30

ma's dress 🤩😍

Santiago

Unfamiliar and familiar faces were filling up the room, men in the most luxurious suits on the market, women in dresses as luxurious as their partners'.

"The amount of money in this room is actually disgusting," Toni said, taking a sip of his champagne.

"Yeah, everyone here has one-upped me by now," Asad said, raising up on his tip-toes to see if he could find his date.

"Adora here?" Toni asked.

"Mm mm," I answered, shaking my head, "not yet."

The sole reason I knew how Adora wasn't here yet was because I didn't feel her presence in the room.

Toni's eyes followed every woman that walked by, his arms folded over his chest.

"Just saying," he said, "I still think I'd be a better door greeter than that guy. He's clearly lacking in the charm department."

I just chuckled.

"The only reason you're not the door greeter was because Santiago nor I wanted you to get bagged every time a man walked through with his woman and you couldn't take your eyes off of her chest."

Toni rolled his eyes. "I really need some single guys to help me scope out women. Where are Fred and Jo when you need them?"

In my search for Adora, I found Mateo instead, my eyes landing on him standing alone, drinking his champagne.

He looked over at me and placed his champagne glass on the table, shoving his hands in his pockets as he walked over to me.

"Hey," I greeted, "you good?"

He looked over his shoulder. "As long as you need an invitation to get into this thing, yeah, I'm good."

I just flexed my jaw muscle. "You're safe here, swear."

He nodded.

"Hey, Mateo," Toni greeted, "still having fun banging Alessandra, or was all the fun carried out in the affair?"

Toni shot him a warm smile and Mateo just chuckled, looking down.

"I'll see you around," he muttered, nodding as he walked away.

"Man, that wasn't cool," Asad said, "totally uncalled for."

Toni just scoffed. "I figured the situation was able to be joked about by now."

I looked over at him and shook my head. "He has a lot going on, don't give him a hard time."

"Whoa, is this college all over again, big brother protecting little brother?" Toni asked, "I'm pretty sure he can take care of himself, he's well off enough to take your wife from you."

"Toni," I said, cocking an eyebrow up at him.

He just smiled. "I just know you've gotten hurt trying to protect him before. You've got more on the line now, don't risk yourself for some stupid shit he got himself into."

I just shook my head and turned around, pouring myself a glass of champagne. I felt a presence in the room that only one woman could hold, and my lips pulled up into a grin.

"Adora's here."

"Yeah, and she's definitely making necks break."

~*~

Adora (her POV of walking in)

Santiago never failed to surprise me, or impress me, but this time, I had to say, he'd outdone himself.