His Queen | Book 1

By ThevampireMermaid18

A tale sought to be as old as time. A story told around a campfire as the children eagerly leaned in, hungry... More

Indroduction
One: Asgard & Vanaheim
Two: The Rainbow Bridge
Three: A Night to Bestow
Four: An End of An Age
Five: God of Light
Six: Equine
Seven: Battle of The Hearts
Eight: Augur
Nine: Blót
Ten: Bleeding Hearts
Eleven: Dying Stars
Twelve: Flower Beds
Thirteen: Dis
Fourteen: The Great Library
Fifteen: Sigvard the Tainted
Sixteen: Premonition
Seventeen: Misfortune
Eighteen: A Waltz of Tragedy
Nineteen: Bed Of Skulls
Twenty: Destiny
Twenty One: Sæhrímnir
Twenty Two: Fool's Demise
Twenty Three: We Are Gods
Twenty Four: Star-Crossed Lovers
Twenty Five: Valhalla's Gate
Twenty-Six: Die In Paradise
Twenty Seven: Mother
Twenty Eight: Let None Put Asunder
Twenty Nine: Goddess of Fidelity
Thirty: Völuspá
Thirty One: A Stones Throw
Thirty Two: Midgard
Thirty Three: Mortal Men
Thirty Four: Gods and Men
Thirty Five: Hydra
Thirty Six: Coronation
Thirty Seven: Before The Throne
Thirty Eight: Casket of Ancient Winters
Thirty Nine: Journey's
Forty: A Thousand Colours
Forty One: Jötunheimr
Forty Two: Bitter Cold
Forty Three: The Exiled
Forty Four: Masters of Magic
Forty Five: Eternally Yours
Forty Six: The Succession
Forty Seven: The Throne
Forty Eight: All Seeing Eye
Forty Nine: The King of Jotunheim
Fifty One: Ginnungagap
Fifty Two: Mourning Light
Fifty Three: There Is Hope
Fifty Four: Across The Stars
End.

Fifty: The Bridge

1.6K 46 0
By ThevampireMermaid18

Queen Frigga is sitting at her husbands bedside, watching over him in his sleep trance. She hugs his still hand tightly. She wishes him to wake up and put an end to all this madness and bring the realms back into alliance. The last time he left for so long to travel Midgard, Odin's brothers stepped into his place and all fell to chaos. Her sons are not ready to take the throne, both have proven that. Both are still far too young, immature, naive, and stubborn in their ways much like their father.

But she was left with no choice.

One of Odin's brothers lives on Vanaheim in solitude, and the other no one has seen for eons.

There is a soft commotion outside the doors. She hears her guards grunting and metal slamming together... then silence. Frigga's heart is pounding. She grabs a sword from the bedside and draws it. The chamber doors burst open with a flash of freezing black ice and wind that swept over the room in one fell swop. The Queen is tossed across the room and her body falls to the ground unmoving.

The King of Jotunheim enters the resting chamber of Odin. A cold chill swept over the golden chamber as the Jotun stepped in. His beady eyes glare over the resting body of the All-Father as he approached the bed. "Look at you." he said, towing over the bed. "A once feared and great king laying helpless in his bed. I wonder if you can hear me?" Laufey passes through the dome surrounding the bed.

"Alas, revenge is sweet, All-Father. I just want you to know that your death came by the hand of Laufey." The Jotnar raised his hands above his head as an icicle formed.

Then a voice,

"And your death came by the son of Odin."

Laufey flung back shocked to hear a second voice at the doors. He turns to face Loki aiming a golden spear at him. A flash of confusion comes across Laufey's blue features. Loki tilted the spear and a flash shot across the room hitting the Jotnar square in the chest and in that instance his body turns to ash. Loki sets down the spear looking at the pile of ash on the floor then back to his father in bed.

Vali appeared suddenly and bolted down the steps into the chamber and to his grandmothers side instantly. He checked over her, trying to see if she was okay. She made little sounds like quick gasps and sobs. Frigga sits up looking around and her eyes shot to her son. "Loki!" Frigga rises to her feet with the steady help of Vali, and she runs over to him. "You saved him!" Loki embraced his mother in a tight hug.

Frigga opens her eyes over Loki's shoulder and she see's Sigyn there in the doorway. Her blue eyes watered over and her lips touched tight. Loki pulled away from the hug and Sigyn disappeared behind his large figure. "I swear to you, mother." he looked her dead in the eye. "They will pay for what they have done today."

Sigyn walks forward. The smell of burnt charcoal tickles her nose and chilled bumps rise on her skin. The princess finds a presence familiar to her appear from behind. She looks at her son standing where he helped his grandmother - and his eyes blew wide.

"Loki." a rough voice bellowed.

Sigyn turned and there stood Thor in his glory. Armoured attire and hammer in hand again. "Thor?" Sigyn was astonished to see him again.

"Uncle!" Vali happily greeted. A sense of relief and happiness made the room grow a tinge brighter at the returned sight of the god of thunder. Although Vali was still upset about his actions on Jotunheim he had never been more happy to see his beloved uncle.

But the expression on Thor's face never wavered. He did not greet his family or smile. His eyes are focused on his brother and his brother alone. Even when Frigga pushed away from Loki and ran into the arms of her eldest son, his eyes kept on Loki as he embraced her tightly.

