Entertainer.

By rockhoe

She was an entertainer, and he was a professional wrestler. Being entertainment's "It" couple, Bret and Kat... More

cast // intro
1: "i'll make you fall in love with me."
2: "why did you do that?"
3: a hart's dinner.
4: i'm done
5: love & confessions.
6: reprimanded.
7: forever.
8: oh, no.
9: the talk.
10: it's over now.
11: woke up in japan.
13: milestones.
14: want you back.
15: brother vs brother.
16: wrestlemania 86.
17: "here we go."
18: the "it" baby.
19: oh, baby!
20: bombshells.
21: family bonding.
22: uncles night.
23: workhorse.
24: a quarrel.

12: "bret's going to what now?"

1K 26 134
By rockhoe

I slid my hands down my hips and turned to my side as I put my hand on my small bump.

I smoothed my shirt down and raised my brow as I looked at myself. Bret opened the door to the bathroom behind me, stopping in his tracks and looking at me.

"Uh..."

"I'm showing." I grabbed ahold of his hand, placing it on my bump.

Bret obliged my actions and pressed his palm to my growing stomach. I looked up at him with raised eyebrows while he smiled, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"We need to head over to my parents. Are you ready?" He asked, looking down, over me as if he was looking me over.

"I guess so. If we must." I dramatically sighed.

"Do we want to tell them about the baby?" He mumbled as he grabbed his tooth brush.

"Not yet." I ran my fingers through my hair before returning to my scalp and teasing it a little more.

"Kat, you're five months in. Soon we aren't going to have a choice." Bret said through brushing his teeth.

"I just don't want them to freak out." I groaned, putting my hand on my hip and the other on the sink.

"They're going to freak out either way because they love you." He rolled his eyes.

"Your sisters are hit and miss. Your brothers all love me. Of course your parents love me. But it's just.. a lot. I don't want to be ridiculed, or hated on. I just want to know if they support us or not." I paused, biting my lip.

"My sister is all I really have. My mom is off living her best life and my father hates my very presence. I don't want your family to freak out and hate me and you both... Because all I really have is your family, my sister and you, Bret." I looked at him, pursing my lips.

"You aren't going to lose me or anyone else, Kat. I'm right here." Bret put his hand on my waist, giving me a small smile.

"Even if I look like a whale?" I pouted.

"You don't. But I wouldn't leave you if you paid me." He snorted.

We made our way down to his car, I made myself comfortable. Rolling the window down, longing for a nice breeze when I was met with cold ass air. Then I remembered. We were in Canada.

"We should tell your parents about WrestleMania." I stated while putting my hand on his leg, gently.

"Tell them what? That I got the shitty end of the deal? I'm going to be in Chicago instead of Los Angeles or New York where all the good stuff is happening? While I'm stuck in a battle royal? I don't think so, babe." Bret practically hissed, I rolled my eyes and gave his leg a squeeze.

"Bret, at least you're even getting a chance. You're doing better!" I smiled, pressing my lips to the side of his face.

"You going to keep being my personal hype woman, now?" He chuckled, glancing at me.

"I'm much more than your hype woman, big boy." I flipped my hair off my shoulder and grinned.

"Of course! How could I forget. You're that girl I met in a bar and got pregnant." Shaking his head as if he remembered something important, Bret smirked when he parked the car on the edge of his parents driveway.

"You're horrible at jokes. Leave that to Owen." I glared at him.

"I knew you liked him better for some reason." He frowned.

"He doesn't annoy me." I smirked and got out of the car.

"I don't annoy you! There's no way! I cook for you, I made sure you had clean clothes. I always give you foot rubs. I have sex with you. I–"

I put my hand on his mouth and rolled my eyes.

"It was a joke, Bret. I appreciate everything you do for me. You're just an asshole when you want to be." I stated with a smile, removing my hand and pecking his lips before I walked up to the door of his parents home.

I was greeted at the door by Smith. I hesitantly put on a fake smile and looked back at Bret who walked up behind me.

