Soulmates | S.M.

By burritosandnachos

~Alana Sinclair finally has the opportunity to go see her favorite artist, Shawn Mendes, live in concert for... More

1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
~Q&A~
52
53
54
55
56
58
59
60 (final)

5

6.9K 128 9
By burritosandnachos

Alana's POV

I finally got to my apartment and placed my bags next to the next to the kitchen counter. I took off my shoes and let my body fall on the couch in the living room which was connected to the kitchen. I took my phone out of the pocket of my jacket and saw that I had 50 unread messages and ten missed phone calls from my best friend, Elle.

Hmm. I wonder what her problem is.

I was about to open her messages when I heard someone ringing the doorbell and pounding on the door. I walked to the door, looked out the peephole, and saw that it was Elle. I opened the door and she barged in, shouting, "OH. MY GOSH. FINALLY. YOU FINALLY GIVE ME ATTENTION."

"I'm sorry? What?"

"YOU SPEND THE DAY WITH THE PERSON THAT YOU HAVE BEEN OBSESSED WITH SINCE FOREVER AND YOU DIDN'T BOTHER TO EVEN CALL ME? DO I NOT EXIST?"

"Wait. How did you know?"

"How did I know? HOW DID I KNOW?" She pulled out her phone and showed me a news article with a picture attached of Shawn and I at the garden.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME? IS THAT EVEN YOU? THE ALANA I KNOW WOULD PROBABLY BE DEAD BY NOW."

I grabbed her hand and took her to the couch so we could be more comfortable while I told her everything.

"I can explain." I said, softly.

"YOU BETTER."

I then proceeded to tell her the story of how I forgot my phone, the night at the café, and how we spent the day together.

"Wow". She said. "That's. Insane. An actual fairytale"

"Mhm"

"And you have his number?"

"Yeah"

"Well. Are you going to call and ask him about the photos?"

"Why would I?"

"Umm. I don't know? So you could have a conversation, get married, and have babies. Why else?"

"Are you crazy?"

"No, Alana. I'm not. I'm just being a supportive mother and telling you what's best for you."

"Yeah. You are crazy. And besides, I don't think he likes me like that."

She gave me a look that said "I'm really about to punch you right now."

"If he didn't like you, then why would he invite you to the show tomorrow?"

"Um. To be nice?"

She nodded her head. "Where's your phone?'

"Why?"

"Give it to me"

"No"

"Alana. I swear to you. If you don't give me your phone, I will tackle you"

I looked at her for a second then quickly ran to the bedroom but wasn't fast enough as I felt Elle climb on my back, reaching her hands into my pocket, and grabbing my phone.

"ELLE"

She quickly ran away to the living room and pressed the button that would call Shawn. I looked her and the phone, hearing the horrid sound of the ringer. "I. Am going. To kill you later"

"You'll be thanking me later"

"Ha. Ha" I said sarcastically.

"Hello?" I heard Shawn's voice coming out from the phone. "Alana?"

I looked at Elle and she had an evil smirk displayed on her face. I grabbed the phone from her, putting the call on speaker.

"Hey Shawn"

"Hi" He said, in a way that let me know that he was smiling.

We were both silent for a little until Shawn broke the silence. "So. Is there a reason for calling?"

"Oh. I'm incredibly sorry. You must be so busy. I accidentally hit your number"

"Don't lie" I hear Elle whisper next to me. I jokingly punched her arm.

"It's no problem. I was actually about to call you. Have you been on the internet recently?"

"No. I haven't but I was well informed by my best friend and she showed me the articles"

"Cool. Um. I'm sorry about that. The paparazzi. You never really know when they're there."

"It's alright. What can you do?"

"Yeah. Well, I have to go. Getting on the bus for the next destination. When you're near the arena, call me and I'll tell my security guard, Jake, to let you in backstage."

"Sounds good. See you tomorrow"

"Bye" He said and I hung up the call.

"See. It wasn't that bad was it?" Elle spoke up.

The Next Day ...

As I drove closer and closer to the venue of Shawn's concert, I could see the big lettering of the arena's name displayed on top of the huge building. I parked in the closest spot I could manage to get to the back of the building and called Shawn.

After one ring, Shawn picked up. "Hello hellloooo" I said.

"Hi" He chuckled. "Someone sounds excited"

"Well, of course I am. I'm going to hear my favorite artist sing tonight!"

"Are you here by any chance?"

"Maybe..."

"I'll go tell Jake to get you"

"Oh okay. Does h-" Before I could finish my sentence, Shawn hang up the phone.

