Under The Influence

By CReigns

🚩🚩🚩 Chris Brown is clearly someone who wears his heart on his sleeve. A very emotional person, someone who... More

Cast: Under The Influence
Party
I Need Love
Body shots
Privacy
Actin like this
Start It Slow
No Exit
All I Need
Get Off
Something Special
Anyway
High End
Overdose
Dont think they know
Run Away
Don't judge me
Love Gon Go
Hold up
Heartbreak on a Full Moon
You Like That
Sorry Enough
Text Message
Damage
Sorry
Tough Love*
Nowhere
Discover*
Yoppa
Paradise/Frustrated
State Of The Union
Final Fantasy
Ignore me
Matter
Enemy
Dear God
Nose Dive
Natural Disaster
Seasons Change
Proof
Flashbacks
Summer Breeze
Under The Influence
Second Hand Love
Animal
Not You Too
All On Me
Hold Me Down
Notice
When I Love Ya
Substance
Yellow Tape
Second Serving
In Your Heart
Wildcat/BP
Nice Try
No Guidance
Chicago Freestyle
Stereotype
X
Bet You Know Now
Indigo
Let's Smoke
I Got Time
Lie To Me
Technology
Autumn Leaves
With You
I Love Her
Lucky Me
Him or Me
Transparency
Trust Issues
Trust Me
Say You Love Me
Lost In Ya Love
Back To Love
Stolen
Fu*ked Me Up
Gravity
Deuces
Zero
IMY2
I Ain't Tryin'
Fire & Desire
N2Deep
Don't Check On Me
Hurt The Same
Controlla
War
Let S**t Go
Pipe Down
Shameless
Laugh Now Cry Later
Do Better
Fountains
See You Around - The Interview
Signs
See You Again
Time And A Place
Upside Down
This Way
Can I
Gave You Love
Under The Influence: N2Deep
Under The Influence: N2DEEP *RELEASED*

Trust Me (*)

1.4K 51 73
By CReigns

Chris POV

The rest of the weekend we stayed in the house. I didn't want to leave her side anyway. I wanted to be up under her as much as I could. She didn't want me to go anywhere, she wanted my team to handle it and for me to leave it alone. I spent all weekend making it up to her, not sexually, but emotionally and mentally. She needed it. I told her I wasn't going to put her through anything like this and even though it wasn't my fault, technically this is still me putting her through something. I've worked hard to get us to where we are right now and I'm not going to let this come between us. I refuse to.

I know all of this has brought back some, if not all of her insecurities. I've been working like crazy to build her up and get rid of these insecurities and now all of my work has probably gone down the drain. She said she believes me and all is forgiven but I don't believe that one bit. I still feel like I let her down and I'm so sorry this happened.

When we left my house, we flew to Chicago. I had to turn myself in for that stupid ass assault charge, for snatching up her ex-boyfriend. I was in and out of jail. Shawnie was right there in court with me. She had my back, as always. My lawyer said I would probably only get community service because I did put my hands on the man and what was saving me was the fact that I was defending her. So the judge was pretty understanding of that. But Marcel, he's looking at a harassment charge and he can face up to two years in jail. Not mine, nor Shawnie's problem.

The next day, after my Chicago court date, we flew to Orlando for me to turn myself in there as well. This probably wasn't going to go as well. I wanted Shawnie as part of my legal team for both cases but since she was a witness in both, she couldn't stand with me. I was fined $30,000 but they threw out the case because even though it wasn't legal when the video was taken, it's legal now. I literally got off scotch free with both charges.

It was now Wednesday and we were flying back to LA. We were on my private jet. She was sitting at the table, and I was laying down across from her, on the sofa. We weren't saying anything but it was a comfortable silence.

She was working and I was just chilling looking up something to get her as a gift, on my phone. I think she deserves it. She's been through a lot this last few days and personally, I feel some type of present is long overdue but she never lets me buy her anything. I already told her I was going to get her a car, so she can have something when she's out in LA but I also wanted to get her something more personal and from the heart. I just want to get her something to show her some type of appreciation. I just don't know what that is yet.

I look over at her, "Babe."

"Hmm?" She says breaking eye contact from her computer, to look at me.

"When we land, we're going to my jeweler and whatever you want, you can have. Aight?"

"Why?" She asks

"Because I just want to get you something. After everything that's happened within the last week, I think you deserve it. Plus, I wanted to get you something anyway and you never let me." I say

"I never let you get me anything because I don't want anything." She says

"But I want you to get something for yourself. I want you to feel good about yourself and I want you to feel pretty. So whatever will do the trick, I'm willing to do for you. I know all this baby bullshit got to you and I just want you to feel secure again. I know this hurt you and I'm sorry. I'm really trying."

"I know baby and I'm trying too. Thank you, I really do appreciate what you're doing but why me?" She asks

"Come here." I say sitting my phone on the ground.

She gets up and lays on top of me, wrapping her arms around me, I wrap my arms around her as well.

