Untitled, 2018

By writtenlegacy

Not your average romance. In which a chance meeting changes everything for a disillusioned star and a spunky... More

Prelude: Stasis
Chapter 1: Goatee Man
Chapter 2: Customs
Chapter 3: Snapback
Chapter 4: 5Ever
Chapter 5: See-Through
Chapter 6: Sandalous
Chapter 7: Encore!
Chapter 8: Wanna Pee Alone
Chapter 9: Jimin's Day Out
Chapter 10: Glued to the Door
Chapter 11: Out of Character
Chapter 12: Favorite
Chapter 13: Blend In
Chapter 14: Square One
Chapter 15: What Would I Do Without You
Chapter 16: Food Fight
Chapter 17: Clearance
Chapter 18: Wrong Date
Chapter 19: Lost and Lost
Chapter 21: Calm Before
Chapter 22: Soup
Chapter 23: Heighten
Chapter 24: Wanna Forget
Chapter 25: Framing
Chapter 26: Wrong Time, Wrong Place
Chapter 27: Mission Impossible
Part 28: The Last Place You'd Look
Part 29: In and Out of Deep Doo-doo
Part 30: Fired
Interlude: Mixin It Up
Chapter 31: Meet the Boys
Chapter 32: KaraoCrazy
Chapter 33: More Than A Fan
Chapter 34: You're Not Just Anyone
Chapter 35: Moody
Chapter 36: You Don't Know Me
Chapter 37: Principles
Chapter 38: MakeUp
Chapter 39: Gunho and Jihun
Chapter 40: Sabotage
Chapter 41: Lunch Date
Chapter 42: Photoshoot
Chapter 43: Your Pick
Chapter 44: How Could I Be Mad?
Chapter 45: Gunho's Revelation
Chapter 46: Part of the Crew
Chapter 47: What Feels Right
Chapter 48: Not That Simple
Chapter 49: Curveball
Chapter 50: So Suddenly
Chapter 51: Out of the Loop
Chapter 52: Four Strikes
Chapter 53: Just Talk
Chapter 54: The Entire Damn Industry
Chapter 55: White Knight
Chapter 56: Inaction
Chapter 57: My Business
Chapter 58: A Night of Secrets Revealed
Chapter 59: Better Than Okay
Chapter 60: Cut Off
Chapter 61: Moonlight
Chapter 62: So Much in So Little Time
Chapter 63: Fever Dream
Chapter 64: Realistic
Chapter 65: Ill-Timed Disaster
Chapter 66: Our Many Obligations
Chapter 67: In Our Hands
Chapter 68: The Hardest Choices We Make
Chapter 69: Unlikely Allies
Chapter 70: What Really Happened
Chapter 71: Why I Hate Mondays
Chapter 72: Backfire and Fire Back
Chapter 73: Goodbyes Are Never Good
Chapter 74: Encore, Where We Began
Chapter 75: A Kiss To Seal The Deal
Chapter 76: A Worthy Title
Postlude: Fate Beckons
Afterword: Author's Note

Chapter 20: Airdrop

298 9 0
By writtenlegacy

Jimin held Baek Hee's hand delicately, but she yanked it away and started removing her makeup in the mirror. Her glare was icy and angry.
"Baekie... I'm sorry I don't have that dress for you."
"I literally saw someone else in it today. Not even a star- just some random nobody! And you know what she said when I asked her where the dress was from? Clearance. So you lied to me."
Jimin looked taken aback for a moment. I gasped softly when it hit me and I looked down at my dress guiltily. I pulled the dress up and around me neck to see the tag. Of course- Chanel. Why didn't I notice that before?
"Clearance...? Look Baekie. It was probably a fake that some other company created. Sometimes these dresses all look the same, right?"
She whipped her head around and grumbled, "Is your taste really that poor?" And she stormed away to a little door that was either a changing room or a restroom, slamming the door behind her.
Jimin sighed and looked very troubled as he sunk into the couch in the middle of the room. I bit my lip and wracked my brain for a way to get out of there, or somehow return the dress. I looked at my dress and saw that it would definitely not pass as a fresh present without being washed anymore- especially after having worn it through a hectic day.

