6

Santiago

"Someone has a birthday coming up," I sang as I grabbed Adora's hips, making her giggle. I pressed a kiss to her neck and she smiled, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"Good morning to you too," she said, her hand on my cheek.

"The big two four," I said, pressing my hips against hers.

"The big two four," she repeated, smiling back at me.

She just giggled and I furrowed my brows together. "What is it?"

"Twenty four is the most random birthday of all time," she said, "and I've never been big on birthdays. You really don't have to go all out on anything."

"I know," I said, sighing as I rested my chin on her shoulder, "but I want to."

"Don't blow all kinds of money on me," she said, "seriously."

I held out a hand to her. I stuck my pinkie out and she just smiled back at me.

"Pinkie promise I'll set a budget," I said, making her scoff and turn around to face me.

I darted away from her quickly, smiling.

She grabbed a towel and I did the same, grabbing the one from beside the sink.

She began swatting at me and I dodged her, but sucked in a breath as soon as it hit my stomach with a sting.

"Ow," I said hunching over. I dropped my towel and rested my arm over my abdomen, making her walk over to me.

"Are you o-"

I scooped her up and she giggled as I threw her over my shoulder, running through the kitchen.

"Santiago!" She giggled out, and laughed a contagious laugh as soon as I placed her on the kitchen table.

She grasped my face and pulled my lips down to hers, my hand gliding up the outside of her thigh.

"Get a room."

I pulled away quickly when I heard Jo's groggy morning voice, and I looked over at him.

"Creative," Fred laughed out, his eyebrows raised.

"Hey, don't take after your dad, guys," Adora said, sitting up. She brushed her hair away from her face, making my eyebrows furrow together.

"You guys sleep good last night?" I asked.

I walked into the counter and braced my elbows on the counter, my eyes on Adora as she walked into the kitchen.

"Yeah," they said.

"Mom coming by today?" I asked.

"She said she was," Fred said.

I nodded, my eyes darting over to a very quiet Jo.

"You good, kiddo?" Adora said.

He just smiled and nodded. "Yeah I'm good. I'm just trying to think of this problem for the maths test we have next Friday."

Adora's eyebrows shot up.

"It's the weekend," I said, "don't worry about school."

"Four day weekend, at that," Fred said, nudging Jo's elbow.

Jo just smiled.

"Have we ever been able to wake up on Friday to no alarm?" Jo asked.

"Yeah, all those months you're out for summer vacation," I said.

Jo just looked at me and rolled his eyes.

Adora slid two glasses of orange juice across the counter to the boys, smiling as they took them.