Hayden

By PreciousT_

"Get your hands off me!" I yelled in his face. He had a firm grip on my arm and being the woman that I was, I... More

Red.
Indigo.
Blue-Green.
Yellow.
Magenta.
Orange.
Grey.
Beige.
Burgundy.
Navy Blue.
Turquoise.
Purple.
Pink.
Teal.
•Clarifying Chapter•
Green.
Olive Green.
ALANA.
Brown.
Silver, part 1.
Silver, part 2.
Baby Blue.
Ivory.
White, part 1.
White, part 2.
White, part 3.
Lavender.
Not an update.
Red (again).
Lilac.
Periwinkle.
Charcoal.
Sky Blue.
Epilogue| Gold.
Bonus Chapter.
The Switch Up

Cream.

4.3K 159 17
By PreciousT_

Justice

"Bro, you're mad annoying," I said to Aaliyah as she held the ice in her hand, smiling. After a long workout, she was helping me ice my muscles. They were sore. But after a while, I guess she got bored so she decided to put the ice down my back. She was still laughing and smiling.

"It's not funny Aaliyah," I said with a fake hurt look on my face. I had to make her feel bad.

"Yes it is," she said in response.

I shook my head and slowly turned to the other side of the bed. Thank god I was skinny as hell because these college beds were little as fuck.

"Oh, you mad at me? I'm sorry," Aaliyah said as she tried to get my attention. I grabbed my phone off the charger and started scrolling on Instagram, ignoring her.

"Bae, don't be like that. I said I was sorry."

I wanted to laugh but that would blow my cover so I kept ignoring her as if she wasn't there. I wasn't gonna do it for long though because my body was still sore and I needed her to finish her job.

"No Justice for real. I didn't mean it," she said as she laid her body on top of mine. I tried to keep my smile on the inside but I ended up smiling as I rolled over to hold her.

"It's cool. I'm not mad at you," I said. I kissed down her neck and squeezed her tight.

"I like when you hold me like this. You make me feel safe," Aaliyah said before kissing my arm.

"Oh boy, don't start that lovey dovey shit," I said as my fingers rubbed on her creamy skin. My hand traveled down her slim body.

"Oh please okay. You love that shit. Stop acting up," she replied.

"Who you talking to?" I asked. My hand stopped at the waistband of my Under Armour shorts that she was wearing.

"I'm talking to you and you better move your hands from where they at," she said before trying to face me.

"Why? Spread them legs," I whispered in her ear.

"Nope. Oh my god, I can't wait to get back to New York for Christmas break," Aaliyah said. I could feel her legs slowly spreading apart. She was tryna do it lowkey but I been with Aaliyah long enough to know what she was up to.

"Yeah me too. I miss my sister and my dad," I responded. I was thinking about the engagement ring that I had in my drawer. I couldn't wait to propose. No lie, I was scared out my ass. I doubt she would say no but shit, you could never tell what's going on in a woman's mind.

"I miss them too. I hope they like the gifts we brought them," Aaliyah said breathlessly. I had her right where I wanted her now.

"What you said bae?" I whispered in her ear as my fingers stroked her insides.

"I don't know but I know what I'm about to be saying if you keep touching me like that," she said before turning to moan in my ear. That shit was a turn on, dead ass.

I leaned over to kiss her before taking my fingers out of her and then grabbing my phone.

"Justice," Aaliyah said. I ignored her as I scrolled on my timeline.

"Oh no, you not about to play with me like that," she mumbled as she threw one of her legs over me. She leaned down and started kissing my neck and chest. Her hands rubbed my sides as she lifted my shirt. I took it off and let her do her thang. She slid her body down mine as she made her way lower. The anticipation was growing and so was my dick.

"We doing this or what?" I asked, looking down at her as she slowly rubbed my already hard dick. Aaliyah then took her hands off me before sitting up and sitting on her feet.

"What's the matter baby?" I asked. She looked like she had something to say but instead of saying it, she was just delaying the process.

"I love you," she said as she reached over to give me a kiss. I kissed her back and stopped to put my hand under her chin. We stared at each other.

"I love you too. Now what's wrong?" I asked again.

She blinked and spoke. "Will you marry me?"

I blinked and just sat there caught off guard. Did she just ask me what I think she asked me?

"Forget it. Forget everything I just said," she said in a rushed voice.

"Aaliyah-" I said before she cut me off.

"Come on. Let me suck your dick," she said as she reached for my boxers so she could get to my dick.

"Bae stop. We gotta talk about what you just said," I said while holding her small hands in place.

"Justice, I said nothing. Forget I even brought it up. It was stupid to ask anyways. I know you probably don't wanna get engaged right now. I just-" she said before I put my hand over her mouth.

"Bro, shut up and let me talk."

Aaliyah rolled her eyes and nodded her head so I took my hand off her mouth. I then leaned over to kiss her plump lips.

"It's like you're in my head all the time," I told her.

She raised her eyebrow at me. "What do you mean?"

"If your fast ass would've waited a few more days..." I said while getting up to go to my drawer where the ring was.

"A few more days for what?" She asked while getting off the bed to come near me.

"For this." I turned to face her. She looked shocked when I dropped down on one knee with the box in my hand.

"What's this?" She asked.

"So you mean to tell me that you don't know what an engagement ring looks like?" I asked her.

"I mean of course but who is it for?" Aaliyah asked. I stared at her, looking at the tears in her eyes.

"Liyah baby... I think we should stop smoking." She had to stop because she was slowly losing her mind if she couldn't tell that this ring is for her. I know my girlfriend wasn't stupid. Hopefully it was just the shock of me on one knee because what the fuck.

"So you were going to propose to me anyway?" She asked in disbelief.

I rolled my eyes. "Bro, obviously that was the plan. But, like I said, you beat me to the punch."

Aaliyah laughed and held her left hand out. I smiled while taking the ring out the box and sliding it on her finger.

"What you think?" I asked her. "I hope I did good. I wanted the ring to be perfect for you but if it's not big enough or pretty enough, I can get another one if-" I said before Aaliyah cut me off with a kiss.

"Bae, it's beautiful okay? It's more than perfect for me. You're perfect for me and I love you," she told me with her arms around my neck, looking up at me.

"Dead ass?" I asked.

She nodded with a smile on her face. "Dead ass. Now, where were we?"

"Oh, I believe you was about to show me what that mouth do."

***

Hayden

London and I drove to her house first. She went to pack some things as I walked around her house, taking a good look at it. Her condo overlooked the city and I kinda wished that I lived in something like this so I could fuck on the balcony or against the window. She had two bedrooms and a bathroom and a half. Her floor was carpeted in the living room, but she had wood in all the other rooms. I lived in a condo but I ain't live in one like this. This one was quaint. It was fit for one person. For me to live alone, you would think I would have something smaller.

"Your house is nice," I called out as I surveyed the various pictures on her fireplace.

"Thanks. I decorated it myself," she said as she went in the kitchen to go in the fridge.

"What's all this?" I asked as I saw all the different papers on her kitchen table.

London poured some milk in a glass and then went into one of the white cabinets. She glanced at what I had in my hands and just shook her head.

"Some contracts and stuff. I'm a realtor so I have to finalize those papers and get them ready for people that are buying homes," she told me.

I nodded my head. I was glancing at the various signatures until I stopped.

"London, what the fuck is this?" I said as I read over the paper.

London was eating some cookies before she raised her eyebrow at me. She put down the cookies and came to look at what I was looking at. On the paper I had saw, it was Justice's signature.

"Um, a contract?" London said in a questioning manor.

"Okay yeah but what is my little brother's name doing at the bottom of it?" I asked her.

"You don't know?" She asked, confused.

"Know what?" I asked.

"Well, Justice called me one day and told me that he wanted to find a house for him and his girlfriend. He told me how he's gonna propose and everything so I decided to help him find a home," London simply told me.

I raised my eyebrow. "Why tell you instead of me?"

"Look, it's none of my business but he's grown. You don't have to know everything the boy does. I'm a real estate agent and I helped him out. I don't see where he would need your help in that," she said.

I rolled my eyes at her. "You're right. It isn't any of your business. Are you packed? We need to go to my house so I can pack and we can find these damn tickets."

"Ready when you are sis," London said as she poured the milk in the sink and proceeded to put the cookies back in the cabinet.

"Good, let's go."

***

We got to my house and I began to pack a few clothes, shoes, and whatever else I felt like I needed. I grabbed my iPad to look for some tickets to Cali. By the grace of god, I was able to find two tickets for an eight a.m flight. It was a little after two in the morning but London and I decided to take a nap before going to the airport.

