Concrete Rose (Dave East)

By dee_rae

"Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete? Provin nature's laws wrong it learned ho... More

Copyright ©️
Chapter 1
Announcement.
Chapter 2
Announcement
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
❤️❤️
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
New book cover
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
My heart is broken.
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Announcement.
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
IM BACK BITCHES 👏🏾
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Update
Update part 2
#MiyaMarcano

Chapter 47

19.5K 668 204
By dee_rae

Merry late ass Christmas guys. I had to work on Christmas 8-5 because there were like 5 cruise ships in. So I didn't even get to enjoy the holiday. Im just so tired. I already have like three chapters written just need to get them posted. We're almost at 400k. Thanks guys. I really appreciate y'all. I'm so grateful that y'all are sticking by me.

Excuse any mistake. Don't forget to follow share and vote.

Chapter 47

Layla laid on top of Rell staring him in the face. He had a hard time falling asleep the night before but it was already after 9 AM and they had a 11 am appointment.

"Wake up," she whispered. "Hellllooo."

Rell laid asleep still not aware of Layla's action. She continued to probe at his face and whisper in his ear until he began to stir awake.

"Seriously," he grumbled.

"You gotta wake up," she told him. "You been asleep forever and I miss you."

Rell rubbed her back. "You're not light," he said kissing her forehead.

She smiled in his face. Rell continued to caress her back as he made his way down to her ass. He lifted her Fenty silk slip over her ass and began to rub it.

"What do we have to do other than the appointment?"

"Nothing really," she said sticking her face into his neck. "I really just wanna lay up under you for the day."

Rell laughed. "I know. But we have a day date remember."

"What do you have plan," she mumbled.

Rell moved so he could sit up and Layla curled up against him. "After your appointment I'm taking you to the spa then we'll continue from there."

"You treat me so good," she moaned in his ear as she began kissing on him. "I love you."

Rell was smiling bright as he kissed her deeply. "Okay lets go."

Layla rolled her eyes as she got up off the bed first. Rell smacked her ass as she ran to the bathroom. "Keep playing with me," he yelled laughing.

———————————————-
Rell walked into the kitchen and found Layla on FaceTime with Maddison.

"So you're going to the pool," Layla yelled while flipping pancake. "Oh Pooh I wish I was invited."

"Me and Kali we go eat," Maddison replied. "Then we go pool."

Rell smiled when he heard his baby girl on the phone. He stood in front of the camera waving at her.

"Dadda I go pool with Kali," she yelled.

"You got some floaties?"

Maddison nodded and lifted up a box of inflatable cuffs. "Look. Pink."

"I see mamas." A plate was put in front of Maddison and she began eating. "What you eating."

Maddison held up a waffle to show her father. "Dadda it's a waffle."

Rell nodded and continued to speak to her as Layla made breakfast.

"Bye bye Dadda. I go now."

Layla looked back. "She isn't even studying me no more."

"Bye bye mamas," Rell said before she hung up on him. "She's having fun with her cousin."

"I miss her," Layla pouted.

Rell walked behind of her as she flipped the last pancake. "Think about what we could be doing while she's gone."

Layla jumped as he bent her over. "You're gonna burn my nipple off Rell."

He laughed and moved from behind her. "I'll get the plates. What you want to drink?"

"I should have a Mango Melon Sobe in there."

"I drunk that last night."

Layla's head snap back. "You're kidding me."

"Sorry I was really thirsty."

Layla turned off the stove after placing the last pancake in the platter. "Foods ready," she mumbled slightly upset.

"You're not mad right," he asked.

"No," she said not looking up. She reached passed him and grabbed a bottled water.

"It's not that serious Layla."

"I said I'm not mad," she repeated.

Rell nodded and they sat down and ate in silence.

"I'll wash up," he said when they were finished.

Layla nodded and left the kitchen. Once Rell was finished, he went in search for her and found her putting on a pair of sneakers.

"You ready?"

