Child of the Moon

Door LilyTiger21

"Do...you know what I am?" I asked, looking at them. Pearl, Amethyst, and Garnet all looked at each other, de... Meer

Luna Stone
Meet the Gems
Questions
Weapons
Light Cannon Duo
The Cheeseburger...what?
The Gem Temple
A New Friend
The Cotton Candy Lion
A Feathery Duo
Fusion?
Opal
Sword Fighting Accident
Waiting
Secrets and Dreams
Circo's Birthday
Sugilite
Lies or Truth?
Legends and Goodbyes
Family Dinner Plans
We ARE Family
Star People
Who is that?
Bloodstone
Beneath the Surface
Sally
Message from Lapis
New Friends, New Enemies
Always a Way
Cross Roads
Hanging with Friends
Swords, Friends and Meaning
Not what I Thought
So Close, But So Far
Sardonyx
Fights
Unexpected Help
Fire Opal
Understandings
Living Nightmares
Sing!
Amana Karmaria Jelani
Tiny and Cute
When It Rains
Corrupted Gems
Lumos
Unexpected Guest
Birthday Troubles
Tension
Loyalty
Onyx's Past
Finding the Lost
The Lost Being Found
Finding Home
Three is a Crowd
The Old American Sport
Changes
Catching Up
Reconnecting
Common Care
Drag Race Hill
Where Your Meant to Be
Bringing Back Someone Special
Explanations
Stormy Waters
A Cold Mission
Not So Small
Grown Up
The Past Comes Back
Revenge
Benitoite
What Rose Quartz Did
Alone Together
Dream Abilities
Walking Among Dreams
Testing for Answers
Flexibility, Love, and Trust
Stepping Up
A Fruitful Birthday
Searching for Answers
Got to Go Fast
Infiltration
One of Us
Alone with Company
There Can Only be One
Second Chance
Detective Doug
Baking Out of Comfort
The Reoccurring past
Giving In

Confused Emotions

1.2K 41 7
Door LilyTiger21

Hey guys! So here's another awesome picture by Kiwi. It's so cool! Since Luna can see Lapis, that's what she looks like to Luna when she holds the mirror to see Lapis. Anyway, here's the new chapter! :D

-Luna's POV-

I was sitting on the edge of my mom's pool, staring at the nearly full moon tile that was glowing. My feet were in the water and I was slowly moving them back and forth. Tomorrow would be a full moon; I wonder what happened with my gem when it's a full?

"Luna?" I heard, "You down here?"

I looked over and saw that Circo had taken the secret stairs from his mom's room into my mom's room. He walked over and sat next to me. He looked at me, trying to figure out what's bothering me. I didn't say anything; I just continued slowly kicking my feet.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing," I said, still slowly kicking my feet.

"Luna," he said, pressing the issue. I sighed, "You know what I'm upset about."

"You know Garnet and Amethyst didn't mean what they said," he said.

"But it wasn't them who said it," I said, "It was Sugilite."

"Still though," Circo said. I stopped kicking my feet in the water and pulled them out. I pulled my knees close to me and hugged them. I sighed, and stared up at the ceiling, where the crystals were glowing.

"Circo, why does everybody hate us?" I asked. This seemed to surprise him, because he flinched.

"Nobody hates us," Circo said.

"There are people who hate us," I said, "Whoever sent those Onyx creatures is out to get us. And Sugilite hated our moms. And now, since we have their gems," I said, looking at my hand, "She hates us."

"Okay, so maybe a couple people hate us," said Circo, "But a lot more people care for us. Steven, the gems, the people in this town, they all care about us."

"But WHY do the people who hates us hate us?" I asked, "Is it because were half human, half gem? Or is there more to our gems then the crystal gems are telling us?"

"Why would they hide anything from us?" Cisco asked, surprised.

"When I first got here, I got my wings. And when Garnet saw them, she said it wasn't good I was a moonstone. She never explained, and she probably won't"

"Maybe she's waiting to tell you about it?"

"Maybe," I said, putting my head on my knees. We both sat in silence for a bit, before Circo stood up, saying, "How about we head outside? I overheard Steven saying earlier that tomorrow is apparently summer break for school kids."

"Summer is your thing," I said, looking up at him.

"It can also be yours too," he said, extending his hand. I took his hand, and he helped me up. We walked up and out of my mom's room, and into the sunlight. I shielded my eyes as Circo, who was still holding my hand, led me out from the top of the hill and towards the bottom. Once in the shade of the trees, I could see better.

Circo glanced back at me, "Nice dress by the way."

"Thanks; I finally was able to get some new clothes," I said. Recently, I've been able to go clothes shopping with Connie. We were able to pick out some clothes that suited me but also would help me on my missions with the gems. Currently, I was wearing a plain yellow summer dress.

