THE VENOM'S SIN » eddie brock

By maybemarvel

New threats arise for Eddie Brock in the shape of a chemically-engineered symbiote which inadvertently unifie... More

[ the beginning of all ends ]
act one + 1 | THING
2 | CONTROL
3 | REBEL
4 | AFFINITY
5 | MEET
6 | MERGE
7 | NEW
8 | ANOTHER
9 | BOND
10 | WHITE
11 | BREAK
12 | HELP
13 | SPY
15 | UNDONE
16 | REVERT
17 | BOUND
18 | HOME
19 | TOUCH
20 | SPIDERWEBS
21 | AGAIN
22 | TWO
23 | LOST
24 | TENACITY
25 | IRONBOUND
26 | BARGAIN
27 | CAUGHT
28 | SKRULL
29 | ENIGMA
30 | INSECURE
31 | ATTACK
32 | BEFELL
L I M I T
[ the darkest origins ]
act two + 1 | LUCKY
2 | WANTED
3 | SNEAK
4 | TEST
5 | SPIDEY
6 | STORY
7 | NEMESIS
8 | ENERVATE
9 | BURNOUT
10 | MINDFUL
11 | VISIONS
12 | AMOURS
13 | WRATH
14 | RING
15 | DISCLOSURE
16 | ALLEYS
17 | DANVERS
18 | SURVIVOR
19 | AFTER
20 | MASTER
21 | BUDDY
22 | BAGGAGE
23 | COURAGE

14 | TELL

2.7K 111 46
By maybemarvel

EDDIE

At times like this, I missed having another voice in my head that injected some common sense in my head instead of working with impulsive. Being a no-nonsense and only thought dude, seeing my ex-wife at my apartment with sullen eyes was not exemplary.

'Anne?'

'Hi, Eddie. Can I come in?'

I was paralyzed neck and down. This was the woman I loved and the woman who broke off our marriage. The beautiful feisty blonde who I just couldn't bring myself to forget. Anne Weying. And this being the apartment I shared with Laura, my Laura, would be wrong to have Anne over.

'Y-yeah. Um,' I pulled the door open wider for her to enter. Anne was pensive with her walk, assessing her surroundings and taking in a deep breath. A few of Laura's courier boxes littered some corners, her baby pink blanket draped over the sofa with a scented candle that was alight from the night before. Again, Laura's handiwork. She made my hellhole seem ten times habitable with just some objects. 

'Laura's over?' She asked quietly, seeing the feminine whiz in the living room. I was happy to know Laura wasn't all too hostile towards Anne and vice versa, but Laura had her self-doubts. And, she hid them pretty well from me. Then again, which girl wouldn't so I tried to get myself to open as much as I could with Laura. She was one in a million after all.

'No, she's out for - '

'I meant, is she living here?'

I nodded suavely, pocketing my fists. 'Yeah. I asked her to move in.' I sighed and walked to the fridge, tugging it open. 'Want something to drink? I've got OJ, milk and coconut water.'

 Anne's amused laughter filled the silence. 'Coconut water? Jesus, Eddie. I've never seen anything other than beer and leftovers in here.'

I couldn't help but grin. 'Laura can't tolerate her alcohol. And she practically lives off that murky shit. But I've got a stash of beer if you want some.'

'Great,' she accepted. Anne settled on the kitchenette with a hesitant smile and grabbed the beer out of my hands. She took a generous chug and swiped a palm over her stained lips.

'Dan and I,' she started. 'We're getting married.'

This was coming and I was prepared for it. They had been dating and going strong for almost a year and a half. Dan was loyal and work-oriented, funny and kind - everything Anne thought she saw in me after I jacked up on the Drake incident. But in the end, I was ready for it. 

'I,' I breathed out. 'I'm happy for you. You deserve every happiness. Everything that I couldn't give you, he can. And that's what matters.'

'Eddie,' she drawled. 'That's not the only thing. Dan wanted more than just an apartment and so, I said yes.'

I raised my eyebrows, shaking my head in confusion. 'To what?'

'We're moving. To a bigger house outside NYC. Somewhere we can start new after our marriage.' 

What absolutely bothered me was the maternal smile that graced her features, as she circled the mouth of the bottle. My hands went cold, all the nerves in my brain alight because this was my, our, plan all along. After Anne and I got married, I was supposed to be the one taking care of her in a bigger house. Anne wasn't a nobody. She was mine, she was my home. She was everything I worked hard in life for. And now, fuck, she's getting married, going to move to the countryside, be a mom and have the whole nine yards that come with being a female.

