Entertainer.

By rockhoe

She was an entertainer, and he was a professional wrestler. Being entertainment's "It" couple, Bret and Kat... More

cast // intro
2: "why did you do that?"
3: a hart's dinner.
4: i'm done
5: love & confessions.
6: reprimanded.
7: forever.
8: oh, no.
9: the talk.
10: it's over now.
11: woke up in japan.
12: "bret's going to what now?"
13: milestones.
14: want you back.
15: brother vs brother.
16: wrestlemania 86.
17: "here we go."
18: the "it" baby.
19: oh, baby!
20: bombshells.
21: family bonding.
22: uncles night.
23: workhorse.
24: a quarrel.

1: "i'll make you fall in love with me."

3.1K 52 126
By rockhoe

Sometime in April of 1985.

"Hey, Kat. Ready for that date?"

"In your dreams, you bag of shit." I rolled my eyes at the random cat-caller putting up some of the stage.

"Leave her alone, Reggie!"

I turned around, smiling. Arms embraced me tightly as the man chuckled.

"Katrina, you look phenomenal." Stu gave me a small smile.

"You look even better. Thank you for coming and watching me today. And your son." I wrapped my arms around the older man, happily.

"We enjoy coming to see you. And the other two. You know my boys– they all love you." He gave me a toothy grin.

"Well I love them too. Where is that boneheaded son big of yours?" I grinned, crossing my arms.

"Dean most definitely isn't here." Stu leaned closer to me, raising his eyebrows.

"Ha-ha. I meant the other one." I mused.

"Bruce doesn't work here. He's being a pain in my ass." The older man shrugged playfully.

"I mean Bret! You know big, longer hair. Has a nice tan but is really annoying, complains a whole lot?" I quirked my perfectly shaped brow.

A loud squeal left my mouth when a pair of arms wrapped around me. Lifting me up and over their shoulder, the man chuckled.

"Dammit Bret! Let me now!" I laughed, squirming as best I could.

"Not until you say the safe word." The brunette gleefully mused.

"Please let me down or I will personally castrate you." I said sarcastically in a peppy tone.

"The safe word was pineapple. But I'll let you down because you asked so nicely." He said with a smirk.

Bret smiled, letting his arms loosely hang around my waist. I leaned into him with a smile as I looked back at Stu. He only shook his head, watching us.

"I found him." Was all he said as he began to walk away.

We both laughed as we watched the patriarch of the Hart family hobble his way back into his cadillac, and drive off.

"What did you need, Kat?" Bret asked, grabbing my attention.

"I just wanted to see you." I smiled innocently up at him.

"You expect me to believe that?" He raised his brow, looking at me with humor in his eyes.

"I've never lied to you before, pretty boy. Why would I do that now?" I pouted innocently, wrapping my arms around his neck.

Bret licked his lips, staring down at me. I grinned devilishly, looking him up and down. Then sauntered away, making sure to sway my hips as walked.

Nothing wrong with giving him a show.

Being a performer isn't easy. I'm always on the spot. Always. 

Enter my life for a day and you'll see what I mean.

Some would say I shake my ass for a living on a stage. Most would disagree and say that I captivated an audience. One thing was for damn sure. Whenever I was around I made sure everyone knew I was the star of the show.

In my most recent case, I was now the star of something I had never done in my life. I was now involved in the WWF. I had never wrestled a day in my life. But I was escorting my boyfriend to the ring. And that guy just happened to be The Hitman, Bret Hart. A second generation wrestler, currently pursuing the Tag Belts from his brother in law Davey Boy Smith and his ill hearted cousin Tom – who we all knew as Dynamite Kid.

I wasn't really in a relationship with Bret. We had been friends for a while. Years to be exact. We actually had went out a couple of times before this little arrangement happened. Nothing ever really sparked.

The arrangement, you ask? To the public Bret Hart and I were a couple who were madly in love and willing to do anything for one another. In reality. The two of us couldn't be more different than night and day.