Layla nodded and picked up her phone.

"You look beautiful," he told her as he admired her outfit.

"Thanks," she mumbled.

She stayed silent as he followed him to the car. He opened the door for her and she thanked him.

When Rell hopped in the car he didn't move to press start. He turned towards her, "so you not talking to me?"

"I am," she said still sitting forward.

"Look at me," he said. When she ignored him he repeated it again. "You know something I'm not doing this."

Rell pressed start and pulled off.

Layla remained silent majority of the car ride. She was upset because he drank her juice. A juice that was very hard to find. She had one rule in the house do not drink her Sobe.

"You didn't have to drink my juice," she said out loud. "You know it's hard for me to find and it was my last one."

"It's a drink Layla. You need to stop with the attitude," he spoke.

"First off it's not just a drink. It's the principal."

Rell pulled into the parking lot of the doctor's office and parked up. "Look at me."

Layla turned slowly and looked at him. "Stop with the fucking attitude. I'll find you a next pack of the drink Layla."

"What I don't understand is that we have a whole drink refrigerator and you go and drink my juice."

Rell stepped out the car and went around to her side opening the door. "Are you gonna get out?"

"Don't you hear me talking to you?"

"I told you I'm not doing this. Over a fucking drink Layla. Grow up."

Layla was shocked. When he saw her reaction he shook his head. "Cmon man."

Layla got out the car and he pulled her into a hug. "I'm sorry baby." He knew how much she loved the drinks and he didn't realize it was the last drink. However he wanted her to get out of this privilege lifestyle. He had no issues spoiling her but when it came to simple shit he didn't like how she reacted.

Layla hugged him back tight. "I'm sorry for being a spoiled bitch."

"Nah you just dramatic baby."

"Please don't drink my juice anymore."

Rell nodded. "I gotchu. Gimme a kiss."

Layla bent her head up and he reached down. Layla moaned into his mouth as he held her face. A passing car honked and they pulled away slowly.

"I should get you upset more if this is how you're gonna kiss me. I like that," she smiled.

"Cmon before were late," he said pulling her away laughing.

Layla walked behind with a huge smile on her face. "Okay daddy."

Rell open the door to the doctor's office allowing her to enter first. They walked up the receptionist and checked in.

"The doctor will be with you shortly. Did you drink the 32 oz already," the lady spoke.

"Yes."

Rell and Layla sat in the waiting area for a few minutes before being called into the back. This was her second doctor's visit since finding out and Rell's first visit.

Rell squeezed her hand as they entered the cold exam room. A nurse popped her head in and gave Layla a gown to change into.

Rell sat back and watched her take off her clothes. "You so beautiful," he smiled.

"Stop," she blushed. "Don't look."

"Ain't nothing I ain never seen before."

Layla turned around as she changed into the provided gown. She folded her clothes and placed them on Rell's lap and then jumped up on the table.

Rell watched her from where he sat admiring her. "How's work?"

"They finally hired three nurses so my workload isn't bad."

"Tell me when it's becomes too much okay?"

Layla nodded. "I will. I promise."

There was a knock at the door and Dr. Johansson entered. "My new mom to be how are you today?"

"I'm good," Layla smiled.

"And dad to be are you excited?"

"Hell yeah," he laughed.

Dr. Johansson sat on the chair and wheeled over infront of Layla. "Okay first things first how has your pregnancy been?"

"Good I guess. I don't really have morning sickness. I'm just always hungry."

The doctor nodded as she jotted down notes. "And are you taking your prenatal pills regularly?"

"Every evening. I was told that's the best time."

"For some woman yes and since it's agreeing with you please continue." The doctor continued to ask her questions regarding her health as far as dieting and sleep. "So your pressure is good. We'll draw some blood before you leave."

Dr. Johansson stood up and pulled the portable sonogram closer to Layla. Rell stood and held her hand.
"So I'm gonna do both a transvaginal ultrasound and a sonogram."

