A Relentless Pursuit (Star Tr...

By WaterFire22

Being the daughter of Christopher Pike brings with it a certain expectation. At least thats what Farrah finds... More

A Relentless Pursuit (Jim Kirk/OC)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 17

2.2K 74 3
By WaterFire22

Farrah quickly walked over to her station blazing with fury at the state her father was in because of Nero, she practically sneered the name in her head.

She didn't even have to say anything as the woman in her chair that had taken over her place when she left quickly scrambled from the chair.

"Kepten! The enemy is losing power! Their shields are down sir," Chekov announces to Jim as he walks past with Spock to stand in front of the viewing screen.

"Hail them now," He orders as Chekov does as he says.

"Aye," Chekov replies doing so.

Inside the Narada, the red matter pulls together, creating a black hold in the center of the ship causing alarms to go off.

Nero appears on the view screen as it flickers in and out, the black hole interfering with the signals.

"This is Captain James T. Kirk of the U.S.S Enterprise. Your ship is compromised. Your too close to the singularity to survive without assistance, which we will provide," Jim tells Nero staring at the man who had killed his father in the face.

Of all the possible things Jim could have said to Nero, this was not one that his fellow crew members had anticipated, certainly not Spock.

"Captain, what are you doing?" Spock asks in a whisper to Jim turning around so Nero can't see what he is saying.

Jim turns around as well and whispers back to Spock,"Showing them compassion may be the only way to earn peace with Romulus. It's logic, Spock. Thought you'd like that," Jim tells him

Spock measures his words even more carefully than usual before replying, "No, not really. Not this time," He told Jim.

"I would rather suffer the end of Romulus a thousand times. I would rather die in agony than accept assistance from you," Nero replied moving closer to the viewing screen and saying the last word with hatred.

"You got it," Jim replied turning away from Nero on the screen and looking over to Farrah.

"Arm phasers, fire everything we got," He ordered her.

"Yes, sir," She replied doing it gladly.

Farrah quickly punches in the code and the Enterprise fires on the Narada as it's sucked into the black hole, destroying it, for good this time. Making sure it wasn't going to survive another time jump.

The entire bridge crew watches as the Narada is sucked inside the black hole disappearing from sight.

"Sulu, let's go home!" Jim orders as an alert comes upon the viewing screen, warning of a gravitational pull.

"Yes, sir!" Sulu replies turning the Enterprise around and sending it into warp.

Except nothing happens and the Enterprise begins to get closer to the black hole.

"Why aren't we at warp?" Jim asked as the ship started shaking wildly.

"We are, sir," Chekov told him.

"Kirk to engineering. Get us out of here, Scotty," Jim said into the comm.

"You bet your arse, Captain," Scotty replies running through engineering as the Enterprise is pulled even closer to the black hole.

"Captain, were caught in the gravity well! It's got us!" Scotty tells Jim looking at the readings.

"Go to maximum warp. Push it!" Jim orders him as Scotty walks away from the computer.

"I'm giving her all that she's got, Captain!" Scotty shouts looking around and throwing his hands up.

Everyone inside the bridge looks up in fear as the hull begins to crack.

"All she's got isn't good enough. What else you got?" Jim replies in the comm after looking at the crack quickly.

Down n Engineering Scotty puts his hands on his head while he thinks for a solution to save them all, "Okay. If we eject the core and detonate, the blast could be enough to push us away! I cannae promise anything, though!" Scotty tells him.

On the bridge, everyone's attention is drawn to the viewing screen as the glass begins to crack.

"Do it, do it, do it!" Jim yells into the comm.

"Clear the area! Go!" Scotty shouts to the people in the room:

"Yes, sir!" They reply leaving quickly.

Scott goes over to the computer and types in the code launching all the warp cores into space.

The warp cores fall into the black hole and nothing happens for a few moments until a brilliantly bright white light erupts from behind the ship jolting them all back in the seats as the Enterprise is overtaken by the energy.

