Broken Honor (Genji x Reader)...

By bulbachu13

A hearty laugh escaped Genji's throat then, a beautiful, but pitiful, sound. "Do you think (Y/N) misses me, m... More

A/N
Spotify Playlist!
001- McCree is an a**
002- 76 needs to chill
003- Pancakes
004- Oh, Miss Believer
Important
005- Ramen
006- Mask
007- Dad
Year of the rooster (ONE SHOT)
008- Regret
009- An open letter
010- Attack
1k and a/n
011- Waking Up
012- It's Quiet Uptown
2k!?!!??!
3k?!?!?!?!
013- The circumference of a circle
4k!!!!!?!?!?!?!??!
014- Operation: Stalker
April Fools
QnA
IMPORTANT A/N
015- Cold
016- Now and Forever
017- Normal
A/N
Concept Art!
A/N
018- Young God
019- Freedom
20k
Amino!
020- Tea with a side of Mchanzo
FAN ART!!!!!
021 - Fight
A/N
022- McCree is honestly the best big bro ever
023- Masquerade
SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION
A/N
024- Alone
A/N
025- Halloween
Sort of improtant A/N
026- Fear
027- Angel
028- INTERLUDE: Hanzo Shimada
029- Christmas
A/N
030 - Family Reunion
Happy One Year Aniversary!!/ Q&A
031- Dove
032- Brothers
033-Monster
034- Pitiful Laughs and Half Smiles
035 - Love
Q&A
A/N
Preview!
037 - Broken Honor
Final A/N
I have a new story out!
037.5 - Broken Honor [ALTERNATE ENDING]

036 - A Quiet Goodbye

397 13 2
By bulbachu13

"The day you left me, an angel cried"

—————

It hurt to say the least. When he betrayed you, when he yelled and screamed at you, when you remembered the times when he would whisper how much he loved you into your ear as he made love to you.

You had become too attached, too familiar. You realized this as you rocked back and forth while your arms and nails had become red from scratching your arms too hard.

I think you always knew he would abandon you in the end. I mean, not everyone can have a happy ending, right? Anyways, i'm getting off track.

When you finally mustered up the strength to stand, you slowly walked over to the closet. You shifted some things around before gently knocking on one of the tiles. A month ago, you had taken a pregnancy test in secret. You wanted to give it to him on your wedding night but that clearly wasn't happening anymore.

There.

You ripped off the loose wooden tile and threw it aside. You pulled out a small wooden box from the ground and set it on the bed. You lifted the top off the box to check if the test was still there. It was still there, hidden underneath tissue paper.

"Oh thank god." You mumbled, closing the box before setting it on the bed. You got up from the bed and opened the closet again, grabbing a large duffle bag and a small carry on suitcase. You started filling the duffle bag with valuables and essentials. Then, you filled the suitcase with clothes for you and your mother.

"Is this really what you want, Master?" Yin appeared before you, sitting down. "I thought you were tired of running away."
You glared at the wolf for a moment before going back to folding clothes. "I think," You sighed, running a hand down your face. "I think I just need a break from all of this." Yin inclined their head before getting up and jumping on the bed. "Will your mother be accompanying us?" They asked, sitting on the suitcase so you could close it. "Only if she wants to," You said. "We're going back to Talon, Yin."

They moved off the suitcase and lied on the bed, curling up in a ball. "Hmm, and what about the others?" They mused. You lifted an eyebrow and Yin opened one eye before huffing. "The rest of your family here, (Y/N)."

You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding and zipped the suitcase up. You set the suitcase down on the floor and started rolling it towards the door. Yin remained on the bed.

You looked at them for a long moment before they lifted their head and stared at you. "Don't do this to them, (Y/N)." Yin said, watching as tears formed in your eyes but you blinked them away.

"If what Genji said was true, then I'm a danger to them all."

"You were only a danger if you stayed with him. But he left you, so I don't think you're a danger anymore Master."

You flinched unintentionally and stared at your hands. "If you truly think that you're a danger then if you were to go to Talon they would be in danger too." Yin said softly, standing up from their position on the bed and jumped off.

"Then where can I go?" You whispered. Yin sighed and walked over. "You could just live a normal life, I suppose. You could buy a house, maybe even start a family?" You nodded slowly and Yin disappeared, leaving you alone with your thoughts.

If Genji found out you were pregnant it would be a disaster but you knew that if you left, your child would never meet his father. You made your decision. You would not risk the life of your unborn child. You grabbed your things, left the bedroom and started to head back down towards the mess hall. When you entered, you saw your mother talking to Jesse. You walked over to them silently, avoiding everyone's worried gaze.

"(Y/N)!" Jesse exclaimed, waving at you. "Are you alrigh'? Genji looked pretty pissed earlier." You shook your head. "Genji and I broke up, Jesse. And I need to leave I'm-" You sighed before shoving the box in his hands. He opened it and when he gasped, your mother looked over in shock.

"(Y/N) does he know?" Jesse asked softly as he closed the box and handed it back to you. "No, he doesn't. But I can't risk losing the baby." You answered truthfully. You glanced at your mother, who had tears in her eyes. "We'll go somewhere safe," She told you gingerly. "We could go anywhere you want."

