Not So Different | Connor x G...

By GoldenEnderFox

(Established Relationship) It's been almost five months since the peaceful protest had occured. Androids now... More

Chapter 1: One Month Anniversary
Chapter 2: Texting with Emojis
Chapter 3: Last Chances
Chapter 4: Triggers
Chapter 6: Despacito
Chapter 7: Stress Levels Rising
Chapter 8: Confrontations on the Street
Chapter 9: The Good Days
Chapter 10: Return to Me
Chapter 11: Gavin's Hatred Bubbles
Chapter 12: All in the Past
Chapter 13: Off Work Early
Chapter 14 *SMUT*: Let Me Love You
Chapter 15: Jericho
Chapter 16: Insecurities
Chapter 17: Get Through This
Chapter 18 *BRIEF SMUT*: Everything Will Be Alright
Chapter 19: Drunken Buzz
Chapter 20: "Dogsitting"
Chapter 21 *SMUT*: Broken Ties
Chapter 22: Caught in the Crossfire
Chapter 23: Fawkes in the Club
Chapter 24: Affection
Chapter 25: Brotherly Reunion
Chapter 26: Don't Go...
Chapter 27 *SMUT*: One More Night
Chapter 28: Broken
Chapter 29: New Partners
Chapter 30: Young Love
Chapter 31: The Wrong Path
Chapter 32: Abused
Chapter 33: Opposites Attract
Chapter 34: It's You
Chapter 35: Cheating
Chapter 36: Cyclothymia
Chapter 37: Investigaton
Chapter 38: Best Friends
Chapter 39: Clear My Mind
Chapter 40: I Think I Wanna Marry You
Chapter 41: Together Again
Chapter 42: Binary Talk
Chapter 43: Don't Deserve This
Chapter 44: Confusing Encounter
Chapter 45: Visual Defect
Chapter 46: What Is This Feeling?
Chapter 47: Pull The Trigger
Chapter 48: The Best Detective
Chapter 49: Lara and Fawkes
Chapter 50: Gun Shots
Chapter 51: Dysfunctional Family
Chapter 52: Wounded
Chapter 53: Before the Storm
Continuation?

Chapter 5: Bed Sharing, Old Texts

2.3K 85 83
By GoldenEnderFox

Gavin's thumb brushed over Connor's cheek as the rag in his other hand carefully wiped over the android's nose, clearing away the excess Thirium.

Connor's self-repair feature had played a huge part in the fix, Gavin was just there to make sure it wasn't crooked and wasn't covered in Thirium.

"You all good?" Gavin asked, finally wiping away the last mark of Thirium, his hand coming to rest on the around's cheek.

He nodded, "Yes. The pain should soon subside. Thank you." Connor turned his head to place a kiss to Gavin's palm. The Detective kept his hand there as his other hand threw the Thirium covered rag onto the coffee table. His now free hand came to rest on Connor's other cheek.

"Next time, I will scope out the place first." he assured the android.

"Next time?" Connor asked, turning his head back to look directly at him.

"Well... If you're up to it." Gavin pressed his lips to the android's. He pulled away as he felt something brush against his legs, "This must be the famous: Sumo."

Connor nodded, "Yes."

The dog immediately jumped up onto the couch next to Gavin, giving him a playful bark, "Hey there, bud." Gavin said, his hand on Sumo's head. Other hand now resting by his side.

It was now 3am and Connor scanned Gavin. Noting that the man needed his sleep, "Gavin." Connor put his hand on Gavin's thigh, "I would recommend that you sleep."

"We haven't got work tomorrow, Con." he removed his hand from Sumo before placing his other hand over Connor's, looking at him, "I can sleep whenever the fuck I want."

"Please, Gavin. I don't want you tired throughout tomorrow. It is already my fault that you are up this late."

"What? How is it your fault?"

The android shifted in his seat, before pointing at his nose with his free hand, "This-"

"That is not your fault." Gavin assured, moving both of his hands to the android's cheeks, "If anything, it was my damn fault. Makin' you go out to a bar that I knew hardly anything about."