"Imma sleep on the couch," London told me as she slipped off her shoes.

I made a face at her. "Girl, I have two spare bedrooms. You can sleep in one of them."

"Oh shit, I forgot you got other bedrooms. Justice isn't here so it's just you," she said while reaching behind her to scratch her back.

I nodded. "Yeah. I miss my little brother."

"I know he misses you too. Y'all are really close," she said.

"Yeah. We always were but once my mother died, we became closer."

"Can I ask you something?" London asked me.

"Sure. Wassup?" I asked.

"I don't know if it's too personal but, how did you deal with her death? Like, how did you cope?" She asked with a serious look on her face.

I thought it over for a second before responding. "Well, I think what helped the most was having my father and Justice there. Plus, I had the rest of my family there too. Support and a shoulder to cry on is always good."

"What about if you didn't have a support system? What if all you had was yourself? How would you deal then?" She asked.

"I can tell you one thing, death isn't something you really get over easily. And it isn't any easier if it was someone that you were close too. Without a support system, I feel that you have to be your own support system. Whenever thinking about that person, you do whatever you have to do to grieve. You can cry, scream, yell, and even write it out. Do whatever you gotta do and understand that you can take all the necessary steps to heal. Trust the process."

London was quiet for a minute. Taking a look at her, she looked sad. She was beautiful but sad and I hoped that one day, somebody or something could put the spark back in her eyes.

***

We arrived in California a few hours later. The trip was nonstop and I was able to sleep a little more on the flight. Once we departed the airport, we got in a rental car.

"Where are we staying? All the hotels are booked. Shit, even the motels are booked and I'm talking motel 6 Hayden," London said as she texted on her phone.

"Well, my mother had a couple of properties here, New York, and Virginia. She would rent them out to friends or people who needed them during the holidays or tourists who visited," I told London.

"Oh so like Airbnbs?" She asked.

I nodded my head. "We're going to one of them. I still got the keys to them."

"How did you get the keys?"

"My mother left all the properties to me before she died," I responded.

When we arrived at the secluded house, I got out the car with London right behind me. We grabbed our suitcases and headed to the front porch and then inside. The house looked just how my mother left it. It was still appealing even though it hasn't been touched since she passed. I still didn't know what I wanted to do with the properties but I didn't wanna sell them just yet.

"This is beautiful," London commented as she came across the living room. She was right about the house being beautiful. It was bright and cheery with splashes of color and scented candles.

"Okay, lets shower and then get down to business," I said while rubbing my hands. "Since there's only one bathroom, you can go first."

London nodded her head and went out off to the bathroom. Once I heard the shower running, my phone started ringing. I picked it up once I saw who it was.

"Hello?"

"Bitch, where are you? I went to your house and the shit looks deserted. Did you move and not tell me?" Armani asked on the other line.

I laughed at her. "Girl no. I didn't move. I'm just handling some business." I analyzed my nails and realized that after this detective work, I needed to treat myself to some rewinding and relaxation time.

"Oh. Well where are you?" She asked me.

I was about to blurt out California when I thought about the possibility of somebody listening to this call. So, I lied to my best friend. I crossed my fingers and mentally promised that I would explain everything once I touched back down in New York.

"I'm in Miami," I said to her. It sounded more believable than saying that I was in like Italy or something.

"Bitch, the holidays are being celebrated at your house. What the fuck you doing in Miami?"

"Well miss nosey, I came to check out this place that's on the market. I might open up a bakery here. But, I wanted to see it before making any decisions," I responded.

"Oh wow, really? I think that's amazing that you're thinking about expanding out of New York. Hold on girl. Karter, get your hands out that toilet!" Armani screamed at her daughter. I had to move my ear from the phone before it fell off. Armani was loud as fuck.

"Don't be screaming at my niece," I said while laughing.

"Speaking of nieces, I got something to tell you. I'm pregnant again," Armani said in excitement.

I was caught off guard by what she said so I was silent for a second.

"Hayden, you heard me? You okay?" Armani asked.

I nodded my head but forgot that we weren't on FaceTime so she couldn't see me. "Yeah, I'm good. Congratulations."

"Hayden-" Armani started but I cut her off.