The crew of the bridge watches in wonder and fear and the entire viewing screen is filled with white.

The shockwave carries the Enterprise away from the black hole before it breaks away from the energy to safety.

Everyone on the bridge, and most likely all over the ship burst into smiles of relief and happiness, while some even laughed.

After the Enterprise was well on its way back to Earth, Farrah had left the bridge to head down to the med bay to check on her father.

When she got there she saw him lying on a bed asleep with monitors hooked up around him.

She rushed over to him and put a hand to his cheek while looking down at him, even though he was asleep he still looked exhausted.

Farrah had been so afraid when they had walked into that torture room to see her father strapped to a table un-moving. For a few moments she thought that he was dead and they would only be recovering his body. She felt so much fear in that moment, and when he did make a sound, even though i pain, her heart leaped in joy.

She jumped when a hand was put on her shoulder and turned to see Lenny standing beside her, "He's under heavy sedation," He informed her, "I did all that I could here, but he's going to need a better hospital to help with his legs. He should eventually regain feeling and be able to walk again over time," Lenny told her as she nodded in acceptance.

"Thank you Leonard," She told him using his full name for the first time in almost three years while pulling him in for a hug as he tentatively patted her back.

They pulled away from each other as Lenny looked at her head with scrutinizing eyes, "What the hell were you doing on that bridge!" He suddenly erupted dragging her to another bed.

"What?" She replied in shock.

"Look at you, you probably have a concussion! You could have done more harm than good up there with an injury that causes confusion!" He told her taking a small flashlight and shining it in her eyes.

"I feel fine," Farrah replied with a sigh while blinking as he took the light away.

"Yeah? Keep telling yourself that until you start thinking the self-destruct button on the ship is a candy dispenser! Or your phaser is a..." Lenny told her mumbling the rest while opening up a cabinet and pulling out some things.

"What..." Farrah muttered not sure what to say to that.

"I don't even think the ship has a self-destruct button... That's only in the movies," Farrah told him with a shake of her head.

"Yeah, well let's not find out it does when you press it and the ship blows up killing us all!" Lenny replied walking over to her and putting on gloves.

Farrah didn't know what to say to that either so settled for shaking her head and watching as Lenny opened up a wrapper and produced an antibacterial wipe that he started using to clean up the cut on her forehead making her wince as it stung.

She knew why he had suddenly switched from concerned and comforting friend to nagging doctor. He was trying to take her mind away from the condition her father was in. It wasn't working for her but she played along with it anyways.

She watched as Lenny disposed of the used wipe and then started putting other things on the cut before bandaging it up.

"There, now you have to stay awake for twenty-four hours!" He told her with a stern look.

"I've already been up for way more than twenty-four. Lenny, you should be ordering me to sleep," Farrah replied in confusion.

"Not when you have signs of a concussion. Or do you want to never wake up again?" Lenny replied giving her a stern look, narrowing his eyes.

Farrah just held up her hands in surrender as behind them some monitors started going off. She quickly looked over at her father but saw that his monitors were normal and the beeping was because of another patient.

"Jim! Watch Farrah! Make sure she doesn't fall asleep," Lenny said looking behind her and she turned to see Jim standing there.

"Sure, Bones," He replied walking over to sit beside Farrah on her bed.

Lenny nodded and took off towards the beeping to tend to the patient.

Jim and Farrah both looked over to her father's sleeping form, "So, how is he?" Jim asked her.

"He's under sedation, and Lenny said that he should walk again," Farrah told him sadly.

"Well that's good, he'll be back and Captaining the Enterprise in no time at all," Jim replied with a grin as they turned away from Christopher to look at each other.

"I don't think he will. I'm pretty sure his Captaining days are over," Farrah replied while giving him a meaningful look.

While her father wouldn't be the Captain anymore, she had a feeling that Jim would be made the permanent Captain of Enterprise once her repairs were finished. And she didn't have anything bad to say about the Captaining skills he had shown already.