Layla nodded and sat back so she could put her legs on the stirrups. When Dr. Johansson placed a condom over the transducer, Rell scrunched his face up. "Wait you putting that in her?"

"Yes, I want to see the placement of the placenta to make sure it's not detaching," she told him. "It's only going three centimeters up plus it will have lube on it. She may have some discomfort though."

Rell watched Layla and she nodded. "It's okay,"'she told him.

Rell looked away but held onto her hand the entire time. The sounds of the baby heartbeat echoed through the room making Rell turn back.

Layla squeezed his hand, "oh my gosh."

Rell kissed her forehead as Dr. Johansson continued checking out her pelvic region. "Everything looks good."

She removed the transducer and switched the machine over so she could do a quick sonogram. The gel was placed on Layla's lower abdomen and an image popped up immediately.

"Look," she pointed out to Rell.

"Is it a girl?"

"Would you both like to know the sex?"

"Noooo," Layla yelled. "I'll give you the email address of my best friend she's planning the reveal."

Rell nodded along and the doctor agreed. "So your pregnancy is on the right track. You are 17 weeks I'm going to schedule you for another checkup at 25 weeks. Any questions? Concerns?"

Rell cheered his throat, "about sex, Umm?"

"Yes you can have sex however as she progresses in her pregnancy you may want to try the spooning position to avoid any accidents."

Layla looked down embarrassed. "Oh my gosh."

"It's a very common questions. Don't be embarrassed. Keep an eye out for any changes likes pain, discharge or bleeding."

"Thanks doc," Rell smiled.

De. Johansson left and Layla changed back into her clothes. Once they exited the exam room, Layla went to the bathroom while Rell scheduled her next appointment. She met him in the lobby and they left together.
——————————————————

Layla head bopped to the music as they drove. She saw that he was on the route back home.

"What about our day date," she asked him.

"We're heading there now," Rell replied reaching over to hold her hand. "You hungry?"

"Yea," she nodded.

Within a few minutes they were pulling in front of the house. Rell lead her around the house instead of through the front door.

"Where are we going," she asked.

"It's a surprise." He stopped and came around her to tie a blindfold around her eyes.

She ducked quickly. "Nuh uh my lashes are still fresh. I just got them done."

"I'm not gonna tie it tight."

She nodded and allowed him to tie it. He guided her past the pool onto the patio.

He slowly untied the blindfold. "Surprise."

In front of her was a lunch spread. The table was filled with a few of her favorites. Plantain, Mac and cheese, avocado and something new, pineapple bowls. "How did you do this?"

A few weeks ago she discovered pineapple bowls while scrolling on Instagram. She told him it was something she would like to try someday.

"I told you we were having a day date. First stop is lunch," he responded as he pulled her chair out for her to sit.

She thanked him as she sat down. Layla blessed the food and dug in immediately. "Oh my gosh this is so good."

Rell looked up at her and laughed. "I knew you would like it."

They ate and spoke the entire time, enjoying each other's presence.
———————————————————

Once they were finishing eating, Layla volunteered to clean up.

"You don't have to do it," he spoke.

"I want to," she told him.

Rell nodded. "We're going for a swim so I'll get us something to wear."

By time he reached back to the guest house she was finishing up rinsing. "You finished?"

Layla nodded. Rell took her hand and walked her to a nearby bedroom.

"I love this guesthouse," she said. "We should come out here more often."

"Shit real nice."

Layla took off her sweatsuit and Rell watched her from the mirror. He sat on the bed admiring her.

"I think I'm gonna shower first," she spoke. When he didn't reply she looked up and saw him watching her. "What?"

"Just admiring my wife," he smiled.

Layla blushed as she attempted to hide her body. "Stopppppp."

"Nah Come here," he said lowly.

And that was it. Layla felt something snap inside her as she began walking to him slowly. It seemed as though everyday her attraction for him increase as her love for him tenfold.

Rell sat on the bed as she stood in front of him, her breast directly in his face. He hugged her body as he began kissing on her chest.

