Concrete Rose (Dave East)

By dee_rae

"Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete? Provin nature's laws wrong it learned ho... More

Copyright ©️
Chapter 1
Announcement.
Chapter 2
Announcement
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
❤️❤️
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
New book cover
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
My heart is broken.
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Announcement.
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
IM BACK BITCHES 👏🏾
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Update
Update part 2
#MiyaMarcano

Chapter 35

24.5K 786 296
By dee_rae

Quick chapter. Please excuse any mistakes. I rushed this. Hope y'all enjoy.

"So you're in St. Thomas now," Summer asked Layla over FaceTime.

Layla nodded. "Yea, we were in St. John for the entire week of carnival and Sunday we came over to St. Thomas. However it's just me Rell and Maddison. The others went back home."

"Damn well look at you living your best life. You just vacationing all summer long. First New York, then St. John now St. Thomas," Summer laughed. "When yall going back to LA?"

"Within a week more than likely. Are you finally coming LA?"

"Yes yes, finally."

"Good," Layla cheered. "You can stay with me."

"That would be cool, if I was traveling for work, I would've had to stay in a hotel with my team but this is a personal trip so I'm flying solo."

The two continued talking until Layla heard a crash in the kitchen. "Girl lemme see what these two out here doing and I'll call you back."

Summer laughed. "Oh gosh here you go being loud again."

"Between Maddison and Rell I don't know who stresses me out more."

Layla got up and went out into the kitchen. "What is going on?"

Maddison sat on top island covered in chocolate with an open blender next to her. "Where is daddy?"

Maddison looked around. "I don't know."

Layla knew she was lying. "So how did you get on the counter?"

"I don't know."

Layla nodded. "Okay. Well I guess you don't mind going in time out."

Maddison quickly pointed downwards where Rell was trying to crawl outside to the deck. "Daddy there."

"Good girl," Layla laughed. She helped her off the counter and pulled her shirt off. "Let's get you cleaned up. Daddy will clean the kitchen."

Rell groaned once he realized Maddison ratted him out. "You're a traitor Mads."

Layla walked into the bathroom with Maddison. "You want a shower or a bath?"

"Shower," Maddison quickly said. For some reason she just didn't care for baths Layla realized.

"Hop in," Layla told her. She turned the water on warm. "Let's wash your hair one time."

Maddison groaned. "I no want to."

"You have chocolate in your hair. You're gonna go sleep and all the ants are gonna crawl in your hair," Layla told her as she went to get the toddler chair for her to sit in.

Maddison sighed dramatically as Layla returned and placed the chair in the shower. Layla applied a small amount of Shea Moisture Mango and Carrot shampoo to her hair to get the chocolate out. Although she wasn't the biggest fan of Shea Moisture she found that the product worked best in Maddison's hair.

After the first wash, Layla applied the Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus detangler. She took a wide tooth comb and detangle from the ends to the roots. Maddison whined and grew fussy but eventually calmed down.

Layla did one more wash then applied Shea Moisture Mango And Carrot Conditioner then covered her hair with a shower cap. After assisting Maddison in bathing herself, Layla rinsed out her hair out and wrapped her in a towel.

Layla picked her up off the floor. "Mhmmmm you smell so good."

Maddison giggled as Layla playfully sniffed her. "What do you wanna do today. Wanna go to the beach?"

"Yesss," Maddison yelled. "Beach beach beach."

"Urgh, why did I ask that, I just washed your hair," Layla told her as she set her down. "It doesn't matter. Go get a bathing suit."

Layla walked back to the kitchen to see Rell cleaning the island."Baby," she called out. "We're gonna go beach once you're done."

Rell nodded. "I'm almost finished."

"What were you trying to make?"

"Chocolate shakes," Rell responded shaking his head. "Big fail."

She came up behind him hugging him from the back. "Quick question."

"I'm listening."

"Living arrangements," she spoke. "Do we move in together offically or do we wait? I don't know."

He turned around and wrapped his arms around her. "How about we find a new place for all of us to start fresh."

Layla nodded slowly. "But do you want to sell your house. I mean what about Chanel, how do you think Maddison would feel?"

Rell stopped to think. "We could ask her. I don't think she'll mind and I don't need the house to remember Chanel. Before she passed, she left a few letters to be opened in the future when the time is right. I had the house built. I can always sell it or rent it out."

"Okay, well when we get back home I can start looking."

Rell smiled in her face. "Home," he repeated. "Home is wherever you and Maddison are." He pushed his face into her neck hugging her close.

She hugged him back as he squeezed her ass. "Really I thought we were having a sentimental moment just now."

