Concrete Rose (Dave East)

De dee_rae

"Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete? Provin nature's laws wrong it learned ho... Mais

Copyright ©️
Chapter 1
Announcement.
Chapter 2
Announcement
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
❤️❤️
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
New book cover
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
My heart is broken.
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Announcement.
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
IM BACK BITCHES 👏🏾
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Update
Update part 2
#MiyaMarcano

Chapter 46

20.1K 653 315
De dee_rae

I've been working nonstop trying to make some money. I'm out from school for another three weeks or so. I've even been binge watching Charmed again as well.

Quick questions where are my readers from? I wanna know and tell me your age as well.

I'm from St. Thomas USVI and I'm making 21 on December 19. Which is Wednesday.

I hope y'all enjoy this Chapter. I just love me some Rell and Layla.
Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share.
———————————————————
Chapter 46

Layla was awaken by the ringing of a phone. She groaned when she realized that Summer was still sleeping. They had fallen asleep in the movie room while catching up on some Star.

"Summer," Layla whined. "Your phone."

Summer was knocked out cold not even acknowledging Layla who tried to ignore the sound. After a few minutes the phone began ringing again and again.

Layla kicked her feet as she reached over for Summer's phone. Layla's heart stopped once she saw who was calling.

Momma 👩🏾‍🦱❤️ was etched across the screen. Layla stared at the contact photo. This was her mother, the lady who left her and never looked back.

The phone stopped ringing and started back again. Layla was conflicted. She had no idea how to feel about what was happening. Here lied a direct contact to the woman she wondered about her whole life. That had the answers to all her unasked questions.

She placed the phone down and left the room. Her heart rate didn't slow down a bit and she felt herself getting dizzy.

Her footsteps sped up as she searched for an exit. Despite being in her own home, her anxiety levels were through the roofs and her surrounding became blurred.

Tears burned at the rim of her eyes as all the emotions she held in about her deadbeat mother came to surface. Standing in the long hallway, the walls began enclosing on her.

Rell was leaving from his den when he saw her in the hall.

"Baby," he called out. He could see her hyperventilating. "Yooo baby calm down. What's wrong?"

Layla was hysterical and he couldn't understand anything she was saying. "Okay you need to breathe."

Rell held her face in his hands as he coached her. "Cmon baby. You gotta breathe."

Layla cried out as her breathing became normal again. "What if I'm a bad mother," she said.

"What," Rell asked confused. "You have to stop crying."

Once she caught herself, Rell helped her to regain her composure. "Summer's phone was ringing. I picked it up and it was her mother— my mother," she croaked. "What if I'm a bad mother?"

"That's impossible. You're an amazing mother to Maddison."

"But I will never be Chanel. Chanel is her mom. Was her mom, oh my gosh."

Rell was utterly confused. "Cmon," he said. He lifted her quickly and walked upstairs. "It's gonna be okay baby."

Rell took her to a room he had closed off due to construction. Layla looked around. "What is this?"

"A relax room," he responded. "With my trouble sleeping and your pregnancy I wanted to make a room for us to relax. You can do your yoga and mediation and shit."

Layla laid her head on his chest. "I'm afraid that I will be like my mother."

Rell shook his head as he rubbed her back. "Never. Don't say that. You and I both know you will be an amazing mom. When it came to Maddison you picked up quick."

Layla remained quiet as Rell continued. "I can't picture anybody else mothering my kids. Don't ever doubt yourself okay?"

Layla nodded. "Okay."

"You need to have a sit down with her," Rell spoke. "You've been avoiding it long enough. You need closure."

"But I know why she left already."

"But you need to hear it from her or you will continue to feel like this."

"I don't want to meet her," Layla groaned.

"Why?"

"I just don't want to."

"Because your afraid."

"I'm not," she spoke.

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not," she challenged.

"Having her tell you herself that she abandoned you is only gonna break your heart more but you need to hear it to move on."

Of course Layla knew this was true but just didn't want to admit it.

"I'll talk to her only if you agree to go to therapy."

Rell looked at her confused. "What I need therapy for?"

"You and I both know you're suffering from PTSD," Layla told him. "It's been months since the incident and you haven't been sleeping good. Getting high isn't gonna make it better."

