UNJUSTIFIED HATRED {completed...

By jlarry

Having a childhood that could only be seen in horror movies, Emily Springs finally finds a safe haven when a... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1- NEW BEGINNING
CHAPTER 2- THE MEETING
CHAPTER 3- BUSTED
CHAPTER 4- GIVING IN
CHAPTER 5- YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!
Chapter 6 - DONE
CHAPTER 7- GOOD MORNING
CHAPTER 8- MISTAKE
CHAPTER 9- YEA THAT JUST HAPPENED.
CHAPTER 10- OH NO, HE DIDNT
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12- NO DEAL
CHAPTER 13 (not edited)
CHAPTER 14- NEW DAY
CHAPTER 15.
CHAPTER 16- D-DAY
CHAPTER 17- NEW PLAN (not edited)
PART B- HAPPY MARRIED LIFE
CHAPTER 19- MORNING AFTER
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21- APPOINTMENT
CHAPTER 22- breath of fresh air.
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24- reunited
CHAPTER 25 - PAYBACK.
Chapter 27- Big Reveal
CHAPTER 28- TORN
Chapter 29--Big mistake
CHAPTER 30 - L&D
Chapter 31
Chapter 32- DNA
Chapter 33- RESULTS
Chapter 34- Deal breaker
Chapter 35- So long, farewell
Authors note

Chapter 26

1.5K 69 15
By jlarry

"Dude where is your wife?" Josh asked Ash just as the first half of the game ended.

"I don't know" he replied getting up. It was another game day and Ash was again the host so his three closest friends were gathered in the living room.

Leaving the others in the living room, he walked to the kitchen to get some more drinks.

He ignored Michael when he asked him why he didn’t know where his wife was. He had no answer to the question since he didn’t see her leave. He remembered seeing her eat breakfast but hadn’t seen her since then. And of course she didn’t tell him where she was going since they didn’t have that type of relationship. They were both in a marriage where questions were not asked.
Michael joined him in the kitchen "So nothing has changed at all?"

Ash shook his head no taking a swig of his beer.

"So you still hate her?" Michael continued with his interrogation.  

"Yep. More than ever" was Ash’s answer. After Cindy’s revelation about Emily, Ash’s view of Emily changed for the worst. He now believed Emily to be the conniving whore he had always suspected her to be.

Michael tried to reason that Emily shouldn’t be the only one to be blamed for the pregnancy since it did in fact takes two.

Ash wasn’t having it though and remained adamant that she had used his vulnerability to her advantage and had gotten pregnant on purpose.

He also added that the baby wasn’t his. Even though he wasn’t 100% certain of his declaration, he knew with her promiscuous ways, there was a possibility the baby wasn’t his.

"You still believe that?" Michael asked.

"Yep" he replied before walking back to the living room.

Michael followed behind him with his own bottle of beer.

"You can't be still fanning over her mic?" Jeremy inquired as Michael joined them back in the living room.

"I'm not fanning over her. We are just friends and I'm worried about her"

Ash remained silent as Josh and Jeremy continued to taunt Michael on his juvenile feelings for Emily. Ash didn’t want to add anything since the plan to make Emily fall in love with Michael was a secret between Michael and himself.
When the argument suddenly became heated with Michael telling them to get out of his business, Ash decided that was his cue to change the subject.

“My boys are ready to make me proud” Ash boasted in reference to his team Barcelona that was dominating the game with a 2-0 win. The discussion from there went from Emily to the game.

They cheered and hollered for their teams as the game continued.

A couple of minutes into the second half, the door opening diverted their attention from the game. They turned to the door when they heard the front door closed. Ash watched to who see who it was; he knew it had to be Emily since Gladys was not working. He watched her walk inside the kitchen holding a pile of mails and a cup. She took a sip from her cup before setting the mail on the counter. Ash wasn’t surprised she was eating; it seemed every time he saw her she was stuffing something in her mouth.

She continued to look through the pile of mail, not noticing the other occupants in the room.

"Oh hey" she greeted finally seeing he had company. "I didn't know you guys were coming over" she addressed all three taking her jacket off. "Do you guys need something?  I would have prepared something had I known you were all coming over" she walked into the living room.

Ash took in her appearance as she walked over to them. She was wearing a maxi gown with her hair French braided to the side.

She looked fat, no she didn't look, she was fat, he thought disgusted. He was surprised she still hadn’t given birth to the baby yet since she looked ready to pop any minute. Ash wasn’t keeping up with her pregnancy so he wasn’t sure how far along she was and if the size of her bump was normal. She came to a halt and her face fell when she saw his facial expression.

