Married My Enemy (#1 Rajput)

Av ekkladki

This story is about a relationships between a father and daughter. A wife and husband. And 2 best friend. "G... Mer

Copyrights
Characters
Prologue
1-Hatred
2 - World War Three
3 - Outburst
4-Too Close
5- Marry Him
6- Surprise
7- Brothers By Anger
8- His Ariel
9- Be Ready On The 25th
10-Mute, Deaf and Blind.
11- A Little Closer
12-Nightmare
13- We All Hide Things
14- Puzzles To Solve
15- Jealousy
16- She's Too Bold
17- One Week
18- One Day
19- Wedding
20-Vows and Emotions
21- Her Prince Or Demon?
22- Rejections Hurt
23- His Cure
24-Crowded By Smart People
25- 'Change Him'
26- Too Many Plans
27- 'Crossing The Limit'
28- Ghost House
29- 'Red Hulk'
30 - The Moon And The Sun
31- 'All Of His Shades'
32- Mental Asylum
33- 'Willing To Be Abnormal'
34- Low In Patience
35- The Y's
36- Fire Vs Fire
37- 'Three Years'
38- A Threat To Kiaan
39- Flirting Without Any Shame
40- Rajput's Vs Ahuja's
41-'Experience Teaches Us.'
42- They Saw Love
Sneak Peak
43-Blending For Each Other
44- 'You're Weird, You Know?'
45- Valak Loves Jaanvi
46- Lesson To Be Taught
47- First Kiss
Author's Note- Important
48- 'You're Making Me Fall For You'
49- They Love Each Other
50- Invitation
51- Gold Or Bold?
52-Mini Kiaan
53- Personality Switches?
54- New Friends
55- Flies Everywhere
56- Non-Adults
57- Confessed The Truth
58- 'Actual Fight'
59- The 'I' Game
60- Lover Or Stalker?
61- The History
62-Confessed It All
63- Home
64- Wife Or Baby?
65- It Was Always Jaanvi
66- Silence
67- Self-Talks
68- 'It's Me'
69- When Putana Calls Kiaan
70- 'Wingless Butterfly'
71- 'My Clown'
72- 'Raised Well'
73- The Race Against Time
74- 'Still Love You'
75- One
76- The Rising Respect
77-The Family's Outburst
78- Husband Over Friend
79-Flipping Kiaan
80- His Wishes
82- Blazing In Fire (Juhi's Truth)
83- Flowing Blood
Jaanvi's Information
84-Twisted Mind
85- 'They Are Coming'
86- 'Going Well'
87- The 'Do' and the 'Don't'
88- 'Give Me A Reason'
89- Dependent
90- 'Inner Demons'
91- News
92- 'Don't Want You'
93-Someone New
94- 'Is This What Depression Is?'
95- Oh Vomit!
96- From The Start
97- Stuck In The Middle
98- Jealousy
99- Moving On
100- Attention Seeker
101- Destroyed/Ruined Life Of Hers
102- 'One Month'
103- 'The Third Eye'
104- Back Home
105- Meeting Family
106- 'Always In Her Heart'
Epilogue
New Story
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter Two: One Million Special
This Books Is Nominated !!
Dhruv and Aditi!
Ishaan's book is out
New Book by Me

81-His Self-Respect

17.9K 1.1K 183
Av ekkladki

Started Typing on - 18/03/2019

Started Typing Again On - 19/03/2019

Chapter 81-His Self-Respect

~

Author's Pov:

There wasn't much to do on the last day. Kiaan was busy calling the internet and electricity companies to cancel their power since they wouldn't be back. Or perhaps not yet. Jaanvi on the other hand, being a neat freak started cleaning all the plates and bowls. She later on cleaned the whole house, not wanting to leave it dirty before leaving.

They were sitting inside the car right now. Kiaan was gazing out the window every now and then, then back onto his phone. Texting Aarav, Reyansh and Nidhi that he has reached India, currently sitting inside the car as Dhruv drove.

Kiaan's quietness was bothering her since yesterday. The whole day on the ninth-until they caught the flight-Kiaan kept to himself. Talking less, watching her less. Just being zoned out, only talking when needed. She sighed, looking away from the window to see Dhruv watching her from the mirror, once her eyes caught him staring it he looked away.

