COVINSKY | tatbilb (updating)

By uwunikkie

one shots to satisfy your covinsky heart [request are open] ✨ top ratings as of the very beginning: #1 covi... More

driving lessons (fake dating au)
goodnight n go (college au)
bus trip (movie au)
lara jean version 2.0 (college au)
ski trip (movie au)
you are so beautiful (college au)
i wish you were mine (fake dating au)
i'm not jealous (college au)
i need a girl like you (best friend au)
you're mine (marriage au)
national boyfriend day (college au)
lara jean's scrunchy (marriage au)
kiss me in the pouring rain (college au)
you gonna marry me, covey? (marriage au) | 1
you gonna marry me, covey? (marriage au) | 2
halloween (marriage au)
roommates (college au)
merry christmas (marriage au)
new years day (peter pov & book au)
nudes (dating au)
love letter (book au)
forever alone (valentines day au)
look at me like you're in love (au) | 1
look at me like you're in love (au) | 2
look at me like you're in love (au) | 3
PDA (peter pov & book au)
the baby project
wrong number

promises are meant to be broken

5.4K 107 21
By uwunikkie

/ an: i want to cry and apologize how late this update was— this was one of my busiest week this whole month because of my family visiting! /

« covinsky prom au;
enchanted by taylor swift »

LJSC

There I was again tonight, forcing laughter, faking smiles
Same old tired, lonely place

[freshman year]

I sit at the empty table right next to the table full of food. I sigh to myself while I watch everyone interacting with each other. Why did I come again?

I look through the crowd and stop when I see a few teachers looking at me. I hover my hand over my forehead to cover my eyes. Before I see her, Mrs. Paterson walks towards me. "Lara Jean, why don't you go dance?"

"Uh, I don't..." I trace the outline of my cup from getting any more weirded out that a teacher had to come to a student, not because I was dancing inappropriately, but because I was simply alone.

"Just throw your hands and move around." Mrs. Paterson oddly moves around in a circle and tries to dance.

I give her a straight smile and thumbs up everytime she faces me from her circles.

"Nice moves, Mrs. P!" Someone comments right next to me. Mrs. Paterson and I turn our heads to the new person besides us. Peter frowns, "Hey, why'd you stop?"

"Thank you, Peter... I'll go ahead and leave you with Lara Jean." She waves goodbye and joins her huddle of teachers.

Peter looks around at everyone before his eyes meet mine. "Anyone sitting?"

It takes me a second to process what Peter just asked. "No..." I scoot over for him to sit down next to me.

"Do you have a date?"

"I actually don't." I glance to see him nodding his head. "Do you?"

"I did, but she's nowhere to be found." Peter says while I search for Gen through the crowd.

The same exact time, I see Gen and her group of friends looking at us and whispering at each other. Why did he say that when Gen's obviously staring at us? "Lara Jean, do you wanna dance?"

My eyes grow big when I hear him. "Me? You're asking me to dance?"

Peter quickly smiles at me and grabs my hand to make me stand up. "Yeah, why not?"

He pulls me towards the circle of teenagers dancing next to their friends and dates. I stand awkwardly while Peter dances like everyone next to me.

"Lara Jean, loosen up." He shakes me shoulders and keeps them there while he controls moves my stiff body from left to right.

I almost laugh when Peter narrows his eyes at me. "I really can't dance!"

"Even to Lady Gaga?" Peter asks while I can't help, but giggle at him.

I nod until I realize some people slow dance when a love song comes on. I gasp when Peter takes both my hands and places them on his shoulders.

"Since you can't dance to Gaga, then maybe you could dance to this song." He pulls me closer to him with his hands on my waist.

I avoid his gaze by looking at anywhere else, but him. We start to slowly sway and move while I try not to freak out.

"So, how are you liking school?"

I take a deep breath and answer him. "It's great, what about you?"

"It's alright, I was thinking of trying out for the lacrosse team." I look at Peter while he continues, "I was thinking of football, but the guys at lacrosse seemed cooler."

"Oh... Don't forget me when you get popular."

"How could I forget you? I would never forget you..." Peter chuckles and squeezes my waist, "and your horrible dancing."

I giggle at his comment before he starts to laugh with me. "Hey, I can always get better."

"I'll you give four years."

I raise my eyebrows in confusion. "Four years?"

He nods at me. "Yeah, at prom."

I stop for a second. "What do you mean prom?"

"Save me a dance for prom." Peter says while he grins at me with his all perfect smile. "Promise me." He takes his hand off my waist and shows me his pinky.

I hestitate for a second because promises were meant to be broken and four years was a long time, but just maybe... "Okay." I hook my pinky with his and seal the deal.

The lingering question kept me up
Two a.m., who do you love?

The rest of the homecoming dance, Peter and I spent the night laughing at my attempted embarrassing dance moves. I tripped a few times, but Peter helped me each time.

"Lara Jean, did you have fun tonight?" Margot asks quietly next to me at the back of the car.

"I think so." I play it cool knowing Margot would turn my mood down. "I just sat around."

Margot crosses her arms in front of her and looks straight at me. "Someone told me you were dancing with Peter Kavinsky?"

"Just a dance cause he saw me alone."

For the rest of the ride, I think about the possibilities of what might happen the rest of my high school knowing Peter's promise. Will Peter and I ever get together?