Rell placed kissed up her neck until their lips connected. He tilted her head back as he explored her mouth with his tongue. He lifted her swiftly onto the kitchen island where they were now at the same height.

"You love me," he asked. Layla held onto his face nodding. "Forever." He smiled and crushed their lips together.

The sound of small feet running their way, made them pull apart. Maddison ran into the kitchen with her robe on and her bathing suit in her hand. "Beach beach beach."

Rell stepped back and helped Layla down off the island. "Okay let's go put on our bathing suits," Layla said walking Maddison back to her room. She looked back and smirked at him. "Imma be back boo."

Rell stretched trying to hide his blushing. He couldn't be any happier in life right now. Since he had met Layla he was able to fulfill his dreams— getting out the game and going legal, meeting the love of his life and just being truly happy and content for once in his life.

The amount of money in his bank account could never make him as happy as he was now. His daughter was happy and healthy and growing everyday and his soon to be wife was all he had ever dreamed of.

Layla came back into the kitchen. "Hey," she called out. "Why you smiling like that?"

"Come here," he said pulling her into him. "I love you."

"We tell each other that a lot."

"As we should," he responded. "I'm truly happy."

Layla smiled up at him. "I am too."

After a few moments of just smiling in each other face, Layla was the first to break. "Okay let's make some sandwiches and stuff to bring to the beach."

"I'll pack the cooler first," Rell volunteered.

"Don't forget water. All y'all do is drink juice and soda."

"Yes mother."

——————————————

It didn't take long for them to reach Magen's bay beach which was less than 5 minutes away. They drove until they found a shaded area that was isolated.

Layla and Rell set up the chairs and blankets while Maddison played in the sand.

They both laid on the blanket watching Maddison from afar.

"So I thought I had to wait six weeks to find out if I passed NCLEX."

"How long does it take," he asked her.

"TWO DAYS."

"Well did you checked," he laughed. "It's been a few weeks now."

"I'm scared to look what if I failed?"

"Then you'll just take it again."

Layla head snapped up at him. "Do you know how long I've been studying for this test?"

Rell shrugged.

"Since I started nursing school, so I better pass."

"Well then check," he dragged out.

Layla pulled out her phone and went to her email. She followed the directions and logged into the website. She handed Rell the phone, "you check."

Rell took the phone and browsed the website. His eyebrows furrowed together and Layla's heart began beating faster. "What does it say?"

"Hold on."

"Did I fail?"

"Wait."

"Oh my gosh I failed."

Rell laughed when he saw her face. "Just playing baby, you passed."

Layla jumped up. "You're lying."

"No seriously look," he said handing her the phone.

Layla read the screen. "Oh my gosh I fucking passed."

She took a screenshot and cropped the picture and sent it to Nadirah and her father. She downloaded the certificate and sent it to her boss's email.

"I passed I passed I passed," she chanted while twerking. Rell hyped her and recorded her.

She climbed on top of him laying her head down on chest. "I can't believe it. It's official."

Rell hugged her. "Congrats baby."

Maddison ran over getting sand all on the blanket. "Come Lala. In water."

Layla got up and went with her. Rell followed as he took pictures of them both. "We have to do a photo album once we reach back."

Rell nodded. "We have a lot of pictures."

Maddison ran off to continue playing in the sand while they continued their photo shoot. "Just like that," Rell said hyping her. "Arch it."

Layla enjoyed the attention as she followed his direction. She walked over to the rocks on got on top. "These shit hot."

"Put that leg up higher," he instructed. "Damn look at that ass."

Layla giggled. "Did you take it?"

He nodded. "Come here lemme see something."

"What," she asked approaching him.

"Turn around," and when she did he dropped down so he was face to face with her ass. "This my shit right here."

He planted small kisses making his way up to her hip then her stomach. Layla stood in front of him holding onto his head.

"Baby," she called out. "Maddison is watching. You have to stop."

He continued his way up ending it with a kiss on her lip. When he turned around he saw Maddison peering at them. "Shit why she being nosey?"

Layla signaled her over and she came running. Halfway through she stumbled and fell face front into the sand. Rell ran and picked her up quickly, where she busted into tears. Layla helped him remove all the sand from her mouth. She went for a bottle of water from the picnic site.

"Here wash her face with this," she said. "I'll hold her."

Maddison cried as Rell tried to wash her face. "It's okay babe," Layla said trying to calm her down.

Once her cries calmed down, Layla inspected her face and body for any injuries. "No cuts no bruises, she's probably just hurting from the impact. She fell face first."

