Fated To Love You (ON HIATUS)

By scarlettrosie

A story about a primary school teacher named Park Chaeyoung who is fated to meet a good-looking divorced man... More

Prologue - Characters
Chapter 1 - First meeting
Chapter 2 - Treat
Chapter 3 - Captivated
Chapter 4 - Strawberry cheesecake (Part 1)
Chapter 5 - Strawberry cheesecake (Part 2)
Chapter 6 - Friend?
Chapter 7 - Pasta
Chapter 8 - Ed Sheeran
Chapter 9 - Fate
Chapter 10 - Lunch
Chapter 11 - Hospital
Chapter 12 - His parents
Chapter 13 - Movie
Chapter 14 - Jennie
Chapter 16 - Dance
Chapter 17 - Date
Chapter 18 - Archery
Chapter 19 - School trip
Chapter 20 - Jealousy
Chapter 21 - Barbeque
Chapter 22 - Confront
Chapter 23 - Comeback
Chapter 24 - Scared
Chapter 25 - Birthday
Chapter 26 - Proposal
Chapter 27 - Her wish
Chapter 28 - Rage
Chapter 29 - I'm sorry
Chapter 30 - Trust

Chapter 15 - Dinner party

1.8K 110 5
By scarlettrosie

**Today's song : Kim Min Seung - Thumping**

Jungkook walked towards his office earning greetings from all of his workers. He headed towards his office and took a seat on his leather swivel chair. He rested his head on the chair and closed his eyes. He was relieved as he remembered not having any important meetings or appointments which gave him time to relax.

"Mr. Jeon, may I come in?"

He opened up his eyes upon hearing a knock and voice which he was familiar with, his secretary.

"Yes sure, come in."

"Mr Jeon, today you'll be attending a dinner party at Four Seasons Hotel. The Kims Group will throw a celebration party for their newest hotel project and President Kim personally invited you."

"I nearly forgot about that. What time is it again?" Jungkook lightly pinched his nose bridge and let out a sigh.

"It's on 8 pm, sir."

"Noted that. Thank you, Soo Hyun. You may leave."

"Alright, sir."

Jungkook had always gone to these typical company dinner parties as it was one of his strategies to build branches of network and connections with influenced people as well as potential business partners. He usually went by himself when almost everyone who attended the event has their respective partners. He could have brought anyone with him but he felt wrong of having a date without any concern or tiny bits of feeling. That was when he suddenly thought of her.

Should I ask her?

Jungkook took his phone on the table and searched for her number. He was contemplating to call her but in the end he did. He nervously waited for her to pick up the call, he walked back and forth in front of his desk and stopped when he heard her voice. That angelic voice.

Hello, Jungkook?

Hey Chaeyoung. Sorry if I am disturbing you.

No, you're not. I don't have class right now.

Oh ya? Glad to hear that, haha.

Yeah. So...why do you call? I mean you must have reasons for calling right? It doesn't mean I don't like it..ahh what am I saying. Sorry for rambling.

Jungkook softly chuckled hearing her rambled.

So it means you like it when I call? Okay then, I will call you often haha. But yes, I call you to ask something.

Uhh...haha. Ask about what?

Are you free tonight?

Yes I am. Why?

I want to invite you to a dinner party. It is like a corporate party..you know. It's okay if you have other plan. I'm not forcing you.

Yes sure, why not.

Hearing her letting out a chuckle made a smile instantly crept up on his face.

Cool. Let me pick you up at 6?

Sure.

Okay, see you.

See you. Bye.

Bye, Chae.

After finishing his conversation with Chaeyoung, he could not supress his grin and excitement. She literally agreed.

Chaeyoung ended the call and she let out a squeal earning glances from the teachers in the office. She immediately bowed as a sign of apologize. He asked me to be her date? She was nervous yet excited when Jungkook called her just now. She was trying hard to control her cool during the conversation but she messed up a bit. But just let bygones be bygones. Dinner party with Jungkook? It sounded nice. Her thought wandered to the graceful dances, the appetizing buffet, the beautiful dresses. Dresses. She did not know how to dress up for this kind of event and she legit needed help. Jennie.

Hello, Jennie? I need help.

"Finally our Chaeng will be having her first date. I'm so happy for you." Jennie squealed upon her arrival at Chaeyoung's house.