"Hey" Michael said getting her attention. She forced a smile at him then returned the greeting.  He patted the space next to him for her to sit.  Ash saw her hesitate before sitting beside Michael.

Ash watched her glance nervously around allowing eye contact with everyone. It was obvious she felt out of place and they weren’t making it easy for her either by focusing their attention on her.

"You are glowing. Pregnancy sure agrees with you. You look beautiful" Michael complemented beaming at her.

Ash snorted at the lie "She look her a f*cking whale" he couldn’t believe how much she had changed. He remembered the old Emily, the one he couldn’t get enough of. Now he wouldn’t even touch her with a 6’in rod. 

"Ash!" Michael reprimanded while the others laughed. She tried to get up but Michael held her hand stopping her from doing so. "Stay. Don't let him get to you. Watch the game with me"

Ash watched her smile at Michael with tears in her eyes. He knew his words had cut deeper than he intended but he still couldn’t find it in himself to apologize.

 She blinked away the tears before giggling "I don't know much about soccer. Who is playing?"

“Barcelona and Manchester United" Michael explained. She nodded like she understood then sat back down. She squirm in her seat trying to get comfortable.

"Here" Michael handed her a pillow. She thanked him then placed the pillow behind her back.

"So how are you?" Ash held Michael ask. “How was the last appointment?” She sighed before answering "I am ok. I get very tired now. I can't get comfortable enough to sleep and when I do sleep I have to wake up very fifteen minutes to pee. My feet are swollen and my chest hurt" she rambled on.

Ash tried to tune their conversation out but since they were sitting in close proximity it was hard for him not to pick up on what they were saying.  They continued to discuss like old friends; he could see how comfortable she was with his best friend. He was quite happy that was the case since it meant Michael was doing a good job making her fall in love with him. Ash only hoped Michael wouldn’t take his sweet time doing so.

Deciding not to pay them any attention, he focused solely on the game. While Josh and Jeremy chitchatted on the ongoing game, Emily and Michael whispered to each other.

Despite Ash’s effort to ignore their conversation, he still picked up some of the things they were talking about. He heard her mention that the doctor was concerned about her blood pressure and she needed to rest adequately and not stress.  Ash couldn’t understand why she wasn’t getting enough sleep or stressed since she was literally doing nothing with herself. She had nothing to be stressed about since everything she needed was handed to her on a silver platter.

Ash watched her take her shoes off then rubbed her foot. He watched in slow motion as Michael dropped down to the floor then picked up her foot and proceeded to rub it.  

"You don't have to do that" she uttered drawing her foot from his grip.

He held her foot tighter then dismissed her. "I don't mind. I used to this for my sister and mom. They call the best feet rubber"

Letting it go, she closed her eyes then leaned her head back on the couch.

Ash looked at his friend with his mouth open then turned to Josh and Jeremy who also had the same expression.

'What the fuck?' Josh mouthed at Ash who shook his head back in response. He had to give it to Michael though; he was laying it thick.
"Where you taking a walk or something?" Michael asked Emily not caring that his friends where giving me a look. "No. I went to work earlier then I went for my driving lessons"

Ash listened to her talk to Michael about her day and he learnt that she had started driving school and was now working for his dad at his father’s charity organization.  All of these were news to him. He didn't know she was working or was even learning how to drive and worst that his father was behind all of these. Ash understood then why he never saw much of her anymore.

Ash wasn’t really surprised she didn’t know how to drive; he knew as poor as she was, she couldn’t afford to drive a car. He even doubted her parents could afford cars themselves. What was surprising was that his dad was paying for her driving lessons.

"So you know what you have having?" Michael's question brought him back. "No. Not yet. I'm still waiting "she replied glancing at Ash. She had asked him to accompany her to her last appointment so they could see what they were having. His response?

"F*ck off"
Michael predicted she was having a boy to which she giggled. She asked him how he figured and he replied that he just knew especially with the chest pain she had been having. They continued a back and forth batter of why chest pain wasn’t a sure sign and Michael could be wrong.  

"Bet on it?" Michael asked beaming at her. She returned the smile then stretched out her for him to take.
The cheerful attitude both Emily and Michael had with each other evoke an emotion in Ash.

"Can you both shut the f*ck up. We are trying to watch the game" he snapped pissed off. He wasn’t upset with the relationship they had going on; he was rather angry he couldn’t enjoy the game since they were both too distracting to ignore.

 "Dude. Calm down" Michael turned to Ash letting Emily's foot go.