"I don't have PTSD."

"Yes you do. Now I'm not psychiatrist but I know enough to tell you. After the whole Josiah attack, I had PTSD. I couldn't sleep, eat, nothing. That's the main reason I took so long to get in contact with you. I started to fail at school and fucking up at work."

"Yeah," he asked. He knew about her failing at school but they never really spoke about it.

She nodded. "At first I couldn't even close my eyes. I would see him. Then I kept thinking about what if you didn't reach in time. Eventually I did talk therapy and yoga. Both helped me relax and move on."

Rell nodded. "I don't need to see no doctor I'm good."

"You're not," she told him. "I want you to know it's okay. Trauma is trauma. Please just do a few sessions. If it's not working we'll find something else to do."

"Okay. As long as you speak to your mother."

"Deal."

Layla continued to lay on him. "I don't know what I'll do without you."

Rell kissed her check. "I need you too."

The couple continued to lay in the silence just enjoying the moment.

"When are we getting married," Layla asked him.

"It's a surprise."

"Howww? It's a wedding."

"I'm doing the planning," he said shushing her. "The day of the wedding you'll know."

"So I can't pick out my own dress?"

"That's the only thing you're responsible for."

Layla shook her head. "Whatever you say."

Rell laughed. "Cmon Let's go eat."

"We're always eating."

"That's true."

——————————————

Rell carried Layla to the kitchen on his back. He placed her on the bar stool and went around the island.

"What can I cook for you today," he asked.

"Surprise me."

"Bettttt."

"I don't want no hotdog and Mac and cheese either."

Rell looked back at her. "Yea yea."

Layla leaned back and watched him work around the kitchen. She watched him as he pulled out the slice bread and cheese.

"Oh hell naw Rell. I don't want no sandwich," Layla laughed.

"I was gonna make grilled cheese."

"Really Gabriel? I'll cook then."

When she got up he stopped her. "Nah I wanna cook for you."

"But you can't cook."

"Well walk me through it."

Layla looked at him skeptically. "Okay. How about some baked ziti?"

"How you make that?"

"So we're doing it my way. Take the chicken breast and Italian sausage out the freezer and run the hot water over it."

Rell did as told. Soon the pasta was boiling and the meat was seasoned and cooking. Rell sat next to her as she scrolled through the applications for INSOMNIA.

"How's it going?"

"I'm setting aside the applications of those with experience. Gonna call them later."

Rell nodded and lifted her feet into his lap. He began massaging them and she smiled at him. "Are you obsessed with my feet?"

He nodded. "I hate feet but I love yours."

"Okay weirdo."

"You off tomorrow again right," he asked her.

When she nodded, he continued. "I'm taking you on a date. We doing a day long date."

"Mmmmm. Sounds good."

Layla continued to guide him on how to make one of her favorite dishes. "Now you gonna get a small pot and mix cheese, milk, butter and the cut up season."

"The same season I put in the chicken?"

"Yes. You have to season the pasta or it'll be fresh."

Rell followed her directions. The Mac and cheese was mixed with the meat and placed into a baking pan. "Now cover it and put it in the oven. It just needs to bake in. You can put some garlic bread in the oven as well."

"How did you learn to cook?"

"My father. We ain't had a whole lot of fast food joints to choose from so eventually I learned how to cook."

Summer entered the kitchen. "Hey," she said yawning.

"Your mom called," Layla said. "Everything okay?"

"She knows I'm here with you," Summer responded. "She called apologizing. Sorry for not telling me that I had a sister."

Layla remained quiet then nodded slowly.

"She wants to meet you."

"I'll give y'all some privacy," Rell said as he left the kitchen.

"For what," Layla asked trying to control her emotions.

"To explain everything. I told her you'll come to her when you are ready but now is not the time."

"Thanks."

Summer came over and hugged her. "Everything is gonna get better. Did you speak to dad today?"

Layla shook her head. "Nah. Does he know you're here?"

"Nope."

"Is it weird for you to call him dad?"

"Nah," Summer shook her head. "We talk everyday it's like I've always know him."

"He's amazing."

"Mom is amazing too. Before all of this, we had the best relationship. I hope you get to experience that with her."

