Two Fangs Deep

By Eldriel

Revenge. Revenge is the one thing that exists in every story. Sometimes it's as simple as revenge against an... More

Red With A Funny Taste
Original
Quite A Reunion
Downtown Dance
Freshly Turned
Sired Without Question
Let It Stay Buried
Unanswered questions
Fight Me, Elijah
Marcel Gerard
The Baby Of The Past
An Awkward "Good Morning"...
Sly As A Fox
Anger
Oh, Brothers...
Storm Ablaze
The Apprentice
Just a Normal Day?
Long Time No See
Mikael
The Sons of Mikael
Niklaus Mikaelson
Wolves Part 1/2
Wolves Part 2/2
The Bitch Returns
The Unraveling
One on One
Rebekah Mikaelson
Goner, Part 1/2
Goner, Part 2/2
Hayley
The Plan
The Betrayal
Time to Say Goodbye
Teaching the Fledglings Part 1/2
Teaching the Fledglings Part 2/2
A Gathering
Beyond Time
Ancient Creature
Going Home
Silhouette
Forest Green or Ocean Blue
Epilogue
¡¡¡IMPOTANT INFO!!!
Another Day

The Smirk

716 18 4
By Eldriel

Scarlett's POV     Year: 1948

This town is unbelievably boring. I've been in Europe for such a long time that I've forgotten how little that actually happens in America. I mean, Europe during World War II was a blast. 

People killing each other left and right. Who thought the Great War would change name to World War I so quickly? 

It's surprising how few people know that almost all the people around Hitler were witches. Do you really think he was that good at speeches? That was some trance spell-voodoo-shit. And don't get me started on Hitler's so-called "suicide"...

A familiar scent stopped my train of thought. 

Blood... 

I can sense a vampire close by. The smell of blood seems to always follow vampires. I'm hungry, so I might as well stop by for a quick chat with this vampire...

I wandered in the direction of the scent. The vampire's aura quickly told me that he or she was old, but not even close to my age. Maybe in the late hundreds. Cheers to whoever it is for making it this far. 

Maybe this country isn't so boring after all. 

I entered an alleyway. Why is it always an alley? Why not a cozy corner of a whorehouse or just a simple bench in a park? That would have been nice. 

"This one is taken, find your own." The vampire growled as quickly as I entered the dark place.

 By the deep voice and the musky scent, I do believe him to be a man. He must have gotten some money because his clothing is quite nice. 

"Oh, don't mind me. I'm just observing." I said and smiled sweetly. 

I leaned on my umbrella as I calmly waited for his probably over-the-top reaction. 

These vampire men are always so territorial about their food.  

As I expected, he used his vampire speed to appear in front of me before the body he was holding hit the ground. 

"Leave." He said sternly, flashing his fangs. 

He's quite handsome, I'll give him that. Bright blue eyes, jet-black hair however he doesn't appear to recognize that I'm much older than him. 

"I like what you're doing with your face. Quite Scary, I have to say." I smirked and let out a little snicker. 

That must have pocked his ego because he instantly swung at me but I saw it coming from a mile away. Before his fist even touched me, I had him up against the closest wall, by the throat. 

"That is no way to treat a lady," I said shaking my head. 

He was struggling against my grasp but gave up the second he realized that it was pointless. He can't be this weak, he just appears to have given up on more than just this fight.

"Now, can we have a civilized conversation, so I'll be able to decide if I should kill you or not? Don't run. Running will just sign your death sentence before the trial can even begin" I said calmly with an underlying tone of 'don't fuck with me'. 

The man nodded in response. I carefully placed him on the ground and brushed the dirt off his shoulders. 

He didn't expect me to do that, so he tried to run the second his feet hit the ground. Luckily, I just grabbed his shoulders and pushed down, keeping him in place. 

"Don't test me, boy. I'm a great deal older than you." I said calmly. 

He let out a defeated sigh. 

"Can you sit down and relax, please. I've decided that since I'm bored, I'll keep you alive at least for a little while. I'm in need of some entertainment." He didn't seem all too happy about my decision but he sat his ass down on the ground, like a toddler with a tantrum. 

"Hey, look. I'll even give you your snack back." I said in a pouty voice, bargaining with him as if he was a baby. 

I used my vampire speed to grab the girl and placed the half-dead human in his lap. 

He looked at me questionably but eventually started to drink from her again. I continued to lean on my umbrella as I watched him.

When he stopped drinking the girl's heartbeat had gone completely silent. I thought for a second before I opened my mouth to ask the first question.  

"What's your name?" I asked calmly. 

He studied me with his big blue eyes for a few seconds before he answered. 

"It's Damon, Damon Salvatore." 

Wait a bloody second. Salvatore? As in Stefan Salvatore? Stefan did mention that he had a brother named Damon. 

Damon must have noticed the surprise on my face because he gave me an oddly suspicious look.

"You must be Stefan's brother. I've heard a lot about you" 

Damon didn't respond, nor did he show a single emotion on his face at the mention of his brother 

"I mean, swearing that you would make his life hell on earth, cheers to you!" I laughed as I tapped the tip of my umbrella into the pavement. 

I can understand Damon seeking revenge on his brother it's after all the best way to release some piled-up anger. 

It's what I do, after all.

------------

Damon had a grudge against me for a while. His pride was hurt for being defeated by me so easily. However, I know that he could probably have given me a real fight. 

He could maybe even have harmed me if he truly wanted to. But there's a flicker of deep sorrow in his eyes, a type of sorrow only a woman can create. 

I pushed off the subject for a long time but I needed to know about his troubles if he was going to stay with me for a while. 

I sat down on the couch opposite of Damon. We used our compulsion on the owners of a huge apartment complex. We got the biggest one and it was simply stunning. I can't remember the last time I settled down like this. The interesting part is that there are no romantic feelings between Damon and I. It's more of a kinship. 

Like we are brother and sister. Similar to my relationship with Stefan. 

Well... the relationship I currently have with Stefan is more like the relationship between Klaus and his siblings at the moment. He really hates me.

I did tell him about my past with Stefan. He simply laughed and told me about the time he gave his brother his freedom back' by making him drink human blood again. 

Making him go on another Ripper-trip. I don't understand my relationship with the Salvatores but somehow, I've grown to feel responsible for them. 

I'm breaking one of my most important rules with them, do not get attached. 

But somehow, after all these years they are appealing to my long-lost humanity...

"So, Damon. Tell me about her." I stated simply, leaning back into the couch. 

"Tell you about who?" He asked, sipping his usual glass of bourbon. 

"You know who. The girl that gave you that sad, longing look in your eyes." Damon's face quickly went from melancholy to angry. 

"Don't!" He growled quickly standing up from the couch. 

"Wow, calm down, tiger. I understand... It still hurts. How about this, you tell me about her and I'll answer any question you have about me. And none of it will leave this room." I said with my hands in the air in a 'calm down' motion.

He appeared to think about the offer for a moment, and finally sat down on the couch again. 

"Her name was Katherine Pierce." Kathrine Pierce... that name does ring a bell. 

"She was the woman who turned me... and my brother." He sighed and chugged down the last of his drink. 

"She was... Perfect, in any way a woman could be. But my idiot brother couldn't handle her being a vampire, so he told our father about her." He paused.

I could see the conflict of emotions in Damon's eyes. 

I know that he loves his brother, deep down in his heart or else he would have killed him a long time ago. 

"My father brought the founders of our town who had become familiar with vampires and captured Katherine. Through her, they got to all the other vampires in town. They were all gathered in a church and burned alive." Damon paused, took a deep breath, and let out a loud sigh. 

I didn't expect such a dramatic story. 

"That's not even the best part. Stefan and I tried to run after the carriage the vampires were in, which got us both killed. Our own father shot us in the back as we ran. We didn't know we had Katherine's blood in our systems until we woke up the next day." That's hard. killed by your own father. And I thought the Mikaelsons had issues. 

"I believe Katherine survived. She's out there, I just have to find her. She saved me. Now it's my time to save her." I gave Damon a sympathetic look. 

Poor boy, he's been through a lot.

Damon shook his head and put his usual mask on, in the form of a big and bright smirk. 

"Your turn. Now, What should I ask you?" He said rubbing his hands together. 

Suddenly, he was sitting on the table right in front of me. Staring into my eyes in a truth-seeking manner. 

"What do you want?" He asked simply. I gave him a confused look in response. 

"What do you mean?" I asked plainly. 

"Why choose me? Why stay here? Why help me? Why fuck around with Stefan? What are you looking for?" I didn't expect a question like that. 

I expected more of a 'Who turned you?' or 'What's your real name?' You know, some basic shit like that.

"That's a good question, Damon." I smiled brightly. 

My reaction must not have been what Damon had expected because he had a surprised look on his face. 

"Call it boredom. I'm over 700 years old, after a while you just see history repeat itself. But, there was just something about you and your brother... You're special somehow. But I  can't put my finger on why exactly." Damon simply stared at me for a while, then stood up slowly. 

"And I have a few old vampires I have to kill, eventually. I just haven't gotten to them yet." I winked at him as I turned aroung

"I'm tired. I'm going to bed." I stated and walked away.

------------

I woke up to a loud bang. 

I quickly exited my room to find people with guns and stakes standing in the doorway, hunters. Damon was standing in front of them. In the blink of an eye, they both hit the floor with a loud thud. Their necks were broken. 

"What's going on, Damon? What did you do now?" I asked annoyed. 

"I may have pissed off some important people." He chuckled lowly.

I walked over to the bodies and studied them. Then I noticed a sewn-on patch on their shirts that had a crest and the letters 'A. S.' Broded into it. I instantly recognized the crest. 

They're from the Augustine Society. 

"Damon, you have to leave," I said sternly.

 "Why do I-" That was all that came out of his mouth before another loud bang rang through the room.

I felt a stinging pain in my back and blood soaking my shirt. 

Wooden splinters in the guns, creative. 

I let out a loud grunt mixed with a growl. 

I turned around and faced a dozen hunters standing in the doorway. 

"Scarlett!" Damon yelled. 

I didn't feel any pain anymore, only anger and bloodthirst.

 "Damon, leave!" I roared. 

"I'm not leaving you to fight alone." Damon hissed. 

I don't have time for this. 

One of the hunters suddenly caught my eye as he raised his stake shooter and aimed for Damon. Shit! I used my vampire speed to jump in front of him. The stake went through my stomach, instead of Damon's heart. 

I landed hard on the ground, quickly pulled the stake out, and glare at Damon. 

"LEAVE!" I roared, flaring my fangs at him. 

I used my speed and strength and tackled him. Shoving him through the glass window leading outside. As I watched him go through the glass and fall to the ground, I could see the usual mix of emotions in his eyes, confusion, sadness, betrayal, maybe? 

However, there was something else there that I couldn't read. An emotion I had never seen Damon have... Goodbye, Damon Salvatore. It thought as I felt a smile creep onto my face.

"So, boys. Who's ready to have some fun!" I smiled sadistically as I turned towards them. 

I straightened my back, standing tall. Showing that their attacks hadn't affected me. Then I charged at full speed.

---------

I won that fight and had a feast on the next vampires I met. I made sure that no one knew that I was the one that killed them all. I had already drawn too much attention to myself. 

They thought it was Damon and despite my effort that day, he was captured by the Augustine Society. 

He ended up being tortured for years. 

I didn't help him because I had already become too attached. He probably thought I was dead anyway, making the decision to stay away a lot easier.

I had been too involved with the Salvatores and something told me that I was not a part of their future. At least not in the near future.

That fight was the last time Damon saw me but not the last time I saw him and his brother. I did check up on them every once in a while. 

I do know that they both were living in Mystic Falls when I checked in 2009. 

They're back in their hometown, where it all started. However, it's been many years since I last checked on them. But if I know them well enough, they're probably out causing havoc somewhere...

End of Chapter 22

Hope you guys liked this glimpse into the past of the Salvatores and Scarlett. Please leave a comment and a vote, so I know if you like the story so far!

Until next time!

~Eldriel

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 3.4K 37
Cassiana Gilbert. She's different, according to the original hybrid. She has something in her that sparks and ignites. It draws him in like a light d...
902K 25.6K 54
A KING CAN RULE ONLY WITH A QUEEN BY HIS SIDE: Family is power. The Original Vampire family swore it to each other a thousand years ago. They pledged...
84K 1.8K 55
Before you read the summary of this book I would like you all to know that there is a NEW VERSION of this book that has a better plotline, more origi...
4.2K 109 31
"For an eternity, darling." He smiled. - Amelia Mikaelson, the original witch hybrid and the old wife of Klaus Mikaelson. Five hundred years of mar...