"Bret, Kat, hello!" He smiled while staring at me.

"Hi, Smith." Bret rolled his eyes and pushed through the door, putting his arm around me.

"He's so creepy." I mumbled and moved closer to the bigger man.

"Bret!" Georgia ran towards him with a smile.

"Hi Kat! Good to see you!" She grinned at me and pulled Bret and I both into a hug.

"You too, I love the hair." I laughed while motioning to her much blonder hair.

"Thanks. Diana suggested I go blonder." She shrugged with a smile.

"I love it. It really suits you." I nodded and bit my lip.

Bret has walked over to his parents, seemingly in deep conversation with them. I looked back at Georgia and smiled.

"How have things been?"

"I worry about mom and dad a little more each day. Things aren't going so good with Ellie and Jim, they're always on the phone with them. I've told them to just let El and Jim sort it out like adults. But dad won't let it go." She mumbled quietly.

"She called Bret and blamed him for Jim not going to Japan. However, I set her straight and she hadn't called since we got back two days ago." I moved closer to her and sighed heavily.

"My best advice is to just avoid her while you're here." Georgia gave me a sad smile.

"That's always the plan." I laughed a little.

"Kat! Oui!"

I looked over Georgia's shoulder and smiled at Davey as he ran towards us.

"Hey, big dude." I laughed once he stopped beside Georgia, in front of me.

"Hey are ya?" He grinned.

"I'm tired. But I'm kicking around." I mused, running my hands through my hair.

"Oh I get it. Because of tha baby." He chuckled. His eyes widened right after the words fell from his lips.

My whole world froze. I couldn't move.

"Baby?" Georgia repeated quietly.

"Uh... no! Like um... fuck. I'm sorry Kat." Davey shook his head and quickly walked away.

"Are you pregnant?" Georgia asked every quietly while staring at me.

I bit my lip and took a deep breath before I looked up at her. "Yes."

"That's amazing! Congratulations!" She smirked and hugged me.

"Who's the father?"

"Your brother." I said bluntly while blinking at her.

"Funny. Who is it really?" She laughed playfully.

I stayed silent, raising my brow as I looked over at Bret, who was still engaged in a deep conversation with his parents.

"Oh my god!" Georgia gasped.

"Please don't say anything! We aren't ready to tell anyone!" I put my hands on her arms and pleaded.

I was taken back by her arms wrapping around me, pulling me in for a hug.

"I'm so happy for you two! I won't say a word. Scouts swear!" The Hart sister smiled happily.

I hesitantly smiled at her and nodded my head, she pulled away and fixed her hair.

"How far along are you?"

"Five months."

"Did you even plan on telling us?" She mused with a smirk.

"Yes. But I didn't want anyone to freak out. And I know how your family can be. Even though I love you all for it." I laughed a little.

Alison made her way over to us, her eight month old daughter Madelyn sprawled out in her arms.

"Hey, Kat! Georgia, you're needed in the kitchen, requested by Ellie." She greeted me and turned to her sister.

"She's gotten big." I motioned to her daughter and bit my lip.

"I know. Doesn't get that from me." Alison mused.

I only smiled in response. I really had no idea about Alison. She was the quiet, brainiac of the family. I didn't even know she was married or had a husband. It didn't really interest me until now. 

"Everything alright?" Bret asked, walking up beside me.

"Yeah, just admiring the baby." I smiled up at him.

He smiled back at me and put his hand on my shoulder giving it a squeeze.

"Want to hold her?" Alison asked Bret with a gleam in her eye.

"Uh..."

"Of course he does!" I answered for him.

Bret looked like a deer in headlights as his sister showed him how to support her daughters head, and body. The poor man did his best as he held her against his chest with his hand on the back of her head. He glared down at me, I only smiled at him.

"You're doing good!" Alison hit his arm playfully.

"I wouldn't consider this good, Ali." He rolled my eyes playfully.

"You're better than I thought you would be. When are you going to settle down and have a few kids?" She asked, Bret cleared his throat and then chuckled.

