Child of the Moon

By LilyTiger21

"Do...you know what I am?" I asked, looking at them. Pearl, Amethyst, and Garnet all looked at each other, de... More

Luna Stone
Meet the Gems
Questions
Weapons
Light Cannon Duo
The Cheeseburger...what?
The Gem Temple
A New Friend
The Cotton Candy Lion
A Feathery Duo
Fusion?
Opal
Sword Fighting Accident
Waiting
Secrets and Dreams
Circo's Birthday
Lies or Truth?
Confused Emotions
Legends and Goodbyes
Family Dinner Plans
We ARE Family
Star People
Who is that?
Bloodstone
Beneath the Surface
Sally
Message from Lapis
New Friends, New Enemies
Always a Way
Cross Roads
Hanging with Friends
Swords, Friends and Meaning
Not what I Thought
So Close, But So Far
Sardonyx
Fights
Unexpected Help
Fire Opal
Understandings
Living Nightmares
Sing!
Amana Karmaria Jelani
Tiny and Cute
When It Rains
Corrupted Gems
Lumos
Unexpected Guest
Birthday Troubles
Tension
Loyalty
Onyx's Past
Finding the Lost
The Lost Being Found
Finding Home
Three is a Crowd
The Old American Sport
Changes
Catching Up
Reconnecting
Common Care
Drag Race Hill
Where Your Meant to Be
Bringing Back Someone Special
Explanations
Stormy Waters
A Cold Mission
Not So Small
Grown Up
The Past Comes Back
Revenge
Benitoite
What Rose Quartz Did
Alone Together
Dream Abilities
Walking Among Dreams
Testing for Answers
Flexibility, Love, and Trust
Stepping Up
A Fruitful Birthday
Searching for Answers
Got to Go Fast
Infiltration
One of Us
Alone with Company
There Can Only be One
Second Chance
Detective Doug
Baking Out of Comfort
The Reoccurring past
Giving In

Sugilite

1.2K 41 2
By LilyTiger21

Hey guys! So, the chapter is coming! So excited for Lapis to get here! It's funny, but even authors can get as excited as the readers can for big events such as Lapis. XD Anyway, here is the new chapter! :D

-Luna's POV-

"Luna!" yelled Pearl, "Your not listening!"

"Woohoo!" I said, floating through the warp pad. We were heading to what Pearl called the Communication Hub. I was having too much fun with the warp pad. Circo stood next to Garnet, having a hard time staying still as anti-gravity took hold of him.

"Okay," I said, "I'm coming back." I floated back to a standing position just as the warp pad warped us to our destination. I looked up and nearly gasped like Steven. The communication Hub was huge. It was a series of pillars, stacked on top of each other. It was radiating some sort of electrical wave from it, and you can see the light coming from it probably miles away from it.

"What magical place of mystery is this?" asked Steven amazed. As Pearl explained to Steven what the communication Hub was, I walked over to one of the pillars and placed my hand on it. Instantly, I felt the energy coming from the Hub, and my head started to buzz from the waves.

"Whoa," I said, backing away, "It's giving WAY too much power then it looks."

"That's why we need to destroy it," said Garnet. Circo came up next to me and looked up, "How are we suppose to destroy this?"

"We need a plan," said Pearl, as Amethyst shaped shift back to her normal self from a strong looking Steven. Pearl was about to explain her plan, and probably project it from her gem when Garnet interrupted, saying, "What we need is Sugilite. Amethyst, fuse with me."

We all stood there, shocked for a second. Until Amethyst started screaming with excitement, saying how they we're going to mash it up, being stronger and better. Pearl looked upset and Steven looked almost as excited as Amethyst.

"Uh, Sugilite is....okay right?" I asked, nervously to Pearl.

"Wait," she said to Garnet, "Garnet think about this. You and Amethyst can be a little.....unstable when your personalities combine. We need to be careful. Fuse with me!"

I looked at Pearl; Was she really this upset with Garnet about Amethyst and her fusing? Garnet placed her hands on Pearl's shoulders, saying, "We don't need to be careful. We need to be huge."

"Uh," I said, "Every mission is always a great time to be careful."

"Relax, Luna," said Circo, placing a hand on my shoulder, "Garnet knows what she's doing."

Amethyst and Garnet got into position. Once they were, Garnet said, "Synchronize." They then started dancing. I turned away, "I hope your right about this Circo."

"Why are you nervous?" he asked.

I looked back and saw that Amethyst and Garnet were still dancing but were stepping closer to each other, getting ready to fuse. "Because from what it sounds like, Sugilite doesn't sound like the greatest gem fusion," I said, just as Amethyst and Garnet fused.

Both of their forms grew bright with light, and grew very large very quickly, until, standing before us, was a very big and very tall, Sugilite. Sugilite started saying, "I forgot how great it feels to be me!"

I cautiously stepped back, saying, "Yeah, this doesn't look okay."

"THAT'S Sugilite?!" Steven asked, shocked.

"That's right, baby," she said. "Hey Steven, want to see something cool?"

"Yeah!" he responded. Sugilite summoned Garnet's gauntlets and Amethyst's whip and combined the two to make a flail. I swallowed, "You still sure about this Circo?"

He didn't respond, but the look of nervousness on his face was saying it all. Steven cheered and Sugilite said, "You like that, little man?"

"Are you going to smash stuff with your wrecking-ball thingy?" he asked, growing excited.