"You're not like anyone I've ever met before. You don't like all the other shit women like, you don't want me because I have money. Hell, you won't even let me spend $100 on you. I love that you genuinely care about me, you worry about me. I can open up and talk to you. I like that I can share any and everything with you. I love that you calm me down. I know I have a reputation but ever since I've been with you, I have been faithful to only you. I only look at you, I only care about what you think. I don't want to hurt or stress you out and I think I've proven that to you. I'm going to get all that shit taken care of, baby." I say putting one arm behind my head, propping my head up to look at her.

"I know you will." She looks up at me and kisses my chin.

We were silent for a while. I was enjoying her being here, laying on me. But I had something I wanted to say. I've been feeling it but I didn't know when or how to say it.

"Shawnie, I love you." I say with a serious face.

She looks up at me and smiles, then she moves her face towards mine and she kisses me. It was a passionate and emotional kiss. Well it was emotional for me. She doesn't have to say it, I know she loves me and this kiss proves it. But I would like to hear her say it.

"Do you love me yet?" I say as she pulls away

She looks into my eyes, "I do....I love you, Chris. I just realized it. That's why I was so hurt when all that pregnancy stuff happened. I don't want anything to come between us and I definitely don't want anything to disrupt the aura we have around us, as a couple. What happened could have broken us up. I was freaking out because I gave you a chance after I didn't want to." She says

"I know baby and I don't want to put any more pain on you. I know you've been through a lot and I just want everything to be good with you." I softly rub her back, "Now, I want you to know, if I said I love you, I always love you, and you're mine forever." I say with a serious face, looking down at her. She didn't say anything, she just laid in my chest. I'm serious as hell, I love her, and I'm not letting anything come between us. She's mine, and I mean that shit, on my life.

We got back to LA and chilled out for a few hours, until Shawnie had to leave for a meeting. She had to cancel a meeting with a potential client the day everything went down because she was so messed up mentally, she couldn't focus. So they rescheduled to today and were on our way there but his time, I'm dropping her off because we're going to go to my jeweler and to an art show.

Shawnie's POV

We pulled up in Chris' black Lamborghini. He got out first, then came over to my side and opened my door.

"I'll be right back, I'm just walking her in." He says to valet.

Chris walks me in and sits down at the table with me, "Thank you, baby!" I say reaching for his hand, "I only need an hour, babe."

"Okay, I'll stay close. I might even just wait in the car for you." He says and I smile, "I love you."

"I love you more, babe. I'll you see later." He gets up, kisses me on the lips, then leaves.

I only wait for about ten minutes, until my client arrives.

"Hi, Mr. Blanks!" I say standing up and shaking his hand.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Roberts." He shakes my hand and we both take a seat.

"If it's okay, my client wanted to join us. I told him it was okay. He's on his way in." He says

"Of course that's okay." I say, "Who's your client?"

"He can introduce himself, he's right here." I turn around.

"Hey, what's up?" Drake says, smiling, looking down at me.

"Oh my goodness! Long time, no see." I say. I hold my hand out for him to shake, but he goes in for a hug. "Oh." I put my hands on his chest to block the hug, but he hugs me anyway.

"Little Miss Shawnie Roberts!" He says, smiling.

"You guys know each other?" Mr. Blanks asks

"No, we—."

Drake cuts me off, "Kinda." Drake says

We all sit down at the table.

"So, now that everyone is here, Business plan, I was thinking we cou—."

Drake cuts off Mr. Blanks, "Billy I can take it from here. Thanks." He says making eye contact with me.

"I thought you—."

He cuts him off again, "Nah. I got it." Drake says, still holding eye contact with me.

"You don't need—."

"Nah. Thank you." He smiles and waits for him to leave.

"Oh, okay. Well it was nice meeting you, Ms. Roberts." He extends his hand to me and I finally break eye contact and I shake his hand.

"It was nice meeting you too." I say

He gathers his things and leave. I look back at Drake and he smiles. I don't even think he's taken his eyes off of me yet.

"You had your lawyer set up a meeting with me for what?" I ask, slightly amused.

"Because I wanted to meet you." He smiles.

"You've already met me." I say and I laugh a little. The laugh was more of an uncomfortable laugh because he was clearly flirting with me.

"I wanted to meet you again." He says

"You went through all of that?"

"Yes." He says smiling, staring into my eyes. "You don't know what I went through to track you down."

"You know I'm still with Chris, right?"

"That's what I hear but doesn't he have a baby on the way, or some shit like that?" He asks, seemingly being an asshole.

"No."

"Are you sure about that? He kinda has a track record for lying." He says

"What do you want, Drake?" I say, dismissing his comment.

"Aubrey." He corrects me, smiling.

"Aubrey..." I mock him, "What do you want?"

"I know you felt what I felt when we met in Miami. I couldn't stop thinking about you, I haven't stopped thinking about you." He corrects himself. "When I heard the news about the baby, I figured y'all would break up and I could shoot my shot. I've been watching you for a while. So......I'm here.....let me shoot my shot, Mami." He says

"Mami..." I say to myself, holding his gaze.

