10

Adora

I rolled over to be met with Santiago's hard chest, giggling as he peppered kisses to my neck.

"I missed you," he muttered, his hand gliding down my side, "so much."

"Mm, I missed you, too." I said, bitting down on my bottom lip with a smile.

Santiago had a thing about not being able to take his hands off of me, even if it was only a few hours that we were apart.

I'd gotten in super late last night and Santiago and the boys were already asleep, so Santiago and I hadn't even seen each other since four days ago.

"How was your trip?" He asked, his chin resting on my shoulder.

"It was nice," I said, "how was yours?"

"Vulgar," he said, "that's the only word I can find to use."

"Well," I said, intertwining our fingers, "five guys in a house, in the woods, nothing else to do, what can you really expect?"

He chuckled and pressed a kiss to my ear. "I'm so glad we're back."

"Same here," I said, "I can go without traveling for a little while."

Santiago just rolled out of bed and pulled his sweatpants up. "We'll have to see about that."

I just cocked an eyebrow up at him. "Hmm, tempting."

He just winked at me.

"Sadly I have to go into office today," he said, "but I should be back around four. Dinner, on me."

I just smiled. "Yeah, I have to go into work today, too."

John had been generous enough to offer me a work-from-home position. It was great for me. I liked staying here, and it gave the boys an option if they didn't want to have to make things complicated every day after school, so they could just come home.

Plus, John also had another editor, so going into work was less of a priority now.

"Alright. Tell John I said hey, will you?"

I just smiled and nodded, watching as he closed the bathroom door behind him.

I stoop up and stretched, looking in the full-body mirror next to the closet door. My hair looked an absolute mess, and my baggy sleep clothes weren't appealing to Santiago.

I combed my fingers through my messy hair, but my fingers weren't doing the job well enough.

I sprinted over to the bathroom and opened the door, peeking inside before walking in. I didn't want to walk in on Santiago in the toilet, or anything.

I watched his back muscles ripple as he pulled his shirt over his head, my hand on the nape of my neck as I bit down on my bottom lip.

I cleared my throat and he turned around, a warm smile on his face. "Hey, baby."

"Hey," I greeted, "I just needed to get my hairbrush."

He just nodded and reached inside the shower, turning on the water.

"Need a shower?" He asked.

I shook my head, my bottom lip jutted out. "As good of an offer as it is."

He chuckled and pushed his pants down, leaving him in underwear.

"I'm going to go get ready now," I said, turning around.

I widened my eyes and sighed. Was Santiago King constatly looking like sex on legs a blessing or a curse?

~*~