50

Adora

I felt my phone chime and I just looked up at Santiago from across the table, placing my fork on my plate before grabbing my phone.

[From: (future) Hubby💍]
Sorry things didn't go as planned last night.

I just smiled, looking up at everyone to make sure it wasn't noticeable. Everyone was having their own conversations, eating their breakfast.

[To: (future) Hubby💍]
It's okay. Maybe we can tell them tomorrow before we leave.

I placed my phone under my leg and shot Jo a smile.

"Adds, you've barely eaten anything," he said.

Toni just shot me a look. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you didn't like my cooking."

I just laughed, shaking my head. "You're a great cook, Toni."

He just shot me an accomplished smile and I felt my phone buzz again.

[From: (future) Hubby💍]
Or we could tell them tonight. Then we can celebrate with 🍑🍆

My eyebrows shot up and I just looked at him from across the table, a smile pulling at my lips.

[From: (future) Hubby💍]
Isn't that what the young kids say?? Or is it 👉🏼👌🏼? I'm old

I couldn't help but to giggle, earning Asad's eyes. He looked over at Santiago and noticed a smile, and rolled his eyes.

[To: (future) Hubby💍]
Just say sex. It's easier. And you may be old, but you're still sexier than every man ever.

"Santiago, no hay teléfonos en la mesa," Luciana said, giving his forearm a good slap.

"Sorry, I was tending to a client."

I just smiled, picking up a bite of my pancake.

"I really love the charred touch you added to my pancake," I said, nodding over at Toni.

He just laughed and rolled his eyes. "I didn't take culinary class."

"Neither did I, and I can cook better than this. Loca," Val said, nudging Toni's elbow.

"We're just teasing," I said, "you're a fantastic chef. We just like giving you a hard time."

"Obviously," he said, "I think my food is rather delicious."

"Agreed," Fred said, nodding.

"That's my boy," Toni said, reaching across the table to give him a high-five.

"So we have to have plans today," Alessandra said, "since it's our last day."

"Skydiving!" Fred exclaimed.

"I don't think your mom can participate in that," Mateo said, rubbing Alessandra's bump that seemed to be growing by the day.

"Yeah, something I can participate in, too," she said.

"Zip lining!" Josiah suggested.

"What is up with you two and activities in the air?" Val asked.

They both shrugged, shoving a forkful in their mouth. "I think we should just live life to the fullest. Since we're teenagers now, and stuff."

"You can live life to the fullest when you're eighteen," Luciana said.

"Come on, abuela," they said, their famous puppy dog eyes boring into her.