Connor smiled before putting his arms around Gavin and leaning into his side, Gavin reciprocated, "We're just as bad as eachother." the android mumbled, burying his face into his boyfriend's neck.

That was not true. Gavin felt like the worst person on the planet. Connor was so innocent compared to him.

"You want me to stay with you until Lieutenant Asshole gets back?"

"If it's not too much of a bother for you."

"Not at all, hun."

-x-

Connor had entered Hank's room and soon returned to the couch with a duvet and pillow under his arms, "I-I can take the couch." the android said. He was also wearing his 'Knights of the Black Death' shirt and some black pyjama bottoms.

Oh, how much he wanted to fall into 'sleep-mode' surrounded by Gavin's warmth... But the nerves that shot through him told him otherwise.

"Connor, we can just shar-"

"You can take my room."

Gavin stood up and approached him, "No, listen-"

"I don't sleep like humans do anyways, Gavin. I have merely brought these-" he referred to the things under his arms, "-for my own personal comfort."

Gavin allowed Connor to step past him and put the duvet and pillow onto the sofa. He decided not to push Connor into sharing a bed with him, "You sure you're gonna be all right out here, Con? I can take the couch if you want."

"I insist, Gavin. You are the guest afterall." he paused, "I will be awake for 90% of the night, so you can come and see me if you require anything. The remaining 10% I will be in sleep-mode, restoring as much power as possible."

He was sometimes weirded out by Connor's 'android abilities'. But he still loved him nonetheless.

"Connor..." Gavin was about to tell him that he would really like it if he kept him company. He just nodded, "Okay. I will let you know if I need anythin'."

Connor smiled as Gavin pulled him into a hug, "Goodnight, Gavin."

"Goodnight, dipshit." Gavin joked, his lips pressed softly against the android's neck. He let out another sigh before he mumbled against Connor's neck, "I love you, asshole."

Okay... Connor felt like he couldn't breathe, and he didn't even need to! He loved affectionate Gavin so much, it almost hurt.

"I... I love you too, Gavin." Connor said, pouring out his mechanical heart. His arms tightened around the Detective, not wanting to let go.

Somewhere deep down, Gavin knew that Connor didn't want to let go. He knew that Connor could just stay like this with him for hours if it was possible.

Gavin smirked as he placed another kiss on the android's neck, teeth grazing. He felt the shiver run up Connor's back. Gavin then put his hands slightly under Connor's shirt to rest them on his bare hips. His mouth seeking Connor's soon after.

Connor was actually the one who tried to push things further, his tongue brushing against Gavin's lip, seeking entrance.

The loud bark coming from Sumo caused the pair to pull away. Sumo growled up at them.

"Hungry." Connor sussed, "Got it."

Gavin smiled at him, his hand coming up to rest on Connor's cheek, "Take it easy." he said, referring to Connor's nose which was still slightly crooked.

Connor nodded.

-x-

Gavin had headed into Connor's room, breathless.

Connor had fed Sumo before he made his way to the couch and flopped onto his back, his hands coming up to cover his face as he was buried into the duvet.

He felt like he was going crazy.

The idea of Gavin just 'using him' was still lurking at the back of his memory banks. He didn't want to believe that theory but he sure as hell couldn't rule it out.

Perhaps all of this affection was just a way to get at him? A way to make the android obedient once again, forcing him to do things for the Detective.

Connor rolled over to bury his face into the pillow before deciding against it as a shock of pain ran through his nose. He turned back over focus on the ceiling.

He tried to calm himself as he listened to the soft snores of Sumo who was sleeping not too far away from him.

No.

No way Gavin was like that.

A few months ago the story would have been different but now... Gavin had changed for the better. Even if he didn't particularly like to show his soft side at work.

His LED flashed yellow as he tried to process what was happening to his systems. To his body. Gavin had such a strange effect on him, Connor couldn't even place it.

