26

Adora

*three days later*

Santiago and I had kept our distance. We talked only when it was absolutely necessary, and that was it.

He'd asked for time.

And when Santiago asked for time it was a whole other level- it was even more excessive than women asking for time.

Santiago didn't ask for time much, but when he did, he meant it.

We were pretty much avoiding eachother. Sleeping in separate rooms, and the last time I'd slept in a different room from Santiago was when I left him a year ago.

It just didn't feel right.

Santiago and I had officially passed the line of arguing like a married couple.

"Adds, green light."

I snapped out of my train of thought and stepped on the gas pedal, smiling over at Jo. "Thanks, kiddo."

He just smiled, never taking his eyes away from the mirror.

"Who are you fixing yourself up for?" I asked, smiling.

He flipped the visor back up. "No one. Fred and I just have to make an entrance, considering we were suspended last week."

I just jutted my bottom lip out and nodded. "Understandable."

"Yeah, what he said," Fred said, "bro, does my hair look okay?"

Josiah turned around, nodding. "Looks good."

I just smiled and turned on my blinker, waiting for the next car to pass.

"Adds, why are you and dad pissed at eachother?" Fred asked.

"Uh, what?" I asked, turning onto the road that their school was on.

"You and dad," Josiah said, "you're not even sleeping in the same bed."

I just puckered my lips out. "It's no biggie, we just get in arguments sometimes and need space."

"Since when do you two distance yourselves from eachother?" Fred asked, snorting as he looked out the window.

"We're fine, guys," I said, "hey, your dad isn't going to want to come and pick you up again today, so try to get along with people?"

Josiah just rolled his eyes with a smile, grabbing his door handle. "Bye, Adds."

"Bye, guys, have a good day!" I yelled.

I began to drive off but I was stopped by a large hand on the door, making me jump and press a hand over my chest.

"Sorry," the guy said, "I didn't mean to frighten you."

I just smiled. "Uh, you didn't."

"Nanny, I'm assuming?" He asked, smiling as he peeked in the car.

"Something like that," I said, "Santiago had an early morning, so I dropped them off."

He just nodded. "Well, have a good day."

I just smiled and drove off, aware of the fact that that encounter was quite awkward.

I sighed and drummed my fingers against the steering wheel, biting down on my bottom lip as I looked in my rear view mirror.

I was on my way to the doctor to find out what was really wrong if I wasn't pregnant, and I was still quite nervous.

The short period of baby fever I experienced was gone- Santiago avoiding me made me not want kids for the time being.