34

Adora

I let out a sigh as I held a pantsuit up against my sweatshirt and leggings clad body, examining myself in the mirror. "Is this too fancy?"

Josiah puckered his lips. "Yeah, too fancy."

I groaned and walked back into my closet, skimming my eyes over my pantsuit collection.

"Adds, it's just lunch," Fred said, running his fingers through his hair, admiring his appearance in the mirror. "Just dress casual."

"Guys," I said, leaning against my closet door, "your mother is constantly wearing pencil skirts and blazers. I can't look like a slob."

"She's also, like, what? Six months pregnant by now?" Josiah asked, "she's probably going to be wearing yoga pants."

"I'm not wearing yoga pants," I said, shaking my head, "and your mother is not six months pregnant, I don't think."

"She looks like she is," Fred said, plopping down on the bed.

I grabbed a casual black button-up dress, smiling as I looked at it. "What about this one?"

"That's cute," Fred said, "my favorite so far."

"Same here," Josiah said.

"Okay," I said, "you guys go finish up getting ready. I'll be done in a sec."

They scurried out of my bedroom and I closed the door, stripping out of my clothes.

My phone began to vibrate and I grabbed it.

Incoming call:
Baby

I slid my thumb across the screen. "Hello?"

"I miss you," Santiago said.

I just giggled, sitting down on the bed. "I miss you, too."

"I'm sitting outside the venue," he said, "I'm avoiding going inside, I think."

I giggled, tracing circles on my thighs. "You'll be great."

He let out a sigh. "Did I bother you?"

"No, not at all," I said, "I'm just getting ready to go to lunch with Alessandra."

"W-why?" He asked.

"Well," I began, "she invited the boys over for lunch, and she asked if I'd like to come, too."

I could pretty much hear the shocked expression on his face. "Why did she invite you guys over for lunch?"

"Well, she wants the boys to come stay the night with her, so she decided to be nice and offer them and me lunch."

"Did she say why?"

"Why so many questions?" I asked, giggling.

He just cleared his throat with a chuckle. "I-I just am concerned as to why she's being genuine."

I shrugged. "I have no problem with it."

"What are you wearing?" He asked, abruptly diving into a different conversation.

"To the lunch? A dress-"

"No," he said, "no, I mean right now."

I just smiled. "I'm in my underwear and bra, why are you so concerned?"

He just chuckled. "As I said, I miss you more than words can begin to describe."

"Well, you get back tomorrow night. Only one more day away from me, it's not that bad, right?"