"Don't f*cking tell me to calm down. You guys take that shit somewhere else. None of us wants to hear whatever the f*ck y'all talking about" Ash gestured to Josh and Jeremy and Josh nodded then "Yea we don’t care"

Michael told them to not listen to their conversation then if they didn’t care.

"It's hard not to when you are so close. Take it somewhere" Ash ordered harshly. Michael glared at him and Ash glared back.

They continued their stare off until Emily spoke. "I'm going to go upstairs" she said softly interrupting the stare down. Michael tried to assure her she didn’t have to do that but she insisted on going upstairs.

She thanked him for the foot rub then got up the couch.

She smoothed her dress before walking out the room then up the stairs.
"Dude what the fuck is your problem?" Michael snapped at Ash when she was no longer in sight. Ash not caring about his outburst told him he was interrupting the game.
Michael called him an ass while Ash shrugged at the insult. He wasn’t going to entertain Michael with talks about Emily.

"Did you ever ask her or wondered why she remains married to you despite how you treat her?" Michael asked not getting the hint.  

"She is a gold digger" Jeremy added his two cents. Michael ignored Jeremy waiting for Ash to respond and when Ash didn’t, Michael told him Emily married him because she believed it was the only way he would be in the baby's life.  

Ash knew that was a lie Emily probably made him believe; he was certain Emily only married him so she would benefit from the Hurley name and fortune.

Michael asked him why he wasn’t involved in the baby’s life and attending her OBGYN appointments with her.

"Why should I get involved when the baby is not mine?" Ash asked instead.

 "So if the baby turns out to be yours will you get involved and actually care?” Michael wanted to know.

"Sure" Ash answered not convincing as he took a swig of his beer. He wanted the conversation to be over. He wasn’t sure he would care if the baby turned out to be his; he doubted he would ever care for someone that came from Emily.

Ash knew that was what Michael had wanted him to say since he let the issue go and turned to the game instead.

They remained silent focusing on the game.

"I'm sorry I can't get it out my head" Josh blurted out. "Did you see the way she was walking?" He added laughing.

"Walking? More like waddling" Jeremy added joining in the laughter.
"She was like a f*cking penguin or something" Ash contributed laughing with his friends at his wife. They continued to laugh a full belly laugh with Josh falling on the floor.

"You guys are unbelievable. She is pregnant for God sake. Show some compassion" Michael scolded. They ignored him then laughed even harder when josh stood up imitating her walk. He started waddling and walking like someone who was carrying a ton in front of them would. 

"Can't believe I'm friends with you self-absorbed ass holes" Michael hissed at them before walking out. They stopped laughing to acknowledge his departure.

"What a sissy" Jeremy commented referring to Michael.

"He is in love with the girl that walks like this" Josh demonstrated again and they busted out laughing all over.

*****************

Ash turned when he heard Emily walk down the stairs. She had been locked up in her room and was finally coming down. He figured she might have overheard him and his friends and was too embarrassed to show her face.

 They made eye contact briefly and she looked away swiftly. He watched warily as she pull the food out the refrigerator, plated some then placed the plate in the microwave to heat up.

"What?" she asked when she noticed him staring at her.

"You are irritating" he bit out.

"I haven’t done anything to you"

"Your existence alone irritates me" he gave her his signature look of disgust. She had changed into her everyday ensemble: leggings and a t-shirt. Even though they weren’t the same, since they were different colors, he wanted to rip them off her and throw every leggings she owned away. He was tired of seeing her in the same outfit day after day.

His eyes fell on her feet and they widened at the sight.

He didn’t know how he hadn’t seen or noticed them before; they were incredibly swollen.

"Why the f*ck are your feet so f*cking swollen?" he blurted out, unable to help himself.

"I’m pregnant. It’s one of the pecks" was her reply.  He didn’t understand that logic so he didn’t believe her. He pointed at the plate of food she just took out of the microwave and told her to blame it on how much she ate and not the pregnancy. It would make sense for her feet to get bigger since she had been gaining plenty of weight.

He wanted to tell her she needed to eat better but held his tongue instead. It wasn’t his concern anyway. After all, her death would be his gain.

Ignoring him, she inhaled the food before taking a seat beside him, two seats separating them, then placed the plate and a glass of orange juice in front of herself.

"So you only came down for food?" he asked when she took a spoonful of lasagna.

She told him, she hadn’t eaten anything all day except some sandwiches and smoothie.

"Still doesn’t explain why you have that much food on your plate" he glanced at the hip of lasagna on her plate.

