Not So Different | Connor x G...

By GoldenEnderFox

(Established Relationship) It's been almost five months since the peaceful protest had occured. Androids now... More

Chapter 1: One Month Anniversary
Chapter 2: Texting with Emojis
Chapter 3: Last Chances
Chapter 4: Triggers
Chapter 5: Bed Sharing, Old Texts
Chapter 6: Despacito
Chapter 7: Stress Levels Rising
Chapter 8: Confrontations on the Street
Chapter 9: The Good Days
Chapter 10: Return to Me
Chapter 11: Gavin's Hatred Bubbles
Chapter 13: Off Work Early
Chapter 14 *SMUT*: Let Me Love You
Chapter 15: Jericho
Chapter 16: Insecurities
Chapter 17: Get Through This
Chapter 18 *BRIEF SMUT*: Everything Will Be Alright
Chapter 19: Drunken Buzz
Chapter 20: "Dogsitting"
Chapter 21 *SMUT*: Broken Ties
Chapter 22: Caught in the Crossfire
Chapter 23: Fawkes in the Club
Chapter 24: Affection
Chapter 25: Brotherly Reunion
Chapter 26: Don't Go...
Chapter 27 *SMUT*: One More Night
Chapter 28: Broken
Chapter 29: New Partners
Chapter 30: Young Love
Chapter 31: The Wrong Path
Chapter 32: Abused
Chapter 33: Opposites Attract
Chapter 34: It's You
Chapter 35: Cheating
Chapter 36: Cyclothymia
Chapter 37: Investigaton
Chapter 38: Best Friends
Chapter 39: Clear My Mind
Chapter 40: I Think I Wanna Marry You
Chapter 41: Together Again
Chapter 42: Binary Talk
Chapter 43: Don't Deserve This
Chapter 44: Confusing Encounter
Chapter 45: Visual Defect
Chapter 46: What Is This Feeling?
Chapter 47: Pull The Trigger
Chapter 48: The Best Detective
Chapter 49: Lara and Fawkes
Chapter 50: Gun Shots
Chapter 51: Dysfunctional Family
Chapter 52: Wounded
Chapter 53: Before the Storm
Continuation?

Chapter 12: All in the Past

1.6K 65 90
By GoldenEnderFox

"Gavin...?" Connor started, his eyes on the road ahead.

"Hm?"

"This is not the way to Hank's... This is completely the wrong direction."

Gavin nodded, his hands tense on the steering wheel, "I know."

"I want to go home, Gavin." Connor's eyes narrowed, his LED red as he turned his head to look at the Detective.

"Babe..." Gavin muttered. Connor cringed at the word, "Just trust me on this one."

"Why should I trust you? After everything you have put me through?" Connor was beginning to snap.

Gavin was taken back by Connor's sudden anger. He never expected the android to actually confront him about this, "Con..."

"I don't think I can take much more of this, Gavin." Connor admitted, "You constantly pretended like you hardly knew me in front of everyone at work. That was bad enough. And now you think that my emotions are pretty much just errors in my software."

Connor was finally starting to understand the concept of 'Emotional Abuse'. And that was definitely what he was experiencing right now.

It felt like it hurt a lot more than that time he got shot in that alleyway.

Gavin spoke as he pulled up to their destination, "I don't think that, Connor."

"You do." Connor stated, LED glowing a brighter red, "I have realised... You only say that you love me to mask the deep hatred you actually have towards androids."

Gavin really didn't think that.

He 100% loved Connor and he had no idea on how to express it.

Connor then realised where they were, "Why? Why have you brought us here?"

"Wanted to talk with you in peace. First place that came to my mind." he said, "Ten minutes. Then I will take you home."

-x-

The two walked through the park. The sun was setting so a soft glow casted over them.

"This hill is still fuckin' steep..." Gavin groaned.

"It is common sense." Connor stated, "The hill will obviously remain approximately the same steepness as it did the last time."

Gavin decided to ignore Connor's smartass comment - Knowing that it would probably burst into another argument if he acknowledged it... and that would not help their situation at all.

Upon arriving at the top of the hill, Gavin sat in the grass with his legs folded. Connor copied and sat next to him reluctantly.

Gavin didn't even know where to start.

He wanted to try and make things right with Connor.

He just didn't now where to start.

"I know why you want to talk to me Gavin and honestly? I don't want to talk about it." Connor started up the conversation.

"I'm a fuckin' asshole, Connor. I ain't gonna lie."

Connor nodded, "Yes. You are."

"And I give you full permission to slap and or punch me in the face."

Connor smiled at that, "I'm flattered. But I don't want to."

"You sure?" Gavin smiled back, "I don't mind."

"It's quite all right." Connor replied.

"Well... If you ever need to vent your anger through violence. Come to me." Gavin chuckled.

"I'll remember that." Connor's smile stayed on his face.

Gavin risked it by cautiously moving his hand to Connor's. Connor flinched slightly before he allowed the warmth of Gavin's hand to fill his, "You have every right to hate me, Con." Gavin said.

Connor shouldn't be doing this. He shouldn't be accepting Gavin's hand so easily. He should be shouting at him and telling him he wants to break up with him for good. He should be at Hank's house.

"If you want a break... from this. Then I completely understand."

Did Connor want to end it with Gavin?

Truthfully?

Yes and No.

Yes because Gavin was putting him threw so much stress and pain.

No because Gavin was showing him so much affection and love.

"You say that I'm just a machine and just plastic. That might not hurt a lot of the other deviants and androids... But me. It does."

"I know, I know. I'm so sorry. It's just..." Gavin groaned as he squeezed Connor's hand, "My hatred for androids is still there. But it's definitely not aimed at you." he brought the android's hand up to his lips and pressed kiss to his knuckles.

Connor was still angry and upset. His LED span yellow. He really didn't know what to think anymore. His emotions were uncontrollable.

"You're the only android who I actually fuckin' like. Love even. And besides... It's fucking Kamski's fault that I hate androids."

"R-Really?" Connor questioned, "Why?"

"As you know he's my brother. I changed my last name to Reed as soon as I turned eighteen. Couldn't stand having the same last name as him or my parents."

Connor listened intently, "What did they do to make you do something like that?"

"Parents treated me like shit but treated Elijah like he was their only son. He had a dream to create new life. Obviously he succeeded because of CyberLife." he paused as his fingers caressed Connor's knuckles, "Parents just thought he was better at everything so they kinda blocked me out. When he created the first android... That's all my parents and him bothered with. Completely forgot about me... And when I confronted them about the whole situation..." he pointed towards his nose.

"They did that to you?" Connor asked with genuine concern.

He nodded with a groan, "Old man thought I was fulla shit. I felt like Elijah created androids to spite me. Made me hate him and them. Ran away from home at seventeen. Changed my last name at eighteen. Was squattin' in a damn abandoned house for a good year and a half. Worked in a convenient store for a while but could only afford shit like food. Finally managed to join the DPD a few years later and get the money I needed."

Connor bit his lip, "Your life didn't exactly sound... enjoyable."

Gavin chuckled, "Over it already." his fingers interlaced with Connor's, "Although I didn't like the shit Elijah had done... There is one thing he did right."

The android tilted his head, "What?"

Gavin smirked before quickly pushing Connor into the grass and straddling his waist, leaning down to capture his lips, "He made you." he groaned in between the kiss.

Connor's hands fisted the grass as his cheeks flushed blue, not really knowing what to do.

He shouldn't be here. He shouldn't be doing this.

He couldn't stop himself from moving his hands to Gavin's back to grasp onto his jacket.

Gavin kept one hand by Connor's head for support, his other hand moving to the android's waist - Caressing gently.

Connor went through all of things he wanted to say to Gavin in his head...

He finally... Finally decided what their future should be.

"Gavin..." he muttered as he put a hand on Gavin's chest to push him away from his lips. 

"What's up, babe?" the hand on Connor's waist moved up to his jaw.

"Gavin..." Connor started, "M-Maybe we should..." Gavin caressed his cheek on his thumb, "I mean perhaps..." he didn't know how to word it.

"Take your time." Gavin smiled.

Tears appeared in Connor's eyes, "I think I want to break up with you."

Gavin's face dropped. A lump in his throat started to form, "Ah..." he said, moving away from Connor and folding his legs once again, "Sh-Shit. Sorry. I shoulda known that you would've wanted to split after the shit I've given ya. I shouldn't have done that." he fought the tears hard as he ran a hand over his face.

Connor sat up, "I said I think I want to break up with you. Honestly? I don't know. I'm just so confused with how you feel about me that it sends my systems into overdrive sometimes."

Gavin then opened his legs and motioned for Connor to sit in front of him. The android was a tad skeptical before he gave in. Gavin wrapped his legs and arms around Connor and rested his chin on the his shoulder.

And here Connor was again... Confused.

He would never admit that he absolutely loved it when Gavin was all touchy-feely like this. He definitely looked the hugs and cuddles that he provided.

But then again... The words that Gavin had said to him earlier flooded back into his head. 

Gavin's lips found Connor's neck, "You healed up quick by the way." he smiled against Connor's artificial skin.

"Y-Yeah."

Gavin then sighed, "I'm so sorry, Connor. You're more than just a machine. So much more." his arms tightened around Connor he peppered kisses down his neck causing the android to shiver, "I will never ever call you plastic, obedient, just a machine or anything like that ever again. Please..."

"Or robot-boy?"

"Never again." he said with full sincerity.

Connor couldn't keep giving Gavin any more chances.

But he couldn't leave him either.

Connor turned around in Gavin's arms to face him, before wrapping his own arms around the man, "My emotions are too much for me sometimes."

"I know..." Gavin smiled.

The android then leaned forward to kiss the tear that was trailing down Gavin's cheek, "If you ever... call me anything that refers to me being an android again... That's it."

Gavin chuckled before pecking Connor on the lips, "Can I at least you call dipshit."

"As long as you love me then I might accept it." Connor smiled.

"I love that smile o' yours." he said, "I love you as a whole, too."

Connor was silent before he buried his face into Gavin's neck.

What was he doing?

Why was he running back to his man?

The man who had put him through so much emotional pain.

"I love you, too." Connor muttered.

He had to convince himself that he did.

He couldn't afford to lose Gavin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 4.7K 32
❝You know what, fuck you. I'll put up a sign that says 'No assholes allowed'.❞ ❝So you're banning yourself?❞ [Various scenarios] In which Gavin gets...
73.5K 2K 22
Connor is lieutenant Hank Anderson's partner. He aids him on the force and in his home. One morning after a long night of drinking, Hank gets a very...
95.6K 3.9K 51
Okay, so Gavin is low-key one of my favorite characters in Detroit: Become human. If you're reading this though, you must like him, too, so you can't...
35.8K 1.4K 20
[Completed] You're Y/N L/N, a great student with average grades at DUAT College. Four years ago? A police officer. But your insecurities got you kic...