I gave up and stayed squatted, looking at my phone for any cracks or scratches. I saw a few unread messenger notifications, and accidentally opened the photo feature of the app when I checked it. I suddenly thought of a brilliant idea.
What if I wrote a message, and then threw my phone at him? Even if his girlfriend walked in she probably wouldn't care, and maybe just think he has several phones right?

I blacked out a picture on my phone and wrote a message on it, ready to throw my phone at him, but I stopped myself... because of how terrible the idea was. I huffed with frustration and swiped up to delete the picture message, when a little notification popped up halfway on the screen. AirDrop: Jiminnie.
________________________
Jimin's POV

I waited for Baekie while looking and feeling miserable and keeping an eye on the door to make sure nobody unwanted would barge in and ask questions. Suddenly my phone buzzed with a notification. I peered at it, and had to stop myself from screaming.
"This is Riti. Don't come but I'm stuck behind the clothing racks. You guys came in while I was looking for my phone back here."

I slowly turned my head to the rows of clothing racks with my horror clearly visible on my face, and saw a faint rustling among some clothes as a dark hand stuck out slightly and waved at me. I stood up and groaned, annoyed at her antics. The hand retracted when I heard the click of Baekie's door and I quickly turned my head to look at Baekie, not sure what I was feeling guilty about. My phone buzzed again and I saw another Airdropped message: "My dress! Give her my dress in that bag."

I looked at the bag in my other hand, I'd forgotten I was carrying it. But the problem was that in my rush I hadn't actually cleaned it. Not to mention, Baekie wanted something... better. Another message: "GIVE IT."

I was about to whine, but controlled myself. "Baekie... I know you wanted a really expensive, designer, one-of-a-kind dress..." I said aloud, hoping that Riti got my message. Almost instantly, another message airdropped. "Check the label."
I curiously ruffled through the bag to look at the label on the white dress... Yves Saint Laurent... "which is why, Baekie, I bought you this!" I held the bag out with a lopsided and nervous smile, "and chocolates?" She turned around from the mirror and came to me to grab them.

"But see, the problem is... I ruined the dress. I was eating ramen in my room and spilled it all over the dress not that long ago today," I took a breath and said loudly, "and I feel really guilty about it!" Another Airdrop: "It's cool, dude," in English over a dark selfie of her smiling. I gave a small chuckle and sent her an Airdrop myself, though it took me more time. "This is too hard. What's your kakaotalk ID"

Airdrop: "I don't have one."
"Get one."

"YSL? Wow I know the catalogs but I've never seen this one before..." Baekie commented, waving the dress in front of her. I looked up from my phone and gave a nervous chuckle. "It is one of a kind, after all... just like you, Baekie-ah."
She looked at me with round cute eyes and gave a sheepish smile before saying, "Wait here. I have something for you." She disappeared back into the dressing rooms and I sighed with relief and checked my phone.

Airdrop: "I made one. The ID is ______"
I switched apps and added her, typing in "Don't do anything crazy or we'll both be in trouble."
She responded, "Crazy? Me? Oh please."
That sarcastic tone made me frown.

"Where did you get the dress?"
"What, you think I'm poor?"
"No, but you didn't seem like the type."

She stopped typing, and I thought maybe I was being a little too rude.
But I guess I just felt familiar enough to say things like that. After all, she was eavesdropping on a conversation between me and my girlfriend right now.

She finally responded with a smiling emoji. "You're right. It's one-of-a-kind because it's fake. I literally sewed that label on myself."
"What?!"
"I suggest you take the dress before she pulls the tag or something."
"I literally cannot believe this. Why would you even put on a fake tag? It's a tag!"
"It helped, didn't it?!"
I realized she was a bit slow at typing in Korean, and substituted some English in her writing. Not to mention her writing was a little weirdly formal. Well, she definitely wasn't Korean, so even this was kind of really impressive.