"Ohh shut up. It's not a date. He only asked me for a corporate dinner party. Maybe his partner couldn't come." Chaeyoung snickered but she was actually hoping she was not a replacement.

"Oh yeah? Why would he even invite you. I mean he could have invited someone else." Jennie shrugged her shoulder, smiling mischievously while arching one of her eye brows.

"Yeah he could though with a face like that. He's hot." Lisa added smiling teasingly and exchanged glances with Jennie.

Chaeyoung was speechless and it made her think of it. Why would he invite me?

"What? Cat got you tongue, little kitten?" Jennie interrupted earning a glare from her.

Both of Lisa and Jennie laughed loudly seeing how flustered Chaeyoung was and she could not help but covered her face with both of her palms.

"Okay enough with the chatting. I'll turn you into a princess tonight, Chaeng. He would surely couldn't take his eyes off you." With that Jennie steered her to sit, brought out a box of makeup tools and started to paint her face. She skillfully dabbed her face, brushing few parts of it and approximately after 20 minutes she had done her job.

"Done. You look amazingly beautiful Chaengie." Jennie proudly said.

Chaeyoung opened her eyes and saw her reflection from the mirror inside her room. "Woah. I don't believe it's me." Chaeyoung lightly chuckled and she could not deny she liked her look. It was only a simple makeup with natural looks. It blended so well with her fair skin complexion and enhanced her natural facial features. Her eyes and cheeks were tainted with neutral eyeshadows palette and light blushes which were soft but enough to evoke elegant vibes. Her lips were coloured with light rosewood lip matte which added fierce feel to the whole look. The makeup simply described her.

Fiery but soft and fragile.

Her hair was done in a simple knotted half up with curled end creating a beatiful and soft waves of her brown locks.

"Chaeng, I got this dress for you. Try it." Jennie smiled softly and handed her a netted burgundy coloured dress. It was an off shoulder knee length dress with an A-line cut.

Imagine this is the dress

"Hurry up, get change into this dress. It's nearly 6." Lisa muttered excitedly and held Jennie's hand, taking her out of the room.

Chaeyoung wore the dress and stared at herself in front of the mirror. She smiled feeling satisfied and wore her heart-shaped pendant, the last gift from her mother. She took her cream ankle strap heels as well as her handbag and headed downstairs.

"Thank you, Jen. I owe you this one."

"Your welcome, sweetheart. By the way, you look amazing. I feel sorry for your partner, he might have a heart attack seeing how beautiful you are." Jennie let out a laugh and she just grinned.

"Be careful, Chae. Enjoy the night." Lisa continued earning a small smile and nod from her.

"Thank you, Lis. I'll be back soon."

With that, Chaeyoung headed out from the house and went to the lift. She walked out of the apartment and a smile appeared on her face seeing Jungkook was leaning his back against his car.

She walked towards him and greeted. "Hi Jungkook."

Jungkook turned his head towards her and his mouth was slightly opened upon seeing her. She could not help but slightly blushed at his reaction.

"Do I look weird?"

"No..you're not. You're breathtakingly beautiful."

Her lips were pressed in a thin line and her heart felt jovial to hear his compliment. She admitted that Jungkook was astoundingly handsome seeing how his black spotless satin tuxedo complimented his well built figure completed by his slick, high shine hairstyle.

"Ohh and I got you flowers." Jungkook gave her a bouquet of red roses and she could help but smile widely at his present.

"Thank you, Jungkook." She inhaled the sweet scent of the roses and she loved it. It was calming.

"Shall we?" Jungkook opened the car door for her and she instantly entered the car holding the roses.

"Sure."

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/n: They go to dinner party together😍 What can happen next?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57K 2.3K 39
'Words are not important to love someone' ____________________________________________________ Kim Y/N, daughter of the most successful business man...
84.1K 3.4K 27
μ•ˆλ…• I'm Park Chaeyoung. And THIS is my diary. My life has always been a rollercoaster. I've officially debuted in Blackpink and I'm officially an ido...
26.8K 698 48
Formerly Known as : 'Will You Still Love Me the Same?' "No turning back?" Jungkook assured Lisa with glistened eyes. "Definitely not." Lisa grab his...
121K 4.5K 27
Where Park Jimin is just a ordinary 17 yr old that goes to school and is going to graduate soon. He finds himself intrasted in his hot gym teacher. J...