Crushed

By Diana_the_1Dfan

"Ed....wait." her voice holds me back. Diana hasn't called me Ed ever since we were last friends "Edward... More

Diana Fernaux
Edward Rephlin
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25

1

160 25 10
By Diana_the_1Dfan

Diana:

The final year of school was to begin in less than a week and I wasn't really ready for it. Thinking about the last year of school actually gave me chills because I wasn't really sure if all the hardwork I put would really pay off! It was sometimes scary to think about me not being able to reach my goals. It seemed like my whole heart and soul just wanted myself to become the person I wanted to be. I always just pause and think for a while if all these things that I'm doing right now would help in reaching my destination or whether I would just be another person under the title 'Failure'.

Moving ahead, it's always Oli's ( Olivia, my best friend) tradition to come over to my house a few days before an academic year of school begins. So we usually go to shopping and do all sorts of nonsense especially all those things better know as " BEST FRIEND GOALS " one last time before school can reduce us to unsocial souls who will be loitering in the school campus. only.
Just as Oli and I were watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S

"Hey D, can we go to the mall?" She breakes the silence.

"Why?" I ask as I'm still concenrating on F.R.I.E.ND.S and nibbling my cookie.

"What do you mean why? Yeah...so come lets go watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S in the mall! Of course you idiot....let's go shopping and do something fun...please..."

I'm still watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S and eating the same cookie but looks like Oli will not agree so easily so I switch off the television and get up from my couch, stuff the whole cookie inside my mouth and go sit next to her.

"Isn't F.R.I.E.N.D.S fun enough?" I ask her

"It is fun D! But look....we can watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S anytime after school begins...but we can't spend a whole day hanging out or shopping!"

She looks at me "After school begins the only place we'll be hanging out is the cafè" she continues making a wierd face.

I thought about what Oli said and it hit me hard! My best friend actually has sense! My best friend spoke something which makes sense!

"Yeah..you're right! Okay, get dressed up. I'll just go and tell mum about it."

"Hey mum!" I say as I walk down a flight of stairs.

"Hmm..." she says as she is washing some dishes.

"Well, Olivia want's to go to the mall....so I was thinking if I could go along with her."

"Now?" She inquires. Ofcourse she has to. It's the part time job of every mother to be an FBI agent.

"Yeah...cause we won't be able to hang out once school begins." I say standing next to her.

She takes a small breath and says "Okay....the money is in the draw in my room."

"Thanks Mom!" I reply and walk towards mom and dad's room.

As I entered the room all I could sense was the pleasent fragrance of jasmine. Inhaling the smell of sweet jasmine brought a smile on my face. I go and sit on the bed where the drawe happens to be beside it. I open it and see a stack of money notes. I take 3 notes of 10 euro's and 2 notes of 5 euros. But, I paused for a minute to remind myself of the financial crisis my family was going through. So without thinking anymore I keep a 10 euro and a 5 euro note back and I feel sad about the fact that I can do nothing to help my family. I get up and take a deep breath to inhale the sweet fragrance before exiting the room. I make sure that the door makes a click noise to know that I have closed the door properly because this is one of mom's wierd habits.

I go to my mother who seems like wiping her hands with the towel that was on her shoulder after washing a sink full of dishes.

"Can I buy you something from the mall?"

No sooner she heard me than she looked at me and kept the towel on the table.

"No...I don't need anything honey. But please do buy something for yourself. I know that you are upset with the money problem but....you know that money comes and goes....so please buy something honey!"

I look at her and feel the same as her. I don't say anything except "Yeah" and give her a faint smile and walk towards the flight of stairs which lead to my room.

As I reach the door I see Oli tying her hair into a ponytail.

"D, go get ready....I'm nearly done." She says as she adjusts the height of her ponytail.

"Give me 10 minutes.....no, maybe I need 15" I say deciding in my head which outfit to wear.

