scent led me to a bar. I looked down into a puddle close by making sure I looked presentable. Then I entered, making sure to not catch anyone's attention. 

I found Mikael sitting close to the bar, drinking. I could smell the alcohol oozing off him. 

Drunk, that's new. I walked over to him and sat down beside him. 

"Hello, stranger." Mikael paid no attention to me. 

We sat in silence for a while. I ordered myself a drink and slowly sipped it.

Suddenly, Mikael broke the silence. 

"After all these years... I am surprised that you are still here." Mikael said slowly sipping his drink.

 "I expected you to leave, to betray me, like all my other children." He glanced over at me before continuing. 

"I do not know what crossed my mind when I turned you. You are the first and last human I will ever turn, did you know that? Maybe, you are a replacement for my lost ones or maybe I was simply lonely..." I decided to stay silent until he continued his speech. 

This is the first time he has spoken about his children or anything personal at all. I want to know as much as possible.

"My half-breed son killed my wife and is responsible for the death of one of my younger sons. He also turned my two other children against me and made them leave with him. I believe he has some of them trapped in coffins as well... I do have another daughter, but she was taken from me a long time ago. She may be the only child I have that does not loathe me." He paused and sighed. 

"I am alone now. All I have left to do with this cursed life is to kill my bastard son as revenge for all the things he has done..." He trailed off taking a large sip of his drink.

"You are not alone," I stated simply. 

"You have me, whether you like it or not. If all I am to you is a tool to take your revenge, then so be it." I chuckled lowly taking a sip of my drink. 

"You are all that I have and I will, therefore, be at your disposal. Even if it cost me my life." I said, staring at the wall in front of me. Not facing Mikael. 

"Your way of existing I all I know, it is all I am. However, I will need a name. Son can't know that I'm alive." I need to be a ghost in this world. 

"If we are going to act out this revenge... I need to be someone new, something new... I have to be better than the original vampire..." This time Mikael cut me off. 

"Scarlett." He said quickly. I gave him a confused look. 

"Your new name, Scarlett, like your hair. However, you will need a surname." Scarlett... I like it. I took a look around the bar and then a pleasant thought slider itself into my head. 

"Scarlett Night, I believe it sounds appropriate since I am a creature of the night, after all." Mikael gave me a sly smile and I smirked in response. T

hen he reached into his pocket and pulled out my ring. He carefully placed it on the table and stared at it. 

"Then... We have an agreement. In one way or another, one of us will end them all."

End of Chapter 19

Sorry for not updating in such a long time, guys! I've had a lot of exams and been sick for weeks but I'll be posting a lot of new chapters after this one. For the next four or so weeks, I'll be posting chapters for this story every Monday!

Hope you guys liked this trip into Scarlett and Mikaels past! I hope to hear from all you in the comments! Also, we've reached over a thousand readers! I'm so grateful and I don't know what to say. Huge thanks to all of you!

Until next time!

~Eldriel

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84K 1.8K 55
Before you read the summary of this book I would like you all to know that there is a NEW VERSION of this book that has a better plotline, more origi...
874K 20.5K 143
- โ๐š ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ฐ๐จ๐ฅ๐Ÿ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ง๐จ ๐ก๐ฎ๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ, ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฑ๐ข๐ง๐ โž โœจ๐Ÿบ โ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฐ๐ž๐š๐ค. ๐๐ฎ๐ญ...
4.1K 109 31
"For an eternity, darling." He smiled. - Amelia Mikaelson, the original witch hybrid and the old wife of Klaus Mikaelson. Five hundred years of mar...
305K 7.3K 49
Ranked #2 in #niklaus stories โ˜บ๏ธ *** in which a thousand years later, a young woman is back from her slumber and will do whatever it takes to win bac...