How did Bret fit into my career? Funny. He really doesn't. However he never had let me down when it came to any kind of event I was in. He was always there. He seemed to my shining light in the darkness that surrounded me.

I brung men from all around the world to their knees. All kinds of men. Married men. Old men. Young boys. Most of the locker room. It didn't take a lot for me to notice. I mean, I was young. I was confident, and I knew exactly how to make any man wanting more.

Vince McMahon must have noticed when I showed up to support Bret and his brother in laws, Jim and Davey for their match in New York. Because within a week I was in his office listening to him. I didn't know how to feel about Vince. He seemed smart, but there was something about him I didn't trust. Maybe it was because I caught him ogling at my boobs more than once. Never the less though, here I am.

"Hey, girl." The familiarity of the British voice brought a smile to my face.

"Davey! What a coincidence!" I laughed, whirling around and quirking my brow at the Brit.

"Sod off. How was your days off?" He grinned widely, standing aside me.

"Horrible. I didn't get laid." I sarcastically sighed, shaking my head.

"I'm sure Bret could help with that situation." He chuckled a little.

"No thanks. Now you, I would be able to tolerate." I waved him off, sneering.

"I'm flattered." Davey put his hand on his chest. Feigning a heartfelt motion.

"Where is your darling cousin at this time, Smith?" I crossed my arms, staring up at the chiseled man.

"Dunno. Probably doing something he's not suppos'ta." He frowned heavily. As if it were just now dawning on him that Dynamite was no where to be found, he raced off.

I snickered, rolling my eyes while I turned on my heel. Making my way down the hallway, I smiled fakely some of the girls backstage. It was no secret they didn't like me. There was no woman in this place that truly intimidated me. There wasn't even a rightful champion in my eyes. But what did I know? All I knew about any kind of wrestling I was involved in was that I was a bad character. Seeing as that Bret and Jim are the bad guys right now. It made it easy for the crowd to hate me. I was mostly a bitch anyways.

"Damn Kat. You know how to make a mans jeans get tight when you wear shit like that." Curt Henning whistled at me as I strolled by him.

I stopped, looking down at my outfit. I was only wearing a pair of ripped up blue jeans, a shirt that I had cut up, mostly. It fell just right at my ribs. My stomach was barely showing. Then again, I could wear a fucking pant suit around these guys and they would say I was their goddess.

"Awh, Curt. Thanks. Aren't you married though?" I called out, smirking over my shoulder at him.

"Sometimes I wonder when I look at you." He smirked back.

"Gross. How is your family? You said your son just had a birthday." I smiled, tilting my head.

"Yeah. He just turned seven. The wife said hello again." The blonde man smiled indefinitely.

"Tell her I said hello in return." I replied sharply.

"So is tell me. What is it like kissing Hart? He's like a fucking statue out there when you get near him." Curt wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"It's too quick to judge. Besides, he isn't a statue. I just make him hard." I smirked.

Curt doubled over in laughter as he clenched his ribs. I laughed along with him before we said our goodbyes.

"You make everyone hard, Kat!" I heard him yell as I rounded the corner and rolled my eyes, snickering.

"Oh shit. Kat's laughing. Everybody scatter!" Jim yelled loudly, winking at me when I scowled at him.

"Cute Jimmy." I walked by him, patting his face.

"Bret. Control your woman." The bigger man whined in protest.

"Fight your own battles." Bret snorted, fixing his black tee shirt over his body.

"You're a dick, you know?" Jim said randomly.

"Anyways... I'm tired and I'm not driving tonight. So, can we go out and eat please? I'm tired of fast food." I gave Jim a pointed look before I stared up at Bret and bit my lip softly.

"Yeah. That sounds fine with me. What about you, Jim?" He practically nodded.

"As long as I can get a beer. I don't give a damn." The barbaric man snapped, shrugging.

"Thank you!" I jumped up, pressing a kiss to Bret's cheek.