When we get home, I go straight to my room and lock the door then go straight to my closet. I reach the teal box at the top of my closet drawer and look at the previous letter written for Peter. I sigh and decide to write another letter.

I pace back in forth in my room and think about the things I could write to Peter. I look at the time and see that it was almost two in the morning, but I'm still wondering how much fun it was to be friends with Peter again.

I sit at my desk and start to write.

Dear Peter K...

Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you

[senior year]

I sit behind Peter in English. After the freshman homecoming dance, news got around that Gen and Peter got back together. He and I never got to talk because of school and Peter did become a lacrosse player just how he told me.

"Lara Jean," Peter turns to look at me, "Did you do the final essay?"

I shake my head. "No, I haven't."

Peter taps his fingers at my desk for me to look at him. "Do—"

The bells rings and I jump up from my seat without hearing another word from Peter. I knew the only way I could move on from this unrealistic love is if I ignore him.

I glance back at Peter to see him still at his seat with a frown on his face. I wonder what that's about?

"LJ!" Chris calls out when I'm at my locker.

"Ugh, I can't believe how annoying Gen can be with her new boyfriend."

"New boyfriend?"

Chris rolls her eyes. She knows I'm not into drama, but I ask wondering how Peter must feel like right now. "Yeah, it's a new college weirdo."

I see Peter walk across the hallway while he gives me a small smile. I let out a big sigh when it was too late for me to wave at him. "Peter!"

He turns towards my direction. "Covey... Did you finally want to confess that you actually did your english paper?"

I narrow my eyes at him. "I did, but I don't want to do it for you."

He purses his lips and fold his arms in front of him. "Lara Jean, you should know that I've been keeping up with my grades."

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow." I say before I feel a tug on my arm.

"Sure." I smile and walk out of the school.

The next school day, Peter meets me at my locker before our class. I stand tall when I see a few people glance at the two of us.

Peter leans on the locker besides mine. "Hey, Lara Jean... How do you think girls want to get asked when a guy ask them to go to prom?"

"Girls in general?" I close my locker and face him. He nods while I continue, "Well, a few girls like to get asked in front of a whole crowd of people and it just depends who you're asking."

He thanks me quickly. "I have to go, but I'll see you at Chemistry!"

I watch Peter walk away before I start to go back to History. I frown to myself when I realize that Peter was going to ask someone to prom. There is still a little hope in me that he asks me, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

In Chemistry, I sit behind Peter and wonder who he must have or will ask to prom. It kept me stick to my stomach the whole school day trying to figure out who she was.

My eyes almost bulge out when I see Peter throw a note on my desk. I see my name scribbled in the front of the note and open it.

Lara Jean, do you want to be my prom date?
yes or yeah

"Lara Jean?" Our teacher calls out in front of the class. "The answer?" I look at the whole class staring at me, including Peter.

Peter turns around and looks at the teacher to answer the question for me, "Covalent bonds."

The bell rings at the right time while most of the students run out of the class and ignore my embarrassing moment.

"Hey... You okay?"

"Yeah— wait, is this real?"

"I'm the girl you want to go to prom with?"

Peter chuckles and intertwines both his pinky fingers together just how we did during homecoming. "I made a promise to you in homecoming and I don't break my promises."

I'm wonder struck, blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew

[prom night]

"How'd you get mildly good at dancing?" Peter asks while we pull up my driveway.

I face him and laugh. "I don't know... I got a lot of criticism from before so I had to prove to myself that I could!"

Instead of Peter and I joining the rest of the senior class in after prom in the bowling alley, both of us decided to go get pancakes at the Corner Cafe. "Also, thanks for the midnight snack."

"You're welcome." Peter gets out of his car and opens the door for me. He walks me to my door. "I'll see you around, Lara Jean."

I give him a small smile before deciding to hug him. "I'll see you." I let go of him before I enter my house and run upstairs to my room.

I instantly sit at my desk and decide to write out the whole nights events in a letter. I frown when I realize that this must be the last letter that I write to Peter Kavinsky. His promise to me was fulfilled and it's all done.

When I change my clothes and freshen up for the night, I hear a knock on my door. I look at my window and see Peter's car still parked at my driveway. Why is he still here?

I look at the two letters that I wrote to Peter about our first kiss and the other about homecoming night. Maybe I could give it to him? I grab the letters and go downstairs to see Peter pacing in my front door.

"Lara Jean—" I stop him from speaking and hand him my letters.

"You wrote me letters?" Peter asks and I look down. It takes me a second to regret giving him my letters.

It's quiet between the two of us until I hear him take a deep breath and says, "Hey, do you wanna go on a date tomorrow?"

I was enchanted to meet you

/ an: I PROMISE MORE COVINSKY ONE SHOTS SOON. I hope you guys somewhat enjoyed this!

lots of love, nikkie!!

P.S. i was also lucky enough to meet and hug taylor swift in july so she's always in my heart! /

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 5.6K 69
Zero already has a boyfriend that she loves but finds out that he is cheating but she tries to work it out and stay with him. But then she goes to th...
1.5M 34.6K 59
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
793K 47.7K 120
Y/N L/N is an enigma. An outgoing, cheerful, smiley teenage boy. Happy, sociable, excitable. A hidden gem in the rough of Japan's younger soccer pl...
1M 33.4K 79
"𝙾𝚑, 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖! 𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚗𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜! 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢'𝚛𝚎...𝚍𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚕𝚐ä𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑...