Humdard. [Sequel]

By ThatPakistaniGurl

Sequel to Humsafar. More

Humdard.
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
His First Lady!
Sixteen.
Seventeen. (Part One)
Seventeen. (Part Two)
Eighteen.
Nineteen (Part 1)
Nineteen (Part 2)
Twenty. (Part One)
Twenty (Part Two)
Anaaya's Instagram.
Hassan's Instagram
Epilogue.
Sadqey Tumhare.

Six.

3.4K 203 20
By ThatPakistaniGurl

Slight description of what hassan is going through right now :))

Make sure to comment vote and tell me what you think so far.

Anaaya

They say that when a woman falls in love, she turns into an absolutely different person. She turns into a person she never thought she would become.

They say women fall in love easily, men fall in love with a woman's looks but a woman, she falls in love simply with how a man conducts himself.

Attraction and infatuation are a result of good looks, beauty and grace. But love? Love is different.

They say that love brings us pain, they say love hurts. But isn't the point of every single feeling in the world is to get hurt at some point?

So why should love be any different?

And love brought so much joy in Anaaya's life. She transformed into an epitome of a woman. Whether it was just love or whether it was Hassan's love, she didn't know.

Her marriage to him was the reason she was this person today. She couldn't imagine being a mature woman without him. She had no shame in admitting that Hassan changed her life. For the better.

And she knew she had changed him too. For the better.

A lot of people don't really believe in the notion of marriage but she believed in it as strongly as she believed in God.

Loving someone, Marrying someone, being theirs, it gives you someone you could trust, someone you could talk to, someone who would celebrate your wins and grieve your losses, someone who would forgive you without a second thought for your mistakes, someone who would show up, no questions asked, someone who wouldn't hesitate in walking with you for the rest of your life.

In good times and in bad.

Anaaya reckoned this was their bad time.

And she needed to be the strong pillar here, she needed to stay strong. For him.

For the man she loved.

She called up Sarah and asked about her children, wondering if they were asleep or awake.

Right now, she just wanted to hear the voice of someone she held close.

Sarah mentioned about Abaan being awake.

And so the five year old held the phone to talk to his mama.

"Hi sunshine." Anaaya whispered softly over the phone, nose red and eyes glassy.

"Hi mama!" The boy chirped back. His voice was enthusiastic but she could also hear the lethargic tone.

She knew he was tired. He was just too stubborn to sleep.

"Why aren't you asleep right now? You know it's past your bedtime." She said, and could actually hear him huffing.

She could imagine her boy with a sad pout on his face.

"But baba has to bring me fishes yet."

At the mention of Hassan's name and the hope in her son's voice, she wanted to break down.

But she sniffed.

"Mama and baba are a little occupied right now, Abaan. But once we're home, he'll bring you your fishes. Okay?

She explained to him.

She knew she could tell him about Hassan being in a hospital and he would understand it a little but she couldn't let him fall asleep like that.

"Okay, mama."

"Sweet dreams, Abaan."

So she ended the call and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

The surgery went on and on.

Anaaya hadn't felt as alone as she did in the cold waiting room. She had no body by her side.

Nobody to tell her that it was going to be okay, nobody to talk to, nobody that could console her.

She missed her home.

She missed Pakistan.

At a hard time like this, she wished she wasn't in a foreign land, she wished to be in the presence of her family.

She tapped her leg nervously as she sat against the wall, eyes closed as she mumbled some verses of the Quran. Verses that she knew would help her in this hard time.

She had faith that her God wouldn't put her in a situation that she couldn't handle. But she feared that she wasn't as strong as her God wanted her to be.

She stood up and decided to walk through the corridors, wincing as the pain in her abdomen and down under hurt her just slightly, it was nothing compared to what she was feeling in her heart.

Sitting in the cold, lifeless room made her have the worst of thoughts. So she decided to stand up and walk around.

Maybe seeing other people in their troubles would make my troubles less troubling.

It was a horrible thought. But seeing someone else is pain is a weirdly comforting feeling. It makes you feel like you're not the only one who is hurting.

Walking around the corridors, she saw all kinds of people. It was probably early hours of the morning, she couldn't remember how long it had been since she had even arrived at the hospital.

It had been several hours after all.

She saw their tired faces and troublesome eyes.

Anaaya's breath hitched as she suddenly saw the doctors through the transparent glass window, the doctors that were now going in the direction of the waiting room.

She walked ahead of them, entering the white painted room, as she stood at a corner.

She could see there were four of them, she stared at them with each and every inch of hope that she had within herself.

Hope that they were here to tell her that Hassan was okay.

That her husband was stronger than any accident and any injury.

That her husband was good enough to go home now, or in a few days.

That her husband, Hassan Ali Khan would be alright.

She saw the doctor nodding at each others before the one with dark blue scrubs stepped ahead, he gave her a polite smile and then started to talk.

"Mrs Hassan, I'm Dr Shepherd, I'm the neurosurgeon and your husband's main doctor." He introduced himself.

Anaaya nodded as he continued to speak.

"As you know your husband suffered a major accident, he was airlifted in this hospital. We took him to surgery right away since there were major risks involved."

Anaaya knew it was major. She had been told that by the intern, the nurse, another doctor and now him.

But who gave a fuck about that? People survived major accidents every day. Miracles happened.

"Since his skull couldn't protect the brain from trauma, he suffered a severe traumatic brain injury. We treated his brain as well as we could."

"And?"

"Mrs Hassan-"

"It's Anaaya, my name is Anaaya." She told him.

It wasn't that she had a problem with being called Mrs Hassan, but even hearing his name caused her to feel like something was getting ripped out of her chest.

Her Hassan, her beautiful Hassan.

"Right, Anaaya. Severe brain injuries can cause a lot of problems, limited function of arms or legs, abnormal speech or language, loss of thinking ability or emotional problems. The range of injuries and degree of recovery is very variable and varies on an individual basis."

Ya Allah. Please help him. Please help me. There's nothing in this life that I want more than Hassan. Please don't let him be in any pain. Please ease his hurt, please ease my hurt.

She prayed in her head, she couldn't fathom how she would survive if Hassan went through all of that. She couldn't fathom how Hassan would survive all of that.

He had to be okay.

He had to.

"He's gonna be unconscious for atleast twenty four hours, Thankfully, he's not in a coma, which could have happened."

He informed, putting a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"And when he wakes up? Is he going to be alright? You said, memory loss, is he going to remember me? Or himself?"

She knew there were far worse things to worry about. But she couldn't live in a world where her Hassan didn't remember her.

She couldn't.

The doctor sighed.

"I'm not sure. He might, he might not. That's the least of our worries right now." As he said that, another doctor stepped ahead.

"There's a damage to his spinal cord, it's good that it's not to the point where he won't be able to walk but it needs to be treated surgically."

She said next.

Dr Shepherd spoke up again.

"I know it's a hard time for you, Anaaya. I get that. But we have a good team of doctors that's going to help your husband in the best way possible."

She nodded, eyes watering.

"Can I see him, please? I just need to look at him." She pleaded.

The doctor nodded.

"He's under extensive care right now but you will be able to see him tomorrow. Right now, there are things we need to discuss with you."

"He's going to go through three surgeries. Another brain surgery, where I'll fix certain things after examining him tomorrow, a spinal cord repairment surgery and another one to fix his abdomen."

Her eyes widened at the new information.

"I know it's a lot to process but you need to stay strong, I'm sure he'll need someone to help him through it all."

He tried to say his words of comfort.

How many people did he tell this to every single day? She didn't know.

All she knew was that her husband was hurt and there was nothing, nothing that she could do to help him.

What if he was angry at me for getting an abortion? What if he was driving in anger and that's why the accident happened?

A voice in her head spoke out, No, he wasn't angry at me. If he was, he would have told me. My Hassan never lies.

She said back. It was a crazy thing, to think and think, but not get any answers.

"But he'll eventually be okay, right?"

She questioned again with hopeful eyes, eyes that were glassy and filled with more unshed tears.

The doctor glanced her way, shaking his head.

"Some accidents change lives forever. The Hassan you lost in that accident, you might never get him back. I'm sorry."

"What do you mean?"

The doctor held her gaze, unflinching.

"It means that even if he eventually is okay, he still might not be the man you married."

--

I hate making hassan suffer but this is just the start :((

Okay!! That's it. Bye byeeee!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 955 31
Janaya and KD's story πŸ§‘πŸ’› *(Started January 4, 2018) *(Finished November 4, 2018)
59.6K 4.2K 59
swaragini story with raglak role reversal.. cover credit- pictures taken from Google..
24.6K 1.6K 39
hlo frnds ....this is my second story .........keeping supporting this story tooooπŸ’œπŸ’œ
2.7K 362 10
Let's see..