I felt my face go white, laughing a long with him. I felt like any second my secret was doomed to be out.

I silently watched Bret and Alison talk for a little bit before he handed Madelyn back to her and she began to walk into the kitchen when she said something to him, he nodded. Looking over at me, his face pulled into a concerned look as I forced a smile.

"What's wrong? Are you okay? Is... everything okay?" He asked quietly.

"Bret, we have to tell them. I can't take this. Davey already slipped up to Georgia. Thank god she likes me." I said frantically while taking deep breaths to calm myself down.

"Okay. Okay, hey. Let's not freak out." He put his hands on my face, smiling while pulling me into his chest.

"Oui! We 'ade it!" A familiar British voice called out.

I lifted my head from Bret's chest and looked over at the door where Tom stood with Celeste behind him. I shook my head and laid it back into Bret's comfortable collarbone.

I heard everyone greeting Tom and my sister. But I did my best to ignore it. My mind was elsewhere.

The flutters in my stomach were dancing around. I only knew one thing of what that could be. Our baby was moving. I gently grabbed Bret's hand, putting it on the side of my stomach. Watching his face contort into confusion and then realization was beautiful to me.

"I love you."

"Love you too, annoying ass." I winked at him.

"Food's ready!" Stu called out loudly.

Bret and I walked into the dining area, finding a seat beside Wayne. I heard an irritated groan from Bret when we sat down. He looked heavily annoyed. And we just got here...

"What?" I asked as I leaned towards him.

"Dean." Was all he said.

"Let it go." I rolled my eyes.

"Easy for you to say when he hasn't screwed you over." Bret mumbled hotly.

"Maybe you need to talk to him. He may just be looking for redemption." I shrugged.

Celeste and Tom sat across from us. Bret nodded to the Brit as he helped my sister into her chair. I huffed and scooted back in my chair.

Bret didn't do that for me.

"I wish being pregnant didn't make me moody." I grumbled.

"Being pregnant would change that?" He smirked.

"You're lucky you are too pretty to hurt. Or else I would ruin your face." I snorted jokingly.

"Hit me with your best shot, babe." Bret urged.

Dinner wasn't surprisingly bad. Bret was civil for the most part. Until Dean spoke and then he was back to being annoyed and closed off. Ellie and Jim were in the living room with their kids, we could hear them arguing at times. We all just kept silent, as Stu directed us too. Celeste looked about as uncomfortable as I did right now.

"Want to tell them now?" Bret whispered in my ear.

"With all of this silence?" I joked back.

"Better now than later." He shrugged.

"Uh... Kat and I want to tell you guys something–" Bret began but was cut off by his brothers all grinning.

"Finally!" Wayne praised him from his other side.

"It took forever, Bret. I mean really." Keith shook his head.

"Welcome to the family, Kat." Bruce winked at me. I felt slightly disgusted by that.

"Will you assholes shut up and let him talk?" Dean rolled his eyes and hit his fist against the table.

Bret nodded to him before looking down at me. I looked up at him and bit my lip.

"I don't know how to say this." He sighed.

"We're having a baby." I said for the both of us.

"I'm going to be a father." Bret spoke over me.

If it wasn't silent before, it sure was now.

"Bret's going to what 'ow? Tom practically spit up his beer.

"This is a joke right? A big joke?" Ross asked while staring between us disapprovingly.

"Clearly it is." Smith chuckled.

"You guys, that's rude." Georgia huffed.

"That whore is pregnant!"

I dropped my head and breathed in a deep breath as I glared at Ellie, Who now stood in the doorway.

"Five months and counting, sweetie." I stood up slowly.

"Is that baby even my brothers?" She quipped proudly.

Everyone was now staring at me as I threw my napkin down, starting towards her. Bret strung up and pulled me back towards him.

"You better be glad I'm pregnant because if I wasn't, I would beat your ass." I growled.

"Katrina, I would love to see you try."