Suddenly, I heard a familiar scream from the dressing room and slowly got up, but didn't bother to go to her. By now, I knew it was her dramatic response to anything shocking. I heard a little thud from behind the clothing racks though, and I had to suppress a giggle when I realized Riti probably fell. But I immediately ironed my features out when Baekie stormed out of the dressing room with her phone in one hand and a couple of bags in the other.

She flung the bags at me and I barely caught them, taken aback. One was the dress and the other had wrapping paper and something in it. "Jimin! I literally cannot believe you! You knocked up a girl?!"
I choked on my spit and stared at her for a minute. "What?"

She walked towards the door, looking distraught and enraged.
"Don't even lie to me. A stylist friend of mine was at the BigHit building today... she saw you coming out of the restrooms... with a pregnant girl!"

The room got uncomfortably silent. Baekie turned to the door and started sobbing.
I heard a sudden snort of laughter that was immediately muffled come from behind the clothing racks. Baekie's head snapped up and I panicked and cleared my throat to play it off as my cough or sneeze or something. My lips trembled as I tried to suppress a laugh myself.
"Baekie- Baek Hee! Stop crying, seriously! Your friend saw me as I happened to leave the bathroom at the same time as some woman and you assumed I'm the father? Are you crazy?" My tone betrayed my increasing annoyance, and she stopped crying.
"Honestly, Baek Hee. Do you do this to try and make me feel guilty? So that I can overlook—" I took a sharp breath and stopped myself before I got upset and said something I'd regret.

She looked at me with a calm expression, but her voice was dangerously sharp. "You have the guts to accuse me when you can't even do something so basic as to get the right size for me for a dress? What am I, obese?"
I frowned with disappointment. "Listen, Baek Hee... look, I'm sorry for this present botch up. Let's just talk when you're less tired, okay?"

She narrowed her eyes and said in a murmur, "I brought your birthday present today because I'll be busy on Friday with the music show. It's in the bag." My Birthday is on Saturday. She grabbed a purse sitting on one of the dressers and left the room, and I waited till she rounded the hallway corner to close the door and plop onto the couch with a big sigh.
"You can come out now," I said in English.

I saw her figure walk up to the dressers and check out her dress in the mirrors. She laughed and spun around to face me. "Did she really call me pregnant?" I could see that she liked to keep a very safe distance from me. Not surprising; she was probably a little intimidated. I almost preferred her bad-mouthing me when she didn't know who I was, though.

I was about to tell her something along the lines of being more comfortable around me, but it came out as a half-shriek when the door opened all of a sudden. But instead of Baek Hee, a tall bunny poked his head in, confused.

Riti grew visibly more nervous and shrunk into a chair. Huh. "Kook! Did you see Baekie leave?" I asked, getting up.
His eyes didn't leave Riti as he responded. "Yes she got off the elevator as I got on... wait, what's going on here? Ms. Riti, why are you here?"
She shot up when she was addressed and cleared her throat. "I'm here for work, actually. Dr. Kang is at a meeting I'm not allowed to be at right now upstairs. I came here to look for my phone." She waved it in front of her with a smile.
Kook slowly nodded and looked between us.

"Oh! By the way!" She exclaimed. "Call me crazy but... do you guys remember the guard at the airport with the red handcuffs?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 444 39
"I am glad I didn't like you for real. It was just a stupid bet anyway" Taehyung said walking away. "Is it true?" I asked Jimin through my tears but...
167K 8.3K 36
After all the hurt and misunderstandings going on between Jimin and Taehyung who are both members of Bts, they finally realize their love for each ot...
WHY By brandy

Fanfiction

15.7K 820 52
a story in which a girl reunites with her childhood bestfriend who happens to be part of the biggest band in the world. somehow things go sideways an...
223K 10.6K 33
-We all love that chase.- When both best friend fall for the same person; one gives up and the other one carry on, however it was not the same anymo...