I walk towards the wardrobe and pick the outfit that catches my eye first. I go to the dressing room and put on the clothes as soon as possible and move out and sit on the chair of the dressing table. I first put some cream on my face and take a look at the mirror to make sure that there is no traces of cream on my face. Then I apply some lotion and I fight the thought of leaving my hair loose or tying it into a ponytail. Utimately I leave my hair loose and I take a lip balm and I swiftly put 2-3 strokes of it on my lip and I pretty much like the colour which has the shade of a rose and the taste makes me wanna chew the lip balm off my lips. I take my favourite One Direction perfume -' You and I' and spray it on myself and stare at the bottle and kiss and keep it back! Stop judging! You would realate if you're a dedicated fan.

"Aren't you done yet?" Olivia yells from the room.

" Almost! Just give me 5 minutes!" I yell back but not as loud as her.

I take a final look at myself through the mirror. I am pleased with myself. I like how my plain white trasparent top lies on the top of a red inner and it perfectly matches my red fluid skirt which hides my knees. I go to a small rack where all my footwear lies. I pick up a pair of white shoes and put them on.

"Oli....let's get goin!" I say I take a final look at myself.

"She's taking out the car" mum's replies instead of Oli. I quickly grab a sling bag and I hop down the stairs.

"Bye Mom..." I say as I skip a step and instead jump from the second last step.

"Have fun!" She say's smiling the widest hiding all her worries.

I go out the door and close the door behind me and find Oli already in the driver's seat. I quickly go and sit beside her. She give me a stare which I'm definitely used to.

"What?" I ask putting the seat belt.

She doesn't reply so I ask her another question. "Why you giving me that look?"

"How long does it take you get dressed?" She say's as the puts the key in the key hole and turns it.

"Atleast it was shorter than the time you need time to take a bath!" I come back.

"HAHAHHA!" she gives a fake laugh and the engine roars and off we hit the roads.

I help myself to the radio. I press the next button to a random radio station and I withdrew my hand when I heard a voice from the jockey "Just to make your day better, we are playing Kiss You by One Direction and you're welcome!"

No sooner I heard this I was on cloud 9! My heary beat increased! I could feel my heart's urge to break through the ribcage! My hands were slightly shivering. I slowly took my shaky hand to my face and and covered my nose and mouth in V-shape. I only say "Oh my God!"

"Shut up and listen or I'll turn off the radio!" Olivia says to dissapoint me while her focus is the road.

"You're so wicked! Let me have my Directioner moment!" I reply to her completely ignoring her blackmail.

I just can't stop fangirling over the song and I act high till the song gets over.

"Phew...." Oli chants.

"Yeah yeah...it's over...hope your happy!" I say to her knowing the fact that she found my fangirling moment funny.

"Heeey...c'mon D!" She say's keeping her hand on my tigh. For the next few minutes we speak some random shit.

"There you go...." Oli says as she parks the car in the parking space.

We get out of the car and Oli just clicks her remote to make sure she has locked the car. We walk inside quick as it's really hot and I feel really refreshed as soon as the cool air in the mall makes contact with my warm skin.

"Um....do we go to H&M's?" Oli says as she keep fidgeting with her phone

"Look's like there's some sale."

"Yeah...Anything's cool!" I say staring at the billiboard of H&M's.

"Oh...kay!" Oli replies and starts moving toward H&M's and I walk with her following her lead. We see some clothes which are nice and fancy and totally apt for Olivia.

"Do you like this?" Oli asks me as she holds a blue top which says "TAKEN BY MY BEST FRIEND!"

"Yeah!" I laugh

"Okay then...it goes in the shopping bag."

She says as she drops the top inside the shopping bag thats with me.

We buy another top for Oli after I won the argument of whether or not I should buy something for myself.

"You always do this....why can't you let me buy something for you?" She still holds on to the topic.

This girl really make me wonder why she's my best friend.

"I'll buy from another place..." I say with a calm tone as we come out of H&M's.

Oli's phone rings, "Where are you?" She says to the person on the other end.

"Where?" She says again and looks at me and I raise my left eyebrow up indicating her to know who it was. But she never says anything. AS ALWAYS!

"Okay...you know what I'm not gonna search for you. You want something from me right! Then it you who should be searching for me!" She orders the person.