As we walked, I noticed that Steven was lying on the beach and that the sun was starting to go down. I tugged on Circo's grip. "Let's go see Steven," I said. He nodded, and we both ran over to the beach. As we got closer, I noticed Steven was holding something. When we got up to him, we heard him say, "You're my friend too!"

"Steven, are you talking to that mirror?" Circo asked. Steven looked up to see us and said, "Hi Circo! Hi Luna!" He stood up and said, holding out the mirror, "I was, and this is my new friend. Say hello!"

We both looked at the mirror, our reflections staring back at us. Circo raised an eyebrow and said, "How can it say hello, Steven?"

"It repeats anything it sees!" he said. Just then, I saw Lapis appear on the surface of the mirror, saying, "Hi Circo! Hi Luna!"

"Hi?" said Circo. My hands flew to my mouth. Well, my one free hand did; Circo was still holding my other hand. I felt tears collecting into my eyes, and I whispered, "Lapis?"

"Luna? Is everything okay?" Steven asked, glancing at the mirror.

"Did you see something else besides Steven saying hello?" asked Circo. I looked between them and back at Lapis, who was still on the surface. She was shaking her head, as if saying I shouldn't tell them I could see her.

"...No," I said, noticing as Lapis smiled.

"Well, anyway, I was on my way to go show my new friend to the gems. Want to come?" he asked. Just then, I saw Lapis' face drop and her scream, "No!"

"Is....that mirror okay?" Circo asked. I didn't say anything, even though it was hard to say anything when you could see a person inside the mirror.

"It's just shy," Steven said, as Lapis again screamed, "No!"

"Don't worry, the gems are a good audience," he said, starting to run back to the house.

"Steven! Wait!" I said, ripping my hand from Circo's grip and running after him.

"Luna!" Circo said, running to catch up, "What's wrong?"

"Everything if we don't catch Steven before he enters the house!" I said, pushing more speed in every step as I ran. Tears started streaming down my cheeks, as the thought and questions raced through my head.

'Lapis had been in that mirror? Why? Was she trapped? It did seem like she was trapped. Who put her there? The gems? They couldn't have! They would never!.....would they?'

As I ran, I didn't notice the rock stuck in the sand. I tripped over it and barrel rolled in the sand, landing flat on my face when I came to a stop. I spat out the sand in my mouth and quickly looked up. Steven had already reached the house and was now walking inside.

"Lapis," I said, quickly getting up. By now, Circo caught up to me and grabbed my wrist, "What is your problem?! What's going on?!" he asked.

"I'll explain everything when I grab that mirror!" I yelled back, growing angry.

"I'm not letting go until I get an explanation!"

"There's no time!"

"There's plenty of time!"

"NO. THERE'S. NOT!" I snapped; I don't even remember doing it. But suddenly, a water whip lashed out of the water and grabbed Circo's wrist. It lifted him in the air, and threw him against the rock wall. He fell and landed in the sand in a heap. I gasped, as the water whip went back into the ocean. I stood there, frozen.

What do I do? Circo appeared to be unconscious. I couldn't just leave him! But Lapis needed me. I looked at Circo, and whispered, "I'm so sorry. Please forgive me," and ran towards the house. I got up the steps and made it to the door, and heard Lapis screaming, "No!" Just as I opened the door, I heard Garnet say, "Steven, it's just a mirror. A tool. It can't want anything."

"Excuse me?" I said, low but angry. Lapis stopped screaming no, and instead said, "Luna!"

The gems looked at me, all surprised. "Luna! You know about the mirror too?" said Pearl, trying to act casual.

"Oh yeah, I know," I said, glaring at her, making her flinch. I reached my hand out and said, "Steven, give me the mirror."

"Luna, what are you doing?" said Garnet, sounding annoyed with me, "That mirror is a tool."

"No, it's not!" I screamed. Amethyst gasped, and Pearl's hands flew to her mouth as Garnet stared at me. "There is a gem, trapped in that mirror! And your telling me she can't want anything?!"

"Garnet?" asked Steven looking at her. She ignored Steven and said to me, "Luna, calm down. It's just a mirror. There's nobody in there."

"Nobody in there?" I said, angry now. I grabbed the mirror from Steven and looked at Lapis, who was placing both of her hands against the surface of the mirror, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"How stupid do you think I am, Garnet?! I CAN SEE HER!" I said, screaming the last part.

"Luna! Give me the mirror!" Garnet yelled.

"Garnet, I think we should listen to Luna," Steven said.

"Luna doesn't have a say in this," Garnet said, angrily to Steven, "She's not even suppose to be here!"

Silence. Very heavy silence. Amethyst and Pearl stared at Garnet in horror. Garnet seemed to realize her mistake and started saying, "Luna, wait a second. I didn't mean-"

"No," I said. I clutched the mirror tightly now, and I looked up at her, my eyes on fire by unshed tears.