"Dear god... just come on. You're so whipped, Bret." Jim shook his head, ushering the two of us down the hall.

"I'm not... whipped." Bret began forcefully before he grumbled the last part.

"Look. It's okay. It happens to a lot of people." Jim put his hand on Bret's muscular shoulder.

"What are you–"

"Bret if Kat asked you fuck her, would you?" Jim looked at Bret deadly serious.

"Um... hello! Right here." I scoffed, pointing to myself.

"It's okay toots, I'm coming for you next." Jim waved me off with a smirk.

"How do you know we haven't already." Bret chuckled smugly.

"Yeah. Bret and I could've hooked up long before you came into the family, big rhino." I mused, playing along.

"You're lying. You're both lying."

"You're right. Bret wouldn't have been able to make that joke because he would need medicine to comeback when I got done with him. You see, my pussy leaves men on special meds." I looked over at him and smirked as our eyes met.

He said nothing. I continued to smirk, knowing I was right. When wasn't I right?

"You're not wrong, Katrina." Bret winked at me, pushing past Jim. My eyes only widened a little at his response.

"I love this bantering. This is how Ellie and I ended up together." Jim sighed. I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or he was actually serious.

"Well as much as for some reason you want Bret and I together. It's not happening. So let's just go out, get drunk and drive to the next place." I grinned, patting the top of Jim's head, skipping past him and out the door.

Bret was leaning against the back of the van we were in for the night. All of our things had already been loaded inside. Jim came out grumbling under his breath as he grabbed the keys from Bret. After we all got inside, I laid my head against the window and watched the town lights begin to dim in our rear view mirror. It seemed this was all I was really used to anymore.

I longed for the days when I could sit happily at my house with a dog or two. Possibly a kid. And a guy who wasn't a complete sleaze.

I always did have a thing for Bret's older brother Dean. He just never seemed to notice me, or he just didn't care.

"Kit Kat, hey. Davey and Tom are going to a bar. You want to go with them? I know you're not big on Tom but–"

"Sure. I'm really parched and I want a drink." I turned my head and nodded.

"The princess of bitchery wants a drink? Did hell freeze over?" Jim mused.

I laughed sarcastically before reaching up and grabbing his beard. He yelped in pain. Screeching for Bret to help him, he began hitting my hand with one of his own.
Bret laughed in the seat beside us, putting one of his hands on the wheel while I yanked on Jim's beard even harder.
He screamed in agony before I grinned to myself and let go. Jim cursed heavily as he did his best to massage his chin.

"What the fuck Bret?!" He bumbled annoyed.

"Quit being a pussy. Be a man." The Hart chuckled as Jim glared over at him, parking the van.

"Thanks, Bret." I purred, my fingers playing with the hem of his shirt collar. My eyes went to his lips and then back to his eyes before I turned and hopped out of my seat.

"One of these days, when you two are married and you're fighting all the time. And you come to me for help. I'm repeating those same words." Jim announced, flipping us off as he swayed inside the doors to the bar.

"Please tell me we don't have to talk to Tom a whole lot while we're here." I pouted, looking up at Bret we walked side by side. Our arms touching with every step.

"No. We're heel, remember. We can't associate with him or Davey. ...Well directly anyways." He said slowly with a shake of his head.

"Right. So I sit in the corner and avoid eye contact." I nodded to myself.

"You're not a child, Kat. Don't act like one." He sneered, pulling open the door for us.

"And you must not be a man if you're talking to me like that." I looked him up and down with annoyance filling my veins.

I strut past him before he could even utter another word to me.

This is why Bret and I would never work. I'm surprised we've gotten this far in a profession environment. I learned a long time ago that Bret could be the world's biggest asshole there ever was. Sure I wasn't that much better. One thing I wasn't, was controlling. And that is exactly what Bret was. He had to have control. He craved it. When his head got to big for him, I was sure to burst his bubble and ruin his happiness.

