Chances are....

By CandidKeeks

In this story we'll be following the lives of Justine Halloway and Bradley Jameston. Justine, a suburban brow... More

1. Meet Justine
2. Meet Bradley
3. Saying Hello
4. Bad News
5. He's hot
6. As Always
7. Nothing new to me
8. Not so bad
9. Go hard or go home
10. What are the odds?
11. If you don't mind...
12. Pool party...??
13. I'm an idiot
14. Trust me will ya?
15. Firsts for everything
16. Bittersweet Farewell
17. Home Sweet Home
18. Emotional Meadows
19. But wait there's more
20. Well that was....eventful.
21. Can I kidnap your stuffed monkey?
22. Moving In
23. Mini Golfing?
25. Mind Games
26. Talk to him.
27. Fuck you
Update
28. Too fancy
29. Resolved Issues?
30. Something Changed
31. Monster

24. What do YOU want?

3K 195 28
By CandidKeeks

Bradley

After about a 30 minute drive to the golf course Justine and I played 4 or 5 holes before she got hungry.

"So now that I've beaten you a total of 3 times, I win." she grinned and swatted me with the club.

"Technically I win because I'm the holder of the car keys." I held the keys up as I walked back towards the counter and returned our clubs.

"So wait, we're not getting food?" she asked trailing behind me.

"Depends." I glanced over my shoulder at her.

"I hope you enjoyed your game sir." the red head spoke from behind the counter.

"I did thank you, let's go." I grabbed Justine's hand and headed for my car.

I opened her door and walked around to get in. "It's too damn cold for this. What the hell kind of bipolar weather is this?"

"It's the end of August what do you expect?" Justine countered as she shut the door and turned on the radio.

"No." I turned it back off..

"Why not?"

"Because you're trying to avoid an inevitable conversation, which we are about to have. Right now."

"I am not. I have no idea what you're talking about." she reached for her headphones and I quickly grabbed them.

"What are you so afraid of?" I gripped the steering wheel as I drove towards campus

"I'm not afraid of anything, can you not grip the steering wheel so tight?" I loosened my grip and sighed. "Am I really not good enough for you?"

"What are you talking about? I never said-"

I pulled over and shut the car off facing her. "You never said what?"

"I- I never said that- that you weren't good enough. Look, I have my own issues to work out. I don't want to drag you into my problems."

"What problems Justine? What? I want you and everything that comes along with you. Why can't you see that? Huh?"

she didn't say anything, she just stared at me.

"Here we go again. You're just gonna stare at me. You know what, ok. Fine. You don't want this. Fine." I turned the car back on.

"Bradley I- you just-"

"Save it. Let's get you back to your dorm."

"I thought we were gonna watch a movie." she looked confused, I wasn't going to force something she didn't want on her.

"I don't think that's such a good idea."

"Are you really upset about this?" she had no idea.

"Well, I'd say it was quite obvious, is it not?"

"I allowed myself to get too comfortable around you, I just need to back off a bit."

"You didn't have to 'allow' yourself, it was natural. I didn't plan that and neither did you Justine I didn't know you'd be at that hotel."

"To be honest, it was you who kissed me, this is all your fault. Technically speaking."

"So you really feel nothing right now? You're just ok with being 'friends'?"

"For now, yes."

"Well, I'm not and I can't help that." I pulled into her building's entrance and she paused before getting out and walking towards the door. I needed to say something. Anything.

"Justine. Wait." she froze. "At least let me walk you up" I grabbed her books from the backseat and got out.

By the time we got to her door we managed to say total of 2 words to each other.

"Thanks." word number 3. She unlocked her door and right before she walked in I grabbed her hand.

"I'm sorry, I let my emotions get the best of me. You have every right to want to slap me in the face if you want to."

She grabbed the books from my hands and disappeared behind a now closed door.

"Fuck." I pressed my forhead against the door.

"Bradley?" I looked in the direction of the voice.

