A Relentless Pursuit (Star Tr...

By WaterFire22

Being the daughter of Christopher Pike brings with it a certain expectation. At least thats what Farrah finds... More

A Relentless Pursuit (Jim Kirk/OC)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 18

2.1K 60 2
By WaterFire22

Four months later...

Farrah Pike sat outside a conference room waiting to speak to members of the Academy Board.

She had been called down here about twenty minutes ago and she wasn't sure of the reason.

But waiting had given her time to think of what had happened in the four months since they returned to Earth from defeating Nero.

Firstly, as soon as they had landed on the docking bay where the Enterprise was going to undergo all the necessary repairs, her father was rushed to the hospital.

He had woken up briefly in the shuttle on the way there, and Farrah had refused to leave his side when they wanted her to stay. She told him about what happened while he was under sedation, and what Lenny had told her about his legs.

On the shuttle he had tried to move them but found he couldn't do it. He had started having a an anxiety attack and the medics in the shuttle had to sedate him again to calm him down.

She didn't speak to him again until after he'd had his surgeries. Apparently he'd had a Centaurian slug shoved down his throat, and it had started to eat at his spinal cord. When the doctors had informed her of this she had wanted nothing more to find Nero and kill him herself, but he was already dead so she had to find other ways to deal with the anger and hatred she felt for Nero, for all Romulans it seemed she had put at fault.

And her father was still alive, healthy as he could be after that ordeal. He was for now confined to a wheelchair but he was slowly beginning to be able to take slow steps again but not enough that he would be able to get around very far.

The surgeons had done a wonderful job on his spinal cord with the only fault being that he would most likely walk with a cane for the rest of his life.

She had hated feeling so helpless while on the Narada and Ayel was choking her. So she had signed herself up for another further Advanced Combat class at the Academy that she would take until the Enterprise was shipped out again.

She had been assigned to the Enterprise as Chief Tactical Officer permanently. Just as many of her fellow cadets who had been on the Enterprise were given their positions permanently as well. She was especially happy when Nyota had told her she was assigned to the Enterprise as Chief Communications officer permanently as well.

The two of them had mourned the loss of Gaila together. A funeral that was held on Earth, as Gaila loved it so much her parents had it there. The two of them had the chance to meet some of Gaila's Orion friends who had made the journey. And they had gotten to meet the many people who had known Gaila.

The worst part, at least to her, was that there had been no body, just as there had been no body for any of the other people either. A fact Farrah had to accept may happen to her at any time.

It could happen to any of the officers who willingly walked on a Starship as it journeyed the galaxy.

Another thing that made her smile slightly was her relationship with Jim. After that sudden kiss they shared on the Enterprise while it made its way home they hadn't spoken until back on Earth.

Jim had come to sit with her at the hospital once he was done speaking with the Starfleet Academy about what had happened. He came and sat down in a chair beside her and took her hand. They didn't say anything to each other but him just being there brought her comfort.

Some time after her father was well on his way to being healed, Jim had knocked on her door and asked her on an actual date.

She'd said yes and the next week he had pulled up at her building in a new motorcycle as the last one he had given away. She wasn't sure what to expect on the date, he wouldn't tell her what they were doing only that it was a surprise.

He ended up taking her to an astronomy tower where he has used his new "Captain" rank to gain them access to the building. At the time she didn't think they were allowed in but Jim had reassured her and she had followed him inside.

Now she'd seen the stars from the Enterprise in space, and that was truly amazing. But still, nothing could compare to seeing the stars through a telescope that was planted on Earth. It was like they were actually in the Enterprise looking at the stars but it was different. In the past, before the very first Starships had been built, before the human race had traveled further than the moon, even further back than that, people had used telescopes to see the stars.

And to be counted among the few people who were not scientists and look through a telescope to deep space was just amazing to her.

Jim had surprised her again, having brought burgers, fries and milkshakes,(not exactly a five-star meal) though Farrah didn't really think Jim was the type to go to a fancy restraint either, and that was good because she didn't care for them either. So the food he had brought was perfect paired with the astronomy tower.

They had kissed again, this time longer and dare she say it more passionate than the first. And then a few hours later he had dropped her off at her building. The next day they were setting up their next date that ended up with them just sitting down at the coffee shop in the Starfleet Academy talking about random and personal things, really just getting to know each other.

She wasn't sure what they were to each other as they hadn't really discussed it but she could say she wouldn't be opposed to being Jim's girlfriend.

But first they would have to talk to her father... She could imagine how that was going to go.

Farrah looked up as the door opened and Sulu walked out of the room and looked at her.

"There ready for you," He told her with a nod, but she could tell he hasn't expected her to be the one in the chair, but he'd expected someone.

She raised an eyebrow at him but nodded as he held the door open for her and she walked inside with her hands held behind her back coming to a stop in front of the three men as the doors closed with a hiss.

The three men, with the greying hair sat behind a clear glass table with nothing on it, which was unusual. She thought there would be a data-pad at least.

"I am sure you are wondering why you were summoned here," The man in the middle spoke up.

