LightWeight

By TajiaMarie

Desiree looks perfect on the outside. She has money, fame, and looks. She's won countless awards for her Heav... More

Prologue
Step One
Step Two
Step Three
Step Four
Step Five : Smile Pretty
Step Six
Step Seven
Step Eight
Step Nine
Step Ten :Who Am I
Step Eleven
Step Twelve
Step Thirteen
Step Fourteen
Step Fifteen : Construction
Step Sixteen
Step Seventeen
Step Eighteen
Step Nineteen
Step Twenty: Caution
Step Twenty-One
Step Twenty-Two
Step Twenty-Three
Step Twenty-Four
Step Twenty-Five: My Revelation
Step Twenty-Six
Step Twenty-Seven
Step Twenty-Nine
Step Thirty : Infatuation
Step Thirty-One
Lightweight Overview
IGNORE NO LONGER VALID
Step Thirty-Two
Step Thirty-Three: Forgiveness
Step Thirty-Four
Step Thirty-Five:Infliction
Step Thirty-Six
Step Thirty-Seven
Step Thirty-Eight
Step Thirty-Nine
Acknowledgements/FAQa
Sequel!
Sequel Announcement!

Step Twenty-Eight

189 14 11
By TajiaMarie

            To put it easy, let’s just say a secretary was fired that same night.

Yes, my Mom was in the hospital.

No, she was not in a surgery, or even planned to get a surgery. She has fainted at the store with her friend and was getting extra test done.

Yes, they wanted me to come in.

No, it wasn’t for anything extremely deadly. The new was actually good, or bad, depending on if you look at the glass as half empty or full. After getting the tests done, the doctor discovered no change in cells. Absolutely nothing. This meant two things: the treatments were beginning to work, or they would come back with a vengeance. One comforted me to the max, while the other sent a violent shiver down me. The thought of more cells coming to kill her…it was the only thing that could scare me now.

But that was yesterday. My birthday was an eventful day, to say the least.  A lot happened, that can affect a lot of things. I haven’t spoken to Jailee. She isn’t answering her phone, and no one knows where she’s at. I had to call her Mom just to make sure she was okay- Jai wasn’t stupid. She knew her Mom would fly down here and whoop her tail if she even thought of hurting herself again, or word got out she disappeared for however long. She knew to call her Mom and tell her where she was. So a good thing is she’s safe in a hotel somewhere, bad news is her Mom swore not to tell anyone unless need be.

The person I had spoken to was Calvin. In fact, I was walking in the studio with him now since he agreed to come to the studio with me. I was making an EP album, at first because I knew this new album might take a while to finish, but now because there might not be another album.

I hadn’t told anybody yet, but I’m considering leaving the music industry alone for a lot of reasons. Music just isn’t the same for me right now, and I don’t want that to negatively impact anything. I put myself in as someone who did it as a passion, which I did, but too many other things are going on in my life for me to really do that. How can you give someone else your all when you don’t even know what your all is anymore? Then it was because I wanted to go to college. I had received acceptance letters already and even one to my dream college since I was born. Education was always first in my life, because Music is so temporary, and one day you’re on the top and the next you can be unknown. I just wanted a back-up plan.

“Finally decided to stop ignoring me.” Leslie said as we walked in.

“I’ve been ignoring a lot of people, Les.” I walked in the booth, my body and sense already knowing to get straight to business.

“Trust- you aren’t.” CJ said, lounging on the coach behind the sound equipment.

“Okay, so which track do you want to do?” Leslie asked.

“Um….the last one- no, seven.”

“Alright.”

            I stood in the booth, headphones over my ears to block out any other noise besides the music. Swaying a little to the beat, I opened my eyes to start singing.

“The slightest words you said/ Have all gone to my head/I hear angels sing in your voice/When you pull me close/Feelings I’ve never known/They mean everything/And leave me no choice”

Again, the intensity was one I would typically look away too. But not today. This time, I kept his gaze, despite the noticeable blush I knew was on my face.

“Light on my heart, light on my feet/Light in your eyes I can’t even speak/Do you even know how you make me weak?”

I was pretty sure he did, but I was okay with that. I can hardly count the number of guys that tried to break through but gave up. He kept trying with me, and didn’t give up like everyone before him. For that, he deserves the ability to make me weak in the knees and my heart run a mile race whenever he smiles at me. It’s okay.

“I’m a lightweight/Better be careful what you say/With every word I’m blown away/You’re in control of my heart/I’m a lightweight/Easy to fall, easy to break/With every move my whole world shakes/Keep me from falling apart”

All I needed now was glue; someone to pick me up when I fall and listen to when I come crying- as I’m prone to do. Once I get attached, I’m attached. Even I’ll admit that. It’s one of the reasons I kept a hard wall up- because I knew once it was down there was no recovery.

“Make a promise, please/You’ll always be in reach/Just in case I need/You there when I call/This is all so new/Seems too good to be true/Could this really be/A safe place to fall?”