"Okay...Diana and I are on the 1st floor, standing in front of H&M's" she orders for the last time as she disconnects the call.

"I have no clue why is he so dumb even though he is related to me!"

I let out a laugh "Who?"

"Who else! Mike!" She looks at me and does an eye roll.

"He's not that bad!" I say letting out another laugh.

"That's because you don't meet him everyday!" Oli proves her point.

Mike Braggs cousin of Olivia and who happens to be one of the popular boy of school, is in the soccer team and is also good looking. By good looking I mean HOT! He's a nice guy, just talk's a little more than required.

"He's here?" I ask

"Unfortunately!" Oli says with total disappointment in her tone.

"He called me when you were gettin ready. I promised him to give him this tee he wanted..." she says lookin at the phone.

"Oli" I turn to see Mike with his best friend. Shit! His best friend!

"Hey Diana!" He says with a cute smile!

He looks really nice. He's wearing a simple blue tee and trousers with black sneakers.

"Hey Mike!" I reply and I exchange a smile with his best friend.

"Don't you 'hey' us alright!" Oli says nudging Mike.

"I said I'm sorry! We didn't get permission to leave!"

Mike explains and his best friend gives an assurance by saying "Yeah!" with his deep voice.

"Whatever!" Oli's basic dialogue is said by her.

"We've gotta get back to Ashton's house. So can we go and get my tee." Mike says to Oli.

"It isn't your's yet." Oli states.

"Gosh! C'mon and let's make it mine!" Mike says with a pissed tone.

There's this kind of awkaward silence between Mike's best friend and me.

But it's broken when Oli turns to me and says "Hey D! You stay here with Edward. We'll go get the tee quick."

Nooooooooooooooo! No...no ways!!!

"We'll come along too.." Mike's best friend, Edward says

"Nah...it'll drive you crazy bro!" Mike comments

"That's because you are accompanying." Oli adds on to Mike's comment to which Mike makes a wierd face.

"So...Diana and I will be in....Food and Me!" Mike's best friend says looking at me asking for a look of agreement.

No ways! I'm not going anywhere with you!

"Cool! We'll be back soon!" Oli says. I look at Oli giving a puppy look which she fails to understand and leaves with Mike.

Great! Here I am with Mike's best friend, Edward Rephlin. Again, EDWARD REPHLIN.

Edward Rephlin is another popular guy in school like Mike. Actually more popular. He is handsome! He is like the perfect dream man material. But, I don't really like him.

There is complete silence between Edward and I. We are almost inside 'Food and Me' and Edward broke the silence.

"You don't really speak, do You?" He says with a smirk.

I do...but not to you!

"I do!" I speak back

"Oh...should I be surprised?" He asks putting his hands in the pocket of his denims.

Look! This is why I don't like him! What's his problem!

He gives me way to open the huge glass door of 'Food and Me.' I push it and I could feel that Edward was right behind me.

"What do you want?" Edward asks me looking at the menu that's been put up.

"No...I'm fine...thank you." I reply.

This was like a nightmare come true. I just feel like walking out of the place. Spending time with Edward Rephlin would be something I would have never dreamed of and also would be the last thing I would do.

"I know you're fine....I asked you what would you like to have?" He jokes looking at me and smirking and I would say the lamest joke I've heard.

I just feel like taking my bag and trashing him.

"I don't want anything!" I say with a slight irritation.

Damn Olivia and Mike! I'm stuck with this idiot!

"Okay...you sit here...I'll bring something for myself." He say's as he pulls a chair from the nearest table and indicates me to sit.

I must say this boy has manners. A little bit alteast.

I sit on the chair pulled by Edward and I could sense the smell of his perfume as he leaves to bring something for himself. I hear a vibrating sound and I assume it's my phone ringing. I answer it

"Yes Oli!"

"D, I'm so sorry! I know you hate me...but I couldn't help it! I will be back soon!" She apologises

"You won't be forgiven! Mind you!" I say this as I stare at Edward's personality as he is ordering something.

I see his mouth curving into a smile as a man answers his request.

