Not So Different | Connor x G...

By GoldenEnderFox

(Established Relationship) It's been almost five months since the peaceful protest had occured. Androids now... More

Chapter 1: One Month Anniversary
Chapter 2: Texting with Emojis
Chapter 3: Last Chances
Chapter 4: Triggers
Chapter 5: Bed Sharing, Old Texts
Chapter 6: Despacito
Chapter 7: Stress Levels Rising
Chapter 8: Confrontations on the Street
Chapter 9: The Good Days
Chapter 10: Return to Me
Chapter 11: Gavin's Hatred Bubbles
Chapter 12: All in the Past
Chapter 13: Off Work Early
Chapter 14 *SMUT*: Let Me Love You
Chapter 15: Jericho
Chapter 16: Insecurities
Chapter 17: Get Through This
Chapter 18 *BRIEF SMUT*: Everything Will Be Alright
Chapter 19: Drunken Buzz
Chapter 20: "Dogsitting"
Chapter 21 *SMUT*: Broken Ties
Chapter 23: Fawkes in the Club
Chapter 24: Affection
Chapter 25: Brotherly Reunion
Chapter 26: Don't Go...
Chapter 27 *SMUT*: One More Night
Chapter 28: Broken
Chapter 29: New Partners
Chapter 30: Young Love
Chapter 31: The Wrong Path
Chapter 32: Abused
Chapter 33: Opposites Attract
Chapter 34: It's You
Chapter 35: Cheating
Chapter 36: Cyclothymia
Chapter 37: Investigaton
Chapter 38: Best Friends
Chapter 39: Clear My Mind
Chapter 40: I Think I Wanna Marry You
Chapter 41: Together Again
Chapter 42: Binary Talk
Chapter 43: Don't Deserve This
Chapter 44: Confusing Encounter
Chapter 45: Visual Defect
Chapter 46: What Is This Feeling?
Chapter 47: Pull The Trigger
Chapter 48: The Best Detective
Chapter 49: Lara and Fawkes
Chapter 50: Gun Shots
Chapter 51: Dysfunctional Family
Chapter 52: Wounded
Chapter 53: Before the Storm
Continuation?

Chapter 22: Caught in the Crossfire

1.5K 63 81
By GoldenEnderFox

I just wanted to say that I love you all! Thank you so  much for reading/commenting! I do try my best to answer as many people as I can! - Author

Connor pulled Gavin's towards him so his back was flush against him. 

He felt Gavin shift backwards further into him. Connor then tightened his arms around Gavin, his face buried into the back of the man's neck. 

Gavin groaned as he felt the android kiss the nape of his neck, "Can't you let me sleep?" Gavin smiled to himself, his hands coming to rest on Connor's which squeezed him tighter.

"Just wakin' you up before Hank gets up. It might be best for you to go as soon as possible."

"Tryna get rid of me?" Gavin asked as he turned in Connor's arms to face him.

"If I had it my way, I would let you sleep for as long as you want." Connor paused, "I wouldn't be surprised if Hank came storming in with a gun in his hand."

Gavin sighed before leaning forward to capture Connor's lips with his, "Come back to mine so we can sleep more..." he mumbled, resting his head underneath Connor's chin. Gavin's arms came up to wrap around the android's neck.

"As tempting as that sounds..." Connor kissed Gavin's head, "We have work in three hours."

"For fuck sake." Gavin groaned in annoyance, completely forgetting that he was on the day shift together. His arms tightened around Connor's neck, not wanting to get up, "Gimme five minutes to wake up..."

Connor smiled, "Nope. Now. Get up. We can go into work early."

"You just want me to die, don't you?"

"I wouldn't mind that."

"You would miss me, asshole." Gavin pulled away and sat up to stretch. Connor sat up and swung his legs off the bed so he was sitting on the edge.

He then reached down and grabbed Gavin's clothes before passing them over to him. Connor proceeded to get dressed.

Once they were both dressed, Connor turned to look at Gavin.

The man was lying on the bed with his arms outstretched towards him.

"What?" Connor asked.

"Carry me." Gavin winked.

"You are perfectly capable of walking, Gavin."

He scoffed, "Like hell I am! In case you have forgotton, you fucked me hard last night, dipshit."

A blue blush made its way onto Connor's face, "Ah- Yeah... R-Right." Connor stuttered, making his way round to Gavin's side of the bed. He put an arm under the man's knees and his other arm under his back, Gavin moved his arms to wrap around Connor's neck for support.

"You're gonna have to explain the big ass bite mark on my neck and why I can't walk." Gavin said, his lips kissing Connor's throat.

"I uhh... Wh-What do I even tell people?"

"That you're really good in bed." Gavin smirked up at him, "And if Lara gives you shit today, you come to me, okay?" his hand played with the hair at the back of Connor's neck.

"Yes. Sure." Connor smiled as he carried him out of the room, "I think Hank is working today, too."

"Great..." Gavin groaned, "Looks like we're gonna have to confront him."

"Lets just worry about that when he actually wakes up and makes it to the station."

After Connor had pretty much forced Gavin to put his shoes and jacket on, the android fed Sumo and then picked his boyfriend back up before heading out of the house.

"Can I drive?" Connor asked, approaching Gavin's car.

"Go for it."

Connor placed Gavin into the passenger seat before making his way around to the driver's side. Gavin handed him the keys once Connor was seated.

Connor quickly texted Hank, telling him that he would meet him at work. He pocketed his phone before starting up the car. He then glanced Gavin, "You still owe me a tie."

