Loving the Homewrecker (BOOK...

By subversivej

in which the middle aged businessman has revealed his feelings for the homewrecker, and they're living happil... More

HI GUYS (again)!
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
BOOK 4

40

26.9K 750 93
By subversivej

Santiago

The door flew open and I looked inside, my eyebrows shooting up.

"Surprise," Adora said, smiling as she closed the door behind her, "the house looks the exact same as it usually does."

I chuckled and grabbed my bag from her hand. "I feel like a dick watching you carry my bag."

"Well, you're lacking in the working arm department, so," she said, taking it back as she smiled.

"It's just sprained," I said, walking into the kitchen, "I don't get what the big deal is."

I reached inside the cabinet with my working arm, only for her to close the cabinet. "No, no drinking."

I just looked down at her. "Excuse me?"

She looked up at me. "Doc said no drinking."

"One, I was getting a glass for water, and two, did doc say that, or did you say that?"

She sighed. "Both. Here."

She grabbed a glass and poured me some water, sliding it over to me.

"What harm is drinking going to do, anyways?" I asked.

"Well, let's go over your injuries," she said, "uh, major injuries to the chest region, also a gunshot wound, need I go into further detail?"

"Yeah, because I don't see how me drinking alcohol has anything to do with that."

She just looked at me. "It's a no. You should get some rest."

"I've been in a hospital bed for long enough," I said.

She brushed my hair away from my face. "Doctor's orders."

I smiled and grabbed her hand. "You don't have to play nurse. I mean, unless you dress up like one-"

"Funny," she said, "but I watched you flatline, so I'm going to be a little shaken up for a while."

I just looked down at her and pulled her into me, sighing as I pressed a kiss to her forehead. "I'm okay now."

She smiled and rubbed her hand up and down my back.

"When you said I didn't remember," I said, "what did you mean?"

She pulled away from me, leaning against the counter. "You, uh, you woke up and asked who I was."

I just looked at her. I could only imagine how much that hurt.

"You were still unconscious," she said, "I didn't know that. I freaked out, then Alessandra and I got into this huge fight, really long day, to say the least."

I looked down at the floor. "Did Mateo ever show up?"

"I think he was smart enough to stay away," she said.

"He's probably messed up right now."

She just furrowed her brows together. "Look at yourself."

"What?"

"You have a bruised up face, a gunshot wound, an arm in a sling, I think if anyone's messed up right now, it's you," she said, walking towards me, "stop thinking about everyone else before yourself."

"I'm fine, Adora," I said, "why are you so concerned about it?"

"Because I'm in love with you too," she said, a questionable tone to her voice, "because everything makes sense when I'm with you, I don't know?"

I just flexed my jaw muscle, pulling her into me with my free arm. "Let's rest for the rest of the day."

She nodded. "That sounds great."

~*~

Adora

I slid my phone in my back pocket as I jogged downstairs, smiling as soon as my eyes landed on Santiago sitting on the couch.

I think it was kind of a given that men looked adorable beaten up as bad as it sounded, but Santiago seemed to look ten times more adorable than any other male could ever even think about being.

"Hey," he said, looking over at me.

"Hey," I said, "I was just on the phone with Alessandra."

His eyebrows shot up. "I bet that was eventful."

"I forgot to mention the fact that we made up, I guess," I said, plopping down on the couch.

He just smiled.

"She said she's going to keep the boys with her for a few more days," I said, "that you really need rest and space-"

"I can get those things with the boys here," he said, furrowed brows, "they're twelve, they're pretty much self-s-"

I placed a hand on his arm, smiling. "She's just trying to help."

"I seriously can't believe that after, what, however many years you haven't found out that she's a very manipulative woman."

"Okay, she might be, but she means well right now," I said, "believe it or not, no one is out to get you right now."

He furrowed his brows together. "That's rich."

"What do you mean?"

"You haven't let me forget about the fact that I just got out of the hospital," he said, "you are constantly reminding me that someone's out to get me right now."

"I think your meds are wearing off," I muttered, standing up.

"I think they are, too, because it feels like a goddamn train is driving through my chest."

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed his medicine out of the cabinet, pouring a glass of water.

I walked into the living room and handed him his meds along with his water.

"Thank you, sorry I snapped," he said, grabbing my hand.

I smiled and raked my fingers through his hair. "Just get some rest."

I heard a knock on the door and I figured it was just another flower delivery for the day. News had gotten out that Santiago was officially back home, and everyone felt the need to send flowers to his building and close friends and family were sending huge bouquets to the house.

I really expected something different for a man, no lie.

I opened the door and froze when I saw Mateo standing there, my lips parting.

He gulped, pursing his lips together.

I looked over my shoulder and closed the door behind me, folding my arms over my chest.

"I was just stopping by," he said.

I just nodded slowly. "You know, he was in the hospital for two days, you could've stopped by then."

"I could've," he said, "but I didn't."

"Yeah, I know, I was there."

"I get it," he said, "you hate me, I can't technically blame you."

"I don't hate you," I said, shaking my head.

"Does he?" He asked, looking away from me.

"I think that's a conversation for you two," I said, "at a different time, though."

He nodded, clearing his throat as he looked down at the ground.