"Girl, imma call you back. The agent just showed up. Love you and I'll talk to you later," I said before hanging up the phone.

"Who was that?" London asked as she came out the bathroom in one of the fluffy towels that was in there.

"Just Armani," I said as I twisted my phone around in my hands.

"What's the matter?" She asked me.

"Nothing."

"Hayden, we're developing a friendship. You don't have to talk about it now or ever but I'm trying to be here for you. If you wanna talk, I'm all ears," she told me.

I stood there, probably looking like a sad dog. London was about to walk away before I spoke.

"Armani is pregnant again."

"Really? Well, congratulations to her," London said with a smile. Noticing the look on my face, she spoke again. "Aren't you happy for her?"

I nodded. "Of course. I just can't help wishing that it was me sometimes." Those miscarriages made me feel infertile or something.

London looked at me and rolled her eyes. "It could be you. You just have to stop being so stubborn and get with Javon again. I'm sure that nigga ready to put a football team in you so you could sit down somewhere."

That made me laugh and I was happy that she said something that could make me do that.

"Now, let's get this show on the road. Go shower, you stink," London said with a laugh as she ran off to go
get dressed.

"You stink!" I yelled at her as I laughed.

"I just took a shower so it can't be me. I can smell your pussy through your pants!" She said, laughing again.

"Suck a dick," I said back as I got up to go shower.

***

"London, you sure this the place?" I asked while hiding behind a bush.

"Yes. This is the address that's on the back of the letter. Gary and my mother have to be here," London said, hiding behind the bush with me.

"You sure? This shit looks more abandoned than anything. Why would anybody wanna live here?" I asked in confusion. The outside looked spooky as fuck. The grass was overgrown and it honestly looked like one of those houses that would be near a swamp. Like, okay Shrek.

"Like I said, this is the address. You got another one that we should go to?" London asked as she looked at me with her hands on her hips.

I rolled my eyes. "No."

"Exactly. Now, can you see inside the house?" She asked me.

I looked and even squinted to see what was going on in that house but I honestly couldn't see shit. "Give me them binoculars."

London dug in her pocket to give me the binoculars that we brought along. I wiped the lens and looked at the windows of the house.

"What do you see?" She asked.

"Shh," I said while moving the binoculars to one of the windows. I didn't see anything going on upstairs. Downstairs? Now that was a different story. There was movement all through that bitch.

"There's alot of shit going down in that basement. That's where the movement is coming from.

"Let me see," London said as she grabbed the binoculars from me. She looked around and I could tell that she didn't know where to look. I rolled my eyes again but adjusted her head so that she could see what I was talking about.

"What the fuck is going on down there?" She mumbled while watching the movement downstairs.

"That's what I would like to know," I responded.

"There's only one way to find out," she said. After she said that, it sounded like glass was being thrown. Well, glass being thrown and screams. My body was on high alert and I was even more eager to find out what the fuck was going on.

***

Okay y'all. We about to get down to the nitty and gritty. Everybody about to come face to face. Uggghh, I can't wait for it all to be over with so y'all can get to see how everybody gonna end up!

Read December! You can find it in my works because after Hayden is wrapped up, I'm gonna be focusing on that book heavily. That book is probably gonna be my favorite because it's literally about my love life in a book tbh. Well... SOME things. I just added some extra things. You can ask me what's true and what's false in that story. Just take y'all asses on over and go read it, thanks lol.

More Than This hit like 40,000 reads! I'm so excited. I appreciate y'all for real. Thank you!

*A picture of Hayden and London is up*

*Not edited*

Vote
Comment
Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 5.7K 22
*EXPLICIT LANGUAGE & SEXUAL CONTENT In beautiful Las Vegas, where people come from all over in hopes of getting lucky lives Victoria Muller. Having s...
Abducted By Caitlin Bubb✔

Mystery / Thriller

3K 333 22
"What reason do I have to lie?" He looked up at me with squinted eyes. "Hmm, Maybe because YOU KIDNAPPED ME?" I yelled at him, throwing whatever was...
107K 3.5K 48
I finally looked up at him and laughed. As soon as our gazes locked I think I was going melt by the intensity in his eyes. "Just promise one thing, n...
957K 67.4K 69
You are angry I know, I know I was wrong, I did wrong, if you are mad then hit me, slap me, punch me, hurt me physically, I would bear that, but don'...