(Bnha) Kami's Gift

By MySoulReader

Izuku Midoriya was born quirkless and his dreams of becoming a hero were shattered. Well, that is until Kami... More

Chapter 1: The Gift
Chapter 2: Makings Of A Hero
Chapter 3: The Next Step
Chapter 4: A Name For Myself
Chapter 5: Meeting Class 1-A
Chapter 6: Quirk Evaluation
Chapter 7: Night of a Hero
Chapter 8: Trial by Battle
Chapter 9: Break Past My Limits
Chapter 10: A Spider?!
Chapter 11: We're Back!
Chapter 12: Training To Be Heroes
Chapter 13: Unforeseen Attack
Chapter 14: Friendship Will Prevail
Chapter 15: You'll Pay For That
Chapter 16: The Hero's Recovery
Tagged
Chapter 17: Omni's Outbreak
Chapter 18: Rise of a Hero
Sorry, Not An Update
Chapter 19: Shining Smile
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
The End
Bad news
Poll Results
Chapter 23

Chapter 22

2K 44 12
By MySoulReader

Sports Festival: Unrivaled Power

"When you have something that is perfect, that occupies a position and sector unrivaled by anyone else, that's one thing we do not want to tamper with." 
- John Paulson -

Key
'Hey' - Thoughts
"Everyone!" - Normal Speech
"Thanks" - Electronic Speech
*For* - Sound Effects or Actions
"Reading!" - Deity Speech

~ After Some Funnel Cake ~

Some funnel cake and talking with other heroes later, Izuku left his new friends once he got pulled away from Sumiko. She brought him into a surprisingly empty hallway just to talk to him.

"Sumiko-chan~ Something wrong?" Izuku asked maintaining eye contact the entire time.

"I just wanted you to know, I will beat the best. And since you're the best here, I'll beat you no matter what." She declared before Izuku poked her forehead. "What was that for?"

"For making a promise you can't keep." He replied losing all emotion in his face, keeping a poker face.

"What do you mean?" She said returning the stern look.

"You can't beat me," Izuku said before kissing Sumiko for a few seconds before starting to walk away. "Not without using all of your power."

Since Sumiko never responded, Izuku continued to walk around the hall looking for the rest of his class but instead met Endeavor along the way. Although he was going to keep walking and look for Gwen, Endeavor grabbed his shoulder.

"Don't make me blow the rape whistle now," Izuku joked as Endeavor removed his hand. "What do you want, Endeavor?" 

"I want you to make my daughter use her quirk." He replied with that resting fierce face or is it bitch face?

"Sorry, I can't." Said Izuku as he went into his Devil form for a split second. "It's her choice, all I can do is ask nicely. So just sit back and enjoy the show, I certainly will."

With that short conversation, Izuku left another Todoroki at a loss for words but he just focused on finding his supposed partner. Eventually, he found them in the reserved seating for Class 1-A, for some reason that made complete sense yet he didn't look there first.

So he sat next to the left of Gwen with the walkway on Izuku's own left. Although he spotted his new friends in their classes reserved seating, all spread out due to their course. And before Izuku could mess with or talk to Gwen, Midnight took to the stage once again after Cementoss created a stage.

"Welcome back, everyone!" She shouted as the Jumbotron's turned to live footage of her. "The last event for the Sports Festival will be the tournament battles! But we have 16 students who are going to be moving on, first is Team Izuku, second is team Sumiko, third is Team Kasumi, and fourth is team Mashirao. Unfortunately, two people have withdrawn, so we'll bring in Ibara Shiozaki and Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu."

After she said that the Jumbotrons displayed a tournament bracket and luckily, Izuku's match was first. "For the first match, we'll have Izuku Midoriya versus Hitoshi Shinsou." Announced Midnight as the two competitors made their way to the field while Aizawa and Present Mic had some commentary.

"Our competitor on the Northside is Hitoshi Shinsou, the ever-tired General Department student!" Shouted Present Mic as Hitoshi walked to the arena, but sighed at his title. "Then on the Southside is Izuku Midoriya, the gender-defying, and stupidly selfless Hero!"

So Izuku walked to the other side of the arena before retorting. "I took one bullet and get thrown into a wall! Could've been worse!" He shouted as some the crowd chuckled.

"Enough chit-chat!" Midnight interrupted as she stood on a podium, acting as the referee. "The match between Hitoshi Shinsou versus Izuku Midoriya will begin!"

At that moment, Izuku activated One For All's Full Cowl and waited to see Hitoshi's quirk. "Is this all that the Hero course can do?" Hitoshi taunted as Izuku had a vein visible from his forehead. "Although even the pros call you stupid and you're the best of your class!"