"Mr. Kirk?" A woman's voice called making them turn away from each other and to her, "I am to check you over at bed seven," The older looking nurse informed him walking over to the bed expecting Jim to follow her.

Jim nodded and turned back to Farrah giving her a small smile, just noticing their closeness, "He's going to be fine," He assured her.

"I know, he's a Pike," Farrah replied standing up, "I'm going to go sit with him," She told Jim as he stood up to.

"Alright, I'll find you later," He told her slowly lifting his hand and running it over the hand shaped bruises on her neck.

"I'm sorry," He whispered to her in apology.

"Why?" She replied looking up at him, hardly noticing the shiver that went up her spine at his touch.

"Because, I was too busy fighting Nero to help you," Jim replied looking at her while still running his hands up and down her neck.

"Its fine, I dealt with him," Farrah replied looking away and recalling as Ayel fell off the walway to his death, feeling hardly any guilt for it. Which should have worried her but her mind was occupied by other things at the moment.

Farrah looked back up at Jim as her heart pounded in her chest and her stomach refused to sit still. Jim's arms reached around her and pulled her in for a comforting hug. If anything could make her feel safe, and better about the situation it was standing in his arms. She wrapped her arms around him in return before slowly they pulled away from each other.

Standing closer to each other than they ever had before they both leaned in. Their lips met before either of them remembered to take a breath.

Farrah brought her hand up to the side of his head while he put his hand on the middle of her back. She could feel him, she could taste him, and she was him. Even though they had never kissed each other before they knew what to do. Her other hand moved to his chest as he pulled her closer, tighter as if he were afraid she was going to pull away from him.

Eventually they did have to pull away from each other though but not very far as they rested their foreheads against each other's.

Farrah took a deep yet slow breath, she couldn't believe she had just kissed Jim Kirk. She had just kissed Jim Kirk! She wasn't even sure what that meant for them. But she did know she was too exhausted right now to really analyze what had just happened. All she knew was that she and Jim had just kissed, and she liked it, she really really liked it...

Pulling further away from each other Jim grinned down at her with a smile that she couldn't help but find herself returning.

They didn't say anything, both afraid to break the spell that seemed to surround them after their kiss.

Apparently they were the only ones effected.

"Mr. Kirk?" The nurses voice called shattering their spell.

"Right, coming one second!" Jim replied turning to look over his shoulder at her before looking back down at Farrah and clearing his throat.

"Uhm.." He mumbled not really sure what to say.

"That was nice," Farrah commented before closing her eyes in embarrassment. Did she really just say "that was nice"!

She shifted on her feet and turned away from Jim before looking back over at him as they stepped away looking away from each other awkwardly neither sure what to do from here.

For Jim, it was the first time he had ever kissed a woman before and wanted something more than just sex. He would know exactly what to do if it were like that now, but with Farrah it was different. Something about her had to have caught his attention, heck he'd been chasing after her for over three years now!

So instead of screwing it up right from the start he turned away from her to look at the nurse at bed seven, "I gotta..." He trailed off turning back around to look at her.

"Yeah, yeah... I'm just gonna sit down beside my dad until he wakes up," Farrah replied stepping back and gesturing to her father behind them.

"Okay, yeah I gotta go see that nurse," Jim replied nodding.

"I'll, uh... See you later then," Farrah said to him.

"Yeah, I'll see you later," Jim replied backing up as they both turned around and away from each other.

As they walked their separate ways both had large smiles on their faces.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 7.5K 84
Spock is a half Vulcan-half human entering his third year at the star fleet academy. Ever since he was a child Spock was bullied for being different...
10.7K 495 17
It's been four years since Mary left the crew of the Enterprise. Now the ruler of her people, she has made great progress in her people joining the F...
24.9K 562 23
Hannah McCoy and Pavel Chekov have survived their first adventure in the USS Enterprise. What happens, though, when a mysterious man attacks Starflee...
2K 64 16
The dry plains is no place to raise a child. However it's this fate that brings Galaxy and Jim together. When the two join Starfleet with they become...