"I will make up for it! I swear!" Oli interupts my observation

"I doubt it!" I tell Oli with a wicked laugh.

Now, Edward reached to his pocket on the side and removes his wallet. He fetched out a red card and hands it over to the same man with a smile. Looks like Edward does have manners. I'm suprised!

"Ok...I will make up! Leave that to me....I can see Mike coming...so bye..." Oli speaks as fast as she can.

I can say I understood everything because of my experience since 12 years! I caught Edward looking at me and I didn't give a damn.

"There you go!" Edward says as he hands out a cup to me.

"For me?" I inquire

Edward looks around stands up from chair looks around again and sits down on his chair.

"I looked around everywhere. It looks like I came only with you right? So ofcourse it's for you!" Edwards expalins

KILL ME NOW!

"But I told you I didn't need anything!" I prove myself right.

Can I kill Edward?

"Yeah I know! So you think I'll let you stare at me when I'm drinking my shake?" He argues

I HATE EDWARD REPHLIN I REAPEAT! I HATE EDWARD REPHLIN!

I don't utter a word so I just quietly take the cup that's in front of me. Edward has already started sipping his drink.

"It's chocolate shake...the same as mine!" He says as he stops sipping his drink

"Thanks!" I appreciate

"You're welcome. Um...hope you like it. It's my favourite here....so I just thought that it will be the best to get it for you too!" He says with a smile.

I don't say anything but I smile.

*Awkward silence again*

"So....you had coaching today?" I ask just to let him know that I speak and I'm not as dumb as he thinks

"Uh...yeah...like everyday! But today we had to give coaching to the juniors....cute kids I tell you." He says lauging to himself.

I guess he's not that bad. But I Don't care! I still don't like him.

"What have you been doing?" He asks me sipping his shake making zero percent eye contact.

"Um...nothing much...just with Olivia...and getting ready for school." I answer his question without making eye contact.

"Are you...." Edward says these two words but his sentence remains unspoken as his phone rings.

"Excuse me...." he says and he answers the call

"Yeah...." he speaks to the person on the other end. "I can't okay....I'm with someone now" and he looks at me and smiles "...And I have to get going to Ashton's house...." he says with a littile irritation in his tone.

"Julia....I'm sorry....If I could...I would have come right!" He says with more irritation in his tone.

Ofcourse Julia!

Julia is Edwards girlfriend. I guess since 2-3 years. She's beautiful and hot! She one of the most popular girls' in school! But, she's not that nice. I have no clue how Edward and Julia fell in love because mostly everybody in school saw them together out of the blue but they go well together.

When I was thinking about Julia, Edward just looks at me and little do I realise that he's done speaking to Julia.

"You done drinking?" He inquires

"Yeah." I respond

"Finally..there they come!" Edward says as he shifts his eyes from me to the people behind me. It's Mike and Olivia.

"Bro...let's go...Ashton called me like a couple of times" Mike informs Edward

"Really? Alright...then we'll get going."
Edward says completely ignoring me now.

THIS IS THE REAL EDWARD REPHLIN.

I knew it that this boy is disgusting!

"Bye Oli......see you soon Diana" Mike says with a cute smile unlike Edward who was just there saying nothing.

"Yeah Mike..." I say with a smile.

Edward's just fidgeting with his phone. Looser!

All Edward does before leaving with Mike is smile. I don't smile back because I was really pissed. Like one minute he's nice to me and speaks and the next moment he barely gives a smile!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Hey D?" Oli calls out to me as I'm folding clothes from the laundry.

"Yeah?" I answer her as I'm folding my pyjamas.

"I'm sorry again for leaving you with Edward." Oli apolagises as she helps me in folding.

"It's alright..." I let it go

"Like....I didn't know what to do....so...." Oli explains herself.

"It's absolutely alright Oli....I bet!" I assure her giving her a smile.

"Can I ask you question?" Oli requests

"Uh huh!" I agree

"But....you have to answer...." she says rather demanding

"What's going in that mind?" I squint my eyes at her

"Why don't you like Edward?" she's confused

"Edward Kinsley?" I ask her purposely even though I knew exactly what she's talking about.