"You want a drink?" He says moving closer.

"Is this still a business meeting?" I ask

"If you want it to be. We still have business to discuss but if you want a drink, I'll order you a drink. Whatever you want, it's your world." He says

"That's fine. As long as we get to the business."

"Oh ima always get to that." He smiles signaling for the waitress and she walks over, "Write this down." He says to the waitress. "Passion fruit, watermelon, and tequila, on ice and in a wine glass...and..." he looks at me, waiting for my order.

"I'll just take a Vodka soda with a splash of lime. Thank you." She leaves. 

He looks at me and is like he's looking through to my soul. It's weird but also a little intriguing.

His phone rings in his pocket. He takes it out, ignores the call and looks back at me and smiles.

"Not going to answer?" I ask

"Nope." He says. "I'm in a meeting."

I look around and notice a few guys dressed in all black around the restaurant.

"You're here with security?" I ask

"I can't go anywhere without them." He says

"Interesting." I say

The eye contact he's holding with me is crazy. He's talking to me with his eyes and I know what the conversation is. I refuse to engage with that conversation.

The waitress comes back with our drinks. She sires them down in front of us and walk away.

I look at Drake, "So, you're looking for representation?" I ask

He smiles, "Yes, do you want the job or nah? Because I'm pretty much sold. I only had him set the meeting up because I wanted to see you."

"You'd be my biggest client." I say somewhat thinking about it.

"I know and this could be great for your new firm. You want to start your own right?" He asks

"Yeah, how'd you know?" I ask taking a sip of my drink.

He smiles, "I have my sources. So...?"

"I don't know Aubrey, you and my man have some kind of beef going on and I should talk to him first."

"Does he run your business?" He asks and I watch him take a sip of his drink. He thinks he's so fine but it comes off as cocky.

"No but—."

He sits up in his chair, "I'm willing to let you use my name to get your law firm off the ground. And let me tell you something, Mami. You're not married to that nigga. You don't have to run anything by him. It's solely your decision for your business. He ain't even gonna be around much longer." He says taking another swig of his drink.

"No, I don't have to run anything by him but it's a respect thing. So can I get back to you?" I ask

"I'll give you until tomorrow." I nod my head, "So now that that's out of the way, when you gonna let me take you out?"

"Not gonna happen." I laugh. "Didn't I just say something about respect?" I say, finishing up my drink.

"Why isn't it gonna happen?" He asks and my phone goes off. I look at it and I see that it's Chris, saying he's outside.

"It's unprofessional, Mr. Graham." I smile, then stand up to leave.

He grabs my hand, "Hold on, Mami. I'm going to need to get in contact with you. Let me get your number."

"Get it from Billy. But please only contact me if it's for business." I say, then I gather my things and leave.

I step outside the restaurant and Chris is right in front, waiting on me. He gets out, walks over to the passenger side, opens my door and helps me in the car. Once I'm in, he gets in and we drive off.

We stop at a light and he grabs my hand and intertwined our fingers, "How was the meeting?" He asks looking at my hand.

"Interesting." Is all I say

"Why Interesting?" He asks holding my hand up to his mouth and kissing the back of it.

"Drake was there."

"For what?" He asks nonchalantly.

"The potential client was his lawyer. He was meeting with me for him. They want me to join their team. And if I take the job, he'll be my biggest client, which could be huge for me and my firm." I say

"You're right, that's interesting." He says

"You don't have anything to say about it?" Why is he so cool with this? I thought he'd have something to say.

"No, why should I?" He asks

"Because you don't like him."

"I don't but that's your business. If you feel it's a good business decision, then I'm not gonna stand in the way of that. Do what you gotta do, babe." He says

I look over at him, "Why are you so understanding?"

He looks down at my hand again, "Ima put a ring on this hand. We have to talk about a ring for you." He says completely ignoring my question.

"Huh? We don't have to talk about that."

"We will." Is all he says ignoring me again.

Why does it seem like he's not even mentally here with me? He's my focus on my hand then when I'm actually saying to him.

We were silent for a while, until I spoke, "Where are we going?"

"Well, after we go to the jeweler, there's an art show. Have you ever been to one?" He asks

"No."

"It'll be fun." He says

The light turns green and he drives off.

🤔 What did you think about this chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 252 7
❝ why cant you let me be happy for once chris. why dont you like him? what did he ever do to you ❞ ❝ maybe because he is with the girl π˜ͺ want ❞ β‚ŠΛšβŠΉ...
47.3K 2.5K 52
When Brody challenges his stepfather who tries to rape him, his "step-loser" as he calls him has his revenge by throwing acid in Brody's face. Brody...
271K 5.1K 104
"I didn't want a fight." I look down in my lap sadly, "That's one of the reasons why I didn't want to tell you." Chris walks over and sits...
896K 49.1K 107
"I love you god knows I do but I can't do this. I can't. I put up with the phone calls, the text messages, social media, random chicks, not coming ho...