I grabbed my black purse and got out of the car, straightening my clothes, high-waisted black jeans and a cotton white shirt under a long, light brown cardigan. My dark black hair was curled into waves.

I looked at the side view mirror, making sure that the In-N-Out I had for lunch wasn't stuck in my teeth. As I was doing this, I hear the words "Are you Ms. Sinclair?"

I stood up straight and looked up. "Oh hi" I put my hand out and he shook it. "Call me Alana. You must be Jake"

"Yes. Please follow me" I followed him through the back door and went through a hallway which led to Shawn's dressing room.

"Make yourself comfortable. Shawn should be here in a little"

"Thank you" I said as he walked away.

I looked around the room. It was small and there were no windows. It was like a big closet. On the left wall, there was a vanity type desk that had a big mirror with lights and a small chair in front of it. At the middle wall, there was a dark brown leather sofa and glass coffee table. And at the far right, there was a large television which was turned off at the moment.

I decided to sit on the couch, looking around the room for a couple of minutes until I saw the door open.

A man who wasn't Shawn walked in. "Hi. You must be Alana, I'm Andrew Gertler" He walked up to me, putting out his hand, and I stood up and shook it.

"Hi! It's so nice to meet you"

"You too" He said and walked next to me on the couch, motioning me to sit down as he sat down as well.

"So. You met Shawn at the last concert?"

"Yes. I did" I said, nodding.

"Do you live here?"

"In California? Yes, I've lived here my whole life"

"Interesting. What's your family life like?"

"I have two parents who've been married since high school and an older sister and brother"

He nodded his head and I spoke up. "I'm sorry, Mr. Gertler. Are you interrogating me?"

"Oh. I'm sorry, Ms. Sinclair. It's just that Shawn has never really been. What's the word? Infatuated? With a girl before and fans go crazy over him and I just want to make sure that you aren't one of those people"

"That's understandable. Go ahead. Ask all the questions you want. And did you say infatuated?"

He chuckled a bit."I'd assume he's infatuated. He won't stop talking about you. Are you sure you want me to continue with the questions?"

"Yeah of course"

"Alright cool. Here we go then"

Andrew and I talked about my life and aspirations for the next thirty minutes. Afterwards, he left the room, informing me that Shawn should be coming in around five minutes.

Shawn's POV

Soundcheck went smoothly and was a success. I was walking towards my dressing room when I saw Andrew walk out.

"Hey, have you met Alana?" I asked walking up to him.

"Yes I have. And I want to apologize"

"For what?"

"For underestimating your gut feeling"

"Still a little confused here, Gerty"

"Last night. I warned you about spending time with random girls you just met and went on a rant about how you should have introduced me before associating yourself with her. Does any of this ring a bell?"

"Oh right! I remember"

"As I was saying, I didn't listen. Alana. She's exceptional"

"Oh no" I groaned. "Did you interrogate her?"

"Yes" He stuck up his pointer finger. "But. She confronted me about the interrogation and allowed me to continue interrogating her"

I chuckled. Typical Alana.

"The thing that she said that stuck out to me the most was her view on having relationships, friendly or romantic, with famous people"

"What'd she say?"

"She told me, 'I've never known anyone famous, but I don't think their status should matter. It's all about the connection between the two people. If that person is being cruel or self-centered, then I wouldn't want to associate myself with them. If the person is willing to experience this journey we call life, then I'm willing to devote my time for them' Beautiful, isn't it?"

"Yeah, it is. Did you really quote that word for word?"

"Of course not, that would be silly" He pushed up his glasses a little. "So. Are you going to confess your love to her anytime soon? Because, she's perfect and you'd better not mess anything up"

"What? Who said anything about confessing their love?"

"I know how crazy you are about her"

"When did I ever say that?"

"Don't lie to yourself, Shawn. You've been talking about her nonstop since two nights ago"

"But I only just met her. Is it possible to be in love already?"

"I'm not saying that you're in love with her. I'm saying that you should get to know her. You don't have to get married right now"

"Hmm. Maybe you're right. Maybe I am crushing on her"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.5K 2K 142
Started: November 2018 Finished: June 16 2019 Anna's POV "Ugh why is life so complicated" I said on the phone to my best friend Mara. Today has be...
164K 1.5K 80
If there is Smut or Fluff I will put a warning at the beginning of the chapter. Enjoy!
16.4K 318 41
"i love you, please don't ever forget that" .·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·. circa 2020. lower case intended.
52.9K 1K 32
after 5 years of breaking up they finally met in concert, both of them pretending that they're not knowing each other But in the end something happen...