"Yes, sir," Farrah replied nodding.

"Your Academy record speaks for itself Miss Pike. Congratulations on your assignment to the Enterprise," He continued.

"Thank you sir, I am looking forward to it sir," Farrah told him honestly.

"That's good. A well deserved position. But we asked you here because we have another offer for you to consider," The man in the middle explained.

She began to think the other two men were there just to make them seem more imposing. She didn't know what this other option was but she didn't think she would trade anything for the Enterprise position.

"Another option, sir?" Farrah asked him.

"You are well aware that Starfleet's priorities are peacekeeping and humanitarian missions," The man spoke again.

"Yes, I do, sir," Farrah replied.

"Unfortunately "peacekeeping" and "humanitarian" are pleasant words for often unpleasant realities," The man said to her confusing her even more.

"Starfleet has had to adjust to this truth," The man said continuing on,"We'd like to recruit you to be a part of a new initiative, were choosing only the brightest stars in the academy. Those with the right mix of intelligence, courage, and physical ability,"He explained pointing a finger at her and grinning.

"For what kinds of missions, sir?" Farrah asked him curiously.

"High risk, high precision, and most of all...completely covert," He told her smirking like he expected her to jump at the chance for the opportunity right there.

When she didn't move he continued,"So much so that I'd you relate this conversation to anyone outside of this room, you will be immediately discharged from service. That includes your father," He told her forcefully.

"It would mean giving up your assignment to the Enterprise. But you would be joining an even more select unit, carrying out missions potentially more important to Starfleet," He told her with a convincing smile.

Sensing her hesitation he continued,"You don't have to answer now. Just consider the possibility," The man told her folding his hands together and resting his elbows on the table.

"We'll be in touch. You're dismissed," He said to her.

"Yes, sir," Farrah replied before walking out the doorway and down the hall.

One week later...

Farrah stood behind her fathers wheelchair at the bottom of the assembly hall. She looked ahead as Jim stood in front of Admiral Barnett.

"This assembly calls Captain James Tiberius Kirk. Your inspirational valor and supreme dedication to your comrades is in keeping with the highest traditions of service, and reflect utmost credit to yourself , your crew and the Federation. It is my honor to award you with this commendation," The Admiral spoke as a grin began to form on Jim's face as a man comes over holding out the medal.

The admiral takes it from its box and pins it to Jim's uniform,"By Starfleet Order 28455, you are hereby directed to report to Admiral Poke, U.S.S Enterprise, for duty as his relief," Barnett told Jim holding out his hand for him to shake.

Jim nodded and turned to stand in front of her father,"I relieve you, sir."

"I am relieved," Christopher replied smiling up at him.

"Thank you, sir," Jim replied with a small smile nodding.

"Congratulations, Captain," Christopher replied holding out his hand for Jim,"Your father would be proud," He finished as the people in the stands began to clap.

Jim looked at Farrah behind her father as she grinned at him and he returned one before looking up at the people in the stands

Three days later...

"Maneuvering thrusters and impulse engines at your command, sir," Sulu announced.

"Weapons systems and chutes on standby," Farrah called.

"Dock control reports ready, Captain," Nyota said as they turned to watch as Jim walked inside the bridge in the Captains uniform.

Jim turned and grinned at them all before looking ahead towards McCoy,"Bones! Buckle up," He told him slapping him on the shoulder before he sat down in the command chair and turned on the comm,"Scotty how we doing?"

Down in Engineering, Scotty replied into the comm happily,"Dilithium chambers at maximum, Captain," He announced before turning to look and seeing Keenser on top of a vat,"Get down!" Scotty shouted up at him but the alien only shook his head.

"Mister Sulu, prepare to engage thrusters," Jim said to the helmsman just as Spock walks out of the lift.

"Permission to come aboard, Captain," Spock calls looking inside.

"Permission granted," Jim replies turning to look at him.

Spock nods and walks inside,"As you have yet to select a first officer, respectfully, I would like to submit my candidacy," He said to Jim who was standing up, "Should you desire, I can provide character references," Spock continued seriously.

Jim just grinned at him,"It would be my honor, Commander," Spock nodded and took his post.

Jim turned back to Sulu, "Maneuvering thrusters, Mister Sulu," He said sitting down again.

"Thrusters on standby," Sulu replied.

"Take us out," Jim requested.

"Aye aye, Captain," Sulu replied.

Sulu sends the Enterprise into warp.

"Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. Her ongoing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new lifeforms and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.9K 738 25
Destiny Fawn's always dreamed of being in Starfleet, every since her mother was turned down, she's made it her dream to do what she never could. Majo...
61.4K 1.6K 48
On a routine mission to Earth to pick up new recruits, Bones and Spock, along with the rest of the Enterprise crew are stunned when one of the newest...
26.8K 1K 22
Sala is the only daughter of Sorren, a son of Vulcan, and Jeanette Bentley, a daughter of Earth. This makes her a daughter of two worlds, each hailin...
16.4K 741 25
The story of a young Starfleet officer who is selected by Captain James T. Kirk to be his understudy on the USS Enterprise. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...