"I'll take a Jack and coke, please." I placed my ID on the counter for the girl behind the counter. She quickly looked at it and nodded.

I spotted Jim on the opposite end of the bar already nursing a beer. On the other end was Davey and Tom. They celebrated their win tonight with a few other boys around them. As much as I loved Davey. I wasn't about to march my happy little ass over there to congratulate him.

After returning with my drink, I laid a couple of dollars on the counter, picking up my ID and waltzing to join Jim. Who was also joined by Bret and Curt. He glanced up at me and chuckled. I glared at him and sat down.

"When did Curt get here?" I mumbled quietly.

"When you were over there checking out the winners." Jim sat back, watching me.

"Hm. Should I just go ahead and leave? I feel like I'm about to get gang-banged." I glowered, pushing my blonde locks behind my ears.

"What happened with you and sad boy Hart? It's not even been ten minutes." Jim smirked, ignoring my comment.

"You know exactly what happened. The smart ass comments that his brain doesn't register before his dumbass says them pissed me off." I snapped, taking a long sip from my glass.

"Whoa. Slow down, witchy. I don't need you stripping." He protested, I rolled my eyes.

It would be a lot more fun than what's going on right now. This is a shit show.

"Kat."

I put on a fake smile and looked past Jim to where my name had been uttered. Looking into the eyes of Bret, I only wished my eyes had lasers in them at this moment.

"Come here." He waved me over.

Scoffing, I got up from the bar stool, walking over to Bret. Curt had gotten up and joined Jim. Leaving the two of us alone.

"It's a good thing I've had a drink in me. What do you want now, your highness?" I asked, curtsying him.

"To apologize. I was wrong to call you a child. You're a woman. Very much a woman. So I'm sorry if I made you mad." Bret started off.

"And?" I urged him.

"I didn't mean to piss you off. I need to realize you don't get my dry humor as much." He chuckled softly.

"You weren't being funny, I didn't see the humor." I stated bluntly, shrugging.

"That's why it's called dry humor, babe." He smirked.

"And?" I snorted, rolling my eyes.

"I love you." His face broke into a grin. I did my best to not smile. I really fucking did. I laughed and shoved his shoulder.

"I hate you." I smiled at him.

"I expected no less." Bret, pulled me into his arms, taking a swig of his beer.

"You're sleeping on the couch for at least a week." I hummed, my fingers absently playing with his curls.

"I'll deal with it." He smiled at me.

"I'm going to throw my heels at you every chance I get." I stayed seriously.

"I've been through worse." He shrugged.

"I'll-"

Bret cut me off pressing his lips to mine. It wasn't the first time we had ever kissed. I knew it would never be the last. His lips tasted like ale and mint. I kissed him back, delving my tongue into his mouth. Bret growled deep in his throat when I pulled away, smirking.

"I'll make you fall in love with me." I laughed, finishing off my drink.

"Challenge accepted, doll face."

Our lips met again. This time we could hear everyone everyone in the bar wolf whistling and urging Bret to keep on. I smirked against his lips, only for him to surprise me by deepening our kiss.

___________________________

Dun. Dun. Dunnnn.
Bonjour assholes. I'm back.

Thank mxkeovthill for this. She's my MVP.
Also, check out Fate. J.H.
It's lit y'all. Stay tuned for more soon. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

455K 8.2K 104
Lila was a Diva. From her first time watching WWE to the first time she stepped into a ring she knew that was where she belonged. Until her trust was...
13.3K 527 39
Jade loves her boyfriend but she wasn't expecting him. Unable to get him out of her mind what happens when they give in to their desire for each othe...
1.5K 3 41
Rain has been running all her life from a past she wants nothing more than to forget. But you can't always run from the past; sometimes you need to f...
33.6K 1.1K 39
She's got issues, so does he, more than anyone could possibly keep track of. The deception of those closest to them, an ex lover's obsessive behavior...