"I think you should go," I whispered.

"Yeah," he said, "yeah, I think I'm going to. Somewhere a long way away."

"No," I said, furrowing my brows together, "no, you can't do that. Alessandra's about to give birth in a few months, you can't disappear."

"I wish I could understand it for you, Adora," he said, "I wish I could just break this whole situation down for you-"

"I already know everything," I said, "I know about the gang, the drugs, I know it all. Even about you and Alessandra, your guys' past. You can't disappear on her again."

"I expected you to be the last person to care about who's in her life."

"I care about it because she's carrying your child," I said.

"My parents think I did it," he said, turning around, "that's why I need to go. I don't need contact with anyone, I just need to rid the w-"

"Mateo, I'm really not the best at parents, but I think they love you through everything," I said, rubbing the back of my neck, shaking my head, "don't worry about them."

He looked over his shoulder at me. "Does he even want to see me again?"

I just cocked my head over. "Like I said, I think these are conversations for you and Santiago to have."

He just flexed his jaw muscle.

"You should stop by tomorrow," I said, "when he's feeling better. He just took his meds, so he's kinda angry. Maybe he'll be better tomorrow."

He nodded. "I'll think about it."

I just smiled a crooked grin. "Hey, Mateo?"

He looked back at me.

"She loves you a lot more than you give her credit for," I said, "so please, don't make her miss you, that's the worst thing you can do."

~*~

Santiago

I looked over at Adora, throwing my pillow on the couch. "Who was that?"

She took a second before responding. "It was, uh, Mateo."

I just furrowed my brows together and stood up straight. "What?"

"I told him to stop by tomorrow," she said, "to talk."

"I think that's my place to decide when I want to talk to him," I said, furrowed brows.

"Santiago, don't place all the blame on him."

I just chuckled.

"I mean, didn't he tell you to stay out of it?" She muttered, looking over at me.

"So you're saying it's my fault?" I asked.

"I never said that," she said, "I'm just saying, it's not all his fault. Place the blame on the person that ran you off the road and obliterated your car, the person that shot you, for God's sake."

"How do I know that wasn't him?" I yelled, throwing my one free arm up, "how do I know he wouldn't do it again?"

"You know, I really don't know!" She yelled back, "but I do know that giving people chances isn't the worst thing to do in life."

"Don't even fucking start on chances, Adora," I said, throwing the blanket down, "I've given him more chances in my lifetime than everyone else put together. The amount of lives he's put in danger is sickening, and the fact that your life could've been in d-"

"Shut up!" She yelled, "this is not about me! Stop caring so much about other people!"

"That's so rich coming from you right now," I said, nodding down at her with furrowed brows.

She just looked up at me, her petite body pretty much attached to mine, her eyes cutting into my own like knives.

"I am not arguing with you about this right now," she said, her voice a low hum.

She backed away from me and shook her head.

I finished setting up the couch exactly how I needed it in order to sleep, and I just looked over at her.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm sleeping here," she said, "I have to keep an eye on you tonight."

"You're not sleeping on the couch-"

"Santiago, I said I wasn't arguing," she said, her eyes closed.

I just looked over at her for a few seconds before plopping down on the couch with a sigh.

I just looked over at her as she laid down on the couch.

"Night," I muttered.

She hesitated for a few moments before she cleared her throat. "I love you. A whole hell of a lot."

I just looked at her. I wished I could've just wrapped her up in my arms, made everything feel okay for her.

I knew she'd be on edge for a long time.

"I love you, too."

~*~

hi guys!

GOODNESS GRACIOUS! PAPI & MAMI R FEISTY AF HAHAHA

just know that's 1) the meds messing with him bc he's still lowkey doped up as HELL 2) Adora being on edge and stressed and upset ab her mans & 3) Santiago being tired of Mateo's sHiT

but hey the sexual tension oh my god I probably would've thrown Santiago down knowing he was wearing a white t shirt & sweatpants in my mind

HAHA but anyways how did u guys like this chapter? promise the next one will be more lovey but I know for a FACT that meds mess some bitches up if u have enough don't even get me started

I rlly hope u guys liked this chapter. sorry it came out so late!! I literally won't even begin to go into detail as to why. just b thankful I got it out on Friday and wasn't a shit author for once

OK ILY GUYS hope u loved it <3333

^^^ how Adora is going to greet Santiago when he's able to indulge in certain physical activities again (jk)

hey why don't you just fucking run me over and throw the chair on top of me to add onto it?? thanks. ALSO THIS PICTURE HAS LITERALLY ALWAYS BEEN MY EXACT VISION OF SANTIAGO KING 😭 it literally makes me emotional that nick took this pic bc it's literally Santiago King and u cannot say it isn't.

ok ILY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 48.7K 52
in which the homewrecker comes back after being away for five years... with a new love interest. cover•@Angelcxies
353K 11.4K 50
18 year old Haley Martin has just started her senior year. And she's in need for a job if she wants to save up money for college. Luckily a certain b...
6.6M 238K 61
#3 on Featured list! "I need you to be my wife." he said lifting her chin up, forcing her to look at him. "But, we don't love each other." protes...
95.9K 1.1K 21
When a stripper falls for an older man