Strange.

The odd thing was none of them spoke after sitting in the car. They all had greeted each other with a 'Hello,' and that's it. Dhruv always talk to us, then why not today? She wriggled her ring around her finger, getting awkward around the uncomfortable silence. She looked up from her fingers to once again notice Dhruv watching her. But this time he smiled, she did the same looking away.

Jaanvi who had sat on the left side of the back seat, leaving free space in the middle moved closer to Kiaan. Feeling her shuffle closer he purposely opened up some Email, pretending to be busy. His eyes stuck on the bright white screen under the dark.

She tugged her hand under his arm, whispering in his ear, "Did I grow horns?" Since she always said something stupid, he didn't bother answering or glancing at her. She let out a low growl in his ear, harshly muttering, "Don't be mean!" He jerked her hand away from his making Jaanvi frown at him.

Humiliated, she slightly moved away from him, not wanting to put out a scene. Dhruv's sister-in-law cleared her throat, casually speaking, "How are you? I mean, how have you been?"

"Great." He didn't sound great to her. More like putting a show, as if from inside he was freaking out. She smiled at him who caught it from the reverse mirror. "How was the honeymoon?" He questioned, trying to lighten his own mood by teasing them.

"G-Good." It came out as a flushed whispered. Dhruv wanted to question further one but seeing Jaanvi just looking out the window, her cheeks flushed he decided to drop the topic. Honeymoon was definitely the best idea. He thought to himself, seeing his brother engrossed in his phone, showing no interest in the brother and sister-in-law's conversation or effected even a bit.

Dhruv had parked outside their house when he decided to inform them about the other members of the family. "They are all sleeping." Jaanvi nodded, feeling a bit relieved about not disturbing someone's sleep. Kiaan on the other hand heard it but didn't nod nor did he utter a word. Sliding his phone under his jeans pocket, he took out the luggage, walking ahead. Not even glancing at anyone.

"Someone's pissed." Dhruv muttered, taking Jaanvi's luggage in his hand. The disappointment lurked around her brown eyes, her lips turned thin before she bit them in hurt. She held her purse, putting it on her shoulders quietly.

"Probably just tired from the flight." She tried to cover up his behaviour. She passed her brother-in-law a tight smile before walking inside the house. He locked the car, then the main door before continuing to walk ahead with Jaanvi. "I saw your picture with Aditi." She changed the topic, elbowing him. His cheeks were flushed. He was blushing so hard. "Care to explain?" she nagged.

He shook his head, opening up her bedroom door. Putting the luggage inside the bedroom Dhruv gave her one last smile-not the normal one, but a shy one before muttering a 'good night.'

"Hey!" She whisper yelled, holding his hand to stop him. He turned around, gazing at her. "I'll be delighted to know if she becomes my sister-in-law." It was the first time Jaanvi had seen the already shy Dhruv turn into a tomato, he put his hand on the back of his head, shaking it as he bit his lip.

"Good night." He repeated again, becoming speechless. She left his hand, giggling. Jaanvi shut the door close, locking it before turning around sighing. To her surprise she met Kiaan standing right in front of her, moving even closer to decrease the current distance. Her breath hitched in before releasing.

"You scared me." She huffed, breathing heavy before putting her hand on her chest, she rested her head back on the door closing her eyes.

"You weren't talking to me." His gaze dropped at her lips while her eyes were shut. She opened her heavy eyelids, locking her eyes onto his which were on her lips.

"You're such a bipolar!" Jaanvi said, her voice clear as crystal. She pushed on his chest, making the cold eyed Kiaan stumble back a little. "I literally spoke to your pissed ass few minutes ago! You were the one who decided to ignore Me." irritation flashes across her few minutes ago tired face.

"Because you didn't say sorry." He doesn't know how, but he managed to control his voice down. Anger boiled deep inside his system, he hated it every time they had an argument. He wanted to keep listening to her snow flake, light voice but she remained quiet the whole time after their fight.

She thought he wanted space.

But what he really wanted was her to talk to him.