I struggled to get out of Bret's arms while Jim bumbled in and put his hands on her, trying to calm her down.

"Why do you all accept her so easy? She's had everything she wanted handed to her. She's a little skank who's slept her way to the top. But obviously she wasn't good enough for her husband because he left her for someone who was. And yet you guys cherish her! Why?! So what she's pregnant. She's probably going to just mooch off of ma and pa!" Ellie practically screamed at everyone.

Alison, and Diana left the room with their babies while the rest stayed. Stu looked incredulously at Ellie. Helen only looked down at her food with a sad expression.

"Listen here, bitch. That's my sister you're talking about and if you want to talk your shit then make sure you know the facts. Because judging by what you know, you sound like a jealous baby craving attention. So go on. I'm begging you. She may be pregnant, but I'm not. And I will fuck you up." Celeste slid her chair back abruptly. 

Ellie looked at her like she was insane. However, I smirked.

"Looks like you learned from your sister, whoring around with what was left of the locker room she hasn't been with, I see?"

"Ellie, enough!" Bret shouted.

This time Tom shot up. Davey was quick to hold him back. Even I was in shock.

"Shut your fooking mouth! And leave the girls 'ames out of it! Fookin' disgustang 'ooking, bitch." He snapped.

"Ellie, I think it's time you leave." Stu's iron clad voice bellowed.

"You can't be serious!" She screamed.

"Bye, bitch." Celeste hissed at her.

"I fucking hate you!" Ellie screamed directly at me. I only smirked.

"Sounds like a personal problem." I waved at her.

She made sure to make a scene on the way out. Jim begins her not offering one word to defend anyone at all. Slamming the door behind them.

After everything settled down, Stu and Helen profusely apologized to Celeste and I. Alison and Diana joined us back at the table.

"Well, congratulations brother. I'm very happy for you." Dean grinned at us both. I could feel Bret tense a little from beside me. He smiled at Dean, though.

"Me too. May everything be happy and healthy from here on out." Wayne nodded with a smile.

"So, what to you guys plan on doing to do now?" Bruce asked dumbly.

"I'm going to keep working with the WWF. Kat is on maternity leave, she's working on something to keep herself occupied."

"I'm just going with the flow. But I don't have any plans to do anything at least for six month until after this baby gets here." I shrugged.

"Do you know what it is yet?" Georgia asked peppily.

"I think we're waiting for that." Bret shook his head.

"So you're due in May, right?" Alison questioned, sipping on her water.

"How did you–"

"I seen your bump earlier, plus I'm a mother myself." The brunette laughed.

"Oh.. yeah. I am. They said within at least the first ten days."

"It's so crazy to think that Bret is going to be a dad." Diana laughed.

"Ya better have a few 'tiff ones before it gets 'ere, mate. You'll miss it." Davey mused while finishing off his beer.

"Well, I'm happy for you both. Kat, you've always been a part of the family. I'm glad you've decided to share the legacy." Helen nodded to Bret and I with a smile.

"Honestly, I'm not surprised. But yeah, congratulations and stuff." Owen shrugged from the other end of the table.

"Not surprised?" Dean raised an eyebrow at him.

"I've known a lot more than you think, man. Don't make me relive the trauma." Owen waved him off, winking at Bret and I.

_______________________________

Honestly y'all, this is me when I'm writing some Brat.

Also, going to be publishing my second Federation Era book soon. All I'm going to say is read it with caution. Also known as, DONT read it if you can't handle things such as: affairs, heartbreak, angst and death. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 245 11
My 7th Alexa Bliss Story! Enjoy!
85.9K 2.2K 106
"I know you have looked up to over half of us since you were a kid, but are you prepared for this?" "I have trained since I was a little girl. I know...
21.8K 409 15
You have been dating Seth Rollins for two years. Every day seems to get easier with him, even if your careers in the WWE are both skyrocketing. You...
33.6K 1.1K 39
She's got issues, so does he, more than anyone could possibly keep track of. The deception of those closest to them, an ex lover's obsessive behavior...