Not So Different | Connor x G...

By GoldenEnderFox

(Established Relationship) It's been almost five months since the peaceful protest had occured. Androids now... More

Chapter 1: One Month Anniversary
Chapter 2: Texting with Emojis
Chapter 3: Last Chances
Chapter 4: Triggers
Chapter 5: Bed Sharing, Old Texts
Chapter 6: Despacito
Chapter 7: Stress Levels Rising
Chapter 8: Confrontations on the Street
Chapter 9: The Good Days
Chapter 10: Return to Me
Chapter 11: Gavin's Hatred Bubbles
Chapter 12: All in the Past
Chapter 13: Off Work Early
Chapter 14 *SMUT*: Let Me Love You
Chapter 15: Jericho
Chapter 16: Insecurities
Chapter 17: Get Through This
Chapter 18 *BRIEF SMUT*: Everything Will Be Alright
Chapter 19: Drunken Buzz
Chapter 20: "Dogsitting"
Chapter 21 *SMUT*: Broken Ties
Chapter 22: Caught in the Crossfire
Chapter 23: Fawkes in the Club
Chapter 24: Affection
Chapter 25: Brotherly Reunion
Chapter 26: Don't Go...
Chapter 27 *SMUT*: One More Night
Chapter 28: Broken
Chapter 29: New Partners
Chapter 30: Young Love
Chapter 31: The Wrong Path
Chapter 32: Abused
Chapter 33: Opposites Attract
Chapter 34: It's You
Chapter 35: Cheating
Chapter 36: Cyclothymia
Chapter 37: Investigaton
Chapter 38: Best Friends
Chapter 39: Clear My Mind
Chapter 41: Together Again
Chapter 42: Binary Talk
Chapter 43: Don't Deserve This
Chapter 44: Confusing Encounter
Chapter 45: Visual Defect
Chapter 46: What Is This Feeling?
Chapter 47: Pull The Trigger
Chapter 48: The Best Detective
Chapter 49: Lara and Fawkes
Chapter 50: Gun Shots
Chapter 51: Dysfunctional Family
Chapter 52: Wounded
Chapter 53: Before the Storm
Continuation?

Chapter 40: I Think I Wanna Marry You

820 46 61
By GoldenEnderFox

"I miss Connnnooooor..." Gavin groaned, finding himself slung over Niner's shoulder once again.

"I know. You have said that exactly thirty two times since we left the bar and we haven't even arrived at the car yet."

"I'm not drunk."

Niner nodded, "Nope. Definitely not."

"You're drunk."

"Yep." Niner agreed, putting Gavin into the passenger seat before making his way to the driver's side.

Gavin leaned over to place a hand on Niner's shoulder, "Can we go to Connor's so I can have se-"

"No!" Niner exclaimed, "I will not be allowing that to happen. It is 10pm and we are going back to your place. I wouldn't be surprised if you have alcohol poisoning."

Gavin groaned leaning his head against the window, letting his hand drop from Niner's shoulder, "Put the fuckin' radio on. I don't care what CD it is just leave it."

Niner switched the car on before moving to the radio.

"I swear... You better not have cringeworthy or cheesy songs on here, Gavin."

"They're all cringy."

Niner braced himself.

It's a beautiful night
We're looking for something dumb to do
Hey, baby
I think I wanna marry you

"Fuckin' hell, Niney. I'm flattered. But we're not even in a relationship. I'm gonna have to decline your offer."

"I would never even think about asking you."

"Well, that's just rude. I'm perfectly good wife material."

Niner nodded, beginning to drive off, "Perfect wife material. Right."

"If we wake up and you wanna break up that's cool. No I won't blame you." Gavin's words were heavily slurred. Niner tried his best to ignore him, "...Cuz it's a beautiful night. We're lookin' for something dumb to do. Hey, baby. I think I wanna marry. Is it the look in your eyes? Or is it this dancing juice? Who cares, baby. I think I wanna marry you. Just say I DOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

"For someone who is heavily intoxicated you sure remember the damn words."

"You just don't like me." Gavin groaned.

"You're right. I fuckin' hate you." Niner gave him a small smile before focusing back on the road.

-x-

"I think it's time that we stopped being friends, no I don't wanna be friends... Don't want your bromance!" Gavin's eyes were closed as he tried to focus on the songs, his cheek was pressed against the car window, "...Caught in a bad bromance. Oooooooooooh. Baby, caught in a bad bromance."

"I'm sorry, but... What the fuck do you even listen to?"

"Art." Gavin groaned out.

Niner was about to switch the radio off before Gavin let out an extremely loud groan, pleading him not to, "Humans are strange..."

-x-

"Ooh, can you feel me now? With the taste of your lips I'm on a riiiide. You're toxic, I'm slipping under. With the taste of a poison paradise. I'm addicted to you, don't you know that you're toxic?"

Niner sighed, "You're definetly in a poison paradise. Alcohol poisoning."

"You're ruining the song." Gavin groaned for the 100th time tonight.

There had been a number of songs. Niner analysed them to be from Queen, Beyonce, Backstreet Boys, Smash Mouth, Nirvana. He had a weird taste in music...

"Love hurts. Whether it's right or wrong. I can't stop cause I'm having too much fun. You're on your knees, begging please, stay with me. But honestly, I just need to be a little crazy."

"This hurts..." Niner muttered.

"AND I DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT. IF YOU LOVE ME. IF YOU HATE ME. YOU CAN SAVE ME BABY BABY."

Niner wished that he could time travel so they would get to Gavin's house quicker.

"You didn't stop me from drinking!" Gavin randomly shouted, "If I get alcohol poisoning I'm blaming you!"