He wanted to go into his room and lie with Gavin, conquer the fear of rejection because he knew Gavin wouldn't say no. But his nerves still got the better of him.

Connor decided then and there that he hated emotions. They were always so complicated.

He then reached for his phone on the coffee table before scrolling through all the texts that he and Gavin had sent to eachother over the past few months.

He came across one of his favourite conversations:

Gavin: Hey Connor...

Connor: Detective? What's wrong? Do you need help with a case?

Gavin: No no nothin like that

Connor: It has to be important enough for you to be texting me at 4:35am, Detective.

Gavin: i would consider this to be the most important text i hv ever sent

Connor: Don't hold back.

Gavin: I dont know how to word this. its a lot harder than i thought it would be

Connor: Would it be best for us to talk in person about this particular matter?

Gavin: no! hell no. i probably woulda passed out by now if i was talkin to ya in person

Connor: That does not sound at all reasonable, Detective. I am highly certain that you would not pass out.

Gavin: yea yea. Look... i know i was a dick to you a few months back and i hv been tryin to show u that im sorry

Connor: Yes. I understand and I accept your apology.

Gavin: thats good to hear. anyways, durin these past few months of me tryna make it up to you...

Connor: Go on.

Gavin: im gonna sound fuckin stupid. I like u Con. I dont usually do cheesy but here I am... bein extra cheesy

Connor: I like you too, Gavin.

Gavin: I dont just like you as a friend Con. I do see you as a friend but... I wanna see you as something more than that

Connor: Oh. I see.

Gavin: now I understand if you still have a grudge against me

Connor: Oh, no. It's nothing like that. I am just surprised that you confessed.

Gavin: Surprised?

Connor: Yes. Truth be told, whenever I am around you, I can feel myself overheating. I'm not too sure if I understand this emotion I am feeling, but what I do understand is that you may return these emotions.

Gavin: ur android talk confuses me

Connor: You like me. I like you. Romantic.

Gavin: Simple enough

Connor: Good.

Gavin: So do you wanna go out sometime? for a walk or whatever the fuck u like doin

Connor: I would like that, Gavin. It would make me extremely happy.

Gavin: Great. I will pick u up later if ur down for it?

Connor: Yes. I am free all day today. I can't wait.

Gavin: me neither, Con.

-x-

Connor had returned the phone to the coffee table before his eyes drifted over to the hallway that lead to his room.

He weighed out his options.

Stay here and wait for 'sleep-mode' to overcome him.
Go to where Gavin is and ask to share the bed.
End it all because all of these emotions were really getting on his nerves.

He ran a hand through his hair before standing and walking towards his room. There was no harm in asking right? He had to conquer his fears.

Connor slowly turned the doorknob to be met with the quiet snores emitting from Gavin. He closed the door behind him before heading towards the empty side of the bed. He carefully slipped into the bed, in hopes of not waking up Gavin.

He failed.

Gavin turned over to face him, his eyes lids just barely open as a tired smile spread across his lips, "Come here, babe." he shuffled closer, putting his arms around Connor's waist. Connor tucked his head underneath Gavin's chin, his hands clutching at Gavin's black t-shirt.

Gavin then intertwined their legs together, attempting to pull Connor closer if that was even possible.

Connor liked this. He could get used to this.

Gavin liked this. He could get used to this.

Hopefully it would stay like this between them forever...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

374K 12.4K 40
About three months after the events of Detroit: Become Human, Connor continues to struggle with his new-found emotions. Despite CyberLife chasing aft...
202K 9.4K 18
You had just witnessed a murder - was it a murder? Nothing could make you forget the fear you saw in the eyes of what you thought was just a machine...
261K 8.9K 23
*Follows the storyline of Detroit: Become Human* You've been working at Detroit City Police Department for a few years, being in the police force had...
129K 4.8K 32
❝You know what, fuck you. I'll put up a sign that says 'No assholes allowed'.❞ ❝So you're banning yourself?❞ [Various scenarios] In which Gavin gets...