"For God sakes Ash, leave me alone. I am eating for two". She snapped at him. "More like eating for ten" he mumbled grimacing.

She told him she had a big baby and he would know that if he bothered to come to her doctor’s visit or even ask her about the baby.

He shrugged off her complaints taking a sip of his wine. The welfare of the child wasn’t a concern to him and if she had listened to him and had the abortion, they wouldn’t be discussing a baby or even be married.

He told her he couldn’t be involved with a baby that wasn’t his.

"It’s yours. You are going to look so stupid when I prove you wrong” she smirked then took another spoonful of lasagna.

"What’s stupid is you thinking Michael genuinely cares for you" he stated remembering what happened earlier. The whole thing was a little baffling to him. Sure the plan was to make her fall in love with Michael, but he didn’t have to go to such absurd length to accomplish that.  Ash made a mental note to tell his friend that he was doing too much and Emily wasn’t worth all that trouble.

"He cares about me more than you do" she returned taking a gulp of the orange juice.

"And why is that?" he asked turning fully to her on the other side then cocked his head to the side.

Emily shrugged "He is a nice guy who believe poor people are not beneath him".

"Or you're f*cking him" he accused. He felt his heart hammered on his chest when his eyes fell on pair of intense gray ones. He had always loved her eyes and been so close to her, he realized he missed looking at them.

"And prove you right?" she retorted maintaining eye contact.

Ash had no reply, it was a rhetorical question anyway. Sleeping with his best friend would prove him right. She continued when he didn’t say anything "Unlike you, I honor this union. I am not going to sour this marriage by messing around"

Ash scoffed at her words. What a lying sack of shit. He hadn’t touched her in months. There was no way she wasn’t getting satisfaction from somewhere else.

But where? He wondered turning away from her. If she wasn’t with Michael then who was she with?

"Besides I have much more dignity than you" her statement brought him back to her.

"You are just an idiot". She shrugged not affected by the insult. "Your opinion".

Ash felt like dumping her almost empty plate on her. Her nonchalant attitude pissed him off beyond belief. He suddenly had the overwhelming need to hurt her until she cried. He couldn’t hit her though, he wasn’t that terrible. He might be a lot of things but hitting women was not one of them.

What could he do to hurt her now? He thought to himself.  Having girls over didn’t faze her anymore, so he needed to be more creative. He scrunched his face in concentration ‘What to do? What to do?' he wondered.

Ah! A light bulb went off in his head. Pulling out his cellphone, he texted 'come over to my house tonight'.

Instead of texting back, she called 'Are you serious?' he heard her ask as soon as he picked up "Yep"

"You don’t want to?" he asked when she remained silent on the line.

"Of course I do. I missed you" she said softly.

"So come over" he urged, not like she needed it anyway. He heard her release a breath "Ok. I will be there later".

"Pack accordingly. You are staying the night". He noticed Emily’s hand tighten on her fork but otherwise continued to eat. He knew she had been pretending not to listen to his phone call.

He hung up but not before the caller told him she loved him. Ash dismissed her word without even a second thought; he knew there were just word of mouth.

 He grinned mischievously at how painful this would hurt Emily. This was the dramatic revelation he was planning and after three weeks of sleeping with her, the opportunity finally presents itself perfectly.

He watched her get up from the stool then walked to the sink. She silently washed the dish and glass before placing them in the dishwasher to dry.

"I have company over tonight" he said when she pulled a bottle of water out of the fridge then taking a gulp.

She nodded then added that she would be in her room.  He wanted to tell her he didn’t have follow his orders of being out of sight when he had company but refrained from saying so. Instead he said "Good. I’m glad you know your place now." There was no point running the surprise. He knew this would definitely seal the deal, and maybe even send her packing. He couldn’t wait to see her face. He watched with the sadistic smile as she walked away then up the stairs

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.2M 848K 81
The Highest Ranking: #2 Romance |Currently in Hot List| 08-Feb-18 #2 Romance |Currently in Hot List| 08-Jan-17 #2 Romance |Currently in Hot List| 21...
1.1M 30.6K 59
TW: mature themes and strong language, violence, sexual assault, self harm, manipulation, death, grief, etc. NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. ...
39.5K 1.7K 27
Morgan Cahill loved her job... that is, until her coworker-slash-cheating ex-boyfriend Justin was promoted to be her boss. All of a sudden Morgan's...
2.1M 68.9K 54
I pushed him with as much force as I could which made him stumble slightly but he succeeded in maintaining his balance and escaped from falling. That...