Fated To Love You (ON HIATUS)

By scarlettrosie

A story about a primary school teacher named Park Chaeyoung who is fated to meet a good-looking divorced man... More

Prologue - Characters
Chapter 1 - First meeting
Chapter 2 - Treat
Chapter 3 - Captivated
Chapter 4 - Strawberry cheesecake (Part 1)
Chapter 5 - Strawberry cheesecake (Part 2)
Chapter 6 - Friend?
Chapter 7 - Pasta
Chapter 8 - Ed Sheeran
Chapter 9 - Fate
Chapter 10 - Lunch
Chapter 11 - Hospital
Chapter 12 - His parents
Chapter 13 - Movie
Chapter 14 - Jennie
Chapter 15 - Dinner party
Chapter 16 - Dance
Chapter 17 - Date
Chapter 18 - Archery
Chapter 20 - Jealousy
Chapter 21 - Barbeque
Chapter 22 - Confront
Chapter 23 - Comeback
Chapter 24 - Scared
Chapter 25 - Birthday
Chapter 26 - Proposal
Chapter 27 - Her wish
Chapter 28 - Rage
Chapter 29 - I'm sorry
Chapter 30 - Trust

Chapter 19 - School trip

1.9K 111 22
By scarlettrosie

"Joon Hyung, have you packed your things accordingly? We wouldn't want you to left your belongings, right?" Jungkook was busily preparing the toasts for both of them as today they would be joining the school trip which had been organized by the school.

"Yes dad, I've packed all my things. Simple and precise," Joon Hyung was saying as he descended the stairs with him carrying his greenish backpack.

"Good boy. Now come and eat. Sorry I could only prepare a simple breakfast for us." Jungkook sincerely apologized as he only could serve a simple meal because he woke up late this morning. A smile curved up on his face remembering the event that happened last night, unconsciously he bit his lower lip. His heart never felt contented as he is right now. Warmth cascaded all over his body.

"Dad, why are you smiling alone?" Joon Hyung took his seat at the dining table and arched his eyebrows, asking his father curiously and that broke his thought.

"Did I? Ohh it's nothing. I just thought of something." Jungkook poured the milk into a glass and gave it to his son. "Enjoy your meals." He cleared his throat trying to mask his flustered self.

"Thank you, dad." Both of them enjoyed their meals to the fullest and quickened their paces as they did not want to be late for the assembly.

The school trip was held for two days and one night at Jeju Island, involving all Grade 5 students in the school. Lucky enough, Jungkook was able to have a break from his work and this might be as well a break free from all the stresses built up. He drove himself and Joon Hyung towards the school to see the students and their respective parents had started to gather at the assemble spot in front of the school.

"All students please gather here. Your homeroom teachers will check for the attendance." A tall male teacher with spectacles instructed the students and they started to form lines based on their classes including Joon Hyung, leaving Jungkook at the back of the lines. That was when Chaeyoung suddenly appeared to check for the attendance of her students. Casually wearing only a white oversized T-shirt and khaki plain trousers partnered with a pair of white vans, she was purely eye-catching. Plus, her thick brown locks was tied in a high pony tail exposing her smooth pale neck.

"Did she always appear pretty like that?" A sudden feeling of jealousy tugged his heart, thinking if other men would feel the same way, if they would also approach her. His sense of protective kicked in.

Jungkook leaned against his car, his eyes never left her and as if she knew she was being watched, she propped her head up. That was when she saw him and their eyes locked causing her to flash a smile and so did he. With only a simple gesture, all of his thoughts vanished. Truthfully, he was afraid. The power she held over him was terrifying and he became vulnerable when she was with him. He knew that. He was falling over heels for her and there was no way of turning back.

"Joon Hyung?" Chaeyoung asked, her eyes wandering around to search for him.

"Here miss!" Raising up his hand, Joon Hyung said while grinning, showing his cute teeth.

"Okay done. Good job students. All of you manage to come." Chaeyoung praised her students, beaming with pride.

The same male teacher then announced to have the attention from the students. He started to give a short briefing about the program itinerary and Chaeyoung decided to send the attendance to the teacher in charge.

At that moment, she saw Jungkook walked towards her direction, with his dimple smile and it sped up her heart seeing how perfect the figure in front of her. She knew his eyes were on her since earlier but she tried hard not to be bothered although her heart nearly bursted due to his piercing gaze.

"Hi Chae. You join this trip too?" Jungkook asked when he stood in front of her.

"No I'm not. That's why I'm here." She replied wearing her innocent look which soon turn into a devilish grin.

"Oh sure, that's so funny." Jungkook widened his eyes and started to fake his laugh. He was still amazed at how Charyoung could be so innocent yet so sassy at times. How she could be determined and brave at the other times. She was indeed a deadly combination of all the things that he loved in women.

