Child of the Moon

By LilyTiger21

"Do...you know what I am?" I asked, looking at them. Pearl, Amethyst, and Garnet all looked at each other, de... More

Luna Stone
Meet the Gems
Questions
Weapons
Light Cannon Duo
The Cheeseburger...what?
The Gem Temple
A New Friend
The Cotton Candy Lion
A Feathery Duo
Fusion?
Opal
Sword Fighting Accident
Waiting
Secrets and Dreams
Circo's Birthday
Sugilite
Lies or Truth?
Confused Emotions
Legends and Goodbyes
Family Dinner Plans
We ARE Family
Star People
Who is that?
Bloodstone
Beneath the Surface
Sally
Message from Lapis
New Friends, New Enemies
Always a Way
Cross Roads
Hanging with Friends
Swords, Friends and Meaning
Not what I Thought
Sardonyx
Fights
Unexpected Help
Fire Opal
Understandings
Living Nightmares
Sing!
Amana Karmaria Jelani
Tiny and Cute
When It Rains
Corrupted Gems
Lumos
Unexpected Guest
Birthday Troubles
Tension
Loyalty
Onyx's Past
Finding the Lost
The Lost Being Found
Finding Home
Three is a Crowd
The Old American Sport
Changes
Catching Up
Reconnecting
Common Care
Drag Race Hill
Where Your Meant to Be
Bringing Back Someone Special
Explanations
Stormy Waters
A Cold Mission
Not So Small
Grown Up
The Past Comes Back
Revenge
Benitoite
What Rose Quartz Did
Alone Together
Dream Abilities
Walking Among Dreams
Testing for Answers
Flexibility, Love, and Trust
Stepping Up
A Fruitful Birthday
Searching for Answers
Got to Go Fast
Infiltration
One of Us
Alone with Company
There Can Only be One
Second Chance
Detective Doug
Baking Out of Comfort
The Reoccurring past
Giving In

So Close, But So Far

598 19 9
By LilyTiger21

Hey guys! So we finally get to this episode. Which one you ask? Well, keep reading and you'll find out ;D

-Luna's POV-

"Guh! This whole searching thing is pointless!" Pearl shouted. We had decided to do another late night, swim search for Lapis and Jasper. As Amethyst was holding Steven underwater, Circo was looking above the surface with Pearl, using his mother's jewelry. I was bent over, face so close to the surface that my nose was inches from it. I was staring into the water, trying to get any sign of Lapis. But the feelings of hopelessness was taking over and I was starting to get irritable at Pearl.

I looked at her and said, "It's not pointless."

Pearl seemed to realize she hit a soft spot and sighed, saying, "I'm sorry, Luna. No, this effort in finding Lapis isn't pointless, but this way of going about it is."

I nodded, understanding what she meant. Suddenly, we all heard a splashing sound and Amethyst saying, "Uh, is the signal one wiggle or two?"

I rushed over to Amethyst's side of the boat, trying to get Steven out of the water. But she had dropped him, and I was about to dive in, when he came back up to the surface gasping and coughing for air. He coughed up a fish and caught it. He looked at Amethyst and said, "This is why we wear life vests!"

"Are you alright?!" Pearl panicked. Garnet came to the surface, grabbing Steven in the process. She climbed into the raft and said, "Nothing."

Steven fell onto the floor of the raft, flopping around like a fish. I giggled as Circo climbed back into the boat. He shook his head, letting me know that he hadn't found anything that would lead to Lapis. I sighed, feeling even more discouraged then before.

"Guh!" Pearl said trying to lean on the side of the raft. But she couldn't exactly do that because of the life vest. "And I hate these....life diapers!"

"Safety is no punchline Pearl," Steven said, handing one to Garnet.

"Safety is our job," Garnet said, throwing the life jacket overboard. "We must find Jasper and Lapis. As it stands, their fusion is a ticking time bomb."

As she summoned a life jacket for herself, I felt my hand starting to shake. Whether it was from being scared or very tired, I wasn't sure.

"Is....Lapis going to be okay?" I asked, obviously sounding worried.

"She had control when she used her power to drag their fusion into the ocean. But, a fusion like theirs isn't unstable, bound together by anger and mistrust. If that bind snaps, their anger will take over and destroy."

