(Bnha) Kami's Gift

By MySoulReader

Izuku Midoriya was born quirkless and his dreams of becoming a hero were shattered. Well, that is until Kami... More

Chapter 1: The Gift
Chapter 2: Makings Of A Hero
Chapter 3: The Next Step
Chapter 4: A Name For Myself
Chapter 5: Meeting Class 1-A
Chapter 6: Quirk Evaluation
Chapter 7: Night of a Hero
Chapter 8: Trial by Battle
Chapter 9: Break Past My Limits
Chapter 10: A Spider?!
Chapter 11: We're Back!
Chapter 13: Unforeseen Attack
Chapter 14: Friendship Will Prevail
Chapter 15: You'll Pay For That
Chapter 16: The Hero's Recovery
Tagged
Chapter 17: Omni's Outbreak
Chapter 18: Rise of a Hero
Sorry, Not An Update
Chapter 19: Shining Smile
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
The End
Bad news
Poll Results
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 12: Training To Be Heroes

7.2K 118 114
By MySoulReader

I hated every minute of training, but I said 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.' - Muhammad Ali

A/N: Suffer now, for a better tomorrow. What have you suffered through? Personally. I'm just trying to keep my figure.

Key:
'Hey' - Thoughts
"Everyone" - Normal Speech
"Thanks" - Electronic Device speaking
"For" - Deity speech/thoughts
*Reading* - Sound effects and Actions

Onto The Story!

The Next Morning ~ Izuku's POV

After that eventful night, I woke up in my room with a major pain in my abdomen and left forearm, but just sent Principal Nezu a text about it and went on with my day. I took a simple shower and saw Gwen in front of my room while I only had my towel on.

"*Blushes* Um... Izuku," Gwen says before facing my dorm door and slapping both her cheeks before turning back to face me. "I brought Recovery Girl to check on your wound."

"Thanks, but don't worry about it. My regenerative powers healed the wound and there are just some minor aches every now and then." I said before opening my door while Gwen left the hallway in a hurry. After that, I got dressed in my uniform before cooking myself some Katsudon while almost everyone was sleeping, except for Gwen and Yaoyorozu-san out of worry and routine respectively speaking.

'Training is going to be a pain.'

'Sure is, but bear with it. You'll have battles like this where you have to fight injured, but keep it to a minimum.' Athena-sama said as I made a small nod in response before going to clean some stuff up.

Time Skip ~ Class Starts

When the first bell rang, the usual yellow sleeping bag unzipped itself revealing Aizawa-sensei. "Alright, class, you will be doing training all day today with class 1-B. All of your teachers will be helping out, but so will Izuku as he is injured from his patrol last night."

"Sensei, I'll be fine. Just some minor aches every now and then." I said, trying not to get rid of the chance to do some serious training.

"Sorry, but the Principal believed it was the best decision. After all, if All Might isn't ready we need another one-man army here, but if you can convince the Principal then I can't stop you." Aizawa-sensei said before applying some eyedrops. "Now the rest of you get in your P.E. uniforms and meet in Midoriya in front of the locker rooms, then he'll lead you to Gym Gamma."

Scene Change ~ Gym Gamma

When class 1-A got there, we were met with our teachers and class 1-B already there. But of course, there was a blonde guy with a mental issue, at least I hope that's the reason. 

"Ha! Class A is supposed to be better yet Class B got here first!" Said the mentally insane hero in training, but our annoying blonde started to talk.

"Shut up! Mister Hero over here fell a few times!" Kasumi said, which made a tick mark grow on my forehead and my right eye started to twitch.

"You try getting shot and walking half a mile! And for the matter, I only tripped once and caught myself!" I said before Aizawa-sensei's eyes started to glow red.

"Enough, it's time to train." He said before everyone got into order, but I just stood to the side while clutching my left arm. "Alright, so you can train by yourself or ask one of our staff to help you. Midoriya you'll be teaching a lesson to everyone later about fighting styles after lunch."

With a small nod, everyone went off to train while I was with Nezu-sama organizing the lesson while practicing my own fighting style. So far, I made the Fox-Fang style for my Kitsune form focusing on deceiving my opponent by hiding my skills until the last moment. But I just practiced a bit with Haemokinetic Constructs, Voice Manipulation, and Spider Physiology to get more used to them.

Time Skip ~ Izuku's Lesson

As I was about to start the lesson, the blonde bastard from class B started to talk again. "How is a handicapped teenager supposed to teach us how to fight, when he can't even fight!"

"*Chuckles* Alright, what's your name?"

"Neito Monoma! And you class A better remember it!"

"Oh! Your the copycat who can't do anything without other people, you'll be great for a demonstration," I said before class A and the staff had widened eyes. "Now Monoma-san just stand on the other side of the mat."

Once he did that he started to trash talk, "You're going to be easy to beat. Multiple quirks that I can copy is going to be your downfall."

"Okay, everyone, today you'll be developing your own fighting style that adapts to your quirk," I said before taking off my shirt and taking off my bandages to show my wounds. "Even though I have these wounds, a true hero should risk their own life to save others, as I have and many others."

"Nicely said, Young Midoriya, but you should start the spar or we'll get bored." All Might-sensei interrupted as I wrapped my bandages again.

"Okay, but remember A hero is someone who, in spite of weakness, doubt or not always knowing the answers, goes ahead and overcomes them," I said before getting into a loose fighting stance.

A/N: Credit to Christopher Reeve for the quote.

"Hajime!" Once Midnight-sensei said that Monoma charged towards me with a punch pulled back. When he went for his punch, I went Kitsune for a split second and let him phase through my body.

"This class is my Fox-Fang style, my tricks will get anyone," I said with an almost fox-like grin as Monoma-san stood back up.

"Where're class A's famous quirks?" He taunted as he walked towards me. "Come on, shortie, scared I'll beat you with your own quirk?"

A/N: In this story, Izuku is a mere 5 foot 2 inches or 1.57 meters.

"No, *sadistic laugh* Let's see if you can handle this quirk?" I said before using 5% of One For All throughout my body. "Remember you asked for this."

As my lighting cowl appeared, Monoma-san tried to copy One for All, but he dropped to the ground while trying to hold his body together as if it would tear apart. "What is this power!?" He yelled as I was in front of him in the blink of an eye.

"You should know, I was blessed with multiple quirks. But each quirk requires more time and balance between uses, otherwise, I'd end up like you when using this quirk." I said before picking Monoma-san up to his feet as he stopped copying One for All. "This is why you can't rely on others all the time, that's why you should train yourself first."

I then turned to everyone else while throwing Monoma-san to class B. "Remember the real world isn't so nice, people cheat, lie, and kill just to survive. So developing your own style will surprise opponents, but since we'll be working with each other, help each other and adapt their own styles to your own. If you'll need me, I'll be meditating in the middle of the gym."

After that everyone left with a small group of their friends, but now Gwen or Sumiko-chan. "Hey, Izuku! Mind helping us for a bit?" Gwen yelled up as I floated down in front of them.

"Okay, but what type of moves are you focusing on?" I asked while clutching my gut again.

"I'm focusing on bringing my opponents in for close-combat."

"I'm trying to keep people at a distance with my ice quirk."

"Okay, Sumiko-chan, I'll help you in a bit as Gwen will be easier for me to teach. We'll be back in five," I said before walking away with Gwen to an empty mat in the gym. "Gwen, I want you to try to catch me with your webs as I dodge."

I said before dodging a web aimed at my head with my new Spider-sense. Then Gwen kept going for more shots that hit other students instead of me, but I got behind Gwen and pinned her to the ground. "Gwen, be more creative and not straightforward. Makes you too obvious when attacking. Let me show you how it's done."

Once she walked to the opposite side of the mat, I got into a loose fighting position. "Now, Gwen, when fighting someone who can sense danger or see a glimpse of the future, you have to be unpredictable."

Then I jumped into the air and shot two webs at her. Both webs were dodged, but when they attached to the ground, I pulled myself towards Gwen and kicked her in the gut.

"Didn't see that one coming?" I taunted.

A/N: Anyone gets the reference?

"No, but my spider-sense only felt the first attack."

"Exactly, the spider-sense can sense immediate danger, but if you're fast enough, you can't sense the next attacks. The only way to get out of that is to let your instincts take over, but that can be quite hard to do in just training," I said before grabbing my left forearm again. "For now, come up with techniques starting from the same move, like a web shot turning into a swing."

Then, I left to meet up with Sumiko-chan as she made some snowflakes in her right hand to amuse herself. "Sorry it took me so long, but what kind of style or move are you thinking about?"

"It's no problem, but I wanted a defensive and offensive move since I couldn't think of a fighting style." She said to which I nodded before turning into my Kitsune form.

"How about an attack to get enemies away from you?" I said before taking a few steps back. Then I yelled, "Flaming Spiral!" Before a spiral made of flames surrounded me, but the flames soon subsided. "Try that one, but with ice instead. Then try to make new moves out of it or at least based."

"Okay," She simply replied before we both walked off. I soon found myself meditating once again in the air as I waited until class was near its end.

Time Skip ~ Hour Before School Ends

After everyone finished their training, we moved over to UA's stadium-like area. Of course, I was already on the stage with my teachers and superiors alongside me while the rest of the students were lined up in front of us.

The first to speak up was me. "Alright, everyone. Now we are here to access your progress with your training so far. Don't worry about how other people do, this is just to find your flaws and improve your fighting style. Without further ado, who'd like to spar with me first?"

Before anyone could raise their hand, Monoma-san got into the arena Cementoss made for everyone. "I'll take that rematch," He said confidently as he got into a Taekwondo-like stance.

"Alright," I said before taking an Aikido fighting stance as he went to charge me again. But this time, instead of phasing through once again, I stepped forward with my right foot and used my fist of blood technique to punch Monoma-san in the gut. Once he was in the air, I created a dull blade with my own blood and started to become a bit lightheaded, but my Kitsune regeneration fixed that small problem.

"Damn, didn't expect the little brat to stop being a coward," He taunted as he got up. Once he was up, I rushed towards him and slid on the ground to swipe his feet with my blade. After he fell to the ground again, I put my foot on his back and my blade touching the back of his head.

"Do you yield?"

"Yes!" Monoma-san shouted before I released him.

"That was a good start, but as a hero, identifying your opponent's possible moves and abilities may make the difference for you. After all, you expected me to phase again, didn't you?"

"Yeah, but that a cheap move switching your style like that."

"Quit complaining. Life is never fair, that's why I'm teaching you guys."

"I don't get it, why would you have to teach us?" Gwen interrupted

"As I have multiple quirks, I'm better suited to testing you. Since most people know the abilities of UA's staff, I would be near unpredictable with my 5 current quirks." I explained before Cementoss repaired the cut on the stadium from my blade. "Who's next?"

"Well, might as well," Yaoyorozu-san said before stepping into the arena. "Izuku, how about we make a deal?"

"What are the terms?"

"I win, you make me food for a week and be my personal butler. If you win, I'll do one thing for you."

"Alright, if I win..." I paused to think for a bit. "You're cleaning 1-A's dorm this week."

"Fine," She hesitantly agreed before making a metal staff. "Let's Go!"

She then made a nesting doll and threw it at me. Once it got close, the doll exploded and I was surrounded by smoke. Before I knew it, I was hit on my head with Yaoyorozu-san's staff. "Fine, Wind Whistle," I whispered before whistling with my voice manipulation, causing the smoke to be dispersed. 

"Found ya!" I semi-yelled before screeching, causing Yaoyorozu-san to cover her ears and drop her weapon. Before I could get oxygen back, I pinned her to the ground. "Guess, *pant* I win."

Then, I got off of her to let her recuperate with the rest of the students. "Okay, I got enough energy for one more spar before we finish this class."

"Then I'll be your opponent," Kasumi said while slowing walking to the arena. "Don't underestimate me, last time was just a fluke and you caught me off guard."

"You're correct on that part, but a hero should take every advantage they can get. Now, as this is the last spar, I'll use my quirk that I have the most experience with," I said while taking a very unique fighting stance as some would say.

A/N: Big fan of the Dragon Ball series, but I'm using some of Goku's fighting styles.

"You're underestimating me... whatever your loss," She said before taking a street fighting stance with her fists in front of her for a fist fight. Then she charged forward with her right hand behind her and ready for a punch.

When she got close for her right hook, she tried to go for it but I grabbed her arm before throwing her with her momentum. Before she slammed on the ground, Kasumi rocketed herself into the air using her explosions. After I took my Kitsune form, I said, "Now, it's time for some fun!"

"Finally getting serious, now I can get a warmup!" Kasumi taunted before a small circle of fire appeared in her hands. "AP Shot!" She said before a stream of fire blasted towards me.

A/N: I know that the AP Shot works differently in the manga, but I'm doing this for fanfiction. Basically, Katsuki makes a circle with his other hand before firing, Kasumi doesn't need to.

As the fire headed towards me, I used my 3 tails to literally eat the fire as the heads kept getting closer to Kasumi. Before Kasumi could react, my tails grabbed her as I walked right in front of her. "What are you going to do, Shortie!?"

"Hmm... I don't know, I mean a real villain would kill you on the spot, but some would take you for their own purposes." I said while holding Kasumi a meter (40 inches) in the air. "But, unfortunately, I can just make you lose this spar."

With that, I released Kasumi as she walked to the rest of the class. While I stood in the middle of the arena as if waiting for my next challenge. "All Might-sensei, time for that little surprise!"

In a millisecond, All Might-sensei appeared in the arena in his hero form. "Young Midoriya, I hope you use your full power as this battle will prove if you're truly ready to be a hero." He said before going to the opposite side of the arena from mine.

"Whatever..." I said before returning to my normal form and walking to the other side of the arena. "Let's Start!"