"That's the plan," she said, "Where should I start?"

"Over there!" he said, pointing to a series of pillars. Sugilite swung the flail, and smashed the pillars, causing the ground to shack. I grabbed Circo's shoulder for support, and looked at Pearl. "We need to get out of here," I said.

"What?" said Steven," No way! This is awesome!"

Sugilite swung her flail again and hit another bunch of pillars. This time, though, debris started falling all around us. "Watch out!" Circo said, pushing me out of the way. A rock landed where we were just standing. Circo quickly helped me up and I heard Pearl say, "Ugh, your just too much!"

"Maybe your just too little," said Sugilite, swinging her flail again. A small rock flew and cut my cheek. I instantly could taste blood inside my mouth, and I hissed in pain. "Luna, are you okay?" Circo asked.

"I'm fine," I said, noticing Pearl was carrying Steven back to the warp pad. "We got to go."

Circo nodded and we ran over to Pearl and Steven. We climbed up onto he warp pad with them and we warped back to the beach house. I quickly went to the bathroom and grabbed the medical kit. I disinfected my cut and Steven's, since he too got hit by a rock. I placed a bandage on his head, and placed a gauze pad and some medical tap on my cheek. Steven saw this and said, "Put that on my head!"

"Why? It's only a small cut," I said.

"It would look cooler!"

I smiled, dramatically sighing, and wrapped his head and chin in gauze, making it look like he got serious damage from the mission. He looked at himself in the mirror, inspecting my work, and said, "It's perfect! I'm going to go show Sadie and Lars."

He ran out of the bathroom, and I laughed. I put the medical kit back in the cabinet, and walked back out into the living room. Circo was sitting on the couch and looked up when I came over. "You sure your okay?" he asked.

"Yeah. Just a cut on the cheek," I said.

"Steven looked like he got hit hard by one of the rocks."

I giggled, "It actually was a small cut on his forehead."

He looked at me surprised, "Then why did you give him all the gauze?"

"He wanted it, although I told him he didn't need that much."

He laughed, "Steven would want something like that."

I laughed too and walked over to the screen door. I saw Steven's dad setting up something on the beach and putting his head down. I assumed he was building something and grew tired from it. "Luna," I heard Circo say.

"Yeah?" I said, watching as I saw Steven, Sadie, and Lars run across the beach towards Steven's dad.

"Do you think Garnet and Amethyst will be okay?"

I looked at Circo, "I hope so."

"I mean, was Pearl right about Sugilite?"

I looked back out the screen door and saw Steven coming up towards the beach house, running. "Maybe she was. I'm not sure, but they'll be alright in the end."

I backed up just as Steven came barging through the screen door. He saw us and asked, "Do you guys want to come workout with us?"

"Uh, no thanks," I said, and Circo shook his head.

"Aw come on!" said Steven, as he ran over to the counter and grabbed a couple of sweatbands that were there. Pearl walked in, just as Steven said, "We're going to get super strong! Like Sugilite!"

"That doesn't sound like a good idea," said Pearl.

"What!" said Steven, "I just want to be strong to help the team!"

"Steven," I said, "You know there are other ways to be strong."

"Yeah," agreed Circo, "It's not all about physical strength."

"But I want to be strong in the real way!" Steven protested, running out of the house. Pearl blushed angrily and looked at us. "Don't you two have somewhere to be?!" she said. I quickly took Circo's hand and we went out onto the back porch. Before I closed the door, all the way though, I could hear Pearl singing from inside. I leaned close to the door, trying to listen.

"Luna what are you-" started Circo, but I shushed him, trying to listen. Pearl was singing, and...she wasn't too happy.

"Why do you have to look up to her, aside from the literal sense?
Don't you know that a power that big comes with a bigger expense?
And can't you see that she's out of control and overzealous?
I'm telling you for your own good, and not because I'm-
I can show you how to be strong, in the real way.
And I want to inspire you. I want to be your rock.
And when I talk it lights a fire in you."

Just then, I could hear Steven singing from outside. I stayed where I was against the door, but I could still hear Steven singing.

"I can show you how to be strong, in the real way.
And I know we can be strong, in the real way."

Then, both Steven and Pearl we're singing at the same time.

"And I want to inspire you. I want to be your rock.
And when I talk, it lights a fire in you.
I want to be your rock.
And when I talk, it lights a fire in you."

I looked at Circo, "We got to do something about this."

"What can we do?" he asked, "Steven seems pretty determined to get strong physically."

I giggled, "Just wait until tomorrow. If Steven keeps this up, he'll get tired of the workout soon."

'Hopefully...' I thought as Circo and I watched Steven, run around the beach, carrying four tires.

....

Will he give the routine up? Hope you guys liked the chapter and I'll try to update ASAP. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 3.2K 15
~1st under the #JasperSU tag <3~ ~2nd under the #JasperxReader tag <3~ When Jasper finaly agreed to join the Crystal Gems, Steven and the other...
102 3 6
you are an original crystal gem which is tiger eye you were made to serve yellow diamond and for a time you did and become one of her top commanders...
6.2K 271 16
soulmate au[̲̅̅[̅̅ 'pourquoi es-tu destiné à quelqu'un comme moi?' {french} why are you fated to som...
26.4K 750 41
I'm not really good with fanfics but I imagine this is what would happen if I met garnet and the other crystal gems