47

Adora

I wrapped my thick robe around my body, shooting a sleeping Santiago a glance before opening the bedroom door, leaving it cracked before I walked down the long hallway.

I walked downstairs in the dark, unfamiliar with the floor plan, so I was bound to trip over at least two things.

I sucked in a breath as I stubbed my toe on a table right beside the staircase, silently cursing that table.

I walked into the kitchen of the huge cabin we were staying in, opening the fridge. Santiago and the rest of the males had gone shopping and made sure to supply us with plenty of food and drinks.

I grabbed a glass from the cabinet near me, pouring myself some water. I leaned against the counter and sighed, looking down at my highly reflective ring, even in the dark.

I rotated it around my finger, biting down on my bottom lip.

I couldn't deny the fact that I was absolutely nervous- how would everyone take the news of Santiago and I being engaged?

How would his friends feel about him spending the rest of his life with me? Would they feel like I was worthy of him, or not?

I was most scared about his parents' reaction. I knew his parents loved me, but I wasn't sure if they'd love the fact that he was jumping into marriage again.

I shifted from foot to foot, psyching myself out even more than I already had.

I heard footsteps coming downstairs and I immediately pulled my ring off of my finger, slipping it inside the pocket of my sleep shorts.

"It's just me," Santiago said, smiling.

I just sighed and slipped it back on my finger, placing my water on the counter.

"It's really beautiful here, isn't it?" He asked, walking over to the counter I was leaned on.

I nodded, pursing my lips together. "You have a great taste in vacation spots."

He just grinned over at me, his hands braced on the counter as he looked out at the mountainous scene surrounding us.

"What are you nervous about?" He asked after a few seconds of silence.

"Take a wild guess," I said, looking over at him.

He just sighed, pushing himself off of the counter. He grabbed my hand and stood in front of me, brushing my hair away from my face with his free hand. "Hey, I've got you. For the rest of our lives, at that."

I wrapped my arms around his middle, embracing him in a warm hug. Santiago seemed to radiate heat.

"Yeah, but what is everyone going to think about that?" I asked, my cheek pressed against his chest.

"I don't know and I can't really say I'm concerned, to be honest," he said, pressing a kiss to the top of my head, "proposing to you was the best decision I've ever made."

I just pulled away from him and he cupped my face with his hands, pressing a kiss to my lips.

"Promise, we'll find the perfect way to tell everyone," he said, "you have nothing to stress over."

I just nodded, pursing my lips together as I looked at his lips.

"I can't sleep either," he said, "if that makes you feel any better."

"We could use our time wisely," I said.

"I was thinking, you know, heating things up since it's so fucking freezing here."