Immediately, I started to rush towards my Sensei before a green cowl of lightning surrounded me and I  was in front of him in a flash. Before I realized what happened, All Might-sensei ran behind me and elbowed my spine, forcing me into a wall of the stadium. But instead of getting up like I wanted, I saw a pure white light.

"Hello, Izu," Athena-sama said casually as she appeared from nowhere. "Seems I should give you a new quirk, any requests?" 

"Not at the moment, Athena-sama. It's completely your choice," I said before groaning as I got out of the new crater in the wall.

"Then a simple Healing quirk should do, but I'll explain the rest after this little fight. For now, I'll wait on the sidelines." Athena-sama said before walking away with the click of her heels constantly sounding.

Before I knew it, my body seemed to heal itself with a soft green glow. "Alright, I can get used to this. But let's take this up a notch, LIMIT BREAK!" I yelled before my necklace and bracelets had a drop of blood in their respective gems.

Then, I formed my blood blade once again before making gauntlets out of my own blood. All of the sudden, All Might-sensei tried to punch me in the gut, but I blocked it with the blade side of my weapon. A cut formed on his knuckles before he went for a punch with his left hand which knocked me a fair bit back before I took on a red glow.

When the glow subsided, my hair seemed to fix itself as it became white and my clothes shifted to black shirt and pants. But what intrigued me was my black eye with a red iris and the three blood-red tail-like appendages formed behind me.

Then my tails grabbed each of All Might-sensei's limbs before I used a tail to make a 100% impact on sensei's chest. Before anyone could process what happened, I seemed to win as All Might-sensei was out cold but was hidden by a pile of rubble.

"Good job, Izu," Athena-sama said while walking towards me, while I struggled to stand in my regular form. "Now, your haemokinetic construct quirk seemed to evolve into a separate Ghoul physiology quirk. Now, this quirk will empower your constructs, but takes a lot of energy to withhold, as you could barely stand after 30 seconds of using it. While your Healing quirk allows you to heal yours and others wounds, as long as you have enough energy for the wound."

Then, she left as an orb of energy entered my body. Then, Principal Nedzu jumped onto my head as I collapsed on the ground from the extra weight. "Really... Well, now that training is over, you all have the rest of the week to prepare for a special training trip this Friday. Of course, we'll be training you all in USJ, the Unforeseen Simulation Joint and not Universal Studios Japan."

That's A Wrap!

Powers:

Adaptive Resurrection - When Izuku should die, he instead gains a quirk based around his reason of death or to prevent it.

Limit Break - An ability for Izuku to gain an extraordinary power boost for only one quirk that he can use for a select time. This may result in evolution, a new quirk, or just a permanent power boost.

Kitsune Physiology - Izuku takes his Kitsune form to control fire, have spirit-like abilities, tail manipulation, shapeshifting, illusion creation, and insanity inducement. Of course, the form takes a lot of energy, but through continuous use, Izuku can maintain it longer.

Haemokinetic Constructs - Create nearly anything out of Izuku's own blood. Each construct needs a sufficient amount of blood, but ay lessen with continuous use.

Voice Manipulation - Izuku can control all aspects of his vocal cords and voice box. This uses more oxygen than normal, but can also strain the vocal cords.

One For All - Stockpiled power from 9 people, with Izuku being the ninth holder. Currently, Izuku can use 5% safely, but the power is still growing stronger.

Spider Physiology - Izuku can shoot webs, stick to walls, and sense danger. This is based on Peter Parker from Earth 616.

Ghoul Physiology - Izuku takes a ghoul form to control his blood constructs with ease and have heightened senses as well, but it takes much more energy as this technically still uses two quirks still.

Love Interests:
Kasumi Bakugo (Also Rival)
Yu Takeyama (Mt. Lady)
Ochako Uraraka (Side character as of now)
Momo Yaoyorozu (Smart friend)
Sumiko Todoroki (Shy-ish friend)
Felicia Hardy (Black Cat, but villain love)
Gwen Stacy (Spider-Gwen, but Hero partner)
Daichi Kaminari (Drunk friend, nothing happened)

A/N: For Ghoul stuff, he won't have to eat humans. Otherwise, Kami will come to the real world when Izuku isn't in immediate harm (dieing again). Thank for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 2K 15
Izuku Midoriya was born without a special power or quirk, but when he dies to save a girl, a few goddesses may just bring him back with the power to...
117 10 2
Izuku Midoriya was on the verge of death. His fight with All For One, reborn through Tenko's body, had wreaked hell upon his own body. He was barely...
279K 5.3K 49
Izuku discovers he has a quirk, but it was kept secret from him do to it's nature. Now it has awakened and is far more powerful thanks to One For All...
77.6K 2.4K 37
Izuku was known to be an only child who was born with no quirk. Despite this set back he still aimed to be a hero, but no one believed in him. No one...