Bitten Witch

By Shannah_Couper

First in the Witch's Blood Trilogy Alex is a normal everyday nerd, she likes to read and play games. At least... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Author's Note (Discontinuing)

Chapter 24

1.1K 55 0
By Shannah_Couper

After our talk last night Fang and I headed back to bed, he smiled at me and I lay awake for a few hours stewing over what he'd told me. Thinking back on it as well, Fang wasn't the only one who knew more than he should have, how does Envy know those things. I think I need to have a chat with him today, I absent-mindedly pick at the bacon on my plate.

"Alex are you alright?" Eve asks from across the table.

I pick up my head, "Hmm? Oh, yeah, I'm alright I just woke up in the middle of the night and after that, it took a while to get back to sleep."

"Oh so that was you walking around last night, I thought it was Fang sleepwalking again," Liam added.

With that Fang shuffles in from upstairs and plops into the empty seat beside me and Eve gets up to grab him a plate. He yawns and rubs his eyes tiredly, I've never noticed before but Fang has bags under his eyes.

"Morning," he mumbles as a plate of bacon and eggs are placed in front of him.

"Everyone will be heading out to see if we can find a trail in a few minutes," Liam says looking at Envy.

In reply, he nods and asks, "Who's staying behind?"

"Adrian will be for today and Lilith will be staying as well," Eve speaks this time.

"Alright sounds good." He says finishing his plate.

I push mine away and get up to get the door, Liam asks me what I'm doing but I open the door just as Lilith moves to ring the doorbell. She smirks at me and I move aside so she can walk in, I close the door and walk to the table and grab mine and Envy's plates before heading into the kitchen. I rinse and clean off our plates and put them aside, everyone chats in the dining room, despite the fact everyone's tense about this situation, they still smile.

I hum and move to head upstairs to change, I had a shower before going down to breakfast and stepping under that warm water had never felt so amazing. I hear the door open as I reach the top of the stairs, I look down and see Adrian and Lisanna come in through the door. Both of them smile and wave up at me before heading into the lounge room.

I walk into the hallway, the carpet is a tan colour and heading down the right hallway is a bathroom, Envy's room, Eve & Liam's room, Fang's room, Logan's room and my own room. In the other hallway is the guest bedrooms and the office, I've never been in the office. I shrug and push open my dark grey painted door and step into the room, my room has deep red painted walls, it doesn't have a window but instead a vent in the very left-hand corner near the ceiling. I have a chest at the end of my bed, a large wardrobe on the right side of the room, a mirror just beside that and all over the room are my boxes since I haven't had time to unpack all my things.

I walk over to one of the open boxes which spills some of my clothes onto the light grey carpet. I dig through it and pull out a pair of ripped jeans and a black tank top, to top it off I grab a red and black flannel. Stepping out of the robe I quickly change into my clothes and toss the robe on top of the desk that sits in the left corner next to the door. I leave the flannel unbuttoned and I roll up the sleeves and head back downstairs, getting to the bottom of the stairs I look around and it seems that everyone's left.

I walk into the lounge room to see Fang and Lilith sitting on the couch watching a movie, Lisanna sits against the wall playing on her phone. Adrian stands by the bookcase which rests just beside the TV. He glances behind him and sees me, remembering that I need to talk to him. I jerk my head to the back door and he nods, I walk outside and I hear him saying something to them, he walks out a second later and sits next to me. I sit in the same spot I did last night but Adrian sits on the other side of me and instead of leaning back I rest my elbows on my knees and hunch over a little.

"What did you want to talk about?" he questions me.

"Do you remember that one time we went hunting and you told me that when you were younger that you had a friend that was a girl and that when you both were eight something happened? You didn't mention that the girl was me." I turn and look at him.

He doesn't look at me, "After you were in the accident with your cousin, I visited you in the hospital with my Mother. The doctors said you were extremely lucky that there was nothing wrong other than a few scratches and that'd you be perfectly fine when you woke up. So I waited and when you woke up..."

"I said, 'Who are you?' Then I said a lot of bad things to you and then no matter how you tried to talk to me or just to say hello I just ignored you." I look down at the ground twisting my fingers together.

"I didn't understand, I still don't but at least now I know that you didn't remember me but I still just don't get it."

"The doctors were wrong, something majorly went wrong in the car accident, a small piece of shrapnel got lodged in my neck." I pull my hair up and show him the scar, "Something the doctors probably passed off but that point is the weak point for a witch so since it was left there, I developed a block in my mind. I still don't fully understand everything but the block changed me, it altered my memories, I forgot a lot of things and I retreated into my own mind to protect myself. The part of me that everyone saw that everyone loved was the part of me that wants to please everyone and will react to whatever they expect or want."

"Alex...," His voice but a whisper.

"I watched everything, it was like watching and hearing someone else live your life. I felt pathetic at the time, I couldn't handle it. Since birth people have wanted to use me, people wanted to hurt me. I wish I could change the past but if that thing hadn't happened, I don't think I could've gotten to this point. Something along the way could've changed for better or for worse, that I don't know but what I do know is that I'm glad that I'm here with this pack."

"Alex I don't know what to say." His voice is still quiet.

"You don't have to say anything, I just needed to tell you that. I'm so sorry Adrian, I wish I'd never hurt you." In this moment I'm absolutely powerless.

"I forgive you." He turns to me.

Tears run down my face, "You shouldn't, I hurt you so much," I sob.

He pulls me into a hug and whispers over and over again, "I forgive you Lexy."

I sob harder and I clench the back of his shirt in my fists. I feel his own tears land in my hair. He holds me tightly and we stay like that for a long time, he stops speaking at one point and we cry in silence. I know I'll forever regret what I did to him but at least now I can try to let it go.

We finally pull away from each other and his emerald eyes glisten at me, we rub our faces and smile at each other. The wind tugs at his wavy blonde hair and the wind also brings a leaf to smack right in his face, he pulls the leaf off his face and looks at it. We both laugh. He gets up and extends a hand to me, I smile softly and grab a hold of his hand holding it tightly. He pulls me up and we head inside, I flop into the love seat and rest my feet up on the armrest and Adrian sits on the couch beside Fang.

I realise we're watching 'Beautiful Creatures' I tilt my head. I watch it for a little while before I get bored, I swing my legs off the couch and get up and stretch.

Lisanna notices and asks, "What'cha doing Alex?"

"I think I'm going to unpack my room I haven't really had time to do it lately," I state.

"I'll come help," Lisanna says getting up.

"Thanks."

With that, the two of us head upstairs and she follows me into my room, she looks around and shrugs.

"Where do you want me to start?" she inquires from by the bed.

"Um, do you mind just putting those clothes into the wardrobe?" I point to the boxes right next to it.

"No problem." She smirks.

"Thanks for helping me do this, the only thing I've unpacked was my computer."

"It's not a problem, plus this way we can talk since we haven't had many chances."

"I guess that's true, we had science together but we never really talked so you wanna go first I'm sure you've got questions," I mutter.

I open a box and grab out some of my books and put them on the wall shelving that sits on the left side of my bed. Its seven long rows of sturdy wood, I grab a book holder and place it on the end on the top shelf and put some of the books on it. After I've placed most of my books on the top three shelves I place some of my figurines on the fourth one with some small glass statues and little ornaments.

"So what do you think about being a wolf?" Lisanna asks me as she folds.

"I think it's very cool. I mean I can turn into this beautiful wolf and run through the forest plus I've gotten to get closer to a lot of people, I have a family now. I'm glad you bit me, otherwise who knows what might have happened, probably would've had a boring life. " I joke.

"I guess so, do you wanna ask me a question?" She smiles at me.

"Um, are you bisexual or simply just gay?" I inquire.

"Oh, yeah I'm bisexual but how'd you guess?" she tilts her head at me.

"It was just a feeling, do you have a mate Lisanna?" I glance at her from the corner of my eye.

She looks away and laughs nervously, "I, um actually don't... why, why do you ask?"

I tilt my own head and stare at her but I end up shrugging, "Just thought of asking. How 'bout you ask me a question?"

"What do you think of the vampires and rogues working together? Seems a bit odd, even to you right?"

"Um I guess, I think when you found me at that shed it actually didn't really seem like they were working together it was more like they were just both in the same area. Looking out for the same thing, I don't really understand rogues all too well but I doubt they'd team up with vampires seeing as you guys seem to hate them."

I sit on the bed and open some of my other boxes but from the corner of my eye, I watch her. She nods along and seems to be thinking about what I said, we fall silent for a minute.

"So what do you really think then?" she questions finally.

"I think that they're not working together but someone is orchestrating it like they are, to draw the spotlight away from themselves. But it's just a theory, for all we know it could be just a normal human doing all this and we would be none the wiser since they're not supposed to know about this stuff."