"Why will I say sorry?" The panic flickering in her eyes, why would I say sorry? Her lips stayed parted, enough for the air to pass out.

"Because I wanted you to speak to me." Ego problem. They both had it at some point. She shook her head, blinking as she rose her index finger trying to understand what he meant, when all of a sudden he claimed her lips.

His lips had attacked her medium sized one, nibbling into her plump lips. She instantly forgot all her anger, frustration and herself into his lips. Her hands instantly snaked itself on his hair and neck, clutching onto his hair.

Kiaan wrapped his hands around her waist, protectively and gently pushing her body onto the door. His hand swiftly landed on her scarf which she wore around her neck, throwing it into the air, letting it fall free on the floor. She let out a pleasuring moan from the contact of his teeth on her lip, biting onto it.

He frowns on a sudden note feeling her hands moving on his hair, he lets his hands drop from her body. In a rapid confusion Jaanvi's pace slowers on his lips, she can't understand why he'd take her hands off of him, didn't he like it whenever I touched his hair? He surely did. She wanted to push him off, question him about what was going on but he had caged her in between his body, pushing her hands on the side as he interlocks his fingers with hers. Tightly.

Feeling the power of being a dominant, not that he wasn't before but now that she was all confused and locked under him, he felt empowered to an extent. Kiaan's hands firmly clutched onto her fingers as her knuckled dug onto the door. She wasn't to protest but remained quiet under the influence of her husband's touch. He nibbled onto her lips, tasting every inch of her mouth, groaning in return.

He let go of her mouth, they both catching their breaths but Kiaan attacked her neck, biting his way down, not leaving her fingers. He wet kisses he felt let her in a vulnerable state, she felt like she'd clasp on the floor from the building attraction, desire and love.

As well as, possessiveness.

Jaanvi kept her teeth firmly on her lip, biting onto it to stop her mouth from letting a moan slide. From now on she won't be biting her lip only due to nervousness, and she knew that very well. Just the idea of Kiaan being so passionate while being angry caused the back of her neck to break out into even more of a sweat. She realised he was right when he said, 'That's because you haven't given me a reason to snap at you.' She perfectly remembered that look on his face.

Not a sinister look but not very peace worthy as well. It was like a threatening smile he had passed her when he uttered the sentence but then it wasn't harming. It was a mixture of patients and caged. Caging his anger she thinks, or perhaps trying to be patient enough with every situation they go through. Kinda like, a mixture, balanced mixture of love and lust.

But the problem was, if you step on the wrong side, you in deep trouble. More like mental trouble if you're-Jaanvi isn't into that side of him. The too beasty side.

"You didn't--" He starts, finish off his sentence as if he only, just made the decision how to voice out his feeling or thoughts. "-talk to Me." Kiaan heavy breath, leaving her right hand so he could undo her hair. Flicking the hairband away, her wavy hair fell on her shoulders. He loved her hair, the sight of her hair falling on her shoulders, complexing her face.

"I love you hair." he dreamily said, looking at her lips before her face. His fingers brushed onto her washed hair, all the way from her roots to the bottom ends, just ending above her chest. She just watched him, trying to figure him out. "Leave it open. Always." He smiled.

"Ok." She muttered, causally, staring at Kiaan to ensure that he's listening. There was a comfortable silence for Kiaan, after all he enjoyed just watching her all day. And an uncomfortable silence for Jaanvi. She didn't mind him gazing at her intensely but she didn't just want to stand there the whole night, oh, yes, with her one hand still resting straight on the door with Kiaan's locked fingers.

"M-my h-hand." She whispered, glancing at her hand locked into his. Kiaan let it go, stepping back a little. Just staring at her. Jaanvi's furrows at him, "Ok, stop looking at me already. I'm real!" She surprised that she didn't yell at him.

He looked amused, and satisfied with her reaction but held in the smile by biting his inner cheek. "You know, I like attention from you." He admitted, not caring how she'd take it. Her eyebrows knit, the corner of her mouth lifts up in confusion. Kiaan puts his right hand behind his neck, why?

It was like he had heard her question or read her face since she got the answer quickly. He was holding onto the collar of the top he wore, pulling it up from the back he slid it up, over his face. And off it fell on the ground. Hot.

I have to wash that first thing in the morning. She noted to herself, that's what neat freak do? Right? He wanted attention, and he was getting right that from her right now. She was looking at his abs, his chest, and his broad shoulders like he wasn't there. Like she hadn't touched them before. Automatically her tongue licked her dry lips after seeing the Greek looking body in front of her. Not before she bit his lip before composing herself.

He let out a deep chuckle, taking steps closer to her. "And I'm getting just that." She looked away, her cheeks turning tint red. She was caught red handed. She took away her blushing cheeks, approaching the bed to lay down when Kiaan held her wrist. She didn't turn around to face him, instead she remained on her stop, facing the bed. And her breath became uneven when he mentioned something to her.

"I don't like being ignored, Ariel." She felt the Goosebumps rising in her skin, as Kiaan stood behind her. His hands sliding down her arms, causing her to shiver and chatter her teeth for a few seconds. "And you know this." He said it more like a statement than a question. He removed her hair from the right side, pushing it away as he kissed her neck, slowly but passionately like everything deepened on it only.

She sucked in a sharp breath in, fisting her hands to control herself from touching him back. His hands on her arms, slid down and down, stopping at her fists. He unwraps them, turning her around only to push her onto the soft mattress which they left around ten days ago. She fell on the bed, glancing up to see Kiaan hovering over her.  

Seeing his eyes change. Softer and more loveable she felt herself gaining confidence. "I also hate being ignored by you." She says, disgust evident in her expression and disappointment in her tone.

He looked taken back a little, amused to the core. He plastered that by a smirk, a sly smirk making him look ten times hotter and handsome. "Let's punish each other than? Shall we, birdie?"

She tries not to sound desperate when she replies, "We shall." You could sense that she was pinning for him. And the way he looked down at her, into her eyes and leans closers enough to kisser her if he wanted to, it was clear he felt the same way for her too. They were in that stage of their relationship where words weren't needed. Actions weren't needed. Small gestures weren't needed. Eyes were enough.

Before she could lean in to kiss him, he jumped of her, turning the bedroom light on and replacing it with the lamps. "Just like you like it." He was handsome from the depth of his expressive eyes and gentleness of his voice but his smile was something else. She loved how his voice automatically quickened when he sparkled with new ideas and how it slowed down when he was kissing her but that genuine smile he gave her. The one where it meant, 'I understand.' Or 'I'm here, it's ok.' She loved that. And he was giving her that type of smile right now. The understanding one.

Unlike before, this time Jaanvi had no insecurities and no fear. She's been through it once, she known to the way her body reacts every time he touched her. And how he loved her. His hands flung onto her top. He hated it. It's not that it was bad, or she looked bad. In fact he thought she looked stunning in it but the problem was the top itself.

"I can't believe you wore that." He muttered, frustrated on how to get her out of it already. He scratched his head, pulling her body up into a hug. She wasn't expecting him to calmly hug her when he was turned on. And her doubt was right. He was just trying to open up the laces on the back of her top. It was like a black lace up top, with no long sleeves.

She wrapped her hands around his neck, her lips going flat. "Don't you dare judge my clothes." Because if he did, she'd purposely wear everything he hates.

"I'm not judging it, I'm confused. How do I open this thing?" Annoyance covering up his whole face as she laughed. She noticed the jacket she wore on top of the top was on the ground. Jaanvi groaned inside her head, wash that also. She reminded herself. His hands slid down her back, trying to find the string to open it up somehow. "Can I just cut it with the scissors?"

"Oh yeah, sure." She muttered. Then she realised what he said and what she replied. Jaanvi pushed him off, making him fall on the mattress. Glaring at him she whisper yelled, "I brought this from Mumbai! For one thousand and twenty nine rupees! I'm not going to let you destroy it. It's not like I get to leave Delhi much but still, no, you can't just cut it." Came her cult answer. "And it was on sal--"

He cut her off not wanting to hear another word about her shopping experiences. "Ok fine, sorry." He raised his hand on in surrender. He patiently tried for the fifth time before it undid, making him smile in satisfaction. "Turns out it wasn't hard." He muttered under his breath, making Jaanvi laugh as he was sliding it off of her.

"Patient is the key Mr." She whispered, kissing his ear before moving back to face her.

"And I exactly don't have that." He admitted, roaming his hands around her body as he kissed the life out of her. She slowly kissed him as his hands follow the curves of her body. With each touch she feel their relationship deepening day by day, or even second by second.

She couldn't help but admire him as he was busy talking his last piece of clothing off. It was like with each year passing down the line, he will be more handsome then before, still, as if his soul shines through his eyes. His voice vibrating through his body, his chest. He leans forward with his naked glory, kissing her forehead, "Tell me to stop if you're hurt."

She nods, letting her fingers find their way up his silky messy hair. Messy but gorgeous. With each thrust she let out a moan and Kiaan a groan as she dug her fingers onto his skin. For a brief moment he wished he was in New York instead. He was so use to being there with her alone that the atmosphere was different over here. He felt a sting on his right shoulder, feeling like something liquid textured coming out. He shook away the feeling, kissing Jaanv's neck as he moved faster inside of her.

She buried her head into his shoulder, her parted lips grazing his skin to keep herself from screaming his name out. Apart from her one hand digging her nails into his back-being unaware of it-Jaanvi pulled onto his hair, tightly holding onto them as he growled from the pull.

Nether less, both stumbled into deep sleep after sometime, hugging each other with a smile on their face. Jaanvi slept before Kiaan, while he ran his finger on her hair, massaging her scalp. "I you learnt to smile like this for the past years, life would have been so different Jaan." He whispered, kissing her sleep head.

She woke up at an odd time. The room looked untouched from last night to her. She opened her sleepy, heavy eyes to be greeted by the worst thing in the morning. Sun. Sun shines through the light dark curtains, hitting her eyes as se groans. She puts the duvet over her head, turning to the other side of the bed to find Kiaan. She moved her hands around, the surface seemed flat, empty. She took the duvet off of her once she turned her back to the curtains.

Her sleepy face was no longer sleep when she didn't find her husband at sight. She rubbed her eyes, groaning and sighing at the same time. She stayed quiet to hear the shower but nothing was heard. Her eyes scanned the room to see the clothes still on the floor, the luggage and her purse still near the chair by his little desk. She shifts on his side of the bed, reaching out for her phone.

The first thing she did was adjust the brightness, now much she hated light in the mornings to meet her sleep eyes. She unlocked her phone, going in Kiaan's name as she typed,

Jaanvi- Where are you?

She kept her finger on the screen so the phone doesn't turn off. She yawned noticing the time, it showed ten thirty-seven. Shit. She usually woke up at eight at her house, and no matter how nice Kiaan's parents are but time management triggers everyone, especially if you're the daughter-in-law.

"His mum won't make me clean the whole house for waking up late right?" She whispered to her own self, chewing nails off. "If she does I'll blame it on Kiaan. After all it his fau--" she was cut off by Roshni's voice over the door.

"Jaanvi, did you wake up beta?" (Child)

No, she won't make me clean the whole house. I think.

Not hearing a response from her daughter-in-law she spoke again, "Should I open the door?"

Yeah, go on-and then she scanned the whole door. Kiaan's not inside, that means the door isn't locked! The clothes were on the floor, and she was wearing nothing apart from covering herself with the duvet cover.

"NO!" she screamed but quickly covered the scream up as she wrapped the duvet around her. "N-not, i-I mean I'm changing." She muttered, opening up the cupboard to find something she could quickly wear.

"Ok. I just came to call you downstairs. I'll be waiting."

"Ok, I'll be there soon." She took out a new red simple saree with gold spots enhancing with red blouse. Taking it with her, she walked into the bathroom, still wondering where her husband was.

She came out of her room, her hair open as usual. She just couldn't be bothered tying it up to be honest. Making her way down the stairs she was greeted by her mother-in-law and Dhruv. "Good morning." She smiled, looking at both of them.

"Not a good morning at all Bhabhi." (Sister-in-law) Dhruv gulped down the whole orange juice, putting it back on the table as he put his locked phone on the dining table. His mother placed some paratha on his plate before frowning.