"Nope....Rephlin!" She mentions

I freeze. Oli has asked me this question before but I always gave her a vague answer thus leaving her unanswered.

"Why do act so strange when he's around? You can't even stand his name!" She states

I let out a sigh and inorder to hide my confused face I take the clothes in my hand and move towards my wardrobe to keep them back.

"It's not what you think Oli...we're just not that close to each other....we barely see each other in school...so....we don't have a great friendship."

"What rubbish? What do you mean you guys don't see each other everyday? He stays few blockes ahead !" Oli speaks like an optimist

"So? Doesn't mean that I see him everyday!" I confirm. Actually it was true. I don't see him everyday.

Actually...I see him every alternative day...nothing serious....I just see his car passing by

"Atleast you should see his car passing by!" Oli speaks my mind.

"Oli..c'mon....I said it's not a big deal....we're just not alike, okay....so...we're not friends" I voice out

"It's not about your friendship with him that I'm asking you! It's just that I'm asking the reason why you don't really like him." Oli enquires

I know for sure that there's no way I could be vague to Oli today . She will not let go of the matter that I've always ignored. So I deciede to just tell her the matter

"Okay....so you're right!" I gulp the nervousness

"About your dislike towards Edward?" Oli makes it clear

"Yeah...." I state

"I'm listening" Oli says as she takes a seat on my bed and indicates me to sit beside her. I do as directed and start telling her the reason why I don't really like Edward Rephlin.

"Once..." I begin "I was in French class and all my other friends' tables were full so I had to sit with Brendon. So before I could sit with him Edward just comes and asks if he could get in.."

I see Oli listening to me as if I'm telling her the script to the next Oscar nomination.

I continue "So Brendon says that he's not gonna move and that he's my friend and he would sit next to me so Edward could sit where he is. So Edward asks Brendon "Since when are you friend's with Diana? Do you even know her?" And he laughs."

I could say that by hearing what I just said did make Oli sad.

"He shouldn't have done that." Oli says placing her hand on mine.

"Also....one day I was passing by his house and I saw him sitting and it looked like he was crying..."

"D, are you nuts! Edward never cries!" Oli cuts me off

I roll my eyes at her and she apologises as she knows that she made a mistake by cutting me off.

"So as I was saying..the other day Edward was sad. So when I went to him and asked him about it he said he was alright and he was in a good mood but what happend next took me aback..."

I stopped cuz it hurt me to recollect that incident.

"It's alright D..." Oli consoles

I shake me head "Julia came along and I asked Edward one last time just to make sure if he was really alright. But this time....he yelled at me....he told me that I was just pretending and asking about him for the heck of it. He then left the place. Julia asked me what I was doing there and when I had told her that I had just come to check Edward, she yelled at me too. So it seemed like my act of kindness wasn't appreciated"

I fake a smile.

"It's alright D....you don't need those people anyways..."

"So...that's the reason I keep my distance from Edward. I dislike him ever since then. He made me feel terrible and..."

Oli doesn't let me continue as she hugs me. This hug felt like all I ever wanted. Olivia Zelleger was the only person that made me feel speacial....apart from One Direction.

"I'm so sorry D.....I should have known that Edward has turned into someone else ever since Julia and him are together." Olivia lets me know to make me feel better.

I paused for a while and rewinded that whole moment in my mind. It not only made me cringe but also made me feel like a looser. Even now I have no clue why Edward behaved like that 3 years ago.

Edward was my friend...I guess. No!!! He wasn't my friend and he never will be!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 23.9K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
236K 6.9K 61
Josephine Pryce will do anything to get out of Lakeville even if it means simply tutoring her arch-nemesis Flynn Cauley. Except when it comes to him...
316K 5.6K 43
She was an ordinary girl in high school. On her last day at school, Alison tells her crush that she likes him. Soon after she moves to Canada and ret...
3.3M 144K 34
Alicia hates Jake more than she has ever hated anything and anyone in her life. The hatred started at a party one night, when Jake gave her a fake n...