"I knew you'd come back to us." she greeted, with a warm smile.

Loki backed down the steps with Gungnir tightly in hand. Nervous.

"Father?" questioned Vali.

"Why don't you tell them?" Thor angrily spits, as he followed his brother down.

"Tell us what?" Vali demanded, stepped the other way as his father passed behind him. He looked to his mother who's mouth is open.

"Tell them how you sent the destroyer to kill our friends. To kill me." Thor announced.

"What?" Frigga uttered.

Sigyn stepped forward. "Tell me this is not true!"

The brothers stepped in perfect parallel to one another. Standing off like two wolves, circling the bed. "That can't be true! Loki!" Sigyn demanded an answer. "Tell me he lies and it is not you!"

But there is nothing he can do to sliver his way out of this one. "I was merely enforcing father's last command" There is nothing Loki can do to undo the tangle of lies he has webbed himself into and to make false to the claim of Sigyn's suspicions about him. Everything has all come tumbling down on her head like a block of stones crumbling to dust. As if Hati and Skoll have finally caught up with the chariots of the sun and moon and swallowed them whole.

The Warriors were right. The deep dark feelings Sigyn had were right. And Loki deny's nothing, not even a little bit to put her growing pain at ease. Her heart throbbed inside her chest and she keeled over into the arms of Queen Frigga.

"You're a talented liar, brother." said Thor. "Always have been."

"It's good to have you back." he chuckled, as a reply. "Now, if you'll excuse me. I have to destroy Jotunheim." Loki aims the weapon and from the tip a bright blast of energy shoots over the bed of Odin hitting Thor in the chest. The blast knocks the god off his feet and through the wall. The thick golden walls bursts outwards upon impact and Thor is now falling through the sky almost unconscious.

"Father, no!" Vali throws himself at his father but he had already transformed into a bird and flown out the window. Vali's hands smack the wall as he gazed out at the retreating bird heading for the rainbow bridge. "He's going for the bridge. I must go after him."

Frigga steps in his way. "This is not a fight you can win. They are much stronger and we wont risk you getting hurt between them."

"Mother." pleads Vali.

"She is right, Vali."

"We have to stop them."

"How?"

"Use your powers! Father will listen to you."

There is a great rumbling that shook Asgard and a flash of light across the skies. The observatory spins and grinds into place and the Bifrost shoots out into the galaxy. The steady stream of energy keeps spinning and it isn't stopping. Sigyn shook her head. "He won't listen. Not now that he thinks he is king."

There is a gasp from Vali. Disbelief and shock. "And that is how he plans on destroying Jotunheim?" Vali gestured a hand to the giant hole in the wall. "They will kill each other. Father wants to destroy Jotunheim, we cannot allow him to do that!"

"That is because..." Sigyn stopped, catching herself. Her son doesn't know of his father true identity. Vali asked why she stopped. He pried for what she had to say.

Frigga turned to Sigyn. "He has to know the truth. It has been kept for far too long."

"Know what!?" demanded Vali. "We don't have time for this."

"Loki, your father. He is not Aesir." she tried to tell him.

"I don't care I am going to stop them!" Vali pushed passed his grandmother and his mother and fled down the hall in a mad hurry. "They will destroy each other and everything!"

Sigyn cried out of frustration. "I must stop them, Frigga. And I cannot in my condition. There is no one left now. This secret of his heritage has hurt him in so many ways, Loki does not know who he truly is anymore. I don't know what to do."

"Oh, my child." Frigga brings her into her warm arms. "I am so sorry for all of this."

"What does our marriage mean, Frigga? The alliance between our realms? Its bond means nothing now."

Frigga pulled back Sigyn and took her wet cheeks. "You love Loki that is the meaning of your bond. Nothing else should matter. Forget the realms that was from an age long passed! You are upset right now. We must find a way to stop all of this horror!"

"What will we do?"

Frigga takes Sigyn's arm and heads to lead her away. "We must revert to ourselves and find the old warrior we have put to sleep."

"But I have never seen a proper battle."

There was a loud rumble and they stopped. They looked around. It happened again shaking the very walls around them. Frigga and Sigyn took to the stairs and looked out of the hole to the bridge. The rumble happened again and a large flex of light too was coming from the bridge.

Odin's one eye opened.

Rumble.

Odin sits up in his bed and Frigga stands too shocked. "Odin!" she rejoiced to see her husband well. He gets out of bed and his armour appears around him. He takes no time in greeting his wife. His son's are fighting and the Bifrost is compromised. He looks to Sigyn and motioned quickly. "With me, child. Now!" he barked, fleeing from his chamber in a hurry. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 333 52
Long before the events of Thor and the Avengers, the god of mischief fell for a common Asgardian maiden. Late night meetings and secret rendezvous's...
2.4K 91 21
Trouble is in the heir ✧ Whether't be yet another tale of the forbidden fruit, their long history together, or even fate, Loki hast found himself not...
10.7K 496 14
I took his hands in mine frantically, causing his eyes to meet mine. "Then hand over the Tesseract and come home, Loki. Please." "I can't." H...
156K 4.5K 43
"And no matter how much they fought, they would somehow be pulled back together, as if forced to reunite. Was it fate? Or just plain luck? Neither kn...