"No, I was just kidding Jungkook." She laughed upon seeing his expression. "How about you? You're joining?"

"Yeah I am. I need to have break too from all the works, probably also to see you." He gave her his smile and his words instantly made her smile with a hint of blush.

"Well now you see me." She replied, bringing the attendance book towards her chest and her heartbeat rythmically thumped. She loved the feeling. It was a mixture of jittery, excitement, happiness and warmth. It was undescribable. Is this the feeling when you are in love with someone? If she was dreaming, she would not want to wake up.

"Mhmm, I see you and I'm happy." Jungkook sincerely uttered and Chaeyoung was afraid she would die due to tachycardia.

Punching his arms soflty, she stole glances at him, "yahh don't be so sweet. I nearly died of your sweetness."

"Am I sweet? Wow, thank you but I speak nonetheless the truth." Jungkook turned his head towards her and that caused her to look at him. Those eyes that never failed to mesmerize her.

"Alright teachers, please submit the attendance books to the teacher in charge and do escort the students into the buses." The same male teacher announced suddenly causing both them to face forward.

"Umm, let me excuse myself first and see you later." Chaeyoung waved her hands and started to jog forward towards the teacher in charged being mentioned without looking back. "Eyy this guy will be the cause of my death soon," she whispered under her breath after running away from Jungkook.

Jungkook at the other side, smiling cheekily seeing how flustered she was just now. He was happy to see her reactions when she was with him and that motivated him more to own her heart. He would never give up until he heard to word love from her.

The students were obligated to ride the buses provided while the parents were given options either to ride the transports provided or their own cars. Jungkook decided to ride his own car as it would be easier to move freely when they reached the destination, might as well tour around the Jeju Island. He saw all the students including Chaeyoung got onto the bus and he also got onto his car, wearing the seat belt when he saw her getting off the bus. A hint of worry and perturbed clearly plastered on her face causing him to get off the car and asked for the problem.

"Any problem Chaeyoung?" She faced him with an apologetic smile and replied, "it's no a big deal actually. One of the students threw tantrums because he wanted his parents to ride on the bus with him when the seats were fully occupied. So I decided to give them my seat and here I am." She grinned, scratching the top of her nose.

One of the personalities that Jungkook loves yet concerned about her. She was so selfless, she always put others first rather than herself and somehow she never thought of prioritizing herself. But, sometimes you have to prioritize yourself too in the sense of satisfaction without discarding the value of empathy towards others.

"And how would you go there then?" He arched one of his eyebrows, crossing both of his hands.

"A taxi maybe?" She grinned widely, unsure about that. She forgot to think about how would she reach the place.

"Aishh Chaeyoung-ah, you really care for others until you forgot about yourself, don't you?" He snickered, patting her head, "no need to take a taxi or any other public transport. You can just tag along with me. I'll be driving there with my own car by the way."

Chaeyoung's eyes sparkled upon hearing his words, "really? Thanks a lot. I appreciate it." She smiled sincerely. Jungkook was always there whenever she was in trouble. He was like a knight in a shining amor, a prince in a darkless night. How can a perfect man like him existed?

"Anything for you babe," Jungkook winked playfully earning a chuckle from her. How she loves the word rolled off of his tongue but she was too shy to admit it. Whenever she was with him, the sudden tension between them was beyond incredible and her knees became jelly with his voice, his gaze - everything about him.

Both of them got onto Jungkook's car and Jungkook trailed behind the buses to their destination. "Say Chaeyoung, have ever been to Jeju Island before?" Jungkook broke the silence.

"Yes I actually have but I've never had the chance to explore interesting places in Jeju. I always wanted to but you know never had the time to do so." She undeniably loves travelling and explore new places as she could expand her perspectives when visiting people's countries. "The diversity of languages, cultures and races were one of the most beautiful things existed in the world and it was a waste not to experience them, isn't?" Her thought suddenly wandered to the faces of foreign people and their cultures.

"Yes, it is indeed beautiful. When you get to know something deeper, you would find the least unexpected things in it." He replied, agreeing on her point of view.

Located 14 km east of Jeju City, they were gathered at Hamdeok Beach. Chaeyoung was awe-struck to see its clean and shallow water, it was very attracting. The beach offered a magnificent scenery with its emerald-blue water, an arched bridge over black basalt and a red lighthouse. Rather than only a camping site, it boasted excellent amenities including dressing and shower rooms, guesthouses and hotels. There were people riding the motorboats, some preferred a much more calmer onboard fishing. Shielded from wind by Seoubong Peak, both sides of the beach were quite calm despite the change of wind directions, making it an ideal place for kayaking. She also noticed that there were people paddling hard to balance their kayak, laughing ecstatically. How she loved the view. Chaeyoung's eyes lit up at the scene of people who delightfully waterskiing, and riding the banana boats. She never had experienced those before and she was looking forward to it. The soft breeze caressed her hair making it gracefully fall on her back.