"Why?" She asked, sitting on the end of the dining table. Jaanvi filled her glass with some juice, she sat down on the chair opposite Dhruv, putting some paratha for herself that her mother-in-law passed onto her.

She looked at Dhruv with a confused and curious face, waiting to hear what he'd say next. He took a bit of his paratha, looking at Jaanvi with a sly smirk. Ok, he's changed. She thought, fidgeting with her food. He hardly smirked, or least at her and the way he was looking at her from the reverse mirror inside the car gave her a bad feeling.

Like he wanted to say something but held back for some odd reasons.

"Couldn't sleep last night." He muttered, locking his light brown eyes with hers.

She smiled in a teasing manner, "Why?" thinking of Aditi? She wanted to add but remained silent because of her mother-in-law's presence. Instead of changing the topic, his smirk grow wider.

Jaanvi was taking a sip of her juice, lowering her lashes when he said "I heard noises." Her throat became dry, she forgot how to swallow and in a second after hearing him, she started coughing. She put her hand on her neck, covering her mouth with her hands in a manner full way. Dhruv's mouth turned into a fit of laughter but controlled it in front of his mother.

Roshni rose up from her seat, gently running her fingers on Jaanvi's face. "Here, drink water." She passed Jaanvi a glass of water which she drank, lowering her eyes in embarrassment. Reasons why I hate Kiaan more than I love him. Reasons why I didn't want to come to India. She kept her eyes down the whole time, praying the god to call her up to heaven soon.

"Are you ok?"

"Oh she's perfectly fine Ma, just look how flushed Bhabhi looks." (sister-in-law) Dhruv muttered, the stupid-the smirk Jaanvi currently found stupid-smirk still there, loving her blushed face. Roshni looked at Jaanvi in confusion.

"Do you have fever?" Oh, her poor innocent mother-in-law.

"She has something a lot more than that Ma." Dhruv was on fire today to tease the living hell out of Jaanvi. It's not every day he gets to pull her leg after all. Well, yesterday she was teasing me.

Just then a figure walked into the house. "Who has a lot more than what?" Kiaan questioned in a demanding voice. Closing the door behind him, he dropped the file in his hand on the couch, approaching the dining table area.

His eyes travelled from his brother and mother to his wife. Oh god. All he wanted to do after seeing her in Indian wear was to hold her close. He hadn't told her but he loved it whenever she wore India clothes. As every step he took closer to them, his heartbeats seemed to rise noticing her red cheeks, in embarrassment? He glanced at his brother to see him smirk.

Kiaan narrowed his eyes at Dhruv, walking around the table to sit on Jaanvi's seat. He sat down, gazing up at her with a faint smile when she glared at him, her lips zipped tightly. Hot. He thought, looking away from her. "What were you talking about Dhruv?" He asked again, losing patience.

His brother's smirk widen, why wouldn't it? He'll get to embarrass and watch Jaanvi's face turn redder once again. He opened his mouth with excitement beneath his eyes, "I was just telling these ladies that I couldn't sleep last night." Jaanvi who was filling up a glass of juice for Kiaan stopped mid-way hearing the sentence repeat.

Thank god I don't have siblings. Kiaan noticed her visually stiffing. Her hands shaking a little as she poured some juice into the glass for him. Glancing back to his brother from Jaanvi, he asked him to elaborate a little more.

"Oh I heard noi--" he was cut off by a breathless Jaanvi.

"The t-t-traffic n-noise." She laughed awkwardly, laying out another plate for Kiaan once she took hers away from him. Putting some paratha's on his white plate she sat down next to him. "D-D-Delhi i-is a-a-a busy city." Damn it. She thought known how badly she stuttered. "Ummm, you didn't reply to my text." She diverted the question, stuffing the paratha into her mouth.

"Ohh," he paused, seeing how widely his brother was smirking. Kiaan gave him the -shut-the-fuck-up- look while drinking his juice, "my phone was on silent." She nodded. His answer didn't even bother or satisfied her. She was just too happy to get out of Dhruv's leg pulling stunt.

"Beta," (Child/Dear) Roshni said, looking at all three of them. They all looked at her, giving their full attention for the elder women of the family to speak. "-I'd like you all to leave with us, as in your father and me, early tomorrow. We will leave two hours early." She requested, smiling. But her eyes were focused on Dhruv.

His smile, smirk, teasing-ness had been replaced by a deep, scary worthy furrow. He dropped the paratha he held pushing the plate away before he stood up. "I'm not coming early!" He roared. Why if he yelled at Ma for no reason? Jaanvi thought.

"Dhruv." Kiaan warned, glaring him with his eyes, gesturing him to sit back down. Reluctantly he did as asked. Dhruv gazed down at his fisted hands resting on the table, muttering the words which left Jaanvi confused. "I know what you are thinking Ma. But it won't happen. Ever." Jaanvi rose her brows at Kiaan who noticed it from the side of his eye but acted as if he hasn't noticed anything.

"I'm twenty-five Ma!" He murmured, raising his voice. From the sympathetic eyes she was giving him both the brothers were now hundred percent sure that they were right. Kiaan let out a frustrated sigh, but didn't utter a single word as he thinks it's best for Dhruv to stand up for himself. "Even bhai (brother) got married at twenty-seven then why should I get married now? And certainly not with someone I don't look at that way. I know bhai didn't--" he paused, looking his mother right in the eye with hurt. "-get the say to decline your and dads order but I do. I am not your elder son. I am not going to marry someone I don't like."

He didn't want to hurt his sister-in-law by practically saying 'You were forced upon my brother' but he did. He was like Jaanvi in this case. She hardy thought about what she would say when she was pissed, and he didn't think how badly his harsh words, which weren't for her but mentioned her in the conversation hurt her.

She bored down at her plate, shutting her eyes to let the tears fade away from within. He's not wrong. "Arrange marriages aren't bad son." Roshni tried to explain, looking at his son with soft eyes.

"Ma." This time Kiaan spoke. His mother's eyes looked away from Dhruv, now looking at her eldest child, confusion flushing around her face. "Yours and dad's isn't arrange marriage!" bitterness lacing through his words. It was rare, and I mean very rare when he was angry or pissed at his mum. He loved her more than anyone but he loved his siblings like his own kids. And for a matter of fact, he didn't like the mask Rashi had worn, maybe that's why he's furious. "Then why should all your kids marry someone we don't want!" He practically yelled. His voice super clear to Jaanvi's ear as she sat right next to him. He was so angry that he hadn't realised she was here. She held onto her saree tightly, breathing in heavy as she gulped down the tears.

In between the mother and kids fight she felt targeted and suffocated.

"I did marry someone I didn't want to but that doesn't mean my brother would do the same! Who gave you this idea? Why would you even choose Rashi for Dhruv?" He questioned, daring his mother to speak with his dark stormy eyes. Roshni almost looked like she'd cry any second. "Dhruv is a NRI, he's got a degree from New York and please, oh yes, please explain where Rashi graduated from and where she works?"

His mother remained silent, making Kiaan darkly chuckle. "Right, you don't know. You just got manipulated by someone." Dhruv remained quiet as well, letting his brother speak because he knew Kiaan was right. "You and Ishaani Ma had promised each other to get your children married, so look, here I am. Married at fucken twenty-seven when I had debts to pay!" He yelled, throwing the plate of paratha's on the floor.

The shattering of the plate made everyone flinch, Jaanvi the most as it was broken near her foot. She pulled away her foot to the side, slowing her eyes shut. She didn't like fights. Because she hadn't seen one. Just like she hated alcoholics because no one in her family was an alcoholic.

His brother rose up from his seat, walking over to Kiaan to calm him down when Kiaan pushed him away. "No! Don't touch me." He warned, pointing the finger at him making Dhruv back off. "You just got me married when I had debts to pay Ma! Imagine if I went bankrupt! Imagine I had no money left to feed myself or my wife! On top of that imagine Jaanvi was pregnant! What would I be doing right now? Begging on the streets? Or asking you and dad or maybe my little brother for money!" He was beyond pissed remembering everything from the past.

He couldn't forget it. "You knew I had to pay them quickly or they'd pile up that's why you forced me into marrying her!" He pointed at Jaanvi, who by now burst out into tears. She didn't care what they were talking about, she just wanted it to stop. The yelling-not even normal yell but he was roaring like a lion-the anger to stop. From a happy guy he turned into an angry beast within few minutes.

