3

Santiago

I folded my arms over my chest and flexed my jaw muscle, watching Toni walk through the room I was having finished downstairs.

"It's nice," he said, nodding, his bottom lip jutted out.

I just nodded. "I like it, I think it's nice."

"What exactly is this room going to be?" He asked, rubbing the nape of his neck.

"A-uh, movie room," I said, nodding over at him.

He furrowed his brows together, a smile tugging at his lips. "Is Fifty Shades going to be playing on replay all the time?"

I gave his shoulder a good shove and he just laughed. "This most definitely does not strike me as a movie room, if you just want me to be real."

"Yeah?" I asked, an eyebrow cocked up as I grinned at him, "what does it strike you as?"

He just grinned. "The King's playroom?"

I rolled my eyes with a scoff. "You're ridiculous."

"I'm not ridiculous!" He yelled, following me to the staircase, "it's something you'd do. If you haven't looked into it yet, you should."

"Thanks for the pointers," I said, walking upstairs.

He followed with a chuckle. "Seriously, you just seem like the type of guy to get creative."

I just chuckled and walked into the kitchen, grabbing out a bottle of scotch and two glasses.

"Scotch still?" He asked, "I thought you'd be over it by now."

I chuckled and poured us a glass each. I pulled it up to my lips, swirling the drink around in my cup.

"You know," he said, "I remember the first fight you and snakessandra got into. We drank all fucking night, and it was scotch."

I threw my head back with a laugh. "Love the nickname, creative."

He smiled over at me. "You like that? I've been thinking up names for a while now."

"Six years?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow up at him as I poured myself another glass of scotch.

He chuckled. "Pretty much. I don't think Alessandra and I ever got along, even in my glory days when I got along with everyone."

"I don't know if Alessandra gets along with anyone," I said, "her and Adora can't speak without her popping off about how much Adora is trying."

"Speaking of," he said, "when am I going to get to sit down and chat with Adora? Did she change over the past six years, or is she still that girl I brought home from the bar dead drunk?"

I shot him a piercing glare.

He laughed and threw his hands up. "Friendly fire."

I just smiled and looked down. Honestly, there was no awkwardness between the two and it made me happy that I finally had a woman that got along with my friends. Or tolerated them.

"It's so funny how things work out," he said, tipping his glass back, "you end up with the babysitter that you fell for five years ago, after her being engaged and nearly married. Crazy. Must be some kind of love."

I just looked over at him and nodded. "Yeah."

"Marriage in the picture?" He asked.

I braced my elbows on the counter with a heavy sigh. "Marriage is a heavy subject."

"But if you got married again, it would be to her, I'm assuming."

I just smiled and nodded. "Without a doubt."