Entertainer.

By rockhoe

She was an entertainer, and he was a professional wrestler. Being entertainment's "It" couple, Bret and Kat... More

cast // intro
1: "i'll make you fall in love with me."
2: "why did you do that?"
3: a hart's dinner.
4: i'm done
5: love & confessions.
6: reprimanded.
7: forever.
8: oh, no.
9: the talk.
10: it's over now.
11: woke up in japan.
12: "bret's going to what now?"
13: milestones.
14: want you back.
16: wrestlemania 86.
17: "here we go."
18: the "it" baby.
19: oh, baby!
20: bombshells.
21: family bonding.
22: uncles night.
23: workhorse.
24: a quarrel.

15: brother vs brother.

987 28 76
By rockhoe

"You do not!" He laughed as I smiled at him over the table, sipping my water out of my champagne glass.

"So... what have you been up to?" I grinned and watched him run his hand through his wild hair.

"Things haven't been bad. I've been alright." He smiled hard.

"Dean..." I sighed.

"Kat, you're in a far worse situation from me. You're pregnant and my asshole, idiot of a brother left you to deal with it." The gorgeous Hart rolled his eyes and slumped in his chair.

"It's been two days since I left that message, Dean. He's probably at work." I bit my lip.

"Or... he doesn't want this." I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't see why he wouldn't." He shrugged.

"Well I'm nothing special. I'm moody, my hair is falling out. I have swollen ankles if I'm on my feet too long. I look like I swallowed a beach ball. I could go on." I waved my hand and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Listen, all I'm saying is, I wouldn't have left you." He snorted.

"I hate you." I laughed and threw my napkin at him.

We both got up and moved towards the register. Dean left the tip as I paid. He helped me out the door when an older couple stopped and smiled at us.

"What a gorgeous family! You two will be amazing parents!" The elder lady beamed happily.

"Uh.." I smiled a little trying to find the words in my head. She meant no harm. She didn't deserve to be bawled out.

"Thank you, ma'am. We're both excited." Dean smiled at her and nodded before opening the other door for me.

I raised my eyebrow at him once we walked outside.

"We're both excited?" I mused.

"I'm excited! Even if it's Bret's." Dean shrugged and lit up a cigarette.

"Well... you know. Thanks." I wrinkled my nose and moved to his other side as we walked.

"Kat.. I know things between Bret and I will never be the same but I'm happy for him. He's living his dream. While I've barely got control of my life." He sighed.

"But aren't you doing concerts and stuff? Isn't that working out?" I frowned and stopped when we reached my side of his truck.

"No. I'm uh... moving back in with my mom and dad. Do you know what that's like?" He said softly before chuckling. I could only stare at him.

"All of my other siblings have went out and settled down. Made themselves a life. While I'm going to live at home with my parents and my youngest brother. I feel like I've failed." He puffed on the cigarette simultaneously.

I pulled it out of his fingers and chucked it into the grass. I took his face in my hands and smiled at him. Dean looked at me with dull, brown eyes that were once full of mischief and life.

"Dean, you haven't failed. You've went out and seen the world! How many people can say they've done that in your family? Not many. You've met people some of us will never meet. You have done more than you think. Dean, your mom and dad aren't getting any younger. And Owen will leave them soon. They will need someone there with them. There is a reason everything happens. You're worth something, babe." I smiled as my thumb stroked his cheek. I pressed a kiss to his cheek and got inside his truck.

"Come on! Your niece or nephew need a nap!" I clapped my hands at him. The Hart stood before my window a few feet back and grinned slowly as he then rushed and got into his truck.

Spending time with Dean had really been good for me. I was beginning to accept the current situation I was in with his brother may be permanently damaged. If I did know one thing, I knew everyone surrounded by us was excited for the life we had created. Especially Dean and Alison.

"Kat? Hello?" Dean waved his hand over my face.

"Huh. Sorry?" I blinked at him and sheepishly smiled.

"I said we're here. I would love to stay but I have to go to the doctor." He shook his head. His brown curls falling over his face.

"It's fine. Call me and tell me what they say?" I smiled at him, pushing his hair out of his eyes.

"Yes, ma'am." He winked at me.

"Thanks for taking me out today. I enjoyed it. And so did the baby." I mused while leaning over to kiss his cheek.

Except that didn't happen.

Dean turned his head at the same time I leaned in and our lips met.

I would be lying if I didn't say I was mesmerized by his lips on mine. I had once dreamt of a moment like this. I had once dreamt of a time where Dean would be the guy to sweep me off my feet.

That was before I realized I was in love with his idiot brother.

Pulling away, I put my hand on my lips and looked at him.

"Kat, I–"

"Uh... I gotta go. Good luck." I rushed out of his truck and fished my keys out of my bag, unlocking my door and practically ripping the door of the hinges as I got inside.

I put a hand on my head and blew out a deep breath as I rested my body against the door. Placing my hand on my bump, I sighed, slowing down my breathing.

"I'm sorry, kiddo." I said in a quiet voice

I made my way into the house and laid my keys on my counter before I entered my living room and jumped, gasping.

"Bret?!"

Before me sat Bret on my couch. His head snapped up at the sound of my voice.

"Kat..."

His voice was like music in my ears. I hadn't heard his voice in so long, it nearly sent chills down my spine.

"Uh... hi?" I choked out.

The man before me stood up slowly, his eyes never leaving me. He held up a key and smiled, shyly.

"I used my spare..." He trailed off.

"I see." I said shakily.

"You look good." Bret mumbled softly.

"That's the best you've got?" I scoffed.

"Honestly? Yeah." He shrugged, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"What do you want?" I crossed my arms avoiding looking into his eyes.

"To talk. I know you want to talk to me." He did the same, except he only looked at me with hope in his brown eyes.

"I got the phone call..." Bret said very slowly.

"Did you?" I looked at him, frowning.

"I came as soon as I heard it. We need to talk about things." He stood directly in front of me.

"I'm not in the mood." I bit my lip and looked down at my bump, remembering what just happened with Dean moments ago.

"When will you be in the fucking mood, Kat? In four months when the kid is born?" He shot hotly at me.

Normally I would have felt anger course through my veins. Instead, I felt my hormones take over full force. It seemed like this happened every day since I was pregnant, now.

"Just leave me alone. It seems like it wasn't that hard for you to do for the past few weeks." I felt tears stinging my eyes as I pushed past him, walking to my room.

"You told me too, Kat!" He followed after me.

"I didn't mean it!" I screamed as I spun around and looked at him.

"You pissed me off! I was mad but I didn't want you to really leave..." I was fully on crying by this point. Bret's face was completely stoic.

"Kat.. I'm sorry..." He said, finally.

"You promised me you wouldn't leave me! But what did you do?! You left." I hit his chest with my fists.

"And I've suffered okay? Is that what you wanted to know? And I've tried to get over it. I've tried to ignore what I feel. But I can't, Bret. And you did all of this!" I slapped his cheek, glaring at him through my tears.

"I would never have slept with another man while being with you. Because I was happy. You made me happy, and this is your baby, Bret." I wiped at my cheek, shaking my head before barging into my room.

I left the rising wrestler in the hallway as I changed into a baggy tee shirt and sweatpants. I was walking out of my closet when Bret stood at the door and put his arm on the other side of the doorway to prevent me from leaving.

"I screwed up. Okay? I knew that from the moment the words left my mouth. But, Kat come on! You're beautiful, smart, funny. You're this whole amazing package, and you chose me. You could have had anyone. But you chose me. I was wrong to listen to Ellie. But... " He paused, looking down at me.

"Do you think I wanted to make you suffer and cry? Do you really think that I wanted to leave you alone? No! I didn't! Kat, maybe you were right. Maybe I'm not the one for you."

It was like I felt my heart actually shattering.

"I– I said make the right choice!" I put my hand out on a rack for balance.

"I think this is the right choice..." Bret sighed.

"But... I.. Bret." I sobbed as I shook my head.

"Katrina, please don't cry." He pulled me into his chest.

"Then don't do this!" I balled my fist into his shirt as I gently cried into his chest.

"We fight. We break up. We have sex. Get back together, things are good for a while then repeat. We suck at communication, Kat... it's not healthy." Bret mumbled into my hair.

"Everything was fine before Ellie screamed at you. And you know it. Bret, she downs you every time she talks to you! And you believed her over me... we were happy." I said softly, sniffling.

"Because I'm not good for you, Kat. I'm getting no where in my life." He chuckled.

"So... you're not good for me? How? Prove it." I challenged him, pulling away from him.

"You were good for me. I was genuinely happy for the first time in a while. You were too. I know you were." I put my hand on his cheek, running my thumb over his cheekbone.

"Katrina, I love you so fucking much. But I'm the worst possible partner for you." Bret pushed my hair from my eyes.

"Then fight for this, Bret! Because you're not! And I love you so so so much. I can't explain how much I love your dumbass!" I laughed a little, looking up.

"So now I'm a dumbass?" He smiled just a little.

"You've always been one." I nodded, looking at him.

"So what is it going to be? Because if I open my eyes and you're not in my bedroom at all. Then I don't want you to come back. But if you are, then we will work on things." I said shakily.

"Kat..." Bret sighed while I closed my eyes.

"Okay, I'm giving you one minute to decide." I announced, chills covering my body as I did.

Like a movie, everything about Bret and I flashed through my mind. The first time we talked. Our first kiss. Our first time together. Our fights. The first time we said we loved each other. And the first time we heard our babies heartbeat. All together. I wouldn't take it back. Any of it. Ever.

Slowly, I opened my eyes. To see Bret wasn't in front of me.

I waddled into my bedroom and sat down on my bed, jumping when I felt warm hands on my shoulder. I turned around and smiled, falling back hugging Bret's neck tightly.

"I'm willing if you're willing." He choked out of breath.

"Thank you." I mumbled, nestling my head in between his neck and shoulder.

His hand caressed my bump, almost like sending signals to our unborn child. Immediately, I felt movement and kicks. And that felt weird.

"And sea monkey thanks you too." I smiled.

"Sea monkey?" Bret grinned.

"I don't know what we're having. They won't tell me. And I didn't like calling the baby an it." I shrugged.

"I'm sorry I've missed a lot of this." He pressed his lips to my temple.

"Just... don't do it anymore." I breathed out, slapping his chest.

Bret hummed, chuckling. We moved under my covers after I had to basically remove my pants and his clothes. Once we laid down Bret didn't let his arms leave me. And I was somewhat content with that.

Things would be fine. In time at least.

He began to fill me in that Jim and him were no longer a tag team. Apparently Jim was failing more drug tests. Though, it didn't surprise me. Bret admitted he had tried steroids but didn't want to use them. I nearly bit his head off for that. He also told me that Georgia nearly beheaded him with a frying pan. I had to laugh at that.

He said that Vince was closer to closing his TV deal and soon everyone would be able to watch wrestling around the world. It was rather exciting.

I told him about his sisters keeping check on me, Celeste babysitting me. I also was able to mention that the nursery wasn't quite finished but he said that was perfectly fine.

"I don't want you to get mad. But there is something I want to tell you that happened today." I admitted.

"What? Are you okay?" He raised a brow at me.

"Yes. But... I'm just going to come out and say it. I went out with Dean today for lunch. I was craving Italian and we got some. Well when he was dropping me off, I was going to kiss his cheek... but he turned his head and it was kind of like his lips I kissed." I avoided his eyes for a second before I hesitantly looked into them.

"You've got to fucking be kidding me." He rubbed his hand over his face.

"Did you kiss him back?" Bret asked rather seriously.

"No. I didn't. It wasn't you." I stated, biting my lip.

"I'm not mad at you." He said before shaking his head.

"It's just... He must really want me to fuck his face up." Bret shrugged, I hit him and rolled my eyes.

"Calm your testosterone down." I giggled.

"Kat, the man stepped his boundaries. He knows we have something together. He's my older brother. But he's a fucking idiot if he thinks I wouldn't beat his ass for doing that." He was practically steaming with each word he spoke.

"Bret... don't fight your brother." I sighed.

"Why not? Brother versus brother seems to be all the talk these days." Bret smirked at me. Again, I rolled my eyes.

"I will admit I was in shock it happened. But maybe it was an accident on his part?" I yawned.

"If I know my brother, I doubt it." He scoffed.

I could tell he was really annoyed by this. And it really wasn't helping his situation with Dean anyways. I felt kinda bad only adding fuel to the fire.

"Bret?"

"Hmm?" He turned his head towards me.

I pressed my lips to his. Stiffly, he kissed me back. But not before nipping my lip with his teeth. Hissing, I pulled away.

"I'm sorry!" Bret said immediately.

"Why?" I looked at him with my head cocked, a little.

"I hurt you, didn't I?" He asked.

"No... I'm just pregnant and I don't want to rip your clothes off." I admitted. Bret raised an eyebrow before snickering.

"Plus... we have a lot of things to work on before I have sex with you again." I gave him a stern look.

"Yes, we do." He smiled and nodded.

______________________________

Do you love Brat together?
Or nah?

O'l Dean is causing problems. What are we gonna do? Hmmmm.

Me because I will be the only person to love Dean.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 3 41
Rain has been running all her life from a past she wants nothing more than to forget. But you can't always run from the past; sometimes you need to f...
13.3K 527 39
Jade loves her boyfriend but she wasn't expecting him. Unable to get him out of her mind what happens when they give in to their desire for each othe...
60.2K 1.4K 38
Ranked #6 in #theshield 😊 *** Ranked #49 in #wwe stories 😊 *** Maddison Smith has just arrived in WWE. She has had a rough past so she is always ve...
1K 31 17
Astrid is at the start of her full time onscreen wwe diva career. she wants to rise to the top as her real raw self. with the help and guidance of he...