I can’t say I’m all in though. I still have my issues with this entire thing. I’ve known people to go through obstacles to get the prize and then leave. I’ve known people who work and work to accomplish things, and once it’s done they turn and leave. I just hope I don’t push him away, and that he can understand I’m still struggling.

“Light on my heart, light on my feet/Light in your eyes I can’t even speak/Do you even know how you make me weak, oh whoa?”

“I’m a lightweight/Better be careful what you say/With every word I’m blown away/You’re in control of my heart/I’m a lightweight/Easy to fall, easy to break/With every move my whole world shakes/Keep me from falling apart/Keep me from falling down”

“Drowned in your love/It’s almost all too much/Handle with care/Say you’ll be there”

“Oh, I’m a lightweight/Better be careful what you say/With every word I’m blown away/You’re in control of my heart/I’m a lightweight/Easy to fall, easy to break/With every move my whole world shakes/Keep me from falling apart/Keep me from falling apart/Keep me from falling apart, oh/Falling apart”

Song ending, I opened my eyes and drank from the cup of water I always kept by in a stool by my seat. I sat the cup back down, waiting for Leslie to leave out of the booth. I pulled my pants up and slid my hands down in the back pockets as I exited the room, sitting on the couch next to a very alert Calvin.

“So…when was that song written?” He smirked, as if he had a clue of the date.

I shrugged, deciding to play the game along with him. “A few weeks ago.”

“Inspiration?”

I groaned, exaggerating it playful. “Some annoying little boy on tour that would not leave me alone! I swear I contemplated his downfall on more than one occasion.” I smiled as he frowned at me, obviously not liking this turn of events. “Buuuuttttt…eventually I grew to like his company, and now I crave it in a way, so he’s okay…I guess.” Of course I wasn’t telling him everything. I’m sure he’s smart enough to fill in the blanks.

            I felt those familiar arms snake around my waist, pulling me until I was snuggled tightly in his lap. Placing a kiss on my forehead, he rubbed the knuckles of my hand with his index and middle fingers. I sighed in relief, for a second concerned if it came out as a moan. When no one turned, and he didn’t snicker as any boy typically would, I was assured it sounded like it was meant: a sigh of contentment. I actually began to daze off a little as he did that.

“Okay,” Leslie said, bringing me from my half sleep. “Listen to this.”

            I swear I have the best team. The clock revealed it was a little after a hour since I left the booth (meaning I did, in fact doze off) and the track was ready with background music. Listening to it, it was as beautiful as it was meant to be. It was even more beautiful than the thought was in my head. Just as beautiful as the person it was about.

            Hours later, more like two, Calvin dropped me off at home to change. I would be going to the hotel with Micah, Calvin, and Tremaine to watch some movie they claimed I would enjoy a lot. So, I was being dropped off at my house as Calvin made a stop at the nearest Walgreens to pick up a few snacks for the night.

“I’ll leave the door unlocked for you.” I told him, taking his hand as he helped me out of the car.

“Okay, I’ll text you when I’m leaving the store.”

“Alright.” I jogged to my door, placing the key in to unlock it.

 As soon as I stepped in, I switched on the light so he knew I was in okay. I watched from the window as he pulled out and drove down the street. Untying my hair form the loose ponytail I had it in this morning, I shook it out as I walked up the stairs. For a second I was thrown off, because my room door was closed. I almost always kept it open when I left out so heat wouldn’t accumulate. But, that was an almost always, meaning sometimes I closed it if I was in a rush to leave. This morning was a rush.

Flicking on my light switch, I stopped in my tracks. There, standing in front of my bed was my worst nightmare. The thing that makes my skin crawl to this day. The thing to give me nightmares and daily doses of pills and a fear of everything that should be natural at me age.

Standing in the middle of my room…was my dad.

~

So, do I have to put questions for you to actually comment? Why can't you just ut your thoughts on the chapter. It's simple. I like it because...I don't like it because....Feedback makes me update faster and actually care more. I 'm seriously about to stop putting my all in a chapter if the 85 of you that read every chapter don't start commenting. I mean, you can vote but not comment? iunderstand if you're playing Catch Up, but most of you aren't. You really just don't understand how I take 3-5 hours of MY day to write something for people who won't take 5 minutes to tell me how it was....It looks selfish asl.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.5K 1.8K 60
My life's amazing, I have great friends, I have loving parents, and I'm in my senior year of high school. I really couldn't have asked for a better l...
42.6K 644 14
This story is about a girl named Desiree & her life is like hell to her, she's in high school-10th grade, her bully is Stephanie, her crush is Jacob...
88 1 10
People always believe that the way you appear on the outside is how you actually feel on the inside. Or they just simply don't put too much thought i...
6.8K 251 52
"I had always fit into people's standards. Perfect. People don't tell you how much it sucks to be perfect. They expect happiness. They expect a p...