"I need to tell my dad first." You said sternly. Your mother nodding slowly and sighed. You turned to Jesse. "I'll keep in touch," You told him with tears in your eyes. "I'll send you the address to my new house as soon as I can. You can visit whenever you want. Tell the others that I'm taking a break." He nodded as tears fell freely down his wrinkled face. "I love you." He said, pulling you into a bone crushing hug.

"I love you too." You whispered into his ear before letting go and grabbing your mother's hand, leaving your home.

~•~

You walked into one of Talon's bases with your head held high. You had heard from one of the townspeople that they had seen The Reaper in the area. You left your mother in the middle of the night, leaving her with Yin in the hotel. You had a pistol strapped to your hip just in case.

"I didn't think I'd ever see you again, amiga."

You spun around and saw Sombra leaning up against the wall smirking. Her eyes traveled down to your stomach and she stared at it wide eyed. You started showing soon after you left Overwatch.

"Where's my dad?" You asked her, putting a hand on your stomach. Sombra seemed to snap herself out of her trance. "Ah, getting straight to the point aren't we?" She teased but you just stared at her in silence. "He's in your old room." She sighed before leading you to your old room.

Your father was looking out the window when you arrived. You pushed past Sombra and walked over to your father, placing a hand on his shoulder. "It took me a while to find you," You said softly and you saw him flinch at the sound of your voice. "My mother and I looked for two months. I even started showing." You chuckled, placing a hand on your growing stomach.

"They told us that you needed a break," Your father said with a huff. "They didn't know where you went. Jesse wouldn't tell me anything either." You stared out the window with him for a while before he spoke again. "Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant?" He asked. You cracked your back and ran a hand through your hair. "I don't know honestly," You admitted. "I know I should've told you but-"

"You were worried that the baby would be in danger," He finished. You nodded silently and turned to face your father fully. "Do you know its gender yet?" He asked. "It's a boy." You grinned, with tears in your eyes. Your father smiled softly. "Congratulations, (Y/N)," He hugged you tightly. "I'll try not to fuck it up this time." You laughed and squeezed him, as tears streamed down your face.

~•~

Hanzo Shimada paced in his small, dusty cell at Gibraltar. A week ago Overwatch had caught the Shimada Clan during an illegal weapon trade with Katya Volskaya. Hanzo let them take him without any sort of struggle.

Jesse had visited a few times, but each time it ended with the couple screaming at each other. Hanzo's pacing slowed to a stop when he heard metal footsteps coming towards him. "Genji, after all this time and now you come to visit me. Why? Have you come to gloat? To mock?" He asked when he heard the footsteps stop.

"Hanzo, enough," Genji said. Hanzo said nothing, but still stared at the sad excuse of a body that was his little brother. "I came here to ask you a simple question." Hanzo still stared at the cyborg silently. Genji sighed, defeated. "Why were you planning to kill (Y/N)?"

Hanzo blinked in silent shock at the cyborg's drastic claim. "I was never planning to kill her, Genji," Hanzo said carefully. "I was only planning to find out what made her so interested in someone like you." Genji growled. "You don't get to decide who she loves, brother."

"Neither do you."

  Hanzo watched as his "brother" seemed to turn to stone. "Genji," Hanzo said, snapping Genji out of his trance. "You asked your question and I gave you my answer. I do believe it's time for you to leave."

Genji walked away wordlessly and as he left, it seemed like millions of thoughts were poisoning his head like a hole filled with rattlesnakes. Hanzo sighed and walked over to his makeshift bed, reaching under his pillow to grab a sharpie hidden underneath. Taking off the cap as quietly as possible, Hanzo lifted the sharpie to an empty space on the wall and began to write:

私がよく知っている鳥があります。
まるで彼が歌わなければならないかのように思える
私が若い頃、私の部屋のそばで。
私がスペル方法を知る前に
最も小さい鳥の名前でも、
彼の優しく楽しい歌が聞こえました。
今あなたが私の親愛なる、
何鳥でも、毎年

———

There are birds that I know well.
It seems as though he had to sing
By my room when I was young.
Before I knew how to spell
Even with the name of the smallest bird,
I heard his gentle and pleasant song.
Now you are my dear,
Every bird, every year

—————

The last chapter will be posted soon.
(Also there was a little Thor TDW reference in this chapter ;)  )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 5.6K 200
A series of headcanons in line-by-line fashion regarding characters from the popular game Overwatch. These pieces have been archived from my Overwatc...
27.8K 841 6
*Image above is made by enshanlee on Deviantart. ~ A short Hanzo X Reader Fanfic. For as long as you've remembered, Hanzo Shimada would come across p...
8.8K 396 26
"Let me offer you some advice," By now he was inches away from me, venom dripping from every word he spoke. I tilted my head up to look at him, seein...
345K 12.3K 25
[Complete] Spurred by your philanthropic childhood dream, you joined Overwatch to put your medical knowledge to good use. Two things , one - you didn...