All three of us, Circo, Steven, and I shivered. I yawned and heard Steven say, "Don't worry Lapis, we won't let you sleep with the fishes..."

"We need to keep looking, but first, let's get you three home."

I shook my head, saying no to Garnet but also trying to keep myself awake. "We got to keep looking," I said. "You....even said...so yourself Garnet; their a ticking time bomb."

I yawned again and heard Circo say, "I know you and Steven are worried, but we need rest if we want to keep searching. Just look a thing Steven."

i looked and saw that he was about to fall into the water, but Garnet caught him. I sighed and said, "Alright, let's head back."

-Time Skip-

We made it back to the beach house and all of us were sitting upstairs in Steven's room, listening to Pearl complaining.

"We should be out there searching!" She said, not looking at all happy. "Not back at the house, NOT searching."

"'Sleeping is a curse, and yet a curse I need to live' Steven Universe," Steven said, quoting himself.

"Steven, Luna, and Circo aren't like us," Garnet explained. "They need sleep."

"Don't gems need some sleep once in a while?" I asked. "You guys look exhausted."

and they really did. Garnet had tired marks on her face, Pearl had bags under her eyes, and Amethyst had some dried up drool on the corner of her mouth from when she had fallen asleep earlier.

"We look awesome," Garnet said, her voice sounding strained.

"You know, you can't knock sleep until you try it," Steven said,as he gathered pillows from his bed. I smiled and ran downstairs, grabbing more pillows from the couch. As Steven explained the slumber party, I came back upstairs with the pillows. As I arranged them, Steven explained it and Garnet placed her hands on both Pearl's and Amethyst's head. "You two should stay here and relax. But I'm going, because I'm always relaxed." At this, she smiled again, but it looked more strained then the last time.

"But Garnet!" Pearl protested. "You couldn't possibly search the ocean by yourself! Le me-uh, let us help you! We're a team!"

"No, right now, you're a party," Garnet said, walking over to the warp pad. "You three, put these gems to bed. There's snacks in the fridge. Bye." She then warped out and I yawned, saying, "Steven, can we start this party? I would like to get some sleep."

"Oh! I need to get slumber companions," Steven said. He then ran into the kitchen. I glanced at Circo and shrugged my shoulders, confused. I lied on the blanket Steven had laid out earlier, and placed my head on a pillow, falling asleep instantly.

-Luna's Dream-

My cheek felt cool and wet. And the air felt tense with something. I wasn't sure what, but it felt like it was going to break and something bad would happen any minute. I slowly opened my eyes and gasped. I was the same place I would talk to Lapis when she was trapped in the mirror. Except....this place looked different.

Besides the floor and water still being here, the tension in the air was new, and the color all around me was a turquoise green color. The color made me nervous though; it seemed to add to the tension in the air. I slowly sat up, surprised that the air was even dense. It was difficult for me to even sit up. "Lapis?" I called out, looking around.

"Luna?!" I heard. I snapped my head and saw Lapis.

"Lapis!" I yelled, getting up and running to her. When I got to her, I wanted to cry. She looked really beat up and exhausted. She was kneeling in front of me and her wrists had chains on them that went into the glassy water. I knelt in front of her and said, "Are you okay?! what happened to you?!"

"I'm okay," she said, obviously lying. "I've been through worse."

"Don't worry, I'm getting you out of here," I said.

"No!" she panicked. "I need to keep these on!"

"Why?! They're obviously hurting you!"

"You don't understand. These chains are because of-" she was cut off when the chains around her wrists tightened and she was suddenly dragged under the glassy water. She gasped and disappeared the next second. I slammed my hands against the glassy water, screaming, "Lapis!"

Suddenly, i heard a splashing sound behind me, and heard, "YOU!"

I turned around and saw a beat up Jasper. She looked very angry and she too, also had chains on her wrists. She glared at me and started crawling towards me, breathing heavy. "I'm going to break your gem into a million pieces!" she yelled, starting to crawl faster.

I quickly got up, but before I could make a run, I felt a tight grip on my ankle. I felt a violent tug and I slammed into the glassy water, feeling myself lose my breath from the hit. I twisted around and saw that Jasper was trying to reach for my hand with her free hand. I struggled against her grip, but it was like a vice.