"I tried to stop you! You threatened to smash a bottle over every single person's head in there and then you said you would replace my regulator with a baked potato shouting something about a woman named Glados."

Gavin shushed him, "Shhhhhh. You're ruining Avril Lavigne."

Niner hated everything right now.

"HEY HEY YOU YOU I DON'T LIKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND! NO WAY NO WAY I THINK YOU NEED A NEW ONE! HEY HEY YOU YOU I COULD BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND!"

Niner was concerned.

"You're so fine I want you mine you're so delicious. I think about you all the time you're so addictive. Don't you know what I can do to make you feel alright?"

"I really don't want to know..."

-x-

"Get out the car!"

"No!"

"Get out the fucking car, Gavin!"

"No!"

Gavin was lying over both of the front seats, it looked quite uncomfortable.

"Gavin, I will drag you out of this car if I have to."

"Do it! You won't dare!"

Niner instantly grabbed Gavin's legs and ended up flinging him over his shoulder again, "You honestly kill me sometimes. Remind me. Why am I here for you?"

"Cuz we're beeeeeeest friends." Gavin groaned, he was limp over Niner's shoulder not even bothering to protest as the android carried him inside.

Niner smiled at that before placing Gavin onto the couch, "I'll get you some water. Then you need to go upstairs and straight to bed."

"Yes, mom."

"Don't call me that." the android glared at him before heading to the kitchen to retrieve the water. He found a clean class before proceeding to get the water.

"Heeeeelp!" he heard Gavin call.

Oh, what now?

He quickly made his way back to Gavin, "How?! How did you even do this in such a short amount of time?!"

Gavin was lying on his stomach on the floor with his hands cuffed behind his back, "I TRIED TO DO MAGIC, NINER! IT'S OBVIOUS!"

Niner looked up at the ceiling and closed his eyes, "Please. Please. If there is an RA9, save me now." he put the glass on the coffee table before kneeling down to uncuff Gavin, "I'm gonna take these away from you. You can have them back when you're old enough." he managed to help Gavin stand, "You good goin' upstairs on your own?"

He nodded, "Should be." he walked towards the stairs, gripping onto the railing for dear life as he made his way slowly up.

Niner made sure that the front door was locked and that everything was tidy downstairs before he decided to go up with the water.

"Now. Stay in here. And sleep. It will make you feel better." Niner ordered, placing the glass of water on the bedside table, "Just... call me if you need anything." he then exited the room, closing the door behind him.

Gavin did need something.

He needed someone.

He needed Connor.

He managed to sit up and pull out his phone. His hands extremely shaky. His vision extremely blurry.

Gavin: cnr i ilov y

Connor: I'm not sure I understand.

Gavin: i lv 

Connor: Where have you been?

Gavin: drink

Connor: Please don't tell me you had too much.

Gavin: mybe

Gavin almost jumped out of his skin as he received a call from the phone in his hands.

"Gavin?"

"Heeeey, ConCon."

The android sighed, "Just by the way your voice is I can tell that you're intoxicated."

"I was drinkin' my sadness away. I need somethin' good in my life right now."

"You can talk to me if you need anything, Gavin." Connor said, "I understand that you're probably trying to deal with the situation by drinking. But that's not exactly a good way to deal with things."

"Lara did this to me, Con." Gavin groaned, leaning further back into the pillows, "I just wanna forget but even the fuckin' alcohol isn't helping with that."

"Well... We can just talk. Take your mind off it. We can talk about anything."

Gavin thought about it. He knew what he wanted to talk about. But he wasn't sure if Connor wanted to.

"I..." Gavin sighed, his eyelids fluttered as the alcohol moved throughout him, "I wanna talk about us. That will help."

"O-Oh..." Connor started, "Y-Yeah. Sure."

"I want you back."

"No, Gavin. That's just the drink talking."

Gavin replied, "No it's not. I want you." he was definitely a drunk mess right now... "Can we just go back to when we traumatised Niner and start from there again? Cuz I wanna make you feel good."

"I-I uhh... I don't know."

"I didn't mean to sleep with Lara, Con. I'm sorry. I should've been more in control of myself."

"No. It's not your fault, Gavin. This was all Lara's doing." he paused, "Why didn't you tell me about you having Cyclothymia?"

"It makes me fuckin' weak..." Gavin muttered, "I hate it so much so I try not to mention it to anyone."

"I would've understood, Gavin. Maybe our relationship wouldn't be so strained if you had just told me. This is the main cause as to why you have sudden outbursts of anger."

"Don't take them to heart, Con. I don't hate you. I fuckin' love you. I didn't mention it cuz I was tryin' to pretend that it wasn't there. I guess that just made everythin' worse."

"I understand." Connor said before pausing, "I want to try again with you, Gavin... But I will talk to you about it tomorrow when you are not intoxicated."

"Mmm... Okay." Gavin sighed.

Connor chuckled before replying, "I love you too, asshole. Now go to sleep."

"Goodnight, Con..."

"Goodnight, Gavin."

Gavin let the phone fall out of his hand and hit the floor. Sleep finally overtaking him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

370K 12.2K 40
About three months after the events of Detroit: Become Human, Connor continues to struggle with his new-found emotions. Despite CyberLife chasing aft...
73.4K 2K 22
Connor is lieutenant Hank Anderson's partner. He aids him on the force and in his home. One morning after a long night of drinking, Hank gets a very...
364K 11.8K 36
Connor x Android Reader (fem). Read to find out :D RANKINGS #2 ConnorDBH #3 Detroit Become Human (Cover art by yours truly) Warnings: Cursing +violen...
765 6 38
(Y/n) is a 32 year old cop for the Detroit Police Department, friends with Hank Anderson and Gavin Reed. in 2036 she is severely wounded and taken to...