"You will not- "

"Hmph, will not what?" He asked as Izuku couldn't move a single muscle of his body. "Why don't you be a good little boy and stepped out of the area for me?" He said as Izuku's body started to comply.

Although Izuku's mind tried to take control, his body continued to walk towards the boundary. 'No, I didn't come here to lose!' He mentally screamed as he looked at the gate he entered from. Standing there was 8 figures, while one looked like the skinny form of All-Might, the others were a mystery as all of them had glowing eyes but shadowy figures.

All of the sudden, Izuku's finger channeled One For All into it and flicked all the energy into a gust of wind, that got him out of his trance. Without saying another word, Izuku turned around and activated his Full Cowl once again.

"How did you- " Hitoshi tried to ask, but Izuku threw a punch with his right arm which made a gust of wind strong enough to blow Hitoshi out of the ring. "-break free?"

"The winner of this match is Izuku Midoriya!" Midnight announced as Izuku went to shake Hitoshi's hand before leaving the arena. Which he accepted, but both left shortly after that interaction. "The second match will be between Sumiko Todoroki and Hanta Sero."

But as soon as the match started, Sumiko created a glacier that froze over Hanta which won her the match as he couldn't move at all.

"The winner is Sumiko Todoroki!" Midnight announced as Izuku used his Devil form to unfreeze Hanta. "The next match will be Ibara Shiozaki versus Daichi Kaminari!"

The next match took a bit longer but was quite one-sided as Ibara's vines couldn't conduct electricity, allowing her to capture Daichi with the vines then throw her outside the arena. But along with Ibara's personality, she immediately apologized.

"The winner is Ibara Shiozaki!" Midnight announced as Cementoss repaired the arena from the holes Ibara made and apologized for. "Next will be Tenya Iida versus Hansuke Hikaru!"

"Midnight, I'd like to forfeit!" Hansuke shouted as he entered the arena.

"Alright, mind if I ask why?"

"I'd rather not show all my gadgets to the world and I have a hero agency planned already." He replied as he left the arena, much to the dismay of Tenya.

"Fine, Tenya Iida wins by default! Next is Mina Ashido versus Yuga Aoyoma!" Midnight announced.

For the next match, Mina made short work of Yuga by destroying his belt. After her short celebration, the next up was Tempi Ru versus Momo Yaoyorozu, although Tempi forfeited because she knew she couldn't win as she said. The seventh match was Eijirou Kirishima versus Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu which was perfectly even to the point where they had to arm wrestle, but thanks to Captain Marvel's training, Eijirou won through pure endurance.

Next was the match between Kira Musubi and Kasumi Bakugo, but to no one's surprise, Kasumi wanted to be alone while Izuku, Hansuke, and Tempi went to talk with Kira. Although she already had a small strategy with her golem quirk.

"She hasn't destroyed a golem yet, but I should save that special move for later... " Mumbled Kira as Hansuke leaned against the wall, Tempi sat next to her, and Izuku looked at a small notebook he had before putting it in Kira's lap.

"Read it, there should be notes about heroes and students in there." He said as he leaned on a table. "But Kasumi is smart, she has a super move based around a large explosion. The move could destroy all of your golems but will tire out Kasumi and get rid of most of her sweat."

"Thanks, but isn't this cheating?" She asked innocently.

"Consider this, us heroes allow everyone to know our quirk and abilities when we take down a villain. Yet any other villain we face, we know nothing about." He replied before going to the door. "Life isn't fair, so don't act like it is."

With that, he left the three to strategize as he recruited Gwen to his new agency. But soon after that, the match started as Kasumi charged Kira with her infamous right hook + explosion. Although she quickly countered by summoning a golem in front of her.

After crashing into the golem, Kasumi backed up as two more appeared yet she got through them before holding her palm out towards Kira. "Say Goodbye!" She yelled before making a giant explosion which burned parts of Kira's jacket and blew her out of the arena.

"Kasumi Bakugo is the winner!" Midnight announced before calling a 30-minute intermission to let the students heal, but also to repair the arena. Then Izuku went to pick up Kira and carried her to the infirmary before using his Healer form to prevent any scars.

"You did well, Kira-chan~. I'll beat that girl just for you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

607K 20.9K 55
Izuku Midoriya had everything a 4-year-old child could wish for. He had a family, a home and a quirk that was like no other. Thanks to a tragic and v...
112 10 2
Izuku Midoriya was on the verge of death. His fight with All For One, reborn through Tenko's body, had wreaked hell upon his own body. He was barely...
47.8K 996 61
(COMPLETE) Born with a unique quirk, Midoriya Izuku strives to become a hero. ××××××× That's it. That's the synopsis.... Don't look at me like that! ...
445K 10.5K 29
This is a Fanfiction based off of BNHA, or My Hero Academia. Instead of a reality where the main character, Izuku Midoriya, is born without a quirk...