When he slipped a nipple into his mouth, Layla tensed up. "My breast are tender."

Rell nodded as he continued his journey. Eventually he made it down to her stomach as he gripped her ass with his bare hands.

She gripped his head to keep from falling. Rell stood and picked her up immediately. He walked them to the connecting bathroom as Layla pulled at his clothes.

——————————————
"So much for swimming," Layla said as they laid in bed. "I still wanna swim."

Rell got up and threw her the bathing suit he brought her. "Let's go then."

Layla smiled and got up to change. When she emerged from the bathroom, Rell was all smiles.

*** she was 7 months here 😂

"Look at my babies."

Layla did a twirl as he pulled out his phone taking pictures.

"Okay let's go, I have a surprise for you."

Layla followed behind him as they walked towards the pool. As she stepped outside she was surprises at the set up, a whole spa team awaited her.

"You didn't," she laughed. "This is for me?"

Rell nodded and kissed her forehead. "All for you. I wanted you to get the whole packages— hands, feet and body massage."

Layla turned her head quickly. Rell knew she was getting emotional.

"Nuh uhh," he told her. "No crying."

"You're amazing," she laughed wiping her face. "Why are you so amazing?"

Rell hugged her as she composed herself. "You're staying with me. We're getting your nails and feet done too. I'm tired of you scratching me with your claws."

"I don't want nobody touching my feet."

"Pleaseeeee," she begged. "You really need a pedicure."

Rell pretend he didn't hear her as he called the team over. Layla was pulled into a chair as they began her pedicure.

Rel was placed right next to her in the same position. She reached over and held his hand. "So why bring the spa to me?"

"I read that the smell of a nail salon is bad for pregnancy."

"You read?"

Rell sideeyed her.

"No I mean you're reading a pregnancy book?"

He nodded. "I found one of yours."

Layla laughed. "I am missing the one with the pink cover,"

"Yup that's it."

————————————

Layla laid on her side as she received her massage. Rell laid on his stomach with his head turned towards her.

"Where's Summer?"

"She came back last night and left this morning," Layla told him. "Apparently she has a meet and greet today that she forgot about."

Rell nodded. "Have you guys talked about y'all mother?"

"Yeah."

Rell felt the hesitation and decided against pushing forward. "What are we doing for Thanksgiving?"

"Eating."

"Well no shit. I mean are we inviting everyone over?"

Layla nodded. "If you want to. This is our house. We make decisions together."

"Okay. I don't mind."

"I'll let them know. We have a few days to plan. Thanksgiving is this Thursday right?"

"Yeah."

"What you want to eat?"

"The basics."

Layla shook her head. "My thanksgiving is different from y'all. I'm gonna make baked Mac and cheese, rice and peas, ham, turkey, BBQ meatballs, potato salad, potato stuffing and coleslaw. We still gonna need pies and tarts."

"What the fuck You need all that food for?"

Layla shrugged. "That's just how we do it back home. I don't like yams."

"Have you ever had yams?"

"No."

Rell paid her no mind. She had this habit of not liking things without trying them. "Well you're not cooking all of that by yourself."

"Of course not, my dad will help. Nadirah is familiar with how to make it since I do it every year and I'm pretty sure you would help me too. Right?"

"I mean, I think there is a ummm a game that day so umm."

Layla shrugged. "Guess you won't be eating then."

"Don't play me like that," he laughed. "You know I would help you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.2K 3.2K 49
It's really a simple story about two people from similar walks of life.. crossing paths what happens when it comes down to saving myself or you situa...
8.7K 324 25
*PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE* Simone is another victim of the system who ran from foster home to foster home, due to the mistakes of her mother and fathe...
8.4K 376 60
Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete? Proving nature's laws wrong it learned how to walk without havin feet Funny it se...
8.3K 664 35
David has a huge, life-ruining, crush on Alyssa Harvard (who is only about one billion times out of his league). As if that wasn't enough of a proble...