Layla shrugged. "You hungry? Rell cooked."

"He can cook?"

"Not really But I walked him through this. Take the food out the oven for me please while I go get them."

Summer nodded and Layla went in search for the two. She entered Maddison's play room and found them lying on the floor.

"I can get use to this," Layla smiled.

"Mama," Maddison jumped up.

"Hey baby. You hungry?"

She nodded quickly.

Rell got up as Layla turned to walk out. "You okay," he whispered to her.

"Yeah," she smiled at him.

——————————————————

Layla and Summer sat in the strip club portion of INSOMNIA.

"So we need fifteen strippers. We will have them audition in threes," Layla spoke out loud. "You agree?"

Summer nodded. "You ready?"

"Yup," Layla responded. Then she called for the first three girls to come out. She introduced herself them gave the directions. "All y'all have to do is freestyle to the music."

Summer was in control of the music and started off with Act Up by City Girls. The three girls began moving and doing pole tricks and Layla nodded her head in approval.

Since she had headshots of every girl she was able to jot down notes on each girl to help her narrow down her options.

"Girl 4-6 please," Summer yelled.

Wit the Shits by Meek Mill played next and the girls went to work.

Layla's head bopped along as she vibed to the music. "Girls 7-9 please."

Within an hour they were more than halfway through. Layla was exhausted. Rell walked in while they were on break with food in his hand.

"Wassup," he asked before kissing her on the cheek. "I brought you that chicken salad you like."

"Thank you baby," Layla smiled. "You staying?"

"If you want me to."

Layla nodded. "We'll start back up in ten minutes."

Rell sat in between them. Summer had already dug into her food. "Thanks bro," she said.

"Both y'all are fat asses," he commented and Layla rolled her eyes as she opened up her salad.

"This shit be so good," she moaned. When she took the first bite Rell reached over.

"Gimme some."

"You really pushing it," Layla replied. "I always share but not today. I'm eating for two."

"Greedy ass."

They finished eating and Layla called in the next set of girls. "31, 32, 33 please."

Summer pressed play and Going Bad by Meek Mill and Drake began.

Number 33 began doing pole tricks and Layla was impressed. She looked over to Summer and gave a nod. The other two girls were okay but nothing jaw dropping.

The next group began and one girl got hyped up immediately. She hopped onto the pole and turned upside down. Immediately she fell straight down.

"Oh shit," Summer yelled. "You good boo?"

She jumped up and nodded. "I'm just a little nervous."

"Umm you should probably sit this one out," Layla said unsure. The girl began swaying. "Okay umm get me chair."

The bouncers brought over a chair and helped the girl into it. "Bring her some water please." Layla got up and checked to see if she had a concussion. "No concussion but you should relax."

The girl nodded and Layla went back to sit. The music resume and the auditions continued. When the next group came out, things began spicing up.

"What the hell," Rell asked when he saw the one girl upside down. "Is she standing on the ceiling?"

Layla was just as surprised. "She better not fall because that's a lawsuit," she whispered.

"Go girl," Summer yelled. "Shake that ass."

One of the other girls began swinging around the pole like a gymnast.

"Oh okay," Layla nodded. "I like her."

Once all fifty girls auditioned, Layla called the top twenty five in by their numbers. Kam walked in just in time. She was suppose to be here from the beginning but got caught up with work. 

"I'm here, I'm here," she said out of breath with Kali right behind her. "Damnnnnn it's nice as fuck in here."

"TeeTee La," Kali screamed running to Layla.

"I missed you so much," Layla said lifting her.

Kam took Kali back. "Rell not about to curse me for having you lift her. Hey Summer boo."

Summer waved back. "Hi Kam."

Rell stood up. "Was good sis? Thought Jace was coming."

"He downstairs looking for food with his fat ass."

Layla, Kam and Nadirah FaceTimed almost everyday so despite not seeing each other in person as much, they still had their bond.

"I missed y'all," Layla spoke as they both hugged. "Y'all need to come over to the new house."

Kam nodded. "This weekend. Big sleepover. Just remind Nadirah."

"I'll take her upstairs to Maddison," Rell volunteered. Kali smiled once Rell lifted her. "You missed me Kali?"

She nodded her head and waved to her mother as she exited.

Kam dropped her gym bag, "so these are the top 25," she asked.

"Yup, they're all yours."

Layla sat back with Summer as Kam began peeling of her clothes leaving her in a sports bra and thong.

"I know she not about to shake her ass in a thong," Layla mumbled.

Summer tried to hide her laughter as the other girls watched Kam like she was insane.

"Okay so i'm gonna do a simple routine and I need y'all to follow. And a 5 6 7 8," she began.

Layla watched as Kam began dancing, she was surprised on how good she was.

"Left right left and up."

"Pop and pop to the left."

"Then down and hit 1 2 3 4."

"And drop."

"Turn and pop that ass."

Layla turned her head sideways. "Rell lucky I'm pregnant. Would've done this to him."

Kam went over the entire routine a couple more times and soon the girls were divided into groups of five.

"Okay group one. Let's go 5 6 7 8 and left right left and up."

———————————————
Auditions were finally over and Layla stood to congratulate the new hires. Rell entered with Jace next to him.

"So I've set the grand opening to be next Saturday," Rell began. He explained all the rule and regulations of the facility while they signed an employee contract. "Any issues you have you can take it up with my wife. As far as scheduling you will have two days off a week. The club opens at 7 PM and closes at 5 AM."

Layla laid her head on Summer's shoulder as Rell continued his meeting. It was basically the same he held with the bartenders, bottle girls, bouncers, chefs and attendants.

They were all giving an employee handbook. Rell played no games when it came to his business. Everything was organized and legal.

Once the meeting was over the girls left and Rell woke Layla up. "Let's go baby."

"I'm tired," she said sleepily. "Where's Maddison?"

"She's gonna have a sleepover with Kali, since it's Friday, you okay with it?"

"Of course. Let me tell her bye first."

Maddison ran into the room with Kali suddenly and Layla bent down to her height. "You're gonna have a sleepover babe?"

Maddison nodded smiling big. "Me and Kali."

"Have fun okay don't stay up too late," Layla said kissing her forehead.

"Bye bye," Maddison said. She turned to her father and they said their goodbyes.

"You ready to go home," he asked Layla.

She nodded. She looked over and saw Summer on her phone laughing.

Summer looked up. "Is it okay if I take an Uber from here and meet some friends?"

Layla nodded. "You're an adult, go have some fun boo."

Rell walked Layla out of INSOMNIA after locking up. On the drive home she had already fallen asleep. When he pulled up, he lifted her out and took her straight to the bathroom.

Layla felt Rell undressing her and could hear the bath water running. Soon she was lifted off her feet and placed in the warm water.

"Come," she mumbled her eyes barely open.

Rell reached down to her level. "You want me to come in?"

She nodded slowly and he did as requested. Layla leaned back on him as he made himself comfortable. Rell held her baby bump from behind, gently rubbing it.

Layla moaned in comfort as Rell kissed her neck. "Don't forget my sonogram tomorrow."

"I know baby," he said. "You still want to do a gender reveal?"

"Yea," she responded. "Nadirah wants to plan it."

Rell hugged her and smiled down at her. "We really doing this baby."

"Doing what?"

"Raising a family, growing an empire."

"Okay Lucious Lyon," she joked.

Rell pulled her head back and connected their lips. "You think you're a comedian," he mumbled against her lips. She smiled against his and then bit him.

Rell's hand traveled to her throat as he held her still and slipped his tongue into her mouth. Layla moaned as she caressed his face.

The two laid in the tub enjoying each other company until the water turned cold.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

79 11 16
Its the 2nd installment of "please wait your turn"2 Its about our Badboy redflag Millionaire trust fund baby Daniel Garcia who is still unsure of he...
210K 13.7K 31
Sophia is sat in a bar with only a large glass of wine for company, quietly nursing a broken heart. When a charismatic stranger approaches her, he's...
218K 4.9K 30
"Don't play a game with a girl who can play better. " Lola Gray, the daughter of the gangster Polly Gray. Being in the Shelby family was hard enough...
496K 16.3K 22
"I have heard many rumours about you, Mr Shelby." "Anything of interest?" "I could write a whole book about you, Mr Shelby." The smog ridden city had...