I rubbed my nose to shroud my anger. 'Okay, whatever. Go and live your dream.'

'Eddie, please understand - '

'No, you try and understand! Anne, I lost Venom. I don't know what the fuck I'm doing with another girl in the first place. You can't just up and move! You can't leave me alone!'

'You lost Venom?' She whispered. 'What happened?'

'That's beyond the point,' I murmured in haste. 'I don't have anyone else, Anne. Everyone else is temporary except you. You can't just leave everything behind.'

'Eddie,' I heard her murmur, rounding the table and staring up at me. 'I'm so sorry. It's time we both moved on. Dan is such a wonderful person who I'm happy to have started loving and Laura is just as great. You just haven't figured anything out - '

'It's been eight months,' I said. 'I still can't go on knowing we could've worked out.'

'We could've never,' she spat sternly. 'Nothing about us was right. Now that I'm ready to start over with Dan and this marriage, this is me getting my closure.'

'I just - ' 

'Don't, Eddie. I was here to convey to you about the wedding and that's it.'

I gave up on trying. Why did I even bother anymore? Anne was as good as gone. She was moving on and I should be, too. I was. I had Laura, the kindest, most witty, smart, sexy and perfect woman I'd laid my eyes upon. Who was I to say I didn't know where our relationship was going? The girl just risked her damn life to get some information on the one thing that mattered to me and the woman was not afraid to stand up to what she thought was right. 

That's when it struck me. Laura wasn't just another girlfriend, she was more. 

'I'm gonna leave now.' The door opened and shut, soo, Anne was long gone. I didn't hear her what she said, but I did hear another voice. The only voice I wanted to hear for the rest of my life. It was a bit far away and the walls were too thin. Perfect for eavesdropping.

'Hey, Anne. Didn't see you over there. You doing good?'

'Great, actually. With the marriage and all. I see you're doing fine as well.'

'Or so I've heard. Congrats on the proposal. I'm sure Eddie feels the same way, too.'

'Yeah . . . '

'Oh no. Did he say something? Are you okay?'

'He's just a bit shaken up, I guess.'

'Oh. Something happened between - '

'God no. I know my limits. Besides, I'm a married woman.'

'You're so lucky. I've always wanted to walk down the aisle and don't even get me started on the dress.'

'That's nice. Safe to say, me too. It's every girl's dream.'

Laura's tiny laughter trickled in the stairway. 'It is. I better get going. The man is awful at waiting.'

'Tell me about it. I'll see you soon, Laura. Hope to see you at the wedding.'

'Of course, I'm not leaving without my slice of cake! See you later, Anne.'

Not moments later, my spare key jingled into the keyhole and Laura let herself in. There was a gracious smile that lit her features as she went over the conversation with Anne and dropped her coat at the door. Her smile widened as her gaze fell on me.

I was disgusted at myself. Not moments ago I was begging Anne to take me back and here I was with my girlfriend was just as naive about the intensity in the room.

'Hi, honey. I just saw Anne. And wow, the big date's coming up, huh?' She mused as she settled on the couch with her feet up on the coffee table. There was a short whisper, indicating her small talk with her symbiote.

'Yeah, I heard.'

She craned her head to meet my weirded out stance. My eyes were set on the hardwood floors. 'Eddie? Is this about the fake date with Paul?'

Oh, yeah. 'First of all, did the fucker kiss you?'

'Um, no he didn't. I made sure of it. I kissed his cheek, though. Does that count?'

Look at her all honest about every tiny detail. I thinned my eyes as she hid her face behind a magazine with a sheepish smile. 'I'll let it slide this one time.'

Laura let out an adorable 'whew' and clapped her hands. 'So, I've got tons to share that I don't even know where to start.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52 0 1
The Ultimate Spider-Man returns with little time to spare as he must return to action when his old black suit bonds with Edward Brock Junior. The pai...
558K 15.7K 48
Mórrígan lived with her alcoholic father in a small apartment in San Francisco and used to work as a barista. One day the avengers are noticing her a...
223 0 8
Female Eddie and Venom
24.1K 549 23
This is just another run of the mill symbrock story nothing else to it really. might be smut might not depends on how this goes (and if I'm up to wri...