"And now you want my brother to marry someone he doesn't look at that way? What is your problem? Are we a mistake to you and dad? Do you---" he was stopped by an angry slap noise echoing in the room. Jaanvi looked up through her tears, the mark was already beginning to bloom on his cheek. The place where she loved seeing her husband's dimples, and she now had to see a red mark. Her lips failed to hold in the hurt and a quick pitful sobs began to escape her mouth.

He was harsh, she accepts it. But he wasn't wrong. Whatever he said was the truth, and truth hurts. He is right according to Jaanvi. It all made sense about him going bankrupt if the interest piled up, how they could have been on streets and how they were forced upon each other because of their parents.

Kiaan let out a dark chuckle, the way his body vibrated to the chuckle was evident showing how pissed he was. His eyes looked so dark as if he wanted to murder someone. "Because of Rashi before my wife earned a slap and now I did." He watched as his mother's eyes turned blurry from the tears. "Isn't she a lucky person for our family, mother?" He never used the word 'mother' around his mum. It sounded too old fashion and cult, but today he did.

He glanced down to see Jaanvi crying, she tried to control her audible sobs but couldn't. She could bare the fact her husband had been slapped for being honest. His ice cold sharp eyes softened seeing her face. He jerked his brother's hand off his arms which Dhruv held after Kiaan got slapped, he walked over to his wife, wiping her tears away leaving his hand on her cheeks. Cupping it. "Why are you crying?" he asked, his voice deep, raspy yet flat and emotionless.

"It doesn't hurt me so why are you crying?" The new drop of tear was wiped by him again. She had the strong urge to touch his red marked cheek but kept her hands to her side, just watching his face as the tears didn't stop dripping. "Today I learnt one thing, Jaanvi. Both of our families are fake. They don't love us. They use us." The sentence didn't just hurt Dhruv, or their mother, or Jaanvi who felt broken knowing her husband felt what she felt for so long. But it also hurt him.

A faint, hot tear dripped down his eyes. For a few, probably thirty seconds he closed his eyes before interlocking his hand with hers. "We're leaving." And with that, he packed up all their belongings into a luggage, zipping it up harshly while Jaanvi just stood there numb, gazing at him as he moved his body furiously around the room. He chucked all his important files, books, laptop and charger into a box. Passing Jaanvi her purse, he took one last look at his bedroom before shutting it behind them.

He harshly held onto Jaanvi's hand, not realising it was hurting her. They were in the end of the stairs when Dhruv came in front, pleading him to stop. "B-bhai please. D-don't go, we'd work it out. M-ma's sorry." (brother)

Not seeing any emotions in his eyes, Dhruv looked at Jaanvi who looked zoned out. "Bhabhi." (Sister-in-law) he whispered, holding her free hand to gain her attention. She looked up at him with her teary eyes. "Please, t-tell him to stop. I-I w-won't p-pull your leg. P-please." He pleaded, a worried tear rolling down his cheek.

"Today she slapped me because of Rashi. Tomorrow Ma would probably slap my wife because of her other Daughter-in-law! And after few years she might also slap my kids. And if that happens I'd murder someone with my bare hands Dhruv, so move the fuck out of my way before I do something I'd regret." Roshni stayed seated on her chair, her face on her hands as she cried seeing the scene in front of her.

"Bha--"

"GET OUT OF MY WAY!" Kiaan shouted, pushing Dhruv out of the way as he pulled Jaanvi along with him.

Today, Monday was the last day Kiaan and Jaanvi were ever seen in the Rajput house.

Married My Enemy

Ps, do you think Kiaan did right?

I tried not to make it dramatic like Indian daily soap, I hope it wasn't like that.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

1.5M 66K 66
Book 1- Our journey from engagement to marriage Book 2- The journey of Love Siddharth and Preeti complete their journey from engagement to marriage...
825K 49.5K 49
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐛𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬, 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 �...
1.2M 60.5K 66
"Can you do that Preet," Preet still in her place, looking at her with her shocked eyes, not believing her ears. "You are asking me to give up my rig...