"Hmmm." Gavin hummed, "You look hot without one." he said, leaning over to pop open the top few buttons of Connor's shirt, "Better." he then ruffled up Connor's hair, "Much better."

"This isn't exactly a professional look, Gavin." Connor said.

"Makes you look more casual, babe." Gavin started, "Gives me something to look at whilst workin', too." he winked, causing Connor's cheeks to turn bright blue once again, "Cute." Gavin continued, leaning over to peck the android's lips.

-x-

Gavin groaned standing up from his car, he used the door for support, "Jesus, Con..." he said as helt his body ache in pain.

Connor appeared by his side, quickly picking him up one again, "Lets go."

"Woah woah woah." Gavin started, "Carryin' me into work, babe? Gettin' fucking risky. You'll make people think that you're my little plastic pet.""

The word 'plastic' felt weird to Gavin now...

"I'm not your plastic pet." Connor stated.

"I know, babe. I know." he reassured, "I would kick the ass of anyone who called you plastic from here on out."

"Well... I appreciate it."

"You owe me." Gavin winked up at him as Connor began to carry him into the station.

"I owe you?" Connor questioned, "I gave you the time of your life last night." the android leaned down to breathe into Gavin's ear, "I believe you owe me."

"Trust me, Con." Gavin groaned, the ache growing, "I'll give you what you deserve." his arms tightened around Connor's neck as they passed by multiple coworkers, all eyeing them in confusion.

Jayden stepped up to them, "Gettin' your plastic toy to carry you around now, eh, Reed?"

Gavin could feel Connor's grip tighten on him.

"I don't see any plastic toys." Gavin glared at Jayden, "I only see you... And an android that I will snatch a weave for." Jayden just looked at him in confusion before Gavin added, "Just fuck off."

Connor walked past Jayden and headed over to Gavin's desk, "Gavin... That was pretty much the gayest thing you've ever said."

"Gotta protect my man in style." Gavin smirked leaning up to find his lips.

Connor closed his eyes, melting into the kiss.

"REED! MY OFFICE! NOW!"

The android attempted to pull away from the kiss, but Gavin pulled him straight back down, already missing the contact.

"BREAK THAT SHIT UP BEFORE I PUT YOU BOTH ON DIFFERENT SHIFTS IMMEDIATELY!"

"Fuckin' hell. Can never get a break with this guy." Gavin groaned, pulling his lips away from Connor's.

Connor then carefully placed Gavin's feet on the ground, his hand remained on the man's shoulder to support him, "Will you be able to walk?" Connor smirked, clearly teasing.

"Oh, yes." Gavin rolled his eyes, "People will just think that I have participated in extreme sports involving my damn ass for twenty four hours straight."

"We don't need the fucking details!" Hank exclaimed as he entered.

"That's my cue to leave. Good luck, Con." he kissed the android's cheek before walking towards Fowler's office.
Well... 'walking' was an understatement. It was more of an awkward limp.

"Haaaaank..." Connor trailed off as the Lieutenant approached, "So... How you been?"

"Cut the bullshit, Connor. You have permanently scarred my damn eyes."

Connor tilted his head in confusion as his LED went yellow, "I have just done a complete scan and I can assure you that your eyes have no scars or damage."

"I meant mentally, Connor! Jesus..." Hank pulled the android over to his desk. Hank then sat down and put his head in his hands, "The worst part about this was that you did it in my own fucking house "

"Surely the worst part would've been you seeing me pounding Gavin's-"

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!"

After a few moments of awkward silence, with Connor leaning against the desk and looking down at his clasped hands.

"I'm sorry, Hank." he said, "I really am."

Hank sighed, "I'm just a bit pissed off, Connor." he started, "I told you I didn't want Gavin in my house. And you invited him anyways. And then I told you to kick him out. And you didn't."

Hank was actually starting to understand that Connor really did feel for Gavin and vice versa.

God... Never would he have thought Gavin was capable of actually feeling shit. And towards an android? That was unheard of.

"It won't happen again..." Connor muttered.

"Just... Keep that shit at Gavin's okay?"

Connor smiled, "Okay." he moved away from Hank's desk before walking around to his own and sitting down. His eyes drifted over to the Captain's office, clearly seeing Gavin speaking to Fowler through the glass.

Must be talking about the Eden Club case.

"So..." Hank started, causing Connor's eyes to flick away from Gavin, "You and... Gavin..." he grumbled, "How long you been together for, eh?"

"One month and 15 days." he answered immediately, "It has been... bumpy thoughout the past two weeks though."

"I can tell." Hank nodded. He really wanted to like Gavin. He did. But there was just something about Gavin that Hank didn't trust.

He didn't trust that Gavin liked androids. There was still a hatred towards them and Hank knew...

Hank knew that that anger would rise once again.

And hurt Connor in the crossfire.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 8.8K 23
*Follows the storyline of Detroit: Become Human* You've been working at Detroit City Police Department for a few years, being in the police force had...
73.5K 2K 22
Connor is lieutenant Hank Anderson's partner. He aids him on the force and in his home. One morning after a long night of drinking, Hank gets a very...
197K 9.2K 18
You had just witnessed a murder - was it a murder? Nothing could make you forget the fear you saw in the eyes of what you thought was just a machine...
365K 11.8K 36
Connor x Android Reader (fem). Read to find out :D RANKINGS #2 ConnorDBH #3 Detroit Become Human (Cover art by yours truly) Warnings: Cursing +violen...