Rell nodded. Layla gave him Mads and they all laid down on the blanket. Layla pulled out three sub sandwiches and handed two to Rell and kept one. "What you want to drink," she asked.

"Sprite."

Layla handed him a water and smiled.

"Why you gonna ask if you not gonna give it to me?"

"I haven't seen you drink water all day," she exclaimed. "Who's gonna take care of you when your kidneys fail? Me and Maddison. Who's gonna have to sit next to you during dialysis? Me and Maddison. Who's—-"

Rell interrupted her. "Damn I got it."

Layla smiled. "Good." She handed him a fruit juice for Maddison and smaller sandwich.

They laid and talked until Maddison fell asleep. "My Baby always tired."

Rell laid her down and saw mosquito bites on her legs. "Damn look at this," he showed Layla.

"These mosquitoes are no joke, I have something at home for it. For now put this net over her."

They both stood and held hands as they walked closer to the shore. "Oh baby look at this sun on you."

Rell looked at her and smile. "Yea baby hype me."

Layla stepped back and began acting like a photographer. "Give me face baby, yaassss bitch."

Rell stood and turned as she took pictures. When she crouched down, Rell laughed out loud. "Okay okay. Let's get in the water."

"We gotta stay close to keep an eye on Maddi."

Rell nodded as he pulled her into the water. They played around as though they were kids. After an hour had pass, Layla saw Maddison sitting up.

"Oh my gosh. Look at her mean mug," Layla laughed. "Look just like her daddy."

Rell got out the water and went for her, bringing her in. "Hey mama," Layla cooed taking her. "Why you look so grumpy?"

Maddison laid her head on Layla's shoulder. "She still sleepy."

Rell wrapped his arms around Layla and looked down admiring his family.

Once theirs skins began pruning up, they got out of the water. They packed up the Jeep headed back.

—————————-
Rell and Layla laid together on the outside deck just chilling.

"My boss emailed me back saying that once I complete all the necessary steps once I reach back, I will be positioned in the ER since they're short staffed."

"Look at my registered nurse," he clapped. "I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you baby."

"Not to rain on your parade but I spoke to Drew a while ago while you were with Maddison."

Layla sat up and turned to him. "What's going on?"

"I had him hire some men to look after your condo while we were gone and they've seen Keith around there almost everyday."

"Do you know why he was in New York?"

Rell nodded. "He is a hitman."

"Excuse me?"

"He's a hitman."

"And you are not worried."

Rell shook his head. "Nah not really. He's sloppy as hell. So it would be easy to take him out."

"As in kill him," she asked.

"Yes Layla," he spoke. "He wants to kill me, you think I'm gonna let him live?"

Layla stayed silent.

"I don't want to but I have to."

"This is too much."

"I thought you said you would ride for me."

"I am. Did you hear me say I was not going to?"

Rell continued to look at her. "Tell me what you're thinking."

"Do you think it's Vizzini?"

"I wouldn't be surprised. He's been ghost and then all of a sudden there's a hitman out for me. And he's trying to get to me through you."

"So wait how did Keith graduate with me?"

"Apparently he had some documents forged and was able to get into UCLA with you."

Layla thought for a moment. "I've never seen him on campus before until my last semester. I had an issue with my schedule and I ended up taking an elective science class which had a lab. That's how I met him."

Rell nodded and she continued. "That's the only time I saw him in class, we didn't communicate outside of class. We were set as partners from the beginning."

"Don't worry about it I'll deal with him."

Layla nodded. "Aren't there any other way to deal with him other than killing him? What if you get caught?"

Rell shook his head. "Don't worry about all of that. I do what I have to do to protect you and Maddison."

"I won't be able to live with myself if I allow you to do this."

"Cmon Layla, don't cry," he begged. "Please."

"I don't want to you to get in trouble," she cried. "We're getting married and we're gonna have babies and what about Maddison? What are you gonna tell her?"

"Shhhh," he tried to console her. "Don't worry baby, we'll figure it out."

"I can't lose you again."

Rell nodded and kissed her forehead. "We'll figure it out."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

495K 16.3K 22
"I have heard many rumours about you, Mr Shelby." "Anything of interest?" "I could write a whole book about you, Mr Shelby." The smog ridden city had...
8.4K 376 60
Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete? Proving nature's laws wrong it learned how to walk without havin feet Funny it se...
24.3K 1K 47
As Twenty year Old Diamond Baker Enter A New World Of Work, Family, Friends, Adult Hood, And This Thing Called "Love". She Has To Manage To Keep Her...
158 7 10
warning: this book is quite explicit with sex so if you dont like please scroll or not read <3 nyla was known for being outgoing and loved to try new...