"Luna?" asked Steven. I looked at Steven, feeling myself breaking.

"Steven," I said, my voice choking from sobs. I placed my hand over my mouth and ran out of the house, with Lapis.

"LUNA!" I heard. I ran down the steps and ran as fast as I could along the beach. Tears streamed down my cheeks and my body started shacking with sobs. They...never wanted me. I was never suppose to be there. Was I suppose to be left for dead that night?

I ran behind a rock, and stood there, panting and choking from sobs. I looked at the Lapis, who seemed to be looking back at me with understanding.

"Lapis," I sobbed, "What do I do now?"

"You know what's needs to be done," she said, standing back from the mirror's surface. I nodded, wiping the tears streaming down my cheeks. I flipped the mirror over and saw her gemstone, cracked and blue. I grabbed it and pulled it out. As I did, the mirror shattered, and her gemstone flew not too far from me. Lapis took form and she was kneeling before me, just like I saw her in my dreams.

"Lapis?" I asked, as I stepped forward towards her. She sat up and turned to me, her eyes blank and glassy as before.

"Luna!" she said, sounding happy and relieved. She quickly got up and started walking towards me. But her knees buckled and she almost fell. I quickly caught her before she hit the ground.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

She nodded, "I've been trapped in that mirror for so long, I haven't been in any form for a long time."

I looked at her, feeling pity for her. "But, you'll be fine?"

She nodded, smiling. Just then, I heard a very angry Garnet yell, "LUNA!"

Lapis and I both looked up to see not only Garnet, Pearl and Amethyst. But also Steven and Circo, who had a nasty bump on his head. They all stared at me and Lapis. Garnet, and the gems summoned their weapons, getting ready for a fight.

Steven and I both ran forward and yelled, "wait!"

"You...." Lapis said, her voice low, but full of anger. A water arm slowly started rising from the waves, as Lapis yelled, "You three knew I was in there, and you didn't do anything! Did you even wonder who I used to be?!"
She slammed her water arm down and everybody was able to roll out of the way in time, except for Garnet and Circo. They both got hit by the hand, getting trapped in the water. I watched in horror as Circo was trying to get out of the water for air.

"Lapis, please stop!" I said, turning to her, "Your hurting them!"

"Don't you know what they did to me?!" she said, looking at me, with tears in her eyes.

"No, I don't know what they did," I said, "But please leave them be; they don't deserve this!"

She seemed to hesitate, but soon lifted the arm, making Garnet and Circo fall to their knees in the sand, gasping for air. I ran over to Circo and Garnet, "Are you guys okay?"

"We're fine," Circo said, coughing up water. Steven ran over to Lapis, trying to talk to her, as I removed any excess water from Circo. I glanced at Garnet, making sure she was fine, before running over to Lapis.

"They'll never leave us alone," she said to both Steven and I. Before I could ask what she meant, she lifted her hand and made a path in the ocean.

"Come with us, Steven," said Lapis.

"Wait what?!" I asked, confused. I was going with Lapis?

"Steven!" we all heard. Garnet had grabbed Steven and tossed him to Pearl. Garnet reached for me, but Lapis was quicker. She grabbed my wrist and pulled me through the water path. "Lapis!" I screamed, "What are you doing?!"

"I'm taking you with me," she said, determined, "My little sister isn't staying with these gems."

I quickly looked back at everybody, all with surprised shocks. I didn't want this. I didn't want to be torn away from the one thing that made me feel wanted. I didn't want it to be gone.

"Lapis, wait a second!" I said, but there was no point. The walls of water were closing quickly, and there was no way for me to go back. I watched as the gems ran towards me, yelling my name. I watched as Steven's face fell and Circo's face grew sad as they both knew they weren't going to make it. The walls closed and the water wrapped around me. Water was everywhere; above me, below me, and slowly filling my lungs. I gasped and tried to breath but all there was was water. Lapis quickly turned around and saw the issue.

But before she could fix it, I started losing consciousness. As I started fading, my only thought left to think was just a simple truth.

I ruined everything with the one thing I cared for.

.....

Aw man! Poor Luna! How are things going to be fixed?! Hoped you guys enjoyed this chapter and I'll try to update ASAP. :)  

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

10.2K 144 22
It was requested that I write some Pearlmythyst so I'm turning it into a one-shot book. Have fun reading 😚
5.5K 152 23
A Steven Universe AU where Steven meets his full human counterpart. Both of them look so alike yet they're both so different in preference, personali...
268K 3K 39
Girlfriend/Boyfriend Scenarios of both the Crystal Gems, the HomeWorld gems,Steven and Jamie.
13.6K 368 30
"All of this started just because of the little kid" "I said I wouldn't get into anything chaotic and promised ??" "but here I am chilling with 3 ali...