"So you don't think there's a traitor in the pack do you?" she glances at me this time.

"Traitor, that's an interesting word to use. But who knows for all I know I could be completely wrong right? It's not like I can see the future or anything." I laugh.

She laughs as well and we fall back into a silence, I pull out my old quilt cover and pillow slips. I make the bed as Lisanna starts to hum while she finishes packing away my clothes, I can't help but think about that word, 'Traitor'. I remember back to a dream where my Dad warned me about a traitor in the pack, I find it hard to believe, from what I know, wolves are the most loyal creatures, especially to their pack. But with everything going on it could be possible, I hope I didn't give it away to Lisanna, after all, if I tell anyone it could get leaked to the actual traitor.

"Do you trust me, Alex?" Lisanna asks from beside me.

I blink, we've finished unpacking my boxes and now some of my posters hang on the wall beside the mirror. Lisanna and I sit side by side on the bed.

"Of course, I trust everyone in the pack. Why wouldn't I? They've done nothing but help me all this time, especially you when you saved me from that shed and those rogues." I smile at her.

She returns my smile but it feels fake, "Right, it's a good thing we don't have to worry about the rogues anymore."

"Yeah wanna head downstairs I could really go for some food."

She laughs, "You could always go for some food Alex."

I smile and laugh as well, she goes in front of me and heads downstairs, she walks into the lounge room and sits on the couch. I walk into the kitchen and grab a packet of chips and walk into the lounge room, the TV has been turned off and they all look bored.

As I munch I ask, "Can we play a board game?"

Everyone perks up and Fang instantly dashes off somewhere, I sit cross-legged on the floor and Fang comes back with monopoly. Everyone sits down and Lilith sits behind me so we can tag-team the others.

"You're going down bitches," Lilith says from behind me.

Shit just got serious following this statement and so the game begins. Of course, with monopoly, it becomes a war.

"Oh yeah, bitches get out of jail free card!" Lisanna yells.

"Hey, that was my property!" Adrian yells at Lilith and I as we buy all the orange properties.

"Hey, I don't know what this card is." Fang turns around a community chest card.

"Each player..." I begin.

"No, you need to pay each player 50k," Lilith says elbowing me in the stomach.

"Yes! I bought the dark blues, I'm putting hotels on these!" Adrian yells as we all cry.

"Hey, you're cheating!" Lisanna yells at us.

"We are not!" Lilith yells back.

"Alex, are you rigging the dice?" Adrian yells at me looking down as he lands on my hotel.

Lilith laughs evilly as Adrian forks over half of his money.

"Hey, I got the other get out of jail free card." Fang pipes up smiling.

"No, I refuse to go to jail!" Lilith screams at our chance card as I move us to jail.

"Oh, I can steal someone's property," Fang says holding another community chest card.

With this announcement, everyone clenches their properties and Fang grabs a random one from Adrian since he has the most properties. Lucky Fang got a dark blue one with a hotel on it.

"You're cheating!" Lisanna screams at Fang as she hands over 100k due to his chance card.

"I refuse to pay rent! You hexed the dice!" Adrian yells at me and I blink at him while Lilith cackles over my shoulder.

"Oh yes, that's right bitch hand over all your money!" Lisanna cries as she hands the last of her money to Adrian.

We continue to play with Lisanna now teaming up with Fang. For some reason he just keeps getting all the good cards, the game does end with a bang, however.

Lilith flips the board, "Cheaters! All of you! And I would know I cheat all the time! Wait! No, I mean...," She bolts from the room.

Adrian and Lisanna chase after her as she leaves the house and Fang and I shake hands happily since he won. I always team up with Lilith since she gets way into the game but as always I quite enjoy the chaos, of course, the amount of eye rolls I did has given me a headache.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 2.5K 23
Alicia is a normal girl. Chris is anything but normal, as Alpha of his wolf shifter pack, he needs to find a mate, soon, or he will lose his Alpha p...
2.8K 190 21
Ellie knew the world was different, it wasn't until she had a walk in the woods at night that she found out just how strange and scary the world is a...
80.9K 3.3K 13
Destiny Phillips is dreading her eighteenth birthday because as a shifter, she must join the 'Mating Chase'. It has been a tradition for hundreds of...
520 32 24
She is just a normal girl, until she is bitten one fateful night. The wolf who bit her, turns out to be her mate . . . and an Alpha.