She growled and jerked my ankle down, causing me to slide in front of her and for her to grab my hand. She clutched my hand tightly, already making it hurt from the amount of pressure. She sneered at me and said, "The last moonstone will finally be gone."

I really started to struggle as her grip on my hand tighten. Not only did my hand start to really hurt, but I could feel the built up pressure in my gem starting to make me feel dizzy. I never really thought of what would happen if my gem was cracked or shatter, but I really didn't want to know not.

Just when I thought my gem was going to crack, Jasper was suddenly tugged back, and pulled into the glassy water. I gasped in pain as my hand relaxed. I held my wrist, looking at my gem. It hadn't cracked, but I felt it was close to cracking. I heard another splash and a gasp for air. I looked and saw it was Lapis, who was kneeling and holding herself up with her hands, panting for breath.

"Lapis!" I said starting to run to her.

"Luna, no!" she said, sending a water whip at me. It pushed me back, causing me to slide across the glassy water. I looked at her shocked, "Lapis, what are you doing?! I can help you!"

"No, Luna, just please me do this for you! I can't let her hurt you again. Your my sister; you mean more to me then my own self. "

"Let me help you! Tell me where you are so we can come find you!"

"I can't hold her back; I need to do this."

I started running towards her, feeling panic rise in me. "Lapis, don't do this!" I screamed, reaching my hand out to grab her.

"I"m not Lapis anymore," she said, summoning her water wings. "I"m Malachite." The wings warped around her and pulled her under the glassy water. Just as I reach to where she was, the water all around me glowed brighter in the turquoise color. The solid surface broke, and I fell into the water. I looked all around, trying to find Lapis. Suddenly, there was a large shadow and, when I turned around, I didn't see either Jasper or Lapis.

It was Malachite.

Malachite eye's opened and, when they saw me, they yelled, "GO!"

-Luna's POV-

"LAPIS!" I screamed, jerking my head up. Circo and Steven jumped back from me. I clutched my chest, gasping for air and trying to slow my heart rate. I felt sweat trickling down the sides of my head and I felt pain in my ankle and hand. I felt something on my shoulder and I flinched. But I looked and saw that it was Steven.

"Are you okay?" he asked. "You were mumbling in your sleep and you looked like you were in pain."

I felt tears in my eyes and I couldn't hold it back any longer. I grabbed Steven and pulled him into a hug, crying into his shoulder. He seemed surprised, but hugged me back. I kept sobbing into his shoulder, feeling myself shaking from grief and fear. I didn't hear the warp pad, but I looked up and saw Garnet, standing above us.

"This...is a weird party," she said.

"Garnet!" I said, letting go of Steven. "It's Lapis, she's in trouble. She's struggling to fight Jasper and-and Jasper is fighting back. But-But I think she's losing control, Lapis I mean. And-and-and-"

Garnet placed a hand on my head saying, "Shhh, Luna it's okay. We'll find her. But we all need rest if we want to have the strength to find her and save her. And you are doing the opposite of that."

I sniffled and nodded, understanding that worrying over Lapis wouldn't get anything done. Garnet cracked her knuckles and said, "Now, let me show you how to do a slumber party."

She then fell over, flat on her face. We all flinched and Pearl said, "She makes it so convincing."

"Garnet?" Circo asked, as we all heard snoring. I sighed, and placed my head back n the pillow. Nobody said anything and left me to fall back to an uneasy sleep. I eventually got some sleep.

But I can't stop worrying about Lapis now.

......

Poor Luna. She's so worried about her sister. :( Hope you guys liked this chapter and I'll try to update ASAP :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

416K 4.4K 65
Oneshots. That's all.
39.3K 1.2K 164
Just Ask Amethyst. #2 ~ #moods 10/30/2019 #24 in moods 1/2/19
6.2K 271 16
soulmate au[ฬฒฬ…ฬ…[ฬ…ฬ… 'pourquoi es-tu destinรฉ ร  quelqu'un comme moi?' {french} why are you fated to som...
106 3 6
you are an original crystal gem which is tiger eye you were made to serve yellow diamond and for a time you did and become one of her top commanders...