Jungkook smiled at the sight beside him, admiring how perfect her side profile was. Everything about her is just perfect.

How can she be so perfect?

"Okay students please gather here and I'll be dividing you into few groups. Each group will be given a tent and by the end of the day all of you must set up your own tents. You can put your belongings inside the tents and we'll be having barbeque tonight." The male teacher gave instruction and with that all the students took their respective tents from the PE teacher.

"The teachers and parents will be given respective tents if you want to experience camping but for the parents it is exceptional as you can stay in the guesthouses." He continued.

Some of the parents agreed to camp outside, including Jungkook as he himself really loves being outside and embraced the beauty of nature but there were also a few parents decided to check in the guesthouses.

The students started to set up the tents with the supervision of the teachers. Chaeyoung was helping the students to set up the tents and the heat from the sunny day undeniably made her sweat and she would not doubt if she looked like a mess right now.

"Need help?" A deep voice greeted her and she did not have to turn back to recognize him. Just by his scent and his aura, she knew him.

Chaeyoung was left dumbfounded to see his state when she turned back, with his sleeves rolled up, exposing his muscular arms and the sweat glistened down his forehead as well as the edge of his shiny raven locks making she gulped nervously. Her eyes wandered to his muscular chest that seemed to stick with his shirt.

Seeing her watching him like that made a little smirk to curve up on his face.

"Love what you see?" The question caught Chaeyoung's guard off and intensified her already rosy cheeks due to the hot weather into a darker shade.

"Pffft what? See what? You? No!" She blew a raspberry and keep on tying the knot on the tent.

"Who says you're looking at me? I mean the scenery, the ocean," Jungkook snickered before he continued, "wait, you're actually looking at me aren't you?" He laughed seeing her flustered expression.

"Just think what you want to think. Now, go and help others to set up their tents." Chaeyoung tried to push him away when she stumbled upon a rock, causing her to lose balance and pulled Jungkook with her. The effect caused Jungkook to fall on his back with her on top of him.

"Oh god! Are you okay? I'm so sorry, I didn't me-" she was expressing her apology when she suddenly stop to see how close her face was with him. "I didn't mean it. Sorry," The words came out as if it was a whisper.

"Hey, it's fine. It was an accident. A nice one. I can't believe you still look beautiful at this distance," Jungkook let out a chuckle, not forgetting to tease her.

Not wanting to lose, she played along while smirking, "Yeah? And I don't know you still look hot at this distance." That side of Chaeyoung undoubtedly made his jaw drop.

"Be careful, Chae. You don't know what you're playing with." Jungkook's eyes instantly turned darker the moment he said those words. "You don't know what I can do if I don't control myself, hmm." Arching one of his eyebrows, he kept his stare at her.

"Uhh, what? Think I'm afraid? Nahh," Chaeyoung kept on challenging him and she did not want to give up as she also kept staring into his eyes.

Duhh, my heart stop pounding so loud. He's gonna heard that.

"Umm, Miss Chaeyoung, I'm sorry to disturb you but we need your help to prepare the ingredients for our barbeque tonight," a petite lady suddenly interfered causing both of them to jolt up awkwardly.

"No it's fine. It was an accident anyway. I'm sorry for that, Jungkook and let me excuse myself." Chaeyoung grinned awkwardly and she followed the lady who called for her just now.

Jungkook ran his fingers through his hair while watching Chaeyoung disappear from his sight. His smile never left his face.

Oh boy, you're whipped for her.

"Hey man, long time no see." A deep voice suddenly greeted him from the back which caused him to turn his sight to the origin of the voice.

"Taehyung..?"

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/n: Hello everyone! I'm back😆 Sorry for the long long break. College has been hectic and I was focusing on my exams and so on and that's why I haven't been able to update. Here goes another chapter and I'll be updating more soon🌸🌸

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

773 3 18
"Jennie, you okay?" He whispered to my ear, he puts his hand above mine and I looked at him. To all the pains I have suffered he didn't let me face t...
84.1K 3.4K 27
안녕 I'm Park Chaeyoung. And THIS is my diary. My life has always been a rollercoaster. I've officially debuted in Blackpink and I'm officially an ido...
124K 3K 34
Taehyung bullies Lisa because she is not pretty at all. She then confess to him that she likes him. He doesn't except it and embarrass her. She came...
121K 4.5K 27
Where Park Jimin is just a ordinary 17 yr old that goes to school and is going to graduate soon. He finds himself intrasted in his hot gym teacher. J...