"Oh hey Sam."

"Trouble in paradise?" she smirked.

"It's complicated." I turned to walk away.

"Hey listen, there's a party tonight, you should come. Let a load off. Ya know?"

"Party? I don't know I-"

"Oh c'mon it's not like Justine actually cares." I looked back in the direction of Justine's door and shrugged. "I guess you're right, what's the address?"

"Got a car?"

"Yeah I do actually." I laughed.

"Then what are you waiting for, let's go!" she laughed.

Justine

I sat my books down and as I turned walked to my bathroom I heard Sam's voice,

"Then what are you waiting for, let's go!"

"That little bitch!" I opened my door just in time to see her wrap her scrawny little hands around his arm.

"Seriously?" I questioned.

"Oh hey Justine. I didn't know you were here." Sam smiled.

"Cut the bullshit Sam, you know damn well I was here.Yaknow, I knew something was up with you the moment I met you but, whatever. Enjoy your night. I have class tomorrow."

I shut my door and stripped myself of Bradley clothes, and his stupid scent. "Asshole!" I grabbed my teddy bear and threw myself onto my bed, tossing my phone across the room in the process.

After lying under my blanket angrily for about 20 minutes I fell into a dreamless sleep. When I woke up the next morning I had one thing in my mind. Getting to class early.

I took a shower, brushed my teeth, put my hair in a bun, got dresses and out the door I went.

"Welcome to macroeconomics, today's class will be brief. You are free to leave after you've received your syllabus." I can already tell that Professor Conway would be my favorite professor. He's literally like an adult teenager...except he has a Santa Claus beard and a potbelly. He kind of reminds me of my old neighbor, may he rest in peace.

"Justine Halloway, I've heard great things about you, I presume you're enjoying the class so far?"

"Considering I get to leave after I receive a packet of papers, I grade this class an A+" I laughed as he handed my my papers.

"In that case, you're free to go! Enjoy the rest of your day, and I'll see you all back here on Wednesday. Correct?"

"Sure thing!" I waved and walked into the hallway checking my pockets. Where the hell is my phone, oh wait, yeah it's on the floor, right where I left it. Which reminds me I need to text my parents.

"Excuse me, miss?"

I cannot believe that asshole actually went out with Sam the Tramp last night, I mean yeah I don't know her but, precaution is necessary. I don't trust these girls.

"Miss?" I felt someone tap my shoulder. What the hell? Do you not see me pondering?

I cocked an eyebrow at the sudden intruder of my thoughts. Though I might add, his face made up for it. He had the most smooth caramel skin I've ever seen like, EVER.

"Justine, right?"

"Uh yeah, and you are?" I shifted my bag to my right shoulder as he walked beside me trying to match my pace.

"Tristan, Tristan Mathews. I kind of figured since we both have Professor Conway for 3 hours every class, I'd introduce myself." Thank you baby Jesus for sending this eye candy my way.

"Oh-um yeah, well now that we're formally introduced I'll see you on Wednesday?"

"Right you will, I'll see you around Justine." He smiled before taking 2 steps back and turning to walk away. Ok so maybe I'm not as hideous as I thought I was? Guys like that don't talk to girls like me.

**********A/N I'M SORRYYYYYYY GUYS!!!! SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY! DON'T HATE ME! Feel free to comment about your anger towards this chapter I welcome it with open arms haha it gets worse before it gets better. Thank you guys for sticking around.*********

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

646K 24.8K 67
Kayla, 17. She is trying to do what she has to do to provide for herself. Kayla's dad was always there for her, loved ANC cared for her, they had a g...
31.5K 945 31
This is not a romance. But along the way, they might find love.
617K 13.5K 28
Hannah Jacobs was the feistiest kid in town and always got into arguments with the bad boy next door. Most kids were scared of him, but not Hannah. S...
15K 